Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 04:52 PM   #1  

Default Countdown to 175

Several of the threads here center around people who are trying to reach a certain weight. Unfortunately for me, I didn't discover 3FC until I was under 200. So, I don't have a 'home' even though I will have lost 100 lbs when I reach goal. Now, that several of us are at and/or below 200, is anyone interested in having a 'Countdown to 175' thread? I'm currently between 185-190. However, at the rate that I'm going, I'll be on this thread for a while.
Old 06-13-2001, 10:30 PM   #2  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Congratulations Swan... Yes, you should start this thread.. I just started a 200 thread here because I like coming here rather than the countdowns forums. But hopefully I'll be joining you someday - maybe on lifetime

Good Luck - you're doing TERRIFIC!!!!
Kim
239/223/140
Old 06-13-2001, 11:40 PM   #3  

Thanks Kim. And I'll look forward to having you here, especially since I'll still probably be here. I visit the other boards and if memory serves me correctly, you have asthma, right? Are you doing better? I have asthma also, but thankfully it has been under control for several years now. I hope that you will soon get some relief.
Old 06-13-2001, 11:52 PM   #4  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Yes, I have asthma - it was under control since childhood until last year. I'm going to a homepathic doctor now to try to handle it that way - all the medications don't seem to work anymore. At least this week I am breathing MUCH better. My husband is happy to get a full night's sleep without me barking in his ear.
Off to bed now - catch you later.
Kim
Old 06-14-2001, 06:59 AM   #5  
Nerd

Swan -
I'd be happy to hang around with you for a while on a Countdown To 175 thread. I'm currently at 193, so it should take me until August or so to get there. Let's go!

Polly Prissypants
43.2 pounds lost since 2/3/01
236.4/193.2/135
Old 06-14-2001, 12:27 PM   #6  

Hey Polly - So happy to meet you. Would you believe that my initial weight, weight loss and weight goal are almost identical to yours? I started at 235.2 and my goal is also 135. What's your height? If you are around 5' 2" then you're my long lost twin! The only difference is that your weight loss has been much, much faster than mine. For a long time I have maintained around this weight (with 186 as my lowest weight in several years). I'm hoping to bust through and I'd like to be as close to 175 as possible by the beginning of fall. I have refocused on the program and will continue to exercise. I look forward to getting to know you! Welcome, welcome!
Old 06-14-2001, 02:57 PM   #7  
Nerd

Well, Swan, it's great to meet you - looks like we were separated at birth! I like to say I'm 5 foot 3 "on a good day," but really I'm not much taller than 5'2". Let's hope that we can motivate each other to get beyond that plateau you seem to be having and down to the next point range! I weigh in on Saturday morning (which also happens to be my birthday! ) So I'll let you know then how I'm doing. I'll tell you a little more about myself when I have a few minutes - right now I have to run and pick a friend up from the airport. Catch you later!

Polly Prissypants
Old 06-14-2001, 09:17 PM   #8  

Happy Birthday to you! Ok, now this is REALLY wierd. I have a June birthday and this year my birthday also falls on a Saturday!!!! This is unreal. For a while there I was thinking that I might be a multiple personality posting to myself, but then I realized - I'm not picking up anyone from the airport. Just an example of my crazy sense of humor.
Old 06-14-2001, 10:14 PM   #9  
Nerd

Talking

*snort* Hee hee, Swan, that's awesome!
You are now my new best friend; I will follow you around for life. Have you seen Single White Female?

OK, OK, I'm just kidding. I'm not a psycho stalker, nor do I play one on TV. But I'm tickled to have so much in common with you. Happy b-day to you, too - we Geminis do have those "twin" moments - this must be one of 'em.

So - how are we doing this week? What's your next goal, or what are you looking to accomplish (water, journaling, etc.) in your program? How can I help you?

I am hoping to hit my 2nd 10% on Saturday (1.2 lbs away.) I've decided that I'm going to bring flowers to my meeting for the leader and weighers, receptionists, etc. to enjoy, just because I appreciate how excellent and supportive they've been. (I do sappy stuff like that on my birthdays. Goofy, yes, but it makes me feel good.)

I hope you have a delightful weekend. Later! - PPP
Old 06-15-2001, 12:52 AM   #10  

This week, I have been doing well program wise. I have journalled amd eaten within point range. I have also exercised, but exercise is not a problem for me. Today, I even wore a pair of shorts that I had not worn in years. But it is hard for me to commit to continued journalling. So, this is my main goal until Labor Day (see 'Labor Day Challenge' thread). I figure that if I meticulously journal, I should make progress towards that 175.

I'm sending you good vibes for your weigh-in on Saturday. I hope that you reach that 2nd 10% goal. I am following the program at home, but do not weigh every week. It is very easy for me to focus too much on the scale's number and not other positive indicators of healthier living.

What size are you wearing now (if it's not too personal)? I am a 14/16 W and have been for some time. I was looking at some of my old clothes from my thin days and I remembered thinking then that I was so fat and I wasn't even close. I can't wait to wear those clothes again!

Have a great weekend! Do you have special plans for your birthday?
Old 06-15-2001, 09:50 PM   #11  

I popped on the scale this morning and weighed in at 189.5 so I am 14.5 pounds away from 175. If I actually follow the program and continue with the exercise, it is possible for me to reach 175 by Labor Day. I'll just be happy to pass the halfway point to goal at 175.2. Off to drink glasses 7-9 of my daily water.

Have a good on program weekend!

235.2/189.5/175 by Labor Day/135
Old 06-20-2001, 12:02 AM   #12  

My official weigh-in was 189. So I have 14 pounds to go (wonder how many years it will take me???).
Old 06-21-2001, 01:07 PM   #13  

Way to go on your weigh in, Swan! I hope I'm not being too forward in just jumping in, but I'm working my way down to 175 too. In fact, I'd like to be there within a few weeks. I'm not another long-lost twin, don't worry! I'm 5'9" and started out at 292.6. Yikes! But that was over a year and a half ago.

By fall, I'm dearly hoping to be at my goal, which is about 165. I haven't set my goal yet precisely because I haven't been truly thin since I was about 7 yrs old and I was a lot less than 5'9" then . However, I'm currently 180.4 as of two days ago and the clothes I've bought over the last little while have been either 14 regular or 13. So I know I'm getting fairly close. I actually had a pair of size 11 jeans on for kicks and even got the zipper done up, but if I had sneezed someone might have been killed by tightly stretched flying denim!

Have a great week!
Flib
292.6/180.4/165ish
Old 06-21-2001, 04:32 PM   #14  

Flib - Welcome, welcome! And congratulations to you for all the weight that you've lost. Applause, applause. Did you even think that you'd be so close to goal? How has your life changed? What's the best part about your weight loss? The worst part? Please share your wisdom with us.

I'm still plugging away and trying my best to eat within point range.
Old 06-25-2001, 08:49 AM   #15  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all,
Poor Swannee, didn't realize you were "homeless". You're welcome on any thread, with your insight and sensitive personality.

thanks for starting this thread. I like the "under 200" crew, too, but it's nice to see some other options. And, I could sure use a kick in the pants to get back on track. So far I've been holding the "between 180-190" area cause I can't seem to deal with my jusband's job loss and be OP at the same time. 175 would ba a good place to be. Ceptin' I'd be nekkid cause my shorts would fall off.

Gotta run. I'm going to dust off my journal and try again.
Closed Thread