WW Clubs and Groups - Fab 40's and Fit 50's #175

View Full Version : Fab 40's and Fit 50's #175

Jenny523
08-30-2005, 06:24 AM
Terri,
Are you safe and sound after Katrina passed through? It seems a while since we've heard from you. Let us know!

Ruth,
By now you've probably gotten a great job since graduating. How is everything with you?

A big Hi :wave: to everyone
~Jen

Jenny523
08-31-2005, 08:45 AM
It is sooo quiet in here! :?:
My heart is heavy when I see the devastation in the South. I worry about Terri and her family.
New Orleans was a favorite of ours, we've been there 3 times and each time we went I fell in love just a bit more with the city. There have been so many losses.
Hope all is well with everyone.
~Jen

Hi guys.

We had a lot of winds (up to 70 MPH). It was scary for about 24 hours.
We had a mess outside and power outages. The devistation down south is so sad. I have been crying listening to some of the stories. I have a good friend that lives in Destrehan (30 miles from NO) and she left the day before it hit for her dad's in North La. I hope she is ok.

Jen,
It sounds like you heard the click. Keep it up. You will not be sorry.
You are almost in the teen sizes. So close. I'll bet you can taste it. That taste is better than real food. :lol:
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONCERN.
I hope Lee stays away. We don't need back to back storms again.

Dianne,
Glad your party was a hit. Sorry you didn't feel well.
I am so glad things are working out for Alana.

Es,
I hope the pain goes away soon.
Britts is doing pretty well. She is getting a dose of the real world.

TTYL,
Terri

Sandancy
09-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Hi Friends,:wave:

Jen, you are right we have gotten awfully quiet here lately, but I am so glad to know that we are here for each other.

I keep watching all of the tragedies in the gulf after Katrina, it seems so dreadful that it is hard to grasp. I keep thinking about the Tsunami last year too and realizing that our ability to inform people about the weather made it a little better here, but it can only go so far. I am afraid we have a lot ahead of us still.

Dianne, I hope you are feeling better by now. I was glad to hear that Willie's big 60 bash was a great event, and I hope you enjoyed it despite coming down with all of those "itis'es". Having all the kids together must have been great. Congrats to Alana on going straight on to grad school, what is she studying? I too have forgotten.

Terri, Britt's schedule sounds really challenging, is it the same every day?
What are her courses? So glad that you were not hit hard by the hurricane, I keep wondering about Ruth, I believe she lives in Louisiana.

Es, Did you find out about the pain management, it is probably a good thing to do while you continue to heal. I hope we can get going together and click with WW. I am waiting until after Labor Day when we move Greg to the college.

Zoe and Jen, keep up the good work on WW any setbacks are probably just temporary water weight. But you two are doing fabulously on the path to success.:bravo:

By the way, Greg did great healing from the wisdom teeth ordeal. Within 3 days he and his friends were back at work on a comedy/horror movie. They are using borrowed equipment from the local cable TV company. He is so busy working with them that I have to keep pulling him back to get ready for the move to school this weekend.
I had one job interview, but was not selected, I still have 2 small contracts with clients so I am working 2 to 3 days a week. In the meantime Mike is waiting for Greg to go off to college before he begins job hunting. Am I nervous? Yes! But Mike has to do it his way.

Hello to anyone I missed,
Hugs to all,
:grouphug:
Sandy

Sandy,
I am so glad Greg has gotten over the Wisdom extraction. How does it feel him going to school? I wish Mike all the luck with the job hunting.
It is so sad to watch all the tragedy in the south. It seems surreal. It is so close to me but seems so far away. I cannot even imagine what they are all going through. And to think New Orleans seemed ok and all the attention was on Mississippi and then BAM. Watching people look for their houses, family and friends is heart wrenching.
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))
Terri

dpadro
09-02-2005, 11:38 AM
:lol: Good morning my buddies :wave:

Yes, its really sad and to me unimagineable what has happened in New Orleans. The stories are heartbreaking. :( I pray that things get better for those poor people sooner rather than later. I've also been thinking about Terri (glad you guys are okay) and Ruth - Ruth lives is Louisianna! I know it's not in New Orleans, but I don't know how far she is from there. I hope she and her family are okay.

Jen & Sandy - thanks for the congrats for Alana going right on to Grad School. She has wanted to be a teacher since she was about 3 years old and lining up her dolls and stuffed animals and teaching them with her blackboard and chalk :lol: Amazingly, she still has the same dream so she is going for her master's in Early Childhood Education. She wants to teach like 1st graders. She already has a job at the college also, so its working out well for her. She and Casey have been talking about marriage - they will celebrate 3 years of being together this month :yikes: We like him alot, but I think they argue too much. He is going to be a lawyer, so I guess arguing will come in handy for him :dizzy: We'll see what happens.

Hi Es, mi amiga - How are you doing - did you start the pain managment yet?
You will hear the click one of these days, don't worry. You never give up and that will pay off for you one day.

Willie and I went off all my ourselves last weekend to a cabin upstate NY. It was great - we did nothing but relax. We went to dinner in nice restaurants, went to the movies when it rained - we saw the Wedding Crashers - very funny :lol: It was great to get away by ourselves for a change - you need that every once in a while.

Hi ZoeGirl, Ruth (hope you're okay) - come in and say hi.

Hi to everyone else too! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
Sounds like you needed the rest. Glad you got some and I hope you are feeling better. That is too cute about Alana. Brittany has always wanted to be a teacher too. Nothing better than a good teacher. Too many are not.
I wish more focus was on the good ones. My fantasy is to teach in the same school as Brittany. That'd be cool.

I hope Ruth is ok. If you are out there let us know.

Luv y'all,
Terri

Rios426
09-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Hi Girls,

Glad to hear most of you are OK. :grouphug: Hope we hear from Ruth.

Terri, I thought of you right away. I was so happy to hear you only got high winds. Britt is such a good girl. How's the job coming along?

Mi amiga, your getaway sounded relaxing. We need that every now & then. I can't believe Alana has been with Casey 3 years! At least you like him. I don't know about the arguing but then again you can't tell them what to do right?

Sandy, I rejoined WW yesterday. I'll be going to the Friday 5:15 meetings. Let's see if I hear "the click". :crossed: I'm glad Greg didn't have too much pain. When David got his pulled he was pretty much out of it for a day 1/2.

Jen, pool season is almost over. I love the Fall. They have all the halloween decorations in the stores.

So sad about that horrific hurricane. I cry everyday for the survivors. They lost everything.:cry:

I have a busy day ahead of me. Be backl later or if not, tomorrow.:wave:

Have a nice day my friends.

Hugs!

Jenny523
09-03-2005, 10:34 PM
It's hard to believe that the scenes we're seeing are taking place in the United States. I can only hope that things improve for the many victims.

Today we went to Frankfort, Illinois (about 1.5 hours away) for a craft sale that Iliana told us about.....it was incredibly huge! More than 300 exhibitors, it claims to be the biggest in the Midwest. We had a beautifully sunny day....picked up a few cute items. We've already agreed that we'll go to it again next year. The guys were very good sports...in spite of the fact that they weren't into it like we were. :lol:

I spoke to my sister Kathie; she had her 2nd chemo treatment yesterday. She has had no nausea/vomiting! After her first treatment, she was sick for 4 days. I'm thrilled that she had an easy time of it.

Es,
Good for you, for joining! I know you can do it. Stay positive, focused, and you will succeed.

On that note, this is a weekend from **** in terms of counting points. Then next weekend we're going to Michigan for a Wine & Heritage Festival. :rolleyes: Can we say even more points? :eek: But that's ok, I'll keep on plugging.

HI :wave: to everyone
~Jen

Sandancy
09-04-2005, 08:15 AM
Good Morning Buddies,

Today is a big day for us. We are packing up two cars and driving Greg off to college. Yesterday my brother-in-law had his annual Labor Day weekend party one day early so that Greg could be there for his hugs from the family. Mike is one of 7 kids so we had quite a bash yesterday.

My side of the family is going through a few scary moments lately. One of my brothers was hit by a car when a woman was driving and applying makeup at the same time. She drifted across the yellow line, hit an oncoming car on the bumper, spun and hit my brother's car broadside. Luckily she hit the rear driver side door and not my brother directly. My other brother was stung by a bee and had that anaphylactic reaction while he was alone with his 8 year old twins. They ran to the neighbors and who called 911 so the EMT's could come. Thank God they are both ok. What with the horror of the hurricane I was feeling blessed that we were in a safe place, but life is really always precarious and we can't take our loved ones for granted.

ES, :cheer: for getting started again on WW, I will start this Tuesday after we get into our new routine at home.

Terri, It is hard to send Greg off to school, I am so proud of him and he is really growing up, but he is the baby of the family (only 2 kids, Dave and Greg). It goes by too fast, but I already know that you are good at treasuring your family and enjoy so many special moments.

Hugs to everyone,
TTYL,
Sandy

Sandy,
I am so glad your brothers are ok. :grouphug: on taking Greg to school.
I can only imagine. Brittany is my first.

Jen,
Sounds like you are having fun. Just remember this plan is so we can have fun like this and get right back if we need to. You are doing so well.

Es,
YAY! You can do it girl. Good luck. :goodluck:
Brittany has a date. She is seeing a boy from school in about 30 min.
His name is Aaron. He seems nice. He better be.
Her job is good but they had to cut hours for her school. She hates that.

I just got word that my mom is back in the hospital. She might have had another stroke. They fear that she might have clots by her heart and they can't put her back on Cumadin cause it could be deadly (massive bleedout) but that would be the only way to dissolve the clots. Damned if we do and damned if we don't. We have to wait for tests that they will do on Tuesday. Please keep her in your prayers. She had such a good day yesterday. Laughing and doing her rehab. Now she can't talk. She understands but she can't talk.

Luv y'all,
Terri

Sandancy
09-05-2005, 08:27 AM
Hi Terri,

My heart goes out to you and your mom. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers, I hope so much that she will improve soon.

Jen, I was glad to get an update on your sister Kathy, needless to say she will remain in my prayers too.

Hugs,
Sandy

Jenny523
09-05-2005, 08:42 AM
Sandy,
Sending your baby off to college is a milestone; hope he settles in quickly and that you're adjusting. Thank goodness both of your brothers are okay. Great job by your nieces on getting help for their Dad!

Terri,
Big hugs to you and your Mom, and my prayers that she gets through this without more suffering.
Hard to believe Brittany is working and going to school; I think she was 14 when we met! I'm sure the guy she chose to go out with would be ok, she's always been sensible.

Hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day....rest....relax.....!!!

~Jen

stardust010157
09-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm new to this site in some ways. I've looked at it over the years and it has really come a long way. I just 'married off' my oldest daughter who is 22 and have a 13 yo daughter at home. I was married 24 years and have been divorced for 2 years. I lost 40 pounds a couple of years ago on WW and have been able to keep it off, now I'm ready for the next 50 to come off. I am very sorry for those of you who lived in the storm ravaged area. Everyone have a great week!

Jenny523
09-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone,

Terri,
How's your Mom? I have been thinking of you all and praying for her.

Es,
Will you be weighing in on Saturdays? That's my favorite day/meeting/time. How's your first week going? I've been struggling, but am not giving up. Just a minor setback. My SIL lost another 3 pounds..she's at 61 total! :cp: I'm so happy for her success, she deserves it.

Stardust,
Welcome! Hope you find this a nice place to visit, and get to know the girls...they're a wonderful group.

Sandy,
Are you and Mike enjoying being empty-nesters? of is Dave at home? I think he was? When Joey moved out I was devastated, but am used to it now, and love it!

Dianne,
How's everything? You must be busy with the start of the new school year.

It looks as though we've got a couple of girls MIA....Ruth, Zoe, Leeann, LJ.....stop in and say HI :wave:

I went shopping for some slacks and jeans today. In jeans, the 22's were too big, the 20's too short (in petite) and the 20's too long (in regular length) :shrug: it looks as tho it's not time for me to shop for jeans yet :lol: As far as dress slacks for work go, I've got to do some searching. I tried on 20's that were too big...yes!!!!! and couldn't find a style I liked. It's been quite a while since I could be picky and chose pants that fit WELL, rather than just feeling lucky they fit.

One more day of work, then we're off for the long weekend...can't wait!

Hi to everyone,
~Jen

Sandancy
09-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Hi Buddies, :wave:

Terri, Let us know how your mom is, when we don't hear from you for a stretch I get worried. I will keep your mom and your family in my prayers.

Welcome Stardust,nice to meet you. I think WW is the best way to go, congrats on keeping off your 40 lb loss and being ready for the next phase. This is a very friendly corner of 3FC with lots of support. I think Fall is a great time to get started on new endeavors so drop in again soon and let's get to know each other.

I am Sandy, married for almost 29 years. I have 2 sons, Dave(24) and Greg(18). Dave has finished college and is back living here temporarily, and Greg is off to college for his first year. I work part time doing data base design. My DH, Mike, was laid off this summer after 20 years with the same company. We are really going through some changes, but thank God we are all healthy. I love WW, but have not been consistent. Currently I am down 20 lbs from my highest weight with 56 to go. I rejoined on Tuesday morning and feel like I am ready to do this now!

Jen, It really is great to see you moving along with WW, I do repeat myself, but it is positively inspiring! Don't worry about the minor setbacks, persistance over the long haul will work. I loved hearing your enthusiasm about the size changes. I hope you find some clothes you like to wear for the meantime.
We are all missing Greg, but we are so happy for him starting school. Mike and Dave are both sort of quiet guys, and so dinners are a lot less lively without our actor. I had an Instant Message chat with him last night. He seems like he is really settling in well, just had his first classes yesterday. He bought a bike to get around on the campus since it is so large.

Es, How is your first week back? I started this week too, and I tried a new day to see if hearing a new WW leader would help me with my "click"

Hi Dianne, and Zoe, and everyone I missed.

stardust010157
09-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Good Morning everyone! My real name is Kathy and I have 2 beautiful daughters. Jennifer is 22 and was just married on Aug 27th. (What a job!!! Talk about stress eating...I did it in style!) Brooke is my youngest and is almost 13 going on 18. I was married for 24 years...but now divorced, I couldn't quire handle a two woman man. Anyway, That was in 2001 and things are great now! I am dating a wonderful Christian man, Glenn who supports me in this endeavor. WW has always been the most practical weight management program for me. Thanks Jenn and Sandy for the messages. I haven't rejoined WW yet, I work for a hospital lab maintaining their computer systems and I am hoping that they will start the WW at work program. I talked to hour HR director and she thought that we could. I know I can do this, I just need the support from others who are reading from the same book. Everyone have a fantastic day! Oh, yes, Jenn...I have found that Dockers and St. Johns Bay fit me pretty well, you just have to iron them :( In jeans, I think I've been buying Gloria Vanderbelt with spandex and I really like them.

Kathy,
Hi. I am Terri. I am married 23 years to Bruce and we have 3 kids. Brittany (19), Brandon (14) and Bradley (12). I lost 60 pounds 3 years ago. I am a lifetimer at WW. I love the program. I know I will be on it for life. I am playing with the same few pounds. One of these days I may go to 125. I am 5'2". Losing that weight is great and kudos for keeping it off. Now we can support6 you while you get the rest off.
Tell us about the wedding. Jen has her son's next year. Right Jen?
So exciting.

Sandy and Jen,
Thank you for your sweet words. My mom has 75% of her carotid arteries blocked and there is a mass of liquid on the side of her neck.
Her heart went into afib and because the Neurologist back home took her off coumadin she develped clots in her heart. Now they put her back on Coumadin to disolve the clots. It is a mess. Because of the latest stroke she acts impulsively (like trying to get out of bed when not allowed). The Dr. said it is a side effect of the stroke and it should stop with rehab.

Sandy,
HUGS for taking your baby to college. How far away is it from you?

Jen,
That is great about your pants. It is starting. Feels great huh?
I loved when I ditched elastic waistbands. That was a big milestone.
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Bradley just went back to school today. He had an inner and outer ear
infection. He was hurting for 2 days. Brittany is going to see a new gynechologist to see if she has PCOS. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Has anyone heard of it?
It entails increased weight in the middle and hard to lose (She has little fat there but when she does gain weight this is where it goes), facial hair (she gets a good amount of hair under her chin that she has to wax all the time), painful periods and unpredictable. She never knows when she will have one. Also it is harder for PCOS girls to get pregnant. Also it is harder for them to get rid of acne with this. I took her to a dermatologist who suspects she has this. Her acne isn't bad but it won't go away. They usually have cysts on the ovaries so she has to get an internal sonogram. Remember when she had a tumor on her ovary when she was 15? Thank God it was benign.
What a year. :dizzy:

Hope everyone is doing ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv ya,
Terri

stardust010157
09-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Hi Terri, just wrote you a lenghty note and lost it. :( Congrats on your weight loss, I've not seen 139 in a very, very long time. I will be happy to get down to 175, then we'll see what's next. I am sorry about your mom. It's pretty hard to see your parents failling in health. The wedding was beautiful...lots of hard work, but beautiful. We did everything ourselves. We rented columns and candle trees from a local wedding store and decorated everything. I thought we did a good job in getting what my daughter wanted. Simple and elegant were her words. They are home from Jamaica and back to reality. Thanks for the email, I'm inspired! kathy

Kathy,
What a thoughtful daughter. We went to wedding this summer and they did it the same way. They all made everything and it was beautiful.
I also am inspired by you in keeping all the pounds that you lost off. Maintaining is hard. Congrats!
Terri

stardust010157
09-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Hi, I've been looking around the site and haven't run into a list of foods and their points value. Is there one here? Have any of yall tried the fake potatoes that are made with cauliflower? I tried the ones at Ruby Tuesday, I'm going to try and make some minus all the butter and sour cream.

Jenny523
09-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Terri,
I know how difficult it must be to be away from your Mom during this. It sounds as though she is a bit feisty due to her condition, God bless her. Coumadin can be a miracle drug for many people. Hang in there.
I didn't realize you are 5'2" ! Both of the women in my office are that height, and wear heels every day. One Saturday Doris wore gyms, I couldn't make eye contact with her :lol: and I'm only 5'5" !!!

Stardust,
Sounds as though the wedding was beautiful. Congrats!
We had our daughter's wedding at home back in 1999...she chose a luau theme, which, thankfully, was put together tastefully. My son will be married on May 28, 2006.
Very succinct description of your ex (two woman man) and good for you for being strong and going out on your own.
Thanks for the info on the pants; have lots of shopping to do!
Don't know if there's a points list on this site. Perhaps Dottie's has one? (dwlz.com)

Well, have to fess up...after missing last week's weighin, and feeling like a :ink: I weighed in today to have only a gain of .8!!!! Granted, that's two weighins in a row with the same gain, which comes to a gain of 1.6.....but that's ok. After this weekend, I'm back with a vengeance, baby, watch out!

HI :wave: to all.
We leave tomorrow morning, can't wait!

luv,
~Jen

stardust010157
09-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi Yall! I made something pretty decent last night. I wanted to try some mashed cauliflower, but I did't cook it long enough and didn't want to get my mixer out. Instead, I started mashing it with a fork and go it to the consistency of rice, added some salt, pepper, ICBINB spray, and 2 tbs or fat free cream cheese. Not bad. I had that with a pan broilled chicken breast and some pinto beans (canned), the juice from those was almost like gravy. MMM MMM Have a fantastic weekend!

dpadro
09-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Hello my buds:

Jen - Where are ya going???? I must have missed something. Congrats on going down in sizes, doesn't that feel wonderful? You will be lookin' mighty good for Joey & Iliana's wedding, my friend! Don't worry about the 1.6 - you'll lose that soon enough. You are doing fantastic.

Terri - So sorry to hear about your mom - it must be difficult being so far away from her, but I remember you saying your sister (I think) lives nearby? I hope things get better for her. And Britts too - my gosh, she's having a rough time, poor baby. Hope she doesn't have that PCOS - I never heard of it.

Kathy - WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME and congrats on the weight you've lost and the weight to come off in the near future. Your daughter's wedding sounds beautiful.

Es, mi amiga, Como estas? Congrats on going back to ww :bravo: You'll hear that click soon enough. How are Pete and Dave?

Has anyone heard from Ruth?
I know she doesn't live in NO, but does live in Louisiana. I hope she is far enough away from there. Those poor people!

Sandy - Congrats to Greg on going to college - I know you'll miss him, but take it from me, you will get used to it. Then when he comes home, you'll be thinking "when does he have to go back?" :lol: Is he in another state?

ZoeGirl - where are you? Hope you're doing well.

I am waiting to re-hear that click :lol: I keep telling myself I've got to get back on track, but I'm NOT listening to myself :o I will, though, soon. Now that the whole summer/barbecue thing is over, I should be getting back to walking and tracking again. I haven't been to a meeting in so long, ww is sending me special promotions for their lifetime members - that's not a good sign :devil: I WILL DO IT!!!

Well, gotta get back to work - I'm hoping not to leave too late tonight - Willie and I are taking "the Jessa" to get a bicycle - she's thrilled! There's a pink barbie one and a purple disney princess one. She lovesssssssss the color pink, but I'm trying to get her to get the purple one, I'm so sick of Barbie :lol: But of course its her choice. She's such a cutie - OMG, I love her too much :p ;)

I'll talk to you's tomorrow. Hi to anyone I've missed :wave:

Hugs,
Dianne

Rios426
09-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi Girls:wave:

Welcome to our group Kathy. Congrats on your 40 lb. loss. :cp: My name is Essie. I've been married 25 years, well almost 25. My anniversary is Dec. 24th. I'm 51 yrs. young. :D I have a son David & 2 dogs which are my babies. I've been on WW on & off since the 80's. I want to lose 30 lbs. I think you're going to like it here. We talk about everything.

Mi amiga, this is a good time to get back on track. I struggled my 1st week but what else is new. :rolleyes: The Jessa sounds too cute.

Jen, 1.6 is not bad. You're doing great. :bravo: I hate shopping for clothes. Even when I was thinner I couldn't wait to get what I had to get, in & out. I know you're on :cloud9: I'm going to WI on Sunday. I'm not looking forward to it but I'll go. :(

Terri, so sorry about your Mom. She's in my prayers.:angel:

Sandy, I'm sure you miss Greg alot. We would be lost without computers. At least you can chat. :comp: Congrats on rejoining!

My friends, I'll be back tomorrow. I'm pooped. :yawn:

Luv u's
Es

Zoe
09-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Good morning y'all ~

I have been reading all the posts from the last week and wow, there's a bunch! I won't comment on anything until later, other than I am prayerfully thankful that anyone affected by Katrina is okay and that your families are well. I horrible event that still has my head reeling. I just cannot fathom it. Hope everyone is accounted for and well.

Kathy ~ Welcome to our group. You will love it here and soon, you'll see that I tend to miss a week or 2 here and there. :lol: :lol: I get "side-tracked". I will 'chat' more with you later I'm sure

I went to WW this morning and lost 1/2 lb. Not bad for having Jenna and Jimi from Tampa for the 4 day holiday and eating my way through it. :rolleyes: But anyway, I'm now down 26.3 and plan on hitting "30" lbs lost by 10/1, my next mini goal.

Sorry to have to run but we are having friends over to swim and BBQ today and I have million things to do around here.

Be safe and I'll talk to you's later (and repsond to all your posts)

Love,
Me <><

Rios426
09-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Hi:wave:

Zoe, you are one busy little bee. :bravo: on 1/2 lb. Good going. :cp:

I weighed in this morning but I couldn't stay for the meeting. I lost 5.2 :cb: :dance: :dancer:

Just had to share. Have a great day my buddies!

Hugs,
Es

Zoe
09-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Hi you's guys.....I'm back ~ :wave:

Terri ~ My prayers are with your mom. I hope it wasnít another stroke. I know itís difficult for you but if you try to stay strong, she will draw strength from youÖÖÖ.on a better note, Iím happy to hear that you and your family are okay. I know that 70 mph winds can be very scary. I know that from living in Florida on the gulf coast. I hope your friend in Destrehan is okay

Jen ~ Iím glad that Kathie is feeling good and that the chemo didnít drag her down this time. Your line ďcan we say even more pointsĒ made me laugh :lol: The wine festival sounds wonderful. I had one of those weekends last week when Jenna and Jimi came to visit for the long weekend. I missed WW that Saturday with them here and then ate my way through the long weekend. I went to weigh today and surprisingly, lost Ĺ lb! Amazing! Congrats on the old sizes being too big!! Woo Hoo!! :D Donít worry about that small gain. Just the fact that you went, you weighed and you're back on track is all that matters.

Sandy ~ Wow, you sure have had a few scary moments. Iím glad that everyone is okay though. You know, I see women all the time, applying makeup on the highway while driving in the morning. Crazy! Iíll tell you though, the phone use can be quite danergous too although there are times I do it too. :blush: Iím glad to hear the Gregís mouth got to feeling better so quickly. I hate the dentist!
Hope it wasnít too sad to drive him off to college.

Dianne ~ Iím glad the Willieís 60th was a success. Hope your feeling better. How wonderful for Alana and school. You know, since sheís had this dream since 3 yrs old, Iíll bet sheíll be the best teacher there could be. When itís in the heart and the job is done from that heart, it makes all the difference. Good luck to her. Oh and another few click, click, clickís for ya my friend! :D

Ruth ~ Hope you and your family are well and that you didnít get hit much, (hopefully not at all) by Katrina

Es ~ WOW, WOW, WOW!!! You go Girl!! What a fabulous loss you had!! Keep up the great work! You mentioned about pool season being almost over. How is the weather up there now? Itís still in the 90ís here and as a matter of fact, as I type, we are waiting for friends to come over to swim and BBQ.

Kathy ~ Welcome again. Iím Zoe. My real name is Patti but the few times I used it here, Zoe just sticks. Patti is not very well known here. :lol: A little about me: Iím a Jesus Freak who is married 26 yrs and live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas. Iím originally a ďJersey GirlĒ, transplanted here via Florida. I have 2 children: Jenna, (her name is Jennifer too but weíve called her Jenna since my son gave her that name when he first started to talk and couldnít say Jennifer) who is pregnant with my FIRST grandchild, lives in Tampa. Her and Jimi just visited here last weekend. Then there is Christian who is 25, going on 14. :rolleyes: He lives at home. I have done WW so many times but 3 yrs ago, I joined and actually DID the program! I lost 43.8 lbs and then, was only 2 or 3 lbs from goal and something went awry and I gained all of it plus another .4 for good measure. I struggled the last year or so to get back on track and Iím happy to say that as of my weigh in this morning, I am back down 26.3, on my way back. I know you're going to love it here with us. :D

Oh my gosh, I almost forgot, IT'S A GIRL!!!

have a great rest of your weekend,

Love,
Me <><

Jenny523
09-12-2005, 08:44 AM
Hi :wave: We're back from wine country in Michigan :cheers: and what a good long weekend it was!

Es,
:cp: WHOOO EEEE!!!! :cb: :dancer: Awesome job, you're doing great with that loss! I know you worked hard at it, and am happy for you.

Zoe,
:angel: Congrats on your new granddaughter!!! :angel: Hope Mom is doing okay...and baby too. We need details...her name? What a wonderfully blessed event for your family.

I've got tons to do today, unpacking, etc. Am very glad I took today off to catch up. Will be back later.

~Jen

dpadro
09-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Good morning guys:

Es, mi amiga :bravo: what a great loss you had - I'm so happy for you :dance: :cloud9: Great job!

ZoeGirl: Congrats on your new granddaughter :cheers: How wonderful for you! How are baby and mommy doing? Did you say Jenna came to Texas - did she have the baby there? What's the baby's name, weight, etc. Congrats to all of you! :bb: :woo:

Jen - Sounds like you had a great weekend. Good for you taking today off, I always do that when I come back from a vacation, you just need the time to settle - do laundry, etc.

Willie's son Darren and our grandson Michael are going to New Orleans with members of the church. They leave this Wednesday and come back next Wednesday. The pastor told everyone the most he could promise them would be bottle water and food. Other than that, they will be roughing it. They'll sleep in sleeping bags and no showers. He told them to bring lots of bug spray, and deodorant (and not to sleep too close to him :lol: ). Anyway, we're all a little nervous about them going, but glad that Darren will be there for Michael, who's only 17. We're also extremely proud of them - I know this will be a life-changing experience for them.

Well, I gotta go. Hope everyone has a great Monday. Hi to Terri, Sandy, Ruthie (hope you are okay), and Kathy.

Hugs,
Dianne

Sandancy
09-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Hi Ladies,:wave:

Zoe, congrats on the new baby :cloud9:. We would love hear all the details as soon as you can break away from Jenna and her little miracle.:bb:

Es, :woo: 5.2 lbs. That is a fantastic beginning. I bet you were meticulous about following the program :high:. I will weigh in tomorrow, I was pretty good, but not perfect as we went out to the North End of Boston for Italian food on Saturday night, and I indulged, but judiciously.

Terri, it seems as if you have a lot of concerns on your plate at the moment. I hope Britt is ok and that the PCOS or whatever it that is ailing her can be treated without much difficulty. One of the kids in the drama program at the high school has PCOS and had some frustations to cope with but was doing fine. I will still be keeping your mom in my thoughts and prayers. I spent a day with my mom last week, and appreciated her companionship so much as I thought about what your mom is going through right now.

Jen, That sounds like such a fun weekend, sometimes those short getaways are as refreshing as a whole vacation. Did you bring back any wine? Now that Greg is off to school, Mike and I are thinking of the potential of what we can do on our own. Just wandering around Boston all evening on Saturday was a big treat. We did a lot of walking, ate dinner out, went to a comedy improv show, and then had coffee and dessert. We also went to the Quincy Market area where all the bars are and realized we were pretty much the oldest people there. But it is so much fun to people watch together. I think our big trips will have to wait until Mike gets a new job.

Dianne, That is really remarkable, admirable, brave, etc. that Michael and Darren are going to help with some of the recovery work in the gulf area. I feel as if I think about it constantly. We had a huge fundraiser at our church last night for relief from the floods, it was mostly geared toward economic and human rights help. I am waiting to hear how much we raised.

Kathy, Belated congrats on your daughter's wedding, it sounds like it was a very special and personal event with all the planning. I hope you do get WW at work, the weekly meetings and sharing support makes a big difference for me. I like the idea of sharing what we enjoy eating that is on program. When I have time, I sometimes like to post a journal thread.

I actually spoke with Greg on the phone last night, he sounded so happy, I think he is making a really quick adjustment to college life. He is only about 90 miles away, so it would be feasible to take him out for lunch if we needed a visit. He wants to come back the weekend of Sep 24th as that is his girl friend's birthday.

I guess I should get back to work, I am working from home today, and not really focused yet.

Luv ya's, :grouphug:
Sandy

Zoe,
Did Jenna find out it was a girl or did she actually deliver? Either way it is exciting.

Sandy,
It is always good to hear from our loved ones. Glad he is doing well.

Dianne,
That is great that Willie's son and your grandson are going down. Bruce is going to Mississippi on a 5 day rotation. His work all volunteered.

Jen,
Glad you had a great time in Michigan. Sounds like fun.

Es,
CONGRATS on the weight loss. That is wonderful. I know you can do it. :dancer: :ebike: :woo: :encore: :cheer: :strong:

My mom is home now and my sister is waiting for another stroke. I can't stand waiting to hear the phone ring. When it rings and I hear my BIL I get scared. She has to get her carotid arteries cleaned out as soon as the clots in her heart go away from the coumadin. I know my mom wants me down her with the grandkids. She feels better knowing I am here with them. She is a worrier. lol
Well, gotta go pick up the kids. TTYL,
Terri

Zoe
09-13-2005, 06:49 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sitting here reading and laughing cuz I guess I could have been more explanatorial (is that a word??) after my "it's a girl" statement, everyone is wondering why I didn't give more details.......but Terri, you got it. We just found out that it's going to be a girl. Sorry for the confusion.

Her name will be Rylea Alexis. And don't worry, when she gets here, I'll be exploding it all over these pages.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for all the wondering though..........

talk to you's guys later
Me <><

Jenny523
09-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Zoe,
:lol: I'm laughing too...as I read Terri's post, it made perfect sense as to why you weren't giving us the details! Very pretty name; when is she due? I've forgotten. Now you can being shopping for girlie things!

Terri,
Waiting is the hardest. Feeling as though you're torn between being with your family or going to your Mom can be very stressful. Hang in there and know that you're doing the right thing. When will you find out about PCOS? And how is Brittany doing? If I'm not mistaken, I thought there was a PCOS thread on this site.

Sandy,
Yes, we brought back almost 5 cases of wine :o It was fun to travel the country roads among the vineyards and visit the different wineries. Next time we go, we'll do so in October to see the autumn colors; Michigan is a pretty state. Glad to hear that Greg has settled in; you're close enough to not have to worry. Enjoy your newfound freedom with Mike!

Dianne,
What a great thing that the guys are going down to help the Katrina victims. It won't be easy, but promises to be extremely rewarding. Good for them!

Es,
How's it going? I had a very challenging weekend, but sometimes life gets in the way (@ Dianne) and I got back on track today. Hope you're enjoying being back to WW. I am always amazed at how good I feel when I'm eating correctly.

take care,
~Jen

Zoe,
That is what I thought. I was thinking you just found out. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Jen,
Yes, I think there is a PCOS site. I will look and let her see. We did all the blood tests and then next week is the internal sonogram and then we will see.

Oh Jen the vineyards sound wonderful. I know Ohio is beautiful in the Autumn. We will see in Virginia.

Luv ya,
Terri

Sandancy
09-14-2005, 08:10 AM
:dancer:

Good Morning Friends,

I am back on track again. I was at WW yesterday and weighed in with a loss of 3.4 lbs.

Zoe, You mean we all have to wait still? Very exciting news though and a very pretty name too.

Jen, 5 cases, that should last a bit, or are you inviting us all to a big bash? ;) : What types of wine do you like?:cheers:

Hi Es, Terri, Dianne, Kathy and our MIA's. I have to head into Boston to work, so catch you all later.

Sandy

dpadro
09-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Hi guys :wave:

ZoeGirl - I should have known when you said "oh, I almost forgot, its a girl" and then didn't say anything else :lol: When you go out, as I know you will, to buy some girly things, throw some lavendar and mint green in with the pink :D Great name!

Jen - 5 cases of wine???!! I'm with Sandy, I think you should invite us over for a fab 40's & fit 50's wine tasting extravanganza (whoa, big word alert) :p :devil:

Sandy - Congrats on the 3.4 lbs. loss :bravo: Great job :cheers: I better get back on track or y'all (that's for Terri & ZoeGirl :lol: ) will be leaving me in the weight loss dust ;)

Es, amiga - how's it going? Is this your 2nd or 3rd week back on track? How are you doing?

Terri - Sorry to hear about your mom's continuing health problems. You must be a nervous wreck every time the phone rings. Hope things get better soon for your mom and Britts.

Hi Kathy & Ruthie, how are you guys?

Well, Darren and Michael left at 6:00 a.m. today with the pastor and other members of the church. However, I thought they were going to New Orleans, but it turns out their group is going to Biloxi, Miss. In a way, I'm kind of glad - even though Biloxi was hit hard by Katrina as well, everytime I think of New Orleans, I think of bodies floating, etc. I know that sounds horrible, but I guess its just always at the back of everyone's mind. I can't imagine how horrible it is in reality. Anyway, I'm glad that Darren is going so he can look out for Michael. He's only 17 and I think he will get more out of this experience than even Darren. He's so used to having nice clothes, going to fast food places at the drop of a hat, clean water, etc., that I think this will teach him that not everyone has it that way.

Okay, let me get off my soapbox - hope everyone has a great day. Talk to you's soon.

Dianne

Jenny523
09-16-2005, 07:15 AM
You know you're all welcome to come to Illinois at anytime...I can supply the wine :lol:

Dianne,
I hope Darren and Michael have a safe trip and find the work they're doing worthwhile. It takes special people to do what they're doing.

Terri,
I hope that Mom is okay.

Es,
Do you have weigh in tomorrow? Good luck!

Sandy,
I prefer the dry wines, cabernets and shiraz for reds, and chardonnay for whites. Joe's taste leans towards those a bit sweeter. New York's Finger Lakes region has quite a few wineries. We may plan a trip to Niagara Falls and that region...but not till after Joey's wedding next May :lol: I'd love to take that trip in the fall.

I've having dinner out tonight with the girls from my former job. Joe will drive out to pick up the boys and we'll have them for the weekend. Since school has resumed, everyone's schedule is a bit hectic, which means we haven't seen them in a while.

Tomorrow morning is weigh-in :crossed: for a small gain after the wine weekend!

Have a great weekend,
~Jen

dpadro
09-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Wow Jen - I know you lost 25 lbs. but when you actually see it - the 5 lbs. flowers - it really hits home! You go girl! :bravo: :cheers: I'm so happy for you!

Be back later,

Hugs,
Dianne

Yes Jen. Cool flowers. Congrats. Have fun with the boys.

Sandy,
YAY Great loss. Y'all are doing so well.

Dianne,
Hope everyone is safe.

My sister just found out she has a carotid artery that is 80% blocked. She has to get that taken care of in 2 weeks. We will hire a nurse friend of theirs to watch my mom while my sister is in the hospital. She will be in there overnight. I am going to check mine. What a year.
TTYL,
Terri

Sandancy
09-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Terri, , Yikes on your behalf! Sometimes it seems like just one thing after another. How are your spirits holding up? Will your sister have something like an angioplasty? I am glad that you are going to get checked out too. Take care of yourself. We are all here for you, needless to say.

Dianne, let us know what you hear from the guys and how they are doing. Greg has been to our partner village in Transylvania and he has been exposed to how people live in a remote village with little running water and outhouses and few conveniences. But it sure is eyeopening for all of us to consider the power of Katrina and the aftermath.

Jen I love your visual cue of the happy flowers, it is so great to use lots of little tools to acknowledge our progress and successes.
I also favor the dryer wines. I discovered that I also like Sauvignon Blanc at a wine tasting at a local liquor store that was having a grand opening at a new location. I like Chardonnay and Cabernet too. We went to an apple orchard a few years ago that makes blueberry and apple wines, they claim the dry blueberry wine could be compared to Cabernet. I don't think so!! :nono: :barf:
Have lots of fun with the guys this weekend!

Es, how was your week? I find the second week is a little harder after a good loss. I am doing fairly well back on program, we did have pizza last night and I had to dip into my 35 points significantly, but I only have to make it till Tuesday before I get more. I decided to try flexpoints rather than core this time. I told the Tuesday leader that I enjoy a lot of the core foods, so she called my plan flexicore.

Dave went out to visit friends that are near Greg's school, so he is planning to take Greg out for dinner tonight. We spoke with him today, he likes most of his courses, but not all. I am getting ready to teach Sunday school tomorrow, I will be with the 3 year olds, and so my hands are all blue from making playdough and I am practicing a Raffi song too. :) It should be fun.

Hi Zoe and Kathy, How is your weekend going?

Hugs:grouphug:
Sandy

Jenny523
09-17-2005, 09:50 PM
At today's weigh-in I had a loss of 1.4 :D: which means I'm back where I was. I'm fine with that, and look forward to more progress downward!

Would like to post more, but the boys are here.

Have a great weekend.
luv,
Jen
ps....yep, I stole someone's idea of the visual reminder of how many pounds I've lost. I liek this one so far..don't be suprised if I change it in the future.

Rios426
09-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Hi Girls,

The bad thing about not posting daily is having to catch up.

Jen, I love the flowers:cool: You're doing great. :cp:

Sandy, WOW! 3.4:bravo: The second week was a little harder. I can't believe I'm going into my third week already! I lost 1.4 this week. :dancer:

Terri, prayers are lifted up for your sister. Keep us posted. I'm glad you're getting yours checked out.

Dianne, have you heard from the boys yet?

Sorry this post is so short but Pete is getting ready to leave for work.

Hugs to all:wave:

Jenny523
09-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Es,
good going on the loss! :cp:

~Jen

dpadro
09-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Good morning guys:

Jen & Es - congrats on your 1.4 losses :bravo: Great job, both of you. :cheers:

Terri - You're really having a rough year! I hope things get better soon.

Sandy - So far we've heard from the guys 3 times - they are tired, working 13-14 hrs. days, but they are feeling good about everything and they say they are being treated really well by the agency (FEMA) people there. One of the girls, a friend of my grandaughter Lianne, had a birthday and they actually had a cake for her. Some joy, in all the sadness. They say the people who live there have been really nice and appreciative of everyone's efforts. So far, they have been cleaning up - they cleaned lockers in a high school, trying to get it back in condition for the students. And yesterday, they were cleaning out a warehouse, and putting in generators and fresh food, clothing, etc. They were also going to start going to houses where people didn't evacuate and make sure they have clean water and food. I think they are feeling really rewarded and so blessed by this experience.

Hi ZoeGirl, when is Jenna due again? You probably told us, but I'm having a senior moment. :p

Hi Kathy, how are you doing? Ruthie, come in and let us know you're okay, if you can.

Well, guys, I am starting over today, getting back on track. I know I've probably gained back at least 5 lbs., but that's okay. I'll get back down. I know how to do this and I will just do it ;) You guys are an inspiration to me!

I'll be back tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne

Jenny523
09-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Terri,
I'm sorry I didn't address your post re: your sister. How did they determine the blockage...by an angiogram? And is that what you'll have as a screening? You've got a full plate. Keep your spirits up by being positive and know that there are many prayers being said for your family. Sometimes it seems we're handed more than we can bear, but we find out what we're really made of.

Dianne,
I'm pooped just reading about the relief efforts/work the guys are doing in Biloxi! They're remarkable, and I know the residents appreciate their hard work. That truly could be a life changing experience for them.
Good job on getting back on program :cheer: And I agree, we know what to do, we just have to do it!

Sandy,
How are you doing on flexpoints? I've been paying attention to what the core foods are; I could see trying it for a week. It's pretty much what I eat when I'm having a good week anyhow.

Es,
How goes it? Have you been exercising; how is your wrist? I've got to do something now that the pool is closed.

This humid weather is making the arthritis very painful. Thank goodness we had a drought this summer; now I see why so many people move to Arizona for their arth. I was fine for most of the summer, as it was hot and dry. Today it s*cked...every joint ached, my knees are bad... I felt so old! However, when I consider what other people are going through, I shut up. (except for here, where I have a captive audience! :lol: )

Take care everyone,
luv,
~Jen

Sandancy
09-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:

I was pleasantly surprised today at my weigh-in, I lost 1.6 lbs this week, so I am down 5 in just 2 weeks, only 3.8 more to get my 10%, counting from my original start last winter.:cb:

:high::cheer::high:
Jen and Es, Congrats on your losses this week.
Jen, That arthritis has a nerve acting up again, but as you lose more and continue to strengthen your quads, it will probably not be as bad. In the meantime, use what you need for pain, it is not worth it to tough it out all the time. I have osteoarthritis too, and the less I weigh, the less I long for pain meds.

I am doing well with the points, I was so used to planning core foods, that I stocked up on those, but the treat that I am enjoying is Breyers light blueberry yogurt with fresh blueberries mixed in. On either plan I had to count the yogurt because it is flavored. But now on flexpoints it feels more like a part of my day. I do eat a lot of core foods nowadays, I use whole grains most of the time, oatmeal or Shredded wheat for Breakfast, lots of veggies from the garden. I am not that much of a sandwich person, I like, soup, salads, or stir frys for most of my meals. One of my big issues is portion control, :D I like my own cooking.
I really need to exercise more again, I was counting the gardening, but it really doesn't amount to much this late in the season.

Dianne, Your family will have a lifetime of memories from this experience. I still am awed by their direct action of interrupting their lives to go down to the Gulf to help. I only dream of being able to do that kind of activism. I wonder if it will influence Michael in his choice of career as an adult.

Terri, Thinking of you and yours, how are the kids? Did Bruce go to help already?

Hi Zoe and Kathy, thinking of you too!

Hugs to all,

Jenny523
09-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Sandy,
Whoo hoo!! :cp: Great loss :D You're on the right track. I love your phrase about liking your own cooking :lol: Gardening is really a workout! You'll miss it.

Es,
How's it going? I'm struggling something fierce this week, have been craving carbs like there's no tomorrow. I've been adding more protein to my meals, hoping that may be the cause of the cravings. :shrug:

I'm worried about Zoe and hurricane Rita; isn't she in the Houston area?

HI :wave: to all
~Jen

Sandy,
I am so glad Greg is liking school. It must make you feel good.
The teaching thing sounds like fun. 3 yr. olds are so loveable. Well most of them. :lol: Congrats on the loss. WOW! You are doing so well. Keep it up.
Bruce went down last week. He will go again soon. He has heard from a few friends but not all of them.

Jen,
Congrats. That is awesome. I hope the humidity goes away real soon. Those achy joints can be so annoying. How are the boys?

Es,
Great job too. You are all doing so well. How are the babies?

Dianne,
You must be sooooo proud. How rewarding.

My sister goes in for a catheterization Friday and then they will put the stent it shortly after. They are going to get a nurse friend of theirs to watch my mom while she is getting it done. My mom goes for a consult next Thurs. They will then decide what to do about her arteries.
I stayed the same this week. I am going to try to get down the rest of the way. I am ready. I am a good maintainer. Now to go back down. Will take a couple weeks to get used to again.

Luv y'all,
Terri

Rios426
09-24-2005, 08:26 PM
Hi Guys:wave:

I miss being here. I've been so tired after work that I'm hardly online.

Terri, I pray that your sister will be fine. How old is she? I know it must be very hard to maintain but you have the willpower. ;)

Jen, I messed up this week. I'm back on track (tomorrow). Stress!!!! :stress: at work so I was picking more than usual. You'll be fine. You've been doing great. :bravo: My wrist is much better. I haven't been exercising but I'm planning to go back to Curves next week. They had me on hold till October.

Sandy, I never tried Core. What I like about Core is that there's no journaling. Congrats on your loss. :D :cp: Keep it up & you'll get your 10% key chain soon.

Mi Amiga, for some reason I couldn't open the pictures. I only got to see 1 & that was the one with Willie, Jessa & her sister. They are adorable.

Well my friends, I'll try & stop in more often.

Hi Zoe, Janie & Kathy.

Hugs to all.:grouphug:
Es

Jenny523
09-25-2005, 07:21 AM
Hi everyone,
Well, I did have a gain of 1.4 which is exactly what I lost last week, so it's a wash. And now it's back to journalling, plenty of water and fresh fruits and veggies...all of which are the miracle combination for me in order to have a loss.

Terri,
Hope all goes well with your sister, and your Mom. To maintain all this time is great, congrats!

Es,
Take care of yourself, stress is dangerous. Glad to hear your wrist is better. This will be a good week :D

Brandon's 10th birthday is Tuesday; we're having our kids over today to celebrate.

have a great week,
~Jen

Sandancy
09-27-2005, 10:28 AM
Hi Buddies:wave: It is so quiet here, I hope everyone is busy and well.

Jen, I can tell that you are not too concerned about your gain because you know what to do.
Happy Birthday Brandon :balloons: :hb:

I am rushing off to a Red Sox game, Mike's sister gave us her tickets because of the rain out last night. I should be at WW this morning, but it will have to wait until later this week.

I will try to drop back in tonight,
:grouphug: to all,
Sandy

dpadro
09-27-2005, 02:21 PM
:hb: to Brandon :balloons: :gift: Jen!

Congrats Sandy on your loss :bravo:

Hi everyone else - can't stay - the university is celebrating its sesquesentennial (150 years), convocation and the Inuguration of our new president - so you know I'm going crazy here. Miss you guys,

Hugs,
Dianne

Jenny523
10-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Wow, it certainly is quiet in here!

The last couple of weeks have been a roller coaster for me in terms of eating...I reached the "ok, I'm done with this, don't want to do it anymore" stage, and for the first time ever I did not quit...which is a big victory for me. This morning I had a 2.2 lb. loss. I've been battling the same 4 pounds, up and down for a couple of weeks now, but the final total so far is 26.6 lost. I even came home from my meeting this morning and this couch potato took a walk!
WW gives out a 16 week charm, did you know that? In spite of this being probably the 11th or 12th time I've joined, it's the longest I've stayed with it.
Don't get me wrong, I have a long journey ahead of me, but I'm happy :cb:

Hard to believe it's October already; this weekend is the 1 year anniversary of Jackie's death (Iliana's daughter).

A big HELLO to everyone....stop in and say Hi! :wave:
~Jen

Sandancy
10-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Jen, you are right it is too quiet here!

Woohoo! on your 2.2 loss this week. And a great big :cheer: for you for sticking with the program despite life getting in the way, I think we all have been around that block a few times now that we are in the fab 50's . We know those stumbling blocks will keep appearing along with the take flight moments of life. I hope you and yours are all doing well this week despite the sadness with the anniversary of Jackie's passing.

I am having my own struggles with the WW program lately. I think it has to do with having too much time on my hands right now. I am between projects and at home most of the time. Mike really has not started a job search yet, which makes me nervous, although he has severance pay for a long time yet. I find myself slowing down too much since many days he does not get up until 9 or after. Since we are together all day I end up cooking more of his favorites. This week I am trying to impose a new schedule on myself which includes more exercise and journalling.

I miss hearing from everyone. Dianne, Es, Terri, Zoe let us know what's doing.

Rios426
10-04-2005, 05:27 AM
Hi,

I lost my Susie yesterday morning. She died in my arms. I'm in really bad shape right now but as soon as I'm feeling up to it I will post.

Love u all
Es

Jenny523
10-04-2005, 06:33 AM
Oh, Es, I'm so sorry. Susie was a special little pup, who loved you dearly. What better place than in your arms. A big hug for you :grouphug:
love,
Jen

dpadro
10-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Es, mi amiga, I'm so sorry about susie. I know how much you love her. My thoughts are with you.

Hugs,
Dianne

Sandancy
10-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Es, I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved and loving little Susie. I hope that you will keep many happy memories of her life in your heart and share some of those memories with us.

Big Hugs,
Sandy

ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so sorry about your Suzie. I just read this. Brittany and I are crying with you. If there is anything we can do please let us know.
I know exactly how you feel and my heart hurts for you.
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
I wrote that post for Bucky when he died at petloss.com and it helped a lot.
I would hug you so tight if I were there. ((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))).
Luv ya,
Terri

Es,
My sister is 50 this year. She will be having the surgery on the 19th.
I just noticed the image on your post. :( So precious. Give that Sammy a hug from us.

Jen,
10 years already? WOW!!!!! Hope it was a fub time. I am sure it was. Tell him happy birthday for me. :hb:
Congrats on the loss. Keep it up. I cannot believe that Jackie died a year ago already. So sad.

Sandy,
Wow, Red Sox and White Sox. Good luck tomorrow.
Great plan Sandy. It is hard if there is someone else with you most of the time and you cook for them. Keep up your determination.

Dianne,
You sound busy. Hope you can relax soon.

We are on Fall break next week. Bruce, the boys and I are leaving for Williamsburg, Va. on Sat. Britts has midterms and work so she will watch the
pets. I am nervous leaving her. Never did it before. She is 19 and she is having a friend over part of the time to stay with her. I also worry about my mom. Will I ever relax again. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

TTYL,
Terri

p.s.
HUGS ES! Suzie was so lucky to have you guys as family.

Jenny523
10-08-2005, 07:59 AM
This morning I attended the 6 a.m. WW meeting, a great way to start a Saturday :lol: Had a maintain..my weight stayed exactly the same as last week. It's been a bit difficult to stay motivated and on program, and certainly showed on the scale. I'm facing this with a new resolve and will post a loss next Saturday!

Es,
I hope you're okay, have been thinking of you.

Sandy,
Sorry about the Red Sox. Can't say I'm a White Sox fan even tho I'm from Chicago.

Terri,
Enjoy your trip. Britts will be fine! The first time leaving one of them alone is the hardest.

Hope you all have a great weekend. :wave: HI to Dianne, Zoe and everyone else.
~Jen

Rios426
10-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Hii Girls,

Sorry I haven't been here as often as I should. WW? What WW? Haven't been able to plan, haven't journaled. I was doing so well till this happened. I'm leaving for Florida this Friday.

Jen, the earliest meetings we have here are at 7:AM. A maintain is better than a gain. ;)

Terri, Britt is such a good girl. She will be fine. Your sister will be in my prayers. :angel: Thanks for the big hug. I needed it.

Hi Amiga, Sandy, Zoe & the rest of the gang.

Luv u's
Es

Jenny523
10-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Es,
You're not following WW? So what???!!! :shrug: Life is much more than just what we weigh....please remember that we've gone beyond dieting, and are now friends, you can't get rid of me :grouphug:
Your trip to Florida came up so quickly! I was surprised to hear you're leaving this week. Hope you have a wonderful time :beach: and that you get to soak up some sun. Who are you visiting again? I've forgotten, sorry!

Terri,
You're in Virginia, and I'll bet Brittany is enjoying her newfound "adult" time being the house-sitter! Hope you're having fun.

Dianne,
How's work? Calmed down any? We're busy again, it can really take alot out of you, doesn't it? By the end of some days, I'm pooped.

Sandy,
I've been thinking of you and hope that you're adjusting to having company around the house during the day. I'm hoping that the cooking/food issue is becoming a bit easier for you. Is Mike hopeful about his job prospects?

One of my co-workers and I have begun walking during our lunch hour. We work in an 81 year old building that used to house the village's high school. There's a 1/4 mile track behind the hall, which residents and employees use. It's so convenient to have it there! We're also next door to the park district building, which has an indoor track that they allow village employees to use at no charge. With winter coming, we'll move indoors to use that.
Now I have no excuse to not walk! So far we're only doing one mile (just began this week) but my goal is to get two miles in each lunchtime.

HI to everyone. Miss you all!
~Jen

Jen,
HI! That is great about the track. That will be great!!!!!! Good luck! Great on the maintain.

Es,
Jen is right. We are soo much more than weiging friends now.
I hope you are doing ok. Hope you have a great time in Florida.

We had a great time in Virginia. We went to Colonial Williamsburgh, Jamestown and Yorktown. We went to Norfolk to see the Wisconsin Battleship from WWII, Korea, Vietnam and the Persion Gulf. We went to Kitty Hawk N.C. and then up the coast in the outerbanks in N.C. to climb (200 steps) the Lighthouse on the tip. The homes there (rentals) are gorgeous. They are all pastel colors and they fit in along the ocean beautifully. It was eerie because it is off season and the ocean looked lonely.
We went to Virginia Beach and I walked in the ocean for about a mile one way and then I walked back. Bruce took the boys on the boardwalk for the walk back so I could be alone. There were only about 3 people out on the beach. It was soooooo peaceful. I have never been to a beach in the off season. I loved it.
The last day we were there we went to Busch Gardens. They had a blast. It was Hallowscream. The park turned into a big Haunted Park at night. No lines for any rides. Off season is the way to go. We went on major rollercoasters (5 of them) in no time at all.
Britts did great. I am so proud of her. We bought her lots of stuff. When we got home she hugged us. She actually waited a good half hour before asking for her stuff. :lol: It is nice being home.

Now back to weight loss. :lol:

Luv y'all,
Terri

Jenny523
10-17-2005, 06:04 AM
Terri,
It sounds as though you had a busy and interesting trip. The beach must have been wonderful.

My sister Kathie called on Saturday, she's coming up today to spend a week! :cb: :dancer: Her last chemo was Friday and she's thankfully not experiencing too much nausea. She begins 7 weeks of radiation on Nov. 7th, so this was the perfect time for her to make the trip. Otherwise it wouldn't happen till next spring. We haven't seen her since last December when my brother passed away.
It looks as though she may spend the entire week at our home rather than doing too much driving around to all her daughters', which are really spread throughout the Chicagoland area.

Hope all is well with everyone. I've been struggling terribly, have to stop it and get back on program. No losses in too long.

~Jen

Jen,
That is wonderful. What do the Drs. say? I know you will all have a wonderful time. Are her daughters coming over?
Luv ya,
Terri

Jenny523
10-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Terri, my sister is doing very well! She has lost her hair, and usually wears a scarf or bandana. But she looks wonderful, and is very positive. Her dr. is pleased with her progress/condition. She will undergo 7 weeks of radiation, to be followed by preventative chemo. He said the worst is behind her in terms of treatments.
We're staying up late talking, and it's such a joy to have her here.
Tonight she's staying at one of her daughters, they're having a mini slumber party with some old friends of hers. Tomorrow we're going to visit Aunt Ginny and bring along a little tea party for her.

Where the heck is everyone????????:( :( :(

Es, hope you're having a great time in Florida, and that you're not in the hurricane's path!

HI to everyone,
~Jen

Oh Jen. That sounds like such fun. I am so glad she is doing better.
Give her lots of hugs.

My sister had her surgery yesterday. She is pretty sore but relieved.

Where is everyone?
I started substituting yesterday. I want to get my Alabama Liscense so I can get paid more. I'm looking into it.

TTYL,
Terri

Jenny523
10-21-2005, 07:47 AM
Terri,
Wasn't the surgery for the carotid artery? What did they do? Good to hear she's ok.
How often are you teaching? That's great! My Mom used to sub, she was picky tho...wouldn't accept anything over 5th grade cause she didn't want to deal with discipline issues :lol:

take care,
Jen

Rios426
10-21-2005, 09:38 AM

I'm back. I came back with quite a tan. We left a day early because of the hurricane but that's okay because I really missed Pete & Sammy. I'll never go away without Pete again. Had an okay visit with the family. Everybody was busy working etc. It wasn't want we expected but like I said that's okay. I couldn't wait to get back to LONG ISLAND. I'm so glad David came with me. We sat by the pool & had quite a few pina coladas. We had great weather. :sunny:

Terri, happy to hear your Mom is fine also that you had a nice time in VA. Please give Britt a hug for me.

Jen, thank God your sister is doing well. Her hair will grow back. Bandanas are in style now anyway so I know she's looking cool. I'm struggling big time! I will get back on track eventually. :shrug: Oh, BTW, I went to visit my sister & my nephew & his kids. Good going with your walking. :cheer:

Missed all of you.

Love you very much :grouphug:
Es

Jenny523
10-23-2005, 07:37 AM
Es,
So glad you had a good time! And that you avoided the hurricane.

I've been off program the entire week and can feel it. I'm having one of my fresh starts tomorrow. Missed two meetings in a row, so may just rejoin and start from week one again, I'll see what my leader recomends.

Kathie leaves our home today. One of her daughters is having a 1st bday party for her son, they'll all be together then she'll go spend the night at one of her girls' before leaving tomorrow. It's been so nice having her here and being together. I hate to see her leave and dread saying goodbye.

Today's Joey's birthday...how can my baby be 27?!? Joe and I are going to brunch with Iliana and Joey.

HI :wave: to everyone.

~Jen

Jen,
Happy Birthday to Joey. :hb: Oh to be 27 again.
I know you'll have a great time at brunch.
Yes, her surgery was for the carotid artery. Her throat is hurting right now.
Her throat was swollen from all the instruments they put down there.
It will be a couple of weeks til she feels normal. Her other artery isn't blocked. Just the one. I am going to get mine checked since it is hereditary. She had to stay all night and was home the next afternoon.
I taught three days last week. I hope I get called a few days this week.
I like teaching the little ones too. I had 5th grade and they were so good. They did not want to deal with Mrs. Brown's disciplinary actions the next day. :lol: She laid the law down. I do not want to go into the Middle Schools. They scare me. :lol: My boys want me to though.

Es,
I am glad you are home safely. I don't like going anywhere without Bruce. I feel so safe with him. :) I am glad David was with you.
I'll bet your tan looks great. How did Sammy react when you came home?

I am listening to the Steelers on the radio on the PC. Bruce got me a sub. for Real Radio so I can. I switched my store days to Sunday in case I get called to work. I hate not knowing til the morning of.
I hope y'all have a great Sunday.

Terri

Rios426
10-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Terri, I'm so glad to hear you're teaching the little ones. They must be so cute. When I got home Sammy didn't know what to do. He hasn't left my side. He's a little down today. I guess he's missing Susie. I went out & bought him a toy. I pray your sister will be back to normal real soon. :angel:

Jen, I hate good-byes:wave: I usually say see you soon. Happy Birthday to Joey:balloons: Hope you had a nice brunch. I heard there is a very good WW leader on Wednesdays. Maybe I'll rejoin. I just don't have it in me. We'll see.

Hi to the rest of the girls.

Be back soon.
Hugs, Es

Jenny523
10-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Es,
Sammy must have been one happy puppy to see you!!! I don't think I'd be able to take a trip anywhere without Joe, I depend on him too much; he's my rock.

Terri,
What procedure do they use to screem for blockages in your carotid artery? Glad to hear your sister came through it all well. How is your Mother?

It's so disappointing to not hear from the rest of the girls! Dianne, Zoe, Sandy....I know we all have a tendency to stay away from the boards if we're not losing. Well, I gained 3 pounds, have missed two weigh ins...and am still here! I'm going back on Saturday to face the music.

I hope we hear from those missing, and that all is well with them.

have a great week,
~Jen

Sandancy
10-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Hi Everyone,

We are all ok, but I have really been down in the dumps lately. Mike still has not really begun his job search, and so he is hanging around the house all the time. Everyday I ask him what his plans are and he says "I will be working on my resume". I know this is really tough on him as he was 20 years with the same company. But I am feeling nervous, it has been over 3 months since he was laid off. I have really tried to be positive and encouraging, but it is kind of wearing at this point.

Sorry that I find it hard to be cheery,
Love you all,
Sandy

Jenny523
10-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Sandy,
A big hug for you :grouphug:
It's not easy to watch someone go through losing their identity...which when you think about it, is what happened to Mike, in my opinion.
Whether we like to admit it (or not) we really do identify ourselves by our jobs. When I happily quit my job of 24 years, I went through a very unexpected soul-searching period. It was accompanied by a sense of depression, fear, and uncertainty.
Plus, for the guys, it's their masculinity, "the provider" that's compromised. I saw Joe go through it when he was laid off for 3 months. It wasn't easy or pleasant around here!
So....hang in there. Know that I'm thinking of you and that things will turn around.
luv,
~Jen

Rios426
10-28-2005, 07:42 PM

Sandy, like Jen said it's their masculinity/providers. I remember when Pete was laid off for almost 1 year. Boy, did we struggle but by the grace of God we survived it. It wasn't easy so I know what you're going through.

Jen, I haven't weighed myself. I know I gained. I can feel it but I'm just not ready to go back yet. I know you'll be back on track & you'll lose those 3 lbs.

Halloween is here :) I'm going to buy candy at the last minute. I'm not buying any chocolate. I'll buy candy that I don't like.

Hi to the rest of our group. Hope all is well with everybody.

We turn back the time this weekend. WOOHOO more sleep. :carrot:

Love you guys:grouphug:
Es

Sandy. I saw this with my FIL. He was laid off for awhile. It was very upsetting for him. I agree with Jen wholeheartily. I hope it all works out soon. Hugs to all of you!

Jen,
I have gained so many times. I overcame every one of them and so will you. You can do it. Her GP sent her to a Cardiologist and he did a sonogram. It took like 10 mins. Then they did a Catherization to pinpoint it before the surgery. She is doing much better.

Es,
Hug that puppy for me. That is sad that he misses Suzie. We had 3 chihuahuas and Tikki and Snoopy loved each other. Cocoa was the outsider who stole their treats. :lol: When Snoopy died Tikki waited by the door for Snoopy like he always did for him to come back in for like 3 weeks. He would wait for about an hour each time. You can tell by his face he was wondering where he was. I am getting teary eyed writing this and it was 1979. :(
I just love these little creatures. They better be in Heaven waiting for me. :?:

Also great job on buying candy you don't like. :lol: :) :lol: :)

I hope everyone has a great halloween.
Luv ya,
Terri

Rios426
10-30-2005, 07:55 AM
Hi Girls,

Is our group giving up? I noticed there are very few posts. :(

Terri, good to hear your sister is feeling much better. How is Brittany? Tell her I'm sending her a cyber {{{hug}}}. I sware these aniimals are little people with fur. They amaze me.

Sandy, I hope today is a better day for you. Mike can collect unemployment for 1 year?

Jen, how's it going? I'm thinking of going back to WW on Wed. I have to get out of this funk. How's Joey & Iliana?

I bought the candy. I make up bags so that's what I'll be doing this evening.

Hi to the rest of the gang. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
11-01-2005, 06:58 AM
Whew! I'm sooo glad that the last month is behind us. Too many events, celebrations and too much temptation. Of course I didn't have to give in to it, but I did, and no other excuse :o
I'm so looking forward to getting back to the basics. I need to journal, get in my water and count points!
Halloween was fun. The boys looked great, Brandon was a devil and Matt an (American) indian. Bubba came over with her girls, Joey and Ili were also here. Joe and I both had the day off.

Es,
I'm going back today. God only knows what the scale will say; as of last week I was up 3 and still didn't stop myself. :rolleyes: I originally began weighing in on Tuesdays, but switched to Saturday mornings...which I prefer, but it's a hassle to get up and out on a day off, especially now that it's cold weather. I'll see how Tuesdays go.
Let's not let our group wither away!

Terri,
What a story about your chihuahuas, I was teary eyed. How's teaching?

Sandy,
I've been thinking of you and Mike. Hope all is okay and that you're both coping.

~Jen

Rios426
11-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi:wave:

Jen, the past 2 days have been tough. There is chocolate everywhere at work! I wish I could do WW at work again. I can't get enough people. It was so convenient. Anyway, Halloween was nice. By 7:30 it was quiet. I got rid of all the candy. :carrot: Hope your WI went well.

Terri, I think Sammy finally gave up on waiting for Susie to come out the room. I wish I could get a companion for him but Pete doesn't want another dog. :nono:

I hope Dianne, Zoe, Janie, Ruth come back. We haven't heard from Ruth in a very long time. There was Linda too. Stop in & say hi.

Hugs,
Es

I know what you mean. I don't want the group to die out. Let's stay and I'll bet it will get busy again.

Jen,
I would rather have Tuesday too. Good luck!
Matthew and Brandon sound so cute. Wait til they are my boys' ages. Bradley was a guy that was in an accident. They both put fake blood on their shirts. Bradley had scars andf "glass" sticking out of his face.
No more cute costumes. LOL

Es,
Poor little Sammy. When they wait it is sad. He'll be ok.
Great job on getting rid of the candy.

I worked all this week so far. I hate not knowing ahead of time but it is ok once I get there. I had 1st grade and then 6th the next day. I'd rather have 6th. :lol: Those little ones would not stop talking. :lol:

Going for a walk.
TTYL,
Terri

Jenny523
11-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Terri,
It sounds as though you're working full time...was that your intent? Your boys sound as tho they had the perfect Halloween costumes...gory and yucky! I was going to dress up as a witch, but pooped out at the last minute..perhaps next year.

Es,
Work is an everyday nightmare in terms of food. I've usually been able to walk past it and ignore it, or go with just veggies if it's a big selection. The last 2 or 3 weeks were bad, and I gave in to lots of chocolate.
I did go to a meeting on Tuesday, and am feeling in control again. I cannot lose sight of my long term goal...to be out of plus sizes for Joey's wedding in May.
My SIL is doing very well, 77 pounds lost! She sets short term goals for herself and has been successful in meeting them all.

Sandy,
Am thinking of you and Mike and hope you're coping.

Dianne,
Where are you??? :( I miss you!

Zoe,
Still around? Pop in and say hi, why don't you?

Thanksgiving is 3 weeks from today :yikes: how did the holidays creep up on us so quickly?

have to run to work, later!
~Jen

Jen,
I don't mind at all. I like getting off at 2:40. That is so sweet. I can still do alot at home before supper. The kids and Bruce help a lot. Bruce makes the bed every morning and cleans the bathroom and makes sure the dishwasher gets filled and other odd jobs. It feels good to see the kids doing things without telling them. :carrot:
I know you will be out of plus sizes by the wedding. Never lose sight of the long term goal.

Hi everyone!
Terri

Jenny523
11-03-2005, 07:01 PM
"Never lose sight of the long term goal" Terri, thanks!!

It's far too easy to worry about the day-to-day issues, when the big picture is what counts. Thanks for the reminder. :D

~Jen

Jenny523
11-04-2005, 10:51 PM
I just received the news that my Aunt Ginny passed away today.
Such sad news is mixed with happiness in that she's finally with all those she has loved and lost.
Yet it's difficult to have to say goodbye.
I'm so happy that we went to visit her when Kathie was in town.
love you all,
~Jen

Rios426
11-05-2005, 07:08 AM
Jen, I am so sorry to hear about Aunt Ginny. My deepest sympathy. :(

Hugs, Es

Rios426
11-06-2005, 07:05 AM
see you at #176