Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-27-2005, 07:47 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wekend Chat - August 27th and 28th

Good Morning

Its a really pretty day today, the weather is just wonderful. Today I'm having DD's 4th B/Day party. The theme is Cinderella For once I'm not cooking and we are having it catered. I can't tell you what a relief it has been not stressing over the food. Parties are great but when you have to shop, cook, clean, it can be very stressful.

Whats everyone got planned for the weekend?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:38 AM   #2  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning everyone, today we're working on DS and GF's room (the conversion of our garage). We got everything out of it and found storage elsewhere (mostly in DH workshop garage - temp till we build a shed). DH go the window in and framed where another window will go when we add a new garage to the front of the house next summer.

We're in the process of a 2nd mortgage to pay off all personal loans and had just done a first mrtgage 6 months ago (yes, we should have done it all at once). The appraisal came back $14000 higher than it did 6 months ago - same appraiser. Boy I wish felt richer. Anyway, the loan will be done this week and it's oging to make paying bills a snap. Mortgages, car loan, and utilities. Oh, it'll also lower the interest tremendously and be tax deductible. I'm pleased we're doing this. The new garage is going to be paid for cash next summer from monthly savings on doing the second mortgage. BTW, I used to create credit card **** and financial messes being bipolar. It is the biggest relief to be financially secure. Until the the last 2 years, we weren't. Now we see an end with the mortgages and car loan for retirement. I admit I sleep soundly at night now. I didn't in the past. Okay enough rambling on that. It's just that the clean conscience from paid bills and good financial outlook makes me happy.

I saw to movies at the base last night - Bewitched and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I didn't like either one, but bas movies are free so nothing was lost DS's GF and I went out for the evening. That part was nice.

Well it's getting to be time to do home remdeling again. I don't know about all of you, but after a day of pounding nails and that stuff, I ache. So I'm not looking forward to it too much. But we only have 3 weeks left before DS and GF move in. Lots of work to do.

I'll check in later. TTYL.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 12:23 PM   #3  

Default Finally a moment to sit down

HI everyone!

I worked that week of days and enjoyed it very much.....last night we had 3 sick calls for evenings so I stayed and did a double.....16 hours .......this morning I am off for a few hours and then I work this evening...........then off for a few days........My interview is Tuesday morning at 10.........say a little please for me!

Lazy day.........before work........gonna read the paper, have 2 cups of coffee and do a little reading to prep for my interview.......

Tomorrow...........I am having a BBQ to wrap up the summer.....with my family............sister here from out of town.........so gotta run to costo today before work or tomorrow morning.............haven't decided what to have for the meat.......any ideas.............hubby is saying hamburgers and hotdogs.......and some chicken for those of us that like real food..........

Anyway everyone is bringing a salade and a dessert......so I am providing the meat, bread, punch.............and a reasonably clean house.........we broke it up in zones and it is working.

Be well

Peace LIz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 05:02 PM   #4  
I CAN DO THIS

Hi Everyone

We just got home from a My friends childrens (4 of them) birthday party at the zoo. It was really fun. Almost everyone that was invited showed and the kids got lots of presents and had 2 awesome cakes.

It kind warm outside still in the 80's here.. It was said to rain but hasn't yet.

Still have alot of cleaning to do. I am hoping to have everything unpacked, gone thru and in it's spot by next weekend. I more or less have the basement to do for the house and then the garage and the yard need work.. Hopefully the weekend after Labor Day and can have a yard sale and make a little extra money and get rid of some things... what doesn't sell is going straight to good will.

My weight and exercise went up in the air again lol I can never stay at or in the 130's i always bounce back up into the lower 140's. i gained 4 lbs but i'm sure by next week i will be back down again i hope..

Hope everyone has a good weekend... what else does everyone have planned?

/hugs
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang

hope everybody is having a great weekend!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:19 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Its a wet gloomy day here in Jersey. But yesterday was perfect, breezy and around 80. Couldn't have asked for a better day. DD's b/day party went well, we had lots of fun.

Today I'm pooped. I need to do laundry and clean the house from yesterday's mess but nothing to crazy which is nice.

How's everyone today?
Old 08-28-2005, 12:20 PM   #7  

Having about 18 for supper.........gonna do a touch up tidy.......not too bad around here today with the zones.......since nobody asked......house is broken done to weekly rotating zones with some jobs that stay the same.......for instance BR's and bedrooms.

I went to Costoco yesterday and got lots of things......have to make one more run to safeway after I have done the base work.

Glad the party did well Leens........it is a lot of work.

Hi Cathy

Steph always lots of work to do.

Marie don 't work too hard.

Have a great day everyone.........it is beautiful here.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 03:23 PM   #8  
Walking by faith

Default Hello Ladies...

I've been meaning to check in for a while

My son has finally been moved to his 'temporary home'..for the next 9-12 months at least. He's in a correctional facility in SW GA, about 50 miles due north of Tallahassee, FL. He seems to be doing o.k. so far. He's on a waiting list for classes to earn his GED, plus he's been going to 12 step classes for drug abusers. Please keep him in your prayers..his name is Matt. I went off my Lexapro..I think it was actually doing more harm than good (weight loss wise). So far, so good. My weight has been at a standstill...but at least I'm not gaining

Welcome to all of our newbies . You'll love it here!

Leenie: How was Grace's birthday party? I hope you survived all those 4 year olds

Liz: You sound really busy. Hope you enjoyed your company. I'll be thinking of you Tuesday @ 10

MMarie: I'm glad you're going to be able to restructure your debt. I'm sure that's a big load of your minds

Stephanie: Hope you get settled into your new place soon

Cathy: I've been thinking of you and your family. Are you going to evacute for Katrina, or stay and ride it out? Please let us know what's happening. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 03:50 PM   #9  
I CAN DO THIS

Good Afternoon Ladies..

Just popping in.. I had all these plans to clean and then fell asleep on the couch with my daughter on the floor.. Trying to get moving now...

Hope Everyone has a good day

/hugs
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 03:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang!

joanne - you are too sweet! we are right outside of Lake Charles. if the hurricane goes in at New Orleans like they are predicting we should be fine. If it does not take the turn it is suppose to, we will be a bunch of sitting ducks. Poor New Orleans - it is gonna be bad if it hits there! This storm is BAD!!!!!!

the roads and highways and stores are crazy around here with everybody coming from New Orleans. goodness!

Joanne - I promise that I will be praying for Matt! hopefully the programs at this temporary home will be beneficial to him!!! I will be praying!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:23 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Joanne, Matt is in my prayers, you too!

Stephanie some times we just need a break

Liz, 18.... lordy girl, you have fun. I am a slug today, did NOTHING but laundry and clean my counter tops off

Cathy hopefully the hurricane will snuff itself out before hitting the US.

Hey, did you all see the new WW's commercial. I like it. Its got one of Cher's songs in the background but its got all these different size women just enjoying themselves....hard to explain, you gotta see it.

Oh well gotta take a shower and get DD ready for bed. 4:30 comes quick, ick.

Hugs!!!
Old 08-28-2005, 10:40 PM   #12  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Cathy, you're in my prayers. I just looked at the news headlines and it looks terrifying. How far away from New Orleans is Lake Charles? That stomr looked mammoth.

Leenie, I hope you enjoyed your day of laundry and rest. Sometimes that is the nicest way to spend a weekend day. Especially after a b-day party.

Stephanie, ohhhh, the floor sounds so comfortable. Hope you had a great evening.

Joanne, your son and you are in my prayers. I glad that he is seeking to improve his life while he's there. That has to be a relief for you.

Liz, are you slightly insane?!?!?! Eighteen for dinner. I'd do that only if it were catered and somewhere but my house. I'm glad that you zone cleaning is working. That's got to be a help with your crazy schedule.

We have where the garage door was all walled in and sided. We went to town both days this weekend. Guess where??? Home Depot. Another 300 bucks. I have about 200 left in the budget. Hopefully we're getting to the end of the purchases. Home improvement is expenses.

On a good note, we went hiking with the dogs this morning and I made it all the way up our mountain trail without stopping. That was a major accomplishment. I've been eating really good - probably not enough but I'm still a little sick from last week's 5 day long headache and I get nauseous easy. Hopefully a few more pound will melt away while I don't want to eat. I'm enjoying this since I'm a piggie usually.

Well, have a great night and my prayers are with the people in Katrina's path (and Matt, too).
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote