Old 08-29-2005, 11:47 AM   #1  

Default Week At A Time Challenge #10

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 12:49 PM   #2  

Default Happy Monday!

Good morning friends! I cannot express how wonderful it was to see so many of our regulars and new members posting! Each and everyone of you have impacted me with your presence here
JustPeachie a warm welcome from all of us we are so delighted to have you join us. Great goal BTW!
Bonnie - You Go Girl how awesome to have so much fun and maintain your weight within limits. You have shown it's not about a diet plan anymore - you have established a healthy living lifestyle! Keep it up!

Sushi - cp: for days of consistency! Congratulations for hanging in here with us all week!

Allie - and for reaching your weekly goal - to exercise 4 times during the week!
Bev for 7 days of goals met! and for 3 weeks - completing a 21-day challenge!
Debi for 7 days of goals met! As everyone has said you count your goals and successes in whatever way works for you! Sounds great to me - I may try to get my head start for the week on Sundays!

carla for 7 days of goals met (no chocolate and wine?) Your goals for this week are great. We often forget how important it is to our weight and health wellbeing to get up, be active and go to bed on time. Thanks for setting the example! I got a kick out of being in training for retirement

kurias, Casper - we are missing you!

mscat
Old 08-29-2005, 02:26 PM   #3  
Debi

Smile

Hi Friends!

Here are my challenges for this week:

1. Walk DOWN 24 flights of stairs + walk UP 1 flight of stairs
2. Drink 5 cups of water per day

And for today ... I've completed both of my challenges.

It really helped me to do my stairs last night and I'm so glad that nobody minds this!

How's everybody doing so far today? I good good.

Have I mentioned yet, how much I love this place?!

I hope you're all having a good day so far!

Love,

Debi

Oops - I forgot to mention that I weighed myself this morning and am at 240, hopefully next week it will be less than that.

Last edited by deborah.jennelle; 08-29-2005 at 02:28 PM.
deborah.jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:30 PM   #4  
Debi

Hi Bonnie,

Enjoy your time with your granddaughter and have a safe trip when you take her home.

(HUGS)

Love,

Debi
Old 08-29-2005, 05:37 PM   #5  

Debi, I thought you'd like to know that I started my week last night too. It doesn't seem to me to matter when the week starts, as long as it lasts 7 days... My goal is getting to bed before midnight, and being up and out by 10 am. I made it to bed on time and actually can't remember if I watched TV or not :redface:. So maybe it souldn't count. But this AM I was up and would have been out by 9 except I was waiting for a return call.

I've been watching the Katrina coverage: friends of my brother (who died two years ago) have businesses in the French Quarter, and I'm hoping everything is okay. During the last storm they held a hurricane party in their bar, but this time they may have had to evacuate (FQ people are notorious for NOT following orders, but...). The cleanup in all those old buildings is going to be quite a job. I'll call later to check on them.

More later. Gotta go.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 298/288/175

Hello,

How's everyone doing??

Ok This week's goals are:
Exercise 4 times a week doing the WATP Dvds. This week it will be 9 cardio miles.
2nd goal is to drink 8 glasses water daily.

Since my week starts on Saturday, I did the 3mi WATP Dvd. Today, Monday, I did the 2mi. I am 5 miles in. 4 more to go!
AllieNVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:03 AM   #7  
Debi

Hi Carla!

Good for you with getting to bed on time last night [and of course it should count, after all ... you were in bed on time and also up at gone by 10:00.

I hope that your brothers friends are okay ... things sure do look like quite a mess down that way, don't they?

Allie, it looks like you're coming right along with your exercising. Great job, keep up the good work!

Guess I'm gonna go for now - it's midnight and since I haven't been getting a whole lot of sleep lately, think I'll go 'n try to get some now.

Love,

Debi
Old 08-30-2005, 12:37 AM   #8  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hello Bonnie, Mscat, Debi, and Carla! I'm Selina and I was invited by Bonnie (thanx, by the way ). I like the idea you have here. Lord knows I need weekly support! LOL. I am choosing to make my first week's goals as follows: Keep calories under 1500 per day, drink at the very least 30 oz of water each day (I know that's not enough but better than what I've been getting in), and walk between 8,000 and 10,000 steps per day and log them on AOM (AmericaOnTheMove.org). Oh, and the article they interviewed me for should be out this Friday on the site. I am hoping this will motivate me further! And of course that it helps everyone who reads it to keep hope that this battle to get healthy and stay that way is something that can be won. I got several books at the library today and one was called Passing For Thin. It looks really good. Written by a woman who lost half her weight, it delves into how it feels to be in the Planet of the Thin, a totally different world with different rules and ideas. She was 338 lbs., I believe. I know what she is saying in this book. Being thin is scary when you haven't ever been there. A thin girl never knows what it's like to have to wear shorts under all her dresses to prevent chafing between her thighs. She doesn't know what it's like to not be able to fit on a ride at Astroworld, and watch her friends go on it without her, as they did in her book. I have had that happen. I have many stories like hers. I'd rather not remember them. I think I'm gonna like reading this book. She's been there too.

Anyway, for today I'm at 1410 cals, 20.5 gms total fat, 28 oz water (I will bring a glass to my room and drink some b4 bed too, so I'm good there), and I'm at 8405 so far on steps. Yay me!!!

Hope you all have a great week! I hope to check in every day or as much as possible. Thanks!!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:04 AM   #9  

Time for a reality check here. I've realized that my bedtime goal is just not realistic for me. So I'm pooping out on that. But I will be up and at 'em by 10 in the mornings, as I was this morning. Is this the fastest anyone has ever abandoned half their challenge? Of course I'm continuing my 21-day challenge of no wine/no chocolate, which is becoming almost routine.

Allie, aren't you afraid you'll run out of miles at this rate? Only Monday and you're half done? Keep up the good work!

Bonnie, good to hear from you, and we'll be looking forward to having you back on the challenge next week. It sounds like you're having a wonderful time.

Debi, have you done tomorrow night's stairs yet?

Mscat, I don't think I'm showing as good an example this time. Oh well, baby steps. How are you doing with the dreaded water? I'm actually trying to replace a bit of the diet soda with water and extra-diluted Crystal Light. I trick myself into drinking it by putting it into empty 500 ml water bottles and keeping them in the fridge. For some reason I like fluids better when they aren't in a glass. Very mature, no?

Apart from the challenge, I've been having a bit of a tough time not overdoing the goodies. There was a special on Nature Valley bars. I had never tried their new sweet and salty bars, and i never will again. At least not for now - there are none left. At least I haven't eaten all the crunchy bars as well. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. It's like getting close to Onederland unleashes a sudden urge to nosh. It's really not that I'm afraid to be thin, just that I get all cocky and want to celebrate , and of course I'm a charter member of the celebrate with food club. Maybe tomorrow I'll behave - especially if the scale is creeping back up. This is going to be a long process no matter how I attack it. And there'll be plenty of opportunity to celebrate - or drown my sorrows in carbs.

Soon I will go to bed. But I realized today that one of the good things about retirement rehearsal is afternoon naps!

: to all.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:08 AM   #10  

Welcome, Selina, you're looking terrific and should be very proud of how far you've come. Maybe we need YOUR support and weight-loss secrets!
Old 08-30-2005, 01:17 AM   #11  

Default Monday Night Sign Off

Goodnight ladies -

Welcome Soon2BFitChick! We are excited to have you join us. Great goals and challenging. We are here for you every "step" of the way. Looking forward to reading the article!

Debi for accomplishing both goals today!

Bonnie - looking forward to working with you again after your much deserved rest!
Old 08-30-2005, 01:33 AM   #12  

Default Monday Night Sign off #2!

I must be tired - hit the wrong button and sent previous message before I was done!

Selina - wanted to add to your welcome that your picture is absolutely gorgeous!

carla - I totally support you changing your goal - it is frustrating to continously run up against a brick wall especially when it comes to making a life long change. Take "baby steps" as you have said until it becomes realistically manageable. I am still struggling with the water but at least the goal is making certain I am getting something in! I hope your friends continue to be safe.

Bonnie - thanks for inviting Selina - you both are contributions to this group.

Now I am ready to really turn in - especially since I have to get up at 6 to help get DD ready for first day of school!

mscat
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
Old 08-30-2005, 10:34 AM   #13  

Default Good Tuesday Morning!

Allie - for meeting your goal on Monday! I missed you last night when I was having problems with my computer!
Bonnie - for pounds down! Congratulations!

Here is a wonderful inspiration from The Daily Motivator -

"The things you know without a doubt are the things you discover and experience for yourself. Though others can guide you, lecture you, persuade you, scold you or encourage you, what becomes a part of you is what you experience for yourself.

Your belief may indeed be strong and unwavering. Yet there is a difference between belief and certainty. Certainty comes when you actually live your beliefs and put them into practice on an ongoing basis. For that is when you will discover and experience for yourself the essence of their truth.

It is interesting to speculate about what might and might not be true, what might and might not happen, what may or may not work. It is powerful indeed to know for sure. What you've been told is a good starting point. Take it further, put it into practice and discover for yourself.

Honor your faith, your trust, your belief by bringing it all to life through your efforts. Truth will rise to a whole new level when you discover and experience it for yourself."

-- Ralph Marston

Let us all do more than talk the talk about the things we will do to lose weight and live healthy lifestyles - Let's walk the walk. There is power in the doing every minute, every day, every week...

mscat-
Old 08-30-2005, 10:44 AM   #14  

Bonnie, you skinny-minny!! After reading your post I have a real yen for bacon and eggs. Maybe I'll go out to the all-day-breakfast place a little later. Then again, maybe I won't. I'd be dunking the home fries in the yokes, and making a sandwich with the toast and bacon... Maybe salad instead. It sounds like you've had a wonderful visit with your DGD, and a nice active one too! I'm expecting a visit from relatives starting next Monday, including a trip to my stepmother for her birthday. I'm used to spending most of my home time alone, so having people around 24/7 is very hard for me. I always feel like I should be entertaining, which stresses me and makes the guests uncomfortable. It will be a real food challenge for me, and everyone drinks a lot too. Temptation everywhere. I may just put the cousins on a sort of diet plan without telling them!

Mscat, thanks for the absolution re my amended goals. I'm still doing my 21-day goals, and today is Day 2 of getting up and out at a reasonable time. I was out buying the newspaper at 9:30. After such a late night last night, I think I may still try to skip the siesta and get to bed not too late. It's just too easy to munch those late hours away.

It almost feels like bedtime already. Bye for now, y'all. (not Southern, just borrowing a useful expression.)
Old 08-30-2005, 11:05 AM   #15  
Debi

Smile

Soon2BFitChick, it's nice to meet you! [I'm new here too, have just been here a few days. ]

Don't feel bad about your 30 oz. challenge for water [actually mine is only 40 oz. per day ... 5-8 oz. glasses] but like you, I am getting more this way than I had been. For me, baby steps is the way to go [and it's working too! ]

Carla, yep - I did my today's stairs last night. I guess it is kind of funny to do tomorrow's exercises the night before, huh?

Hey - just curious, does water count for us even if it would be very diluted crystal light? If so - that would be WONDERFUL. [Ugh - I hate just plain water! ]

mscat, thanks for my for yesterday's goals being made.

Bonnie, you sure sound like a fun grandma! I bet your granddaughter will hate it when it's time to have to leave, huh? Good for you for being able to report pounds down!!

Well friends, time for me to go and uhmmmm, choke down [oops - I meant drink ] some of my fine water. Ha! ha!

Have a good day! I'll be back later and post when I get the water down so I can update and report my goals made for the day.

mscat, great motivator for the day [thanks for posting it!] (HUGS)

Love,

Debi

Last edited by deborah.jennelle; 08-30-2005 at 11:30 AM.