100 lb. Club - Monday's the day!

View Full Version : Monday's the day!

tolose85
08-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Hey everybody! Monday will be 6 weeks since baby Carson arrived. My check up is on Wednesday so I am starting back on plan Monday. I'll measure and weigh in on Sunday, post that shocking info and away I'll go. I got the Leslie Sansone DVD 1 2 & 3 miles. I'm READY!!!!! I've got to get some items at the grocery store. I am excited. See you on Monday!!!!!!!!!

barbygirl43
08-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Welcome back gretchen. I look forward to reading about your many upcoming successes. :)

Charbar
08-26-2005, 05:11 PM
Gretchen.. you are so good! Elijah is almost 7 months old.. and I'm .. well.. I'm posting ;)

All the best to you sweetie!

boiaby
08-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Yay! It will be good to have you back with us in full force Gretchen. I'm glad to see you're so pumped to get back into the swing of things, I'm sure it will make the transition much easier. BTW, baby Carson is six weeks already?! It goes sooooo fast!

Beverly

famograham
08-26-2005, 05:44 PM
YAY Gretchen!!! :)

Can't wait to have you back!

Linda

missaprylj
08-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Good luck Gretchen! :)

Sheila53
08-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Wow! Carson is already six weeks old--amazing!

Looking forward to seeing your progress, and to seeing more baby photos. :)

SuchAPrettyFace
08-27-2005, 02:33 AM
Rooting for you all the way, Gretchen! :)

Jillegal
08-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Wow, its really six weeks since Carson was born?!? How much does he weigh now? Has he settled into a routine? Are you getting your rest? When do you have to go back to work? Are we going to see some more pictures soon? :D

Looking forward to your return (things just haven't been the same around here without you)! :)

tolose85
08-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Yep Jill, Carson will be 6 weeks on Monday! Hes so cute too!! Carson weighs over 6 lbs now! It seems he has settled into a routine... he's actually sleeping at night (knock on wood) Its been a rough time getting him to sleep at night. He was in the hospital for 3 weeks with 'round the clock nursing so when he cried at 3 am... a nurse would pick him up and talk to him etc... It really threw him off. Our peditrician said that he sees that a lot with babies that are in the hospital for an extended period of time. I think... I think... we have it switched over now... :) I will go back to work on September 26. I will have had 12 weeks off. Its been great, but I know its going to be really hard to go back, at the same time, I look forward to getting myself back to a more "normal" schedule, if you can have one as a new mommy!! Here are some new pictures for ya!

DishyFishy
08-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Nice piccies! He's looking strong and healthy. :)

boiaby
08-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Awwww, what a cutie-pie! I think he favors his daddy a lot, what do you guys think?? How sweet, thanks for sharing some new pics!!

Beverly

SuchAPrettyFace
08-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Awwwwww @ pics. :)

Bev, I think he loks like Gretchen around the eyes & his pop overall. A good mixture.

lessofsarahtolove
08-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Oh, man, Gretchen -- he's SO CUTE!!! Look at that little guy, all propped up on the couch.....so, so, sweet!) Give him a big, big kiss for me, ok?

As for Monday ---- welllllll.....that is very, very exciting! I hereby volunteer to be your on-plan buddy, like back in the day.... :)

I'm excited about you're being back on plan! :dancer:

mezmerize
08-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Gretchen he is so beautiful!!!

Sarah you and Gretchen make one powerful machine!! I look forward to being inspired by your determination!

Sandi
08-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Awww, what a little cutie pie!!!!

Good luck today! It'll be cool to have you back in the mix!

Sheila53
08-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Oh, my, all that hair! He is so sweet, Gretchen.

barbygirl43
08-29-2005, 12:53 PM
he just gets cuter with each pic you post.

hautbois
08-29-2005, 02:54 PM
Gretchen, he's soooooo adorable!!!! Congratulations! And welcome back. I'm with you - can't to get back on track and losing weight again :) Take care

lessofsarahtolove
08-31-2005, 12:12 AM
Gretchen? Oh, Gretchen? Where are you, dude? I'm looking forward to your return! :goodvibes

barbygirl43
08-31-2005, 10:16 AM
I was thinking the same thing Sarah. I hope all is well with you, Gretchen.

famograham
08-31-2005, 04:28 PM
Me too!
Where'd ya go, Gretchen??

We love you...and we want you back ;)

xoxo
Linda

DeterminedInGA
09-04-2005, 08:57 PM
bump!

Gretchen - I read back through some of your old posts and you were so inspirational! (not to say that you're not inspirational now!) I'm looking forward to getting you back in on the weekly weigh-in posts so come on back!

tolose85
09-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi everybody! I am such a dork.. I realized that I pretty much made a mistake in my posting. I guess when you have so much stuff going on, you get confused. Here's what I mean by that. I am starting my journey Monday as in TOMORROW Monday.. 9/5, Labor Day etc. etc. etc. I only had my 6 week appt on Wed, so I don't know what I was thinking I could start 2 days before that. I had to talk to my doc about what I can and can't do, what I can and can't eat, how many calories, exercise etc. So NOW, I'm all ready to go. I went through the entire house, got rid of all the junk and replaced it with all my previous staples. I'll tell you though, its sad, I gained all of it back being pregnant. I totally let myself have whatever I wanted. The good news is, I am more excited and motivated than ever, and I know exactly what to do to get back to the bod I had before getting pregnant. It's going to be FUN, Great, Exciting!! I can't wait. First thing tomorrow morning, Jeremy and I weigh in and measure. I saved all my weekly measurements and weigh ins from the last time, It will be interesting to see how I stack up this time opposed to the last. The one thing that we are doing differently this time is we are taking progress pictures at each weigh with the same outfit each week. Jeremy and I carefully selected our clothing for the weekly photos. Not to pretty I'll tell ya, HOWEVER, after I lose is all, I'll post the starting pictures. It's pretty darn shocking. And if you think I am over exaggerating... Think again.. It's bad brothers and sisters! :) All I know is I am TOTALLY READY to go... WOOOOO HOOOOO :)

Jillegal
09-05-2005, 12:29 AM
Oh, I have no doubt you'll do as well as before and I'm really looking forward to seeing those progress pics! ;) Yeah, its sad you gained it all back, but just think, if you'd gotten pregnant before you lost all that weight, can you imagine what you would weigh now? So, I figure you're already way ahead of the game! :D Welcome back!

howie6267
09-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Boy I've been missing some threads here. Did not see this until today. It is so good to have you back and posting Gretchen. You and Sarah were a big inspiration to me when I got started last year. You both have a lot to offer to people and it will be good to see that back.

I know the weight will start to melt off of you. I also know how hard it is to start over. So just clear your mind of all those mental games and take a deep breath and get back at what you know how to do.

alphabetsoup
09-06-2005, 12:58 AM
What a cute little man!! I love the baby pictures where you have to prop them up in the corner of the chair or couch!! :lol: Those are my favorites. The one with him sleeping is irresistable!

After my daughter was in the NICU for 6 days - her days and nights were completely turned around! Ugh - it took us a couple of weeks but we got her straightened out. :)

Welcome Back! :)

barbygirl43
09-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Welcome back Gretchen. I know you can do this and you sound like you are ready to go.