100 lb. Club - Weekly Weigh-in August 29-Sept. 4

View Full Version : Weekly Weigh-in August 29-Sept. 4

irishgreengables
08-29-2005, 10:11 AM
I thought I'd start the thread since no one else has. I hope that's okay.

I am down 1 lb. this week -- slow and steady wins the race.

glynne
08-29-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm happy ~ down 3 pounds since last weigh in (I think it was 2 weeks ago). Mom and Dad have been here a week visiting and we have eaten out a few times ~ I worried that it might result in a gain, but we did good. Mom is kind of like me ~ sweet tooth and struggling with her weight.

Mom and I have talked sometimes and I sort of can't decide if we were together all the time if it would be a good thing or a bad thing. We could help each other ~ not doing bad things and walking together or would we end up being bad together? Well anyway we did good this time. Yeah for us!!

mezmerize
08-29-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm up 2 - I'm not sure what is going on. I was on plan/worked out. I did go from SB P1 to SB P2. I was getting dizzy and came very close to passing out a few times on SB P1. ( I did the 2 weeks on PH 1) I added carbs Saturday. (7 Whole grain cereal 1/3 c for breakfast ) I did sneak and check my weight Sunday and seen the gain but was hoping it would be gone today. Not sure what is going on but I know I can't be without my carbs. It to scary to feel that dizzy.

newfiedarling
08-29-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm down 1 this week - but I've reached my EOS Challenge Goal. Yeah for me!!

~Dee

BethC
08-29-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm down one more pound! This is really happening, just a little slower then I was hoping for. But I'm down 42.8##s and I'll definately take it!

Have a great week everyone!

Sandi
08-29-2005, 11:52 AM
I am down 2.6. It should have been more, but I splurged over the weekend. But as long as it's down, I'm happy.

irishgreengables
08-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Yeah losers!

Sandi -- 2.6 is awesome. Any more would have been water weight or just plain unhealthy. Pat yourself on the back. Get a foot massage. Go a bit longer in your workout to celebrate!!!!!!!!!

unheardkoala
08-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Down another pounds....slow and steady.

barbygirl43
08-29-2005, 01:56 PM
great losses all.
Mez I'm with you this week and up. 3.5 pounds to be exact. I did horrible over the weekend and I think TOM is trying to get here. My hormones are all still out of whack so I'm not sure when that will be and until it straightens out I'll take my losses with my gains and just keep plugging away.

boiaby
08-29-2005, 03:18 PM
Great job everyone! I just wanted to send a special call out to Gayle, you go girl! You've really been doing fantastic lately and I just wanted you to know it. Has anyone else noticed how close our Gayle has gotten to Onederland? You're almost there sweetie, keep up the good work and you'll be there in no time!

Beverly

hautbois
08-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Good job to our losers! Congratulations Dee on reaching your EOS goal! That's great :)

DeterminedInGA
08-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Congratulations to all the losers! Paula, Beth & Leslie - it may seem slow, but as long as you're losing it all adds up! Gayle - I think it's wonderful that you and your Mom had the opportunity to help each other last week. Sandi - 2.6 is a great start! Keep it up! And Dee - a special congratulations on meeting your End of Summer Challenge early!

Mez and Dawnyal - you may be up a little this week, but I'm sure you will have lost it by this time next week. Keep working at it - you're both an inspiration to me!

tuckytex
08-30-2005, 03:26 AM
Hi guys!

I am down 2 pounds, I think it has been a couple weeks since I have been here though. I am not sure how to change my little counter thing though does anyone have any helpful hints? I also bought a treadmill that I got a great deal on and I am going to go and use it right now!
Danica

BarbaraAnn
08-30-2005, 08:10 AM
Down 2 pounds this week! :dance:

Congrats to all us losers! :cheer:

jenhai
08-30-2005, 09:34 AM
I was ashamed to post here, I have to be real about this thing and see it for what it is. . . . I did not drop any this week. But, we have dec'd that it is much better than a gain :) Hubby and I have also dec'd to only weight every 2 weeks now. So, it provides incentive to work out for longer periods of time (not per session) but over the month w/o quitting.

The GOOD NEWS . . . ? I can see inches lost. My workout clothes are getting baggy and I have been getting comments about my face looking thinner, ie. less cheeky and bunched up @ the cheeks . . . So, I will take it. I am still on top of it. Thanks guys . . . To all of you with lower numbers and to all of you w/ a little gain . . . let's keep it up. Or, PLEASE KEEP IT UP! It encourages me to see you all sweating it out and sticking w/ this challange.

DeterminedInGA
08-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Danica & BarbraAnn - congrats on losing 2 lbs this week! Congrats on buying the treadmill Danica - it will help so much in your weight loss!

Jenhai - great attitude! You and your husband are correct - maintaining is much better than a gain! And being able to see the inches disappearing is just as good!

Danica - after I set up one of the trackers I just change the number that I need to rather than re-creating it every time I need to change it.
If you are tracking by change in weight, change the last number in the code to the total # of pounds you have lost (it will look something like bee01/lb/0/80/5/ - the 5 would reference the # of pounds lost)
If you are tracking by weight you will put your current weight in the last number field (bee01/lb/200/120/198/ 198 representing your current weight.
The URL isn't correct on your tracker now which is why it is showing as a broken link. From what I can tell it looks like the URL reference in your signature setup is showing bee1/2/0/104/0 - the 2 should be lb.

Ok, that made sense to me as I was typing it but I have a tendency to ramble so send me a PM if I've lost you!

DeterminedInGA
08-31-2005, 08:57 PM
I lost 4 pounds.
yay for me

krysidaisy
08-31-2005, 09:54 PM
As of Monday I was down another pound to 205lbs that makes a total of 30 POUNDS gone forever!!! :woo:

Congratulations to all of the losers so far this week!

Tammy32
08-31-2005, 10:08 PM
I lost 10 pounds this week. I wish I could say it was from healthy eating and exercise. I still can't eat and keep anything down. Maybe soon.

matt_H
09-01-2005, 08:50 AM
I lost exactly 3 pounds. I'm down to a slim, trim, and sexy 399.4 (under 400 pounds for the last time in my life).

DeterminedInGA
09-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Good job guys! Krysi is soooo close to Onederland! I'm jealous!!

howie6267
09-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Hey good job all you losers. Matt 399 is a great number. I love breaking below those 100 pound marks.

I am taking a maintain for this week. we ate way to much this week and I would prefere to have an extra week before I weigh in. We have been doing great since Tuesday and are skipping our treat night this weekend because of our splurge on Monday. We let the doctors apointment get the best of us. I'm not going to continue to do that. I've got a lot more in the future and I'm not going to let stress play a part in my eating plan. Healthy for life is what we are shooting for and we are going to make it this time.

TakinBabySteps
09-01-2005, 03:32 PM
I maintained which is good considering that I didn't have a really great week, eating wise. I'll just keep on keepin' on.

famograham
09-01-2005, 06:13 PM
I maintained this week too...I wonder if this could be the result of a collective "summer is almost over funk"?

I know I've been feeling it...it just goes by so fast.
The kids are back to school on tuesday and my baby's starting preschool!

xoxo
Linda

ebenas
09-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Down 1.5 pounds. Do you count half pounds at your weigh ins? We do over here (Ireland). Great forum!
E

howie6267
09-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Well I was going to take this week as a maintain and not weigh in. However being that I have this love affair with the scale I could not stay away. If I had gained I probably would have acted like I did not weigh. LOL That's so silliy how we depend on those numbers. However I am down 2 lbs this week. I made it to a new decade. 268 WOO HOO!

Jillegal
09-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Wow, I'm loving seeing these great losses ~ way to go, people! :cp: Extra-special congrats to those who've reached milestones (new decades for Howie and Matt and a new "round" number total loss for krysidaisy) :bravo:

As for the maintainers, fear not, your adjusting bodies WILL loosen the grip on that poundage, so consider this practice for goal maintenance and give yourselves a pat on the back for staying on plan and not gaining! :cb:

Tammy...may your future losses be on purpose and not because of your current situation :grouphug:

mousie
09-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Weighed in this morning with a 3 pound loss from last week, yay! So I'm down 6.5 total, been on it again for 5 weeks. I'll take it! :)

DeterminedInGA
09-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Congratulations on all the losses! And the next best thing to a loss is a maintain 'cause it usually means you'll have a bigger loss the next week!

tuckytex
09-03-2005, 03:55 AM
Thanks Determined!

I love the new treadmmill and I have been using it everyday so hopefully it will be helpful next weigh in. I mucked around with my signature so I hope this works!
Danica

tuckytex
09-03-2005, 03:56 AM
ok this doesn't seem to be working does anyone know why it might not work all of a sudden?
dani

YP1
09-03-2005, 08:23 AM
Down another 2lb over the past 2 weeks since I last weighed in, so now at 196 :D

I've been fluctuating around like crazy which is why I didn't weigh in "officially" sooner, but I seem to have stabilised again which is good.

BarbaraAnn
09-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Kicked another pound out of my weigh!!!! :kickcan:

DeterminedInGA
09-03-2005, 09:41 AM
ok this doesn't seem to be working does anyone know why it might not work all of a sudden?
dani

You're almost there. Looking at the properties I can only see one thing wrong so hopefully that will fix it.

The code for the bee is bee01 - yours currently has bee1. Add the zero in front of the 1 and see if that makes it work. (My fault - I went back to my first reply and the second time I typed in the code, I typed it without the 0!)

Congratulations BarbaraAnn & YP1!! :dancer:

lucky
09-03-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm not sure exactly what is going on with me but I've lost 5.4 lbs in the past week - a little more than 8 over the last few weeks. One of two things is happening, I think. Either I'm on the down side of a plateu and it will level out starting this week (a few weeks ago I was recycling the same 2 pound) OR I'm starting to see a bit of muscle loss. My diet has been fine but, thanks to Katrina exercise has been next to nothing. My gym has reopened and the roads are almost clear so I should be able to get out and work up a real sweat this week. Maybe I'll see a slight gain once I'm able to hit the weights again.

But, don't get me wrong - I LOVE seeing my scale go down - I just don't think they are telling the whole truth!

activeadventurer
09-04-2005, 12:07 AM
WOW Wunderland! How exciting! :bravo: :cb: :hat: :grouphug: What an inspiration. Thanks for the shove to keep on going Pookie

I weighed in today and was up 1 pound. I am not worried about it as I have been OP all week. That's all I really can do. Looking at the long picture, I have lost 8 pounds in the last 2 months. Another thing I encourage myself with is that since I started exercising in 1998, I have not gotten any heavier and have only been getting lighter. Prior to 1998 I had gained 10-12 pounds a year for 20+ years. These are the things I remind myself of to just keep moving in the right direction. Thanks everybody for your support :D

rabbitfood
09-04-2005, 07:59 PM
I maintained this week, but considering how little I exercised (except for my finger pushing the refresh button while watching the news on the computer) and how little water I drank, I think that is pretty good. I'll do better next week.

~ Marylyn

Gardenwife
09-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Forgot to post on Friday...I'm down 2 pounds, not quite back to that seemingly long-ago 209. I want back in my new decade!

taekwondomom
09-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Down 3 more to 240! :D :D :D Only 16 more until the halfway mark! :happydance:

DeterminedInGA
09-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Jawsmom - I say go with option #1 - you're just on the downside of a plateau and you're now making up for it! Good job!

Pookie - Talk about inspiration! You are doing great!

Activeadventures - What a great attitude! There are so many things that can cause a small gain so it's wonderful that you are looking at the whole picture!

Marylyn - A maintain is good! And since you know what you did/didn't do to cause the maintain you now have a good handle on what you can do to change that maintain into a loss next week!

Kimberly - congratulations on the 2 lbs! You'll be back in your next decade next week!

Laura - what can I say? You're kicking some butt!

:cheer:

sarah73076
09-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Ugh....I wasn't even going to post my weigh-in from Friday, but I know if I don't get in the habit.... So I seem to have gained an astonishing 4 lbs in a week, going from 15st 13lbs to 16st 3lb (223 to 227). WTF? Depression setting in..... but then this morning I got on the scale just to see if it was still there, and low and behold, I'm 15st 13lbs again! I think because I stopped taking the pill about a month ago, my body is going crazy--I was sooooo bloated all weekend and my boobs are soooo sore! This week going to give up the fizzy drinks/drink more water and see if that makes any difference.

Gardenwife
09-05-2005, 01:45 PM
I just got off the pill, too, Sarah. I felt the same way at my weigh-in two weeks ago and had put on 3 pounds! I think our bodies need time to adjust back to a normal cycle. In the meantime, we need to keep doing what's right. It'll happen.

alphabetsoup
09-06-2005, 02:02 AM
WE LOST A TOTAL OF 51.5 POUNDS THIS WEEK!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: