South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 05:00 AM   #1  
Who needs sleep?

Default Monday Tic-Talk (August 29)

Hello everyone! I missed you all! I'm finally over my throat thingy, DH's hand is a leeetle bit better (although the dr warned him that it could take a few MONTHS to heal completely!), and DS is a sweetie-pie as always!

I'm up super late tonight (probably all night), so I thought I'd get Monday going for the more bleary of vision . This is the time of year when the gigantic spiders that live outside come IN and start roaming in the middle of the night! Ugh! So every year during "spider season" my dislike of spiders turns into arachnophobia , and I am unable to sleep at night lest I wake to find one too close to me! Fortunately it only lasts about a month or so. I found one crawling on the floor last night at 2 am and was reduced to a mass of quivering jelly for a few hours , even after DH bravely disposed of it for me. I'm such a when it comes to huge spiders!

On a brighter note, I've lost a total of 12 lbs : , and when I went shopping for some jeans this weekend, I discovered I'd dropped a size ! Yay! I celebrated by buying some shirts, too! I've been the same size for so long now, that I can't even remember the last time I wore this size!

Marianna - hope your friend comes in - the water's fine!

Schatzi - congrats on the loss of your hips!

Ruthxxx - how'd the sale go? Are you feeling recharged today? How's the knee?

Pearshape - I'm glad you had a nice time in the woods!

Littlechick - sorry your snuggle didn't work out, but I'm glad you had a nice visit, even if you paid for it the next day. Hope you feel better soon! Have you tried Metamucil?

Artemis - feeling better now?

Sil - hope you had a nice time! Sounds like fun!

Ellis - good thing you happened along! Did you enjoy the exhibit?

Beachbum - kids sometimes just have to get things out of their system and make their own mistakes (ours aren't good enough!). How old is he - 20something? Men are so slow to mature! He'll grow up, eventually! Congrats on the weight loss! Yay! I'll have to try the veggie soup idea.

Kiko - they are sooo sweet when they are little and not yet walking! Fortunately my little man is still a snuggler... sometimes... when he's not busy running around like a hurricane trying to tear the house and all within it into shreds!

Candy - hope you had fun at the shower!

soon2bfab - are you feeling better?

anchor - has your treatment taken effect yet?

mamacita - I will DEFINITELY look for your soup recipe! DH and I never use a lot of salt, most of the time I cut it waaaay down or leave it out altogether. Most restaurant food tastes salty, not to mention canned soups! Ugh! My MIL did some spinning for a time, although I think she gave it up in favor of spending the time knitting. I tried to learn to spin, but never really got the hang of it! I only had 1-2 lessons, though. I'm with you on the instant gratification - I must have 2-3 unfinished sweaters laying around, plus a baby blanket I started for my baby cousin (who is now 16!).

Weezle - Hang in there! Don't get stressed about your diet now, too - more stress is what you DON'T need right now! Just do the best you can to take good care of yourself, and tackle it again when you feel able.

Everyone have a lovely day on the beach!

Last edited by H-ko; 08-29-2005 at 05:03 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:00 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

So much cheeriness first thing in the morning! Oy!

I'm barely up and trying to get my head together for the week. Coffee and doggie breakfast is first, of course. I ran out of my dog food so the Girls and I will be having scrambled eggs on ww toast this morning. I usually give them sardines when I run out but Lucy goes for bloodwork this morning and the poor vet tech doesn't need fishy doggie kisses!

Back in a bit once I get the day cranked up.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:57 AM   #3  
RNMOM

Default Good morning!

Wow, I can't believe I'm up this early. Been a sleepless night here....don't know why, maybe it's because I start school this week and am nervous. No one my age should be in college.....I'm older than some of my instructors!

Anyhooo, enough whining! Had a busy week last week and so I'm slowly catching up on posts. How have you all been anyway? I can report that I've been faithful with exercise but not so faithful with phase 1, I'm always glad when I have a few days away from the ER so I can control my environment a bit.

We're enjoying some nice warm weather here. Not too anxious to see the cold come so I'm trying to soak up all the sun I can.

Ruth, hope you have a great day.

Hko, eekkk, spiders...........I can't stand those creatures! I must have a can of Raid in every room in the house just in case I see one.

Hope all you sleeping beauties to come have a good day!
Old 08-29-2005, 07:12 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Heather, so glad your throat is better!
Yes, the exhibit was very good, thank you.
Congratulations on the 12 pounds, girl!!

Hey, Ruthie. Give the girls a big hug for me.

RNMom, good luck with school this week! Hon, you're NEVER too old for school! My mom went back to university when she was in her seventies, and scored fantastic marks.

Amy and Kiko, I am OP, and I'm going for a morning walk.

Have a great day, gals...
Old 08-29-2005, 07:45 AM   #5  

Good Morning!!!!
I'm watching the hummingbirds come around the feeder that we hung outside the kitchen windows and enjoying a cup of cawfee..
Another chock full day planned.... will check back later!
Old 08-29-2005, 07:57 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chicks it is 8:45 here and the house is a buzz with activity.... Have I mentioned I can't wait til next Tuesday when school goes back!!!! I have mostly boys here today and my goodness they are loud. And it is too early to punish my neighbours with their loudness. I went and got groceries yesterday and the cupboards and fridge are full of healthy OP foods once again. I also picked up school lunch stuff as well. I am back to phase one again. I had a omlette made with green and red peppers, spinach and turkey bacon and just a bit of cheese and I am having my tea. Plans for the day to do some cooking for the week and of course trying to keep on top of the house as the worldwinds trash this place in seconds.

Ellis- Morning chick I see you are back on the phase one wagon, enjoy your walk chick.

RNMom- I am jealous I wish I could go back to school but right know it is just not in my future, but now that I know Ellis' mom went back at 70 I guess there is still hope for me.

Ruth- good morning chick, boys your dogs eat better than my kids do. Hope you have a great day.

H-ko- I am not really afraid of spiders but I don't think I could handle knowing there might be a chance that one would walk over me in my sleep. CONGRATS on the 2 pound loss.

Well I must dash for a minute and find some duct tape there are a few boys who need it. I heard that was against the law.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:58 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

Morning Schatzi we were posting at the same time. I love hummingbirds. Hope you have a great day.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:30 AM   #8  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning chicks

There's no way that I can address everybody like H-ko did (I type too slow).
it sounds like you all had a nice weekend.

The Vineyard Fest was so much fun . There was unlimited wine tasting from several companies . Chateau Elan has about 5-6 different restaraunts and each one had there own booth with unlimited free food: there were some non OP foods (which I will not mention) but my favorites were the grilled sesame shrimp with wheat linguine in a spicey sauce , the spicey chicken ceaser salad and the Pialla (sp?). They even had a live jazz band. Then we came home and went swimming.

Yesterday DH helped me hang a "Portafino" tapestry in the dining room and a garden one in the bathroom (their pics added to http://community.webshots.com/user/rnsilvia ). I did some yardwork and then relaxed in the pool with a glass of Riesling!! I didn't miss work one bit

I should be picking up my new car this afternoon (it was supposed to come in over the weekend) so hopfully the dealer will call this morning to say "It's here!!!!!" I'm so excited (can you tell? )

H-ko~~ Congrats on losing the 12 pounds

Ellis~Glad you enjoyed the Pompeii Exhibit. I visited Pompeii several years ago and was amazing!!

Schatzi~~I love relaxing and watching the butterflies and hummers in the garden. It sounds like you are enjoying The South.

LC~~Have fun with your little ones

RN Mom~~Enjoy the cooler weather!!

Ruth~~Good luck at the vet. Hope to be hearing about new puppies real soon.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:31 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Hope that all our chicks are safe in the henhouse,especially in the New Orleans area.Sending prayers and possitive: vibes for all in that area.

We're having it hot & humid again,{brought my weight up} again,its more humid as the temps are low in the 70's.

H-KO=Thanks for the congrats, Hope the humidity leaves and bring it back down.The veggie soup I think has helped, and a great way to get your veggies in. My DS is not in the 20's hes 33 years old,and hasn't grown up.Thank Goodness he's a bachlor and doesn't have a family to take care of.Yikes!!!! Spider Season Yikes!!! Where do you live, I saw a few daddy long legs in my kitchen a month a go,but they were after the ants that invaded my house.Hope you get rid of them. Sorry about losing your ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's

Ruth=Have a wonderful day,see you later

RNMom=Don't be nervous your do great,even though you among the younger sect.Sending some : your way and hoping you find your ZZZZZZZZZ's soon.

Hi Eliis= see you later

Schatzi=Its that wonderful, hummingbirds, I saw one this season. How do you feed them????????? Enjoy you coffee

Little Chick=you have your hands full with the boys.Hope things will quite down a little for you. Good Luck on Phase 1. Have a nice day

Hi Sil we must of posted at the same time or I'm a slow poster.

See you later chicks. Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 08-29-2005 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:34 AM   #10  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey everyone! I woke up late!! I had planned to be on campus working on stuff right about now. Oops!! Good news: Not only have I lost the 6 lbs I put on this month from vacation and other such indiscretions, but I've lost it all plus two more since being back on P1. Yeah!!! It's been so long since I've seen my ticker move past 210. I was goona wait and weigh on thursday but I couldn't and am glad!

H-ko: Congrats on your weightloss!! Doesn't that feel great!! I bet you look amazing. Glad to see you back here.

Ruth: At least your vet gets kisses ! Mine gets ugly teeth, snarls, and even bites.. ops: .

Rnmom: You are going to do great. The "traditional" young student is no longer the norm anymore. In fact at my university they comprise only 25% of the student body, it's about 40% nationwide. You are in good company and are making a great decision. Way to go!!

ellis: Way to go for staying OP. You are doing great!!! Keep it up!

schazi: I love humming birds!! Sounds like you have a great place down there! Way to go on all the weight you've lost recently! WooHoo!!

littlechick: OP food in the house makes it soooo much easier. I find if I have to actually cook something I think twice before I eat it. The only munchables here are raw veggies and ricotta or cottage cheese. I'm on P1 again too for another week.

Last edited by pearshape; 08-29-2005 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:36 AM   #11  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Oh, I forgot to add: last night I bought one of those GT express thingies!! I can't wait to cook with it. I got suckered but those infomercials for the last year or so and have always wanted one so I just bought it. Can't wait to get it. Anyone else have one??

Hey 2BFit and beach bum, we posted at the same time. Have a great day!
Old 08-29-2005, 08:53 AM   #12  

Good morning ladies!

As for me, I had a horrible eating weekend and I am feeling the hangover this morning to prove it! But, back on program today. I'm already sipping my water.

I woke up late this morning, so I couldn't fix breakfast. I ate some nuts to get me through and I have a some cheese to eat a little later. I just didn't want to go without eat ANYTHING. Lunch will get me back on track.

I had a great weekend. DS finally got a sandbox from MIL for his birthday that was at the end of July. (In her defense she has been sick). He loved playing in that sandbox. BONUS, I got to read while he was playing. Very enjoyable. We spent some time in the pool, too. It was a lovely relaxed weekend.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:54 AM   #13  
Kyemom

Morning Beach babes!!
Pear- What is the GT express thing?
Ruth- I am keeping my fingers crossed on the blood work!!
RnMom-I too am back in college (at 31)....I was surprized at the # of people my age!!! What are you studying?
Ellis- Congrats on the lbs!!
LC- hope you have a bit of sanity today.
Schatzi- I love Humming birds...enjoy watching them, they are so much fun.
H-KO- Spiders..yikes, I hate spiders....I keep getting the chills just thining about them.
Everyone else, good morning, and sorry for not posting to everyone.
My Mom lives in Gulfport, MS, and has evacuated to Birmingham, AL....Praying her house is not demolishedI had a pretty good weekend. Stayed OP except for dinner sat night, but did not eat very much. I am waiting until Wednesday to weigh in. I will check back soon!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:09 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

I am here for one more quick second. I think I am going to go totally insane, the kids are into a big game of something.....not even sure what they are playing but they are using the whole house. One has a fort in the dining room which is on end of the house and the others are using the front porch which is on the other end of the house. They are capturing people from one side and taking them to the other. It is such a nice quiet game. But atleast they are using their imginations. Well I am off to the kitchen which is the only room not is use, to start my cooking for the week.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:20 AM   #15  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Sounds like everyone is chipper! I just dropped DS off at school. YIPPEEEEE! School starts today. WOOHOOOO! Anyhow -

I'm so far so OP! I didn't get up at 5:30 when my alarm went off so I will have to walk after work today. But I did get DS off clean, dressed nice, all his crapola, and morning snacks early to school. So one hurdle down. Exercise later will work out just fine. I believe we have football tonight so I can walk to it and that should be a 45 minute walk.

Ellis - Good for you! Get out there walking. You're already ahead of me for the day. My doc switched me to a controlled release depression med and I believe it is cause me not to sleep at night. I'm hoping it levels off cause I am feeling better overall, but this not sleeping until 3 or 4 isn't working very well. I thought the not sleeping was due to too much green tea but that isn't the case.

H-ko - I'm on day 7 right now and it is working. I have to wait until day 10 to see the full result which will be Thursday. I had such a deep V wrinkle that they may have to do some more later on but they wanted to see how I did with the botox (rashes, etc) before they put more in. It has really relaxed the area and today when I try to squeeze it together I really have to squeeze to get even a little impression. Of course when it is your hard earned money you don't want to see any impression at all!!! But overall I'm happy with it. They also gave me a sample of a Vitamin C based liquid to use as an antioxidant. It works like a champ. My freckles are dissappearing! My skin is very fair so any blemish really shows and this stuff is basically erasing any discoloraztion (sp?) on my face. I could really get hooked on that stuff.

Little chick - House full of boys! I'm always amazed when I see a little girl sitting and playing quietly. I stare like I've never seen anything like that before in my life.

2bfit - The wine trip sounds heavenly. Glad you had fun.

Everyone else - HI

I've got a 10 am across town so I have to run. I'll peck back in later.
Closed Thread