100 lb. Club - The Biggest Loser 2 House Party

View Full Version : The Biggest Loser 2 House Party

howie6267
08-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Hey everyone we were selected to have a online house party for the Biggest Loser 2. They had a signup on there site and they picked us. Here is what they say you get.

*Get a FREE party package that includes a special DVD
featuring the premiere episode and a variety of gifts
from The Biggest Loser such as: yoga mats with carrying
cases, workout towels, jump ropes, yoga straps, fitness
guides, and free issues of Women's Health, Men's Health
and Prevention magazines"

So what happens is we have people over to watch plus we post pictures video and coments online. We want to invite you all to be online guest of the party. Don't know all the details yet but we will let you know how to be a part of it soon.

UPDATE 8-29-05
The House Party is Saturday, September 10th, starting at 6:00pm.

boiaby
08-27-2005, 06:06 PM
How cool Howie!! Can't wait to hear more details, this should be fun and I'm really looking forward to The Biggest Loser 2!

Beverly

SuchAPrettyFace
08-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Count me in. I already did some research & have one from each team I am rooting for. :)

lessofsarahtolove
08-27-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm in! Very, very cool!!

taekwondomom
08-28-2005, 02:17 AM
Sounds fun. Didn't watch the show last season but definitely will this year!

DeterminedInGA
08-28-2005, 11:08 AM
I love that show! Count me in also!

mezmerize
08-28-2005, 11:58 AM
That sounds great what motivation!! I'm in!

Sandi
08-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Well, how cool. Count me in!!

Sheila53
08-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Me, too! I went to the website to look up the contestants. I am, however, a mite ticked that they are all in their 20s or early 30s. I guess the demographics call for that, but I'd like to see a little grey hair among the bunch. That former NYPD blonde is beautiful! She's going to look even more hot by the time the contest ends.

barbygirl43
08-29-2005, 02:07 PM
that is so awesome. I have no service at home so won't be able to join y'all.

marbleflys
08-29-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm looking forward to the show, The doctor works in my building, I haven't seen him recently (there are aobut 4000 in my complex), but remember him being a tremendously large man, he was also quite tall, about 6'3". It seems that the men are much older than the women this season.

I love the show and would try to emulate the contestents, but I don't think I could ever work out that hard, we are talking a complete lifestyle change and huge amounts of time devoted to hard exercise.

Gardenwife
08-29-2005, 09:55 PM
The House Party is Saturday, September 10th, starting at 6:00pm. We're having the "real life" party at 6:00pm, so I guess that's what the online invites will say, too.

We're having fun dreaming up a menu of healthy and delicious foods to serve. I think I will make it finger foods and salads instead of a full dinner. This is going to be a blast! :D

lessofsarahtolove
08-30-2005, 12:34 AM
Ok, so I get WHEN it is -- but how exactly do we hook up? Could you please share a link?

howie6267
08-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Kimberley will post that. She needs to get it set up and send out invatations.

Sandi
08-30-2005, 11:06 AM
:( I have a wedding on the 10th. Boo Hoo - now I'm sad.

howie6267
08-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Bummer Sandi.

Burgie
08-30-2005, 02:42 PM
I love to run on the treadmill during the show....it's great motivation!

Gardenwife
08-31-2005, 10:21 PM
Well, so far I only see where I can invite people one-by-one via e-mail, not a general link to send for our house party. I'm working on it! :)

krysidaisy
08-31-2005, 11:19 PM
Darn, September 10th is dh's birthday. Somebody will fill in those of us who can't participate right?

alphabetsoup
09-02-2005, 02:50 AM
How fun! Congrats for winning! :)

I didn't watch the first season but I've heard so many great things about the show that I think I'll give it a try this season (as long as it doesn't conflict with anything else like Survivor ;) ).

I'll try to attend your party - but the kiddos are still up at that time...so hard to say. ;) :D

Gardenwife
09-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Well, they don't make it very easy to just invite people to view the blog and such. It's a little frustrating, not a user-friendly setup at all!

You can go to the main page (http://www.houseparty.com/bl2/) and register by clicking SIGN UP, then REGISTER. Then click the JOIN US choice on the far right to join as a guest. You'll have access to all the public parties, including ours.

dyintobethin
09-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Im In

wip
09-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Hi guys. I just started on 3FC a few days ago. Just saw this thread. Sounds neat. I didn't watch the show last year but saw an ad and it looks inspiring. Got room for one more? If not, thats ok - I'll just watch. thx

Gardenwife
09-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Were you both able to register at houseparty.com and find our page at the site? We're under the username thehman there.

mezmerize
09-05-2005, 12:13 AM
I was able to register but not able to find your page. :(

DeterminedInGA
09-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Sames with me (I posted this responce earlier - no telling where I actually posted it though! :) )

wip
09-05-2005, 12:42 AM
Don't think I can 'cos I'm Canadian. I have a postal code vs. zip and it wouldn't take it, but kept saying incomplete. Oh well, have a blast!

Gardenwife
09-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Simply put, their site sucks. I would never recommend Houseparty.com to anyone. In their attempt to make it slick with all the Macromedia Flash stuff, they've created a monster! Sorry it's not easier...I can't even see a way to link directly to a page. Nomatter where you go on their interface, the URL remains the same. Big ol' disappointment. :( To top it off, we only got 2 weeks notice and some people here already had plans. We have a few folks coming to the house, at least.

dyintobethin
09-05-2005, 02:29 PM
is there some kind of code you need to join the house party cause im missing something please help

Gardenwife
09-05-2005, 02:45 PM
No, you should be able to go to http://houseparty.com/bl2 and then

1. click SIGN UP
2. click REGISTER
3. click the JOIN US button to register as a virtual guest

You won't be able to find our party that way, though. They don't provide any means for people to find a specific party unless you've received an invitation and registered through it.

So, everyone, private message me your e-mail address if you want an invitation.

And if you're not free Saturday night, that's fine! It's not just open during the party time -- you'll be able to view stuff before and after the event.

Gardenwife
09-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Woo! We just got a call from someone at Houseparty.com phoning on behalf of NBC. They wanted to know if we'd be the representative hosts from the Columbus area! They loved Howie's website and our stories, and want to have an interview with us by the local NBC affiliate and the newspaper. :faint: It'll either be on the phone or here during the party on Saturday evening.

PRESSURE! :fr:

I've gotta get my butt in gear and really clean tonight and tomorrow, then clean up the yard and patio on Friday! Ack!

I'm so ever-lovin' proud of Howie, though, and am really excited that he'll be able to encourage people with his story!

Jillegal
09-07-2005, 11:04 PM
That's fabulous news, Kimberley. Wow, we know real TV celebrities!! Wish I could join in all the festivities on-line and watch the show live on the tube, but I won't be available during the evenings for the next little while. I will catch up and read all the posts about the show and your party, though. Oh, and you MUST provide a link to the newspaper story. Won't that be great if Howie's interview/your party will be on local TV, too!! Wheeeeee!! :D

I guess you can't ask Howie to help you with all the cleaning seeing as he's resting his back... :^:

wip
09-07-2005, 11:32 PM
WOW :bravo: How exciting, amazing and exhausting. Way to go. I still need to have a peek at your site. I don't know what Saturday will bring as my mom is coming up for a visit now. As I mentioned, the site wouldn't let me register anyways as I am up in Canada (or can't navigate the site...hard to say) Have a great time. You deserve all the attention you can get for your achievements. For future reference though, how do you PM?

Gardenwife
09-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Click on a person's username and you'll see a menu drop down with choices. One of them is to send a private message to the user. As far as their website and your Canadian address goes, bummer! What if you put in some US address? They should be more friendly to our friends up North!!

newfiedarling
09-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Wow how exciting for you both - great things happening to two great people!

~Dee

lessofsarahtolove
09-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Kimberley! I am so STOKED for you guys! SO exciting! Hey, I joined -- I'm still planning on doing whatever it is we do at this virtual house party! :lol: I'm thinking noone's going to pass me a bowl of pretzels, right? :lol: Kimberley, I know you have my email already, but I PM'd you anyway, just so you know that I'm still planning on participating. It's a date, babe! :D

Gardenwife
09-08-2005, 10:37 PM
We're pretty stoked, too! Right now, I'm stoked and sweaty...And I'm not even done vacuuming the office yet. LOL

No calls from "the media" yet, but from what I gather, they could call the day of the event, even. Guess we won't screen our calls that night. ;)

Sarah, you know we're coming to Baltimore Wednesday night for a day? Howie got accepted to Johns Hopkins! See that other thread about his back!

Gardenwife
09-09-2005, 03:58 AM
Looks like they've added a way to make a link to our party's page. I think it works even if you're not logged into their site. Give it a try (http://www.houseparty.com/bl2/index_public.php?id=410&back=1) and let me know. *crossing fingers*

alphabetsoup
09-10-2005, 11:08 AM
That's so cool you guys!!! How exciting! I checked out the page and it looks VERY cool! :) WTG!

Jen415
09-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Good luck tonight with the party--we want a full report after it's over!!

Gardenwife
09-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Hey, the Newark Advocate did a couple phone interviews with us and sent a photographer out. Unfortunately, most of the guests arrived after he left! The story should be in tomorrow's paper. He did get shots of Howie and I getting into his old pants. Once we got in them, I had to hold myself up on Howie's brother...We couldn't move our feet at all. It was definitely easier the first time we did that, before Howie had his back injury. HOpe that photo was worth it. :^:

I'll have to post the photographer's shot - no one else got one! No one else would have known how to use our cameras, though I'm sure the photographer would have taken one if I'd asked.

Sandi
09-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Sorry I didn't check in last night, we got to home so late, I just went right to bed. Took a look at the site, pretty cool. One question - someone was watching a weigh in? What was that? Did you get a preview of what the rest of us will see on Tuesday?

howie6267
09-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Yes they sent us a DVD of the whole show. Except it did not show the very last weigh in which would tell you what team one. Guess they want to make sure everyone still watches on Tuesday. Dirty dogs.