Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 10:46 PM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr. old #123

Oops See my replies on the last thread. Didnt know it was so close to starting a new one!
Old 06-14-2001, 07:22 AM   #2  

This is my last post for a while. I know there is a computer in the vacation house but I think it is in a room that someone might be using. Also there are teenagers who will probably be on it. I am glad to get away. Yesterday the baby across the street wandered out again. The police have been there a few times. This morning the mom's car is there and the dad's is gone. I feel for the kids because they are so nice. I hope it all works out but I just don't understand how someone can leave their kids like that. Went out with the wicked women last nite and found out that a good friend has breast cancer. We have about 20 of us that go to dinner once a month. Last night we down to a place on the river. Slavika I feel for you and your mouth. That is one way to diet. Good to hear from you Trudy. Sounds like every one has someone sort of hard to buy for on Father's Day. Have a nice week everyone and will "talk" if I get a chance, Peggy
Old 06-14-2001, 08:40 AM   #3  
Net browser

Default ....Happy Holiday Peggy

Peggy
Hi there. I'm sure you will have a great vacation. Looking forward to hearing about it when you get back.
My mouth feels a bit better this morning. I see the dentist again at 9:00 (he just wants to take a "look"). This is truly a very restricted diet I am on. Mind you, I did manage to have a bowl of frozen yorgurt before bed last night.
Bye Peggy, have fun.
Old 06-14-2001, 10:33 AM   #4  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: I just cant help it. I love Hawaii! Even talked to DH about it agin last night. We thought for a minute and decided we better not go again. ALAS...... Good to see you! Sounds like you have been busy.

Peggy: Have a great Vacation! Im sure you will come back all nice and relaxed. Your gonna have a ball! I sure feel for those kids. Its a very sad situation.

Slavika: Tell the Dentist to be nice to you! My kind of diet, love frozen Yogurt! At least you got the teeth taken care of. Probaly wont hurt for to long, I hope.
Old 06-14-2001, 11:49 AM   #5  
Fun Blonde

Peggy - Here is hoping to a wonderful, relaxing vacation. Maybe when you get back, the situation on your street will be resolved.

Slavika - Having sore teeth is my kind of diet--malts, malts, malts. You have to have teeth to enjoy a salad. So here is hoping you are "all better."

Trudy - Ain't it a shame we can't keep late nights anymore? Of course, I never could. I was never a wild woman. Men! I know about particular. Leon doesn't want anything "made in China" and there is a lot of that at Wal-Mart.

Remember my friend with the grandson who had been molested by his father? Tomorrow they go in for another court session because the father is trying to get supervised visitation. Pray for them that he doesn't. Caleb is finally not afraid of the dark or strangers.

Have a good day!
Glenda
Old 06-14-2001, 06:54 PM   #6  

G'day all,

It is a very gloomy day here, rain, hail and wind. A perfect day to surf the net, watch a bit of TV and finish the cardigan for dd

Slavika I do hope your mouth/teeth are better soon. The first thing I have to do is get in a dentist appointment when we get home before we are off again.

Trudy We have fathersday in September though I never buy any fathers day presents, using the excuse that dh is not my father . As we get older it is more and more difficult to buy. Good to see you post. I am quite the opposite and sleep very little as I am getting older. I used to be in bed by 8.30, now I mess about till late at night and I am up early again

Peggy have a great holiday and I agree with Slavika your avatars are just great, good fun! Sad for the children across the road from you.

Glenda If the justice system is anything like our justice system here, that person will probably get visitation rights

After such consistant weight loss, I have only lost .3 kg but at least I have still lost so I have to be happy with that.

This weekend we might drive up to where the snow is, about 3-4 hours drive. Throw a snowball and then we can tick it off that dh has finally experienced snow

I just thought I share this joke that I received this am, I thought it was quite funny.

An airplane takes off from the airport. The captain is Jewish
and the first officer is Chinese. It's the first time they've
flown together and it's obvious by the silence that they don't
get along.
After thirty minutes, the Jewish Captain mutters, "I don't
like Chinese."

The First Officer replies, "Ooooh, no rike Chinese? Why dat?"

"You bombed Pearl Harbor. That's why I don't like Chinese."

"Nooooo, noooo... Chinese not bomb Peahl Hahbah. Dat Japanese, not Chinese."

"Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese...it doesn't matter, they're
all alike."

Another thirty minutes of silence. Finally the First Officer
says, "No rike Jews."

"Why not? Why don't you like Jews?"

"Jews sink Titanic."

"No, no. The Jews didn't sink the Titanic. It was an iceberg."

"Iceberg, Goldberg, Rosenberg, no mattah...all same." (from
Gayle Pearson)

Have a great weekend all
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 06-14-2001 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-14-2001, 07:07 PM   #7  

Maria I liked your joke. Copied it and sent it on. Hope your dh likes the snow. Have fun. Peggy
Old 06-14-2001, 10:21 PM   #8  

Peggy Hope you have a great vacation.

Slavika hope the tooth is better today.

Maria I liked the joke too. We have had the same kind of weather here. Rainy stormy and just plain awful. Even had to cancel 2 meetings today because of storm damage from last night. Sounds as though your weekend was great.

Slavika and Lily, Frozen yogurt is one of my favorites too.

Trudy some times I'm a night owl. Other times I'm not i always blame it on my age.

Mom had her first physical therapy today. She will be going Monday Wednesday and Fridays for a while.. Did decide she needs to wear shorts not a jumper. She's not really happy about having to wear shorts out of her yard. Never has been comfortable doing that.

My DD has a very good friend who is going to have that Gastro surgery to make her stomach smaller on Monday. i'm so very afarid for her . I hope it all works out as she is very heavy well over 350# at about 5'8" and that is not a good thing as you all well know. She is same age as DD 34 and has such a good giving heart. Everybody think of her and maybe say a few prayers. That surgery can be very dangerous. And it is her last resort. She really has tried every thing.

Got to go

Karen
Old 06-15-2001, 01:16 AM   #9  
Super Surfer

Cool I'm up late tonight

I'll bet everyone is asleep now ~ except Maria who is on the other side of the world. My company just left. We had a spicy tomato soup (and dessert of course) for supper, that really bothered me.... I compounded the damage by eating myself silly tonight and now I really have indigestion, so I will be up for awhile. Hubby turned on the news and I saw that Brainerd Minn. had a tornado, please tell me that it missed you Karen. It sure has been a bad weather day. Glad to hear your Mom is doing so well. I wish my Mom would have had the operation, she didn't want it and now she sufferes so much with her knees.
Peggy ...have a great vacation.
Slavika ....you have a really great excuse to eat all the frozen yogurt you want to.... take advantage of the "no guilt".
Maria... that was a funny joke. When you and your DH are throwing snowballs, take a minute to think about us northern gals who do that for 5 months a year...
Glenda... I remember you telling us about that little child before. That is terrible that the father would even be considered to get supervised visitation. What a world!
Lily....I've only seen the pictures of Maui. I don't blame you for trying any tatic you can to get back there.

I'm going to go tidy up the kitchen... I just hate getting up to a mess. I'll try to see you all tomorrow....
Old 06-15-2001, 03:49 AM   #10  

G'day all,

As Trudy said I probably am the only one up, it is 5.30 pm and the weather is not getting any better. I did spend the whole day putting the finishing touches to THE cardigan Thank goodness it is now finished. Decided to walk to town (a good 30 minute walk) in between the showers. It was an exhilarating walk, lovely and cool and windy. I do enjoy it if I am dressed for it. I went to town to buy the buttons for the cardigan, couldn't find buttons I liked but came home with a great pair of shoes instead. 25% off the already reduced price, how could I pass that up and there is more, being share holders (minor ones) of the store where I bought them I got another 10% off. I practically got them for nothing

Karen I hope the weather is clearing up in your neck of the woods. I have read here about some very unseasonal weather in the US, particularly in Texas where there has been lots of flooding. Hope none of you were effected.

We'll pretend we are in Canada on Sunday Don't know if I could cope with 5 months of the year with snow. As a child in the Netherlands I remember snow which was great when you woke up in the morning but then as the day wore on and it became all slushy and yuck it wasn't quite so good.

Trudy reading about your evening and you suffering from indigestion just reminds me of the fact since stopping the alcohol and making wise choices food wise, I have not had one antacid tablet for indigestion.

Out to dinner and then watching the footy tonight. Our home team Adelaide is playing in Melbourne and they need all the support they can get.
Cheers
Maria
Old 06-15-2001, 11:41 AM   #11  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: Oh my. Im sure nothing will come of it. That little boy sounds like he is finally getting better, and I would hope the courts dont go along with it.

Maria: Loved the joke! Wow great buy on those shoes. Have fun in the snow.

Karen: Your mom is improving everyday. Im sure she will get over the shorts thing. It will be more comfortable for her leg. Oh boy, I would be afraid for your friend to. My DH's friend had it done last April. He has had nothing but problems and has to go back in for Surgery because they didnt do it right. I have read to many stories about it to. Scares me. He had tried everything thing to. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Trudy: You must go to Hawaii some time. The pictures are great, but they really dont do it justice. It is beautiful and well worth the trip if you can.

Slavika: Hows the teeth today? Hope they are feeling better!

Best get to work.
Old 06-15-2001, 11:27 PM   #12  
Net browser

Default ...rain and more rain

Hi Everybody
My mouth is a little tender but nothing too serious. I am having trouble getting used to this new partial though. I keep biting the sides of my tongue....that smarts!!!!! Maybe some further adjustments have to be made, I'll see on Monday. Thanks everybody for asking about my boo-boo.

Maria I think the only time in my life I would miss snow, is aound the Christmas season. I hope your husband enjoys seeing his first snow. Karen how old is the gal that is going to have the gastro surgery? I'm sure she and her doctor thought long and hard before deciding on something so drastic. I surely do wish her well.

I made homemade chicken soup today.....a BIG pot, did it ever taste good. I made enough to last a couple of days, since my mouth is still tender. We are going to our son and dil's place for Fathers Day. They planned on doing steaks. I told them not to alter their menu because of me. I picked up a DQ ice cream cake to take for dessert (hee hee I can eat that). DH is going out of town on business for all of next week. He doesn't often go for that length of time any more. Maybe I'll go to the movies one night with a girlfriend, since he's not so keen on movies.
That's it for me gang. "See" you all tomorrow. Night.

P.S. One more thing. The weather here today was just crazy. Sun then heavy rains, then maybe some wind, then maybe sun and rain together. Anyway, my dil stopped by today and she said, "it was like God allowed the children in heaven to play with the weather switches.......first they would click this, then that, then maybe click two together." LOL

Last edited by slavika; 06-20-2001 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-16-2001, 09:22 PM   #13  
Net browser

Default ...oh oh I got a bunny

Hi Everybody

The last couple of days I have seen a young bunny hanging out on my patio. DH says he sees him often early in the morning when he is leaving for work. Well, a short while ago I looked out and he was eating bird seed with all the little birdies around him. Then, he left there, and headed towards, MY GARDEN I ran out, and there he was sitting in the midst of my new lettuce having a little taste. I told him, "rascally rabbit, I don't think so!" I told TRUDY he looked at me with those big button eyes of his. YIKES, I didn't even taste that lettuce yet. He is really cute....like a little stuffed toy but I better not encourage him............he is sweet though.
BROTHER
Old 06-17-2001, 09:20 AM   #14  

Hi from the beach, It is really pretty here. Just houses - no condos or hotels. The houses up aways are really huge. We are right on the beach. The kids are having a ball. Wish you all could come. Peggy
Old 06-17-2001, 10:25 AM   #15  
Net browser

Default ....Lucky you, Peggy

Hi Peggy LOL so you found the computer. I'm happy the place is nice, and I sure wish I was there too. We do have some sun this morning, so that's a plus. How's your weather? Enjoy..........
Closed Thread