Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 09:11 AM   #1  

Default **night Owls #10**

Good morning all. Thought I would start another thread as the last one was 2 pages long.

How's it going for everyone? I lost another .5 pounds yesterday and will take that. It was only 4 days on the program, so it was a short week. Now the next weigh in will be in 9 days. I guess that's the disadvantage of having to work shift work, but at least I can get to one of the meetings each wee. Makes a huge difference for me. I really am one that needs to go and weigh in every week to be accountable.

Not too much planned for today. Laundry and cleaning. We're having a garage sale on Saturday. Hope to get rid of some stuff that has been sitting around for a while.

Have a good day. Glad to see some of the regulars coming back, even if it's just to say hi. We don't always feel gabby all the time, and I think that everyone knows that!!

Old 06-13-2001, 07:20 PM   #2  

Hi There Everyone!!

Wow, I finally got on this thing for more than 30 seconds. It seems pretty quiet in the old nest lately. I guess we are all busy enjoying the beautiful weather. As usual I have been off program lately. Yesterday I got back on track though, I keep going up and down 3.5lbs and am getting tired of it, I am going to try to stay on program and get past the point I get studk at which is 195.5(on my scale) this morning I was 203.5(my scale) weight watchers scale is different than mine and I am determined to make my meeting next week.

PJ, don't worry there girl, I am starting to really understand senior moments, I have them quite regularly . How's everything going girl?

Setina, where are you?

EmmyHey there girl, I have missed you. How are things going? Remember take it one day at a time

See Ya
Brenda

Just testing out some of these functions.
Old 06-14-2001, 03:53 PM   #3  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Can't stay, just wanted to post a cute little animation I found on the web while I was looking up some info on a horse that's "cribbing" terribly. Penny will know what i'm talking about.

Here you go..........

Last edited by PJ; 06-15-2001 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-15-2001, 04:17 PM   #4  

Talking

Hi there, just a quickie. Candice, you look fabulous, don't look a day over 30. Don't fall for that old saying that when you lose weight, you look older. You look great and anyone else who tells you different is just jealous.
Old 06-15-2001, 06:33 PM   #5  

Hi There,

Candice, hey you don't need a pool to wear your bathing suit It is soooooo muggy I just can't stand it. Love the picture.

Hey anyone seentara lately? I haven't been here much so maybe I have just missed her but I would love to see you post again tara. Miss Ya!

How is everyone doing?This is my 4th day on program I am really working on it. The weekend will be the challenge though. I really have to work at making sure I am satisfied. It just really seems like alot of work though. I have been taking my lunches to work and avoiding the cafateria. Today and Yesterday I felt like I was cheating so bad I took a marinated chicken thigh and grilled it on my George Foreman grill, 1 cup of stove top, made without butter, 1/4 cup of fat free gravy and a whole can of green beans. Boy did I feel satisfied and it really held me for awhile. This is the only way that I will stay on program, if I put the work into making something that really satisfies me. The problem is, I do good for awhile and then it just seems like too much work and I stop doing it and ofcourse I fall off program.

Well See ya

Bren
Old 06-15-2001, 09:43 PM   #6  

Here is a post from Alley-Ooop from #9. Didn't want anyone to miss it.

All this talk about horses makes me want to tell you my tale of woe for the week. Glad I can look back on it and laugh, though.

Sunday, I went riding for the first time in weeks. (been working too much!) When I was riding more frequently, I bought a great pair of Ariat paddock boots. ---for you non-horsey people, this is one of the major boot makers and paddock boots come up above your ankle---- Anyway, these were the latest ones (got a really great deal and had gift certificates to use!) I think they are called Expeditions or something like that.....SUPER comfortable!! Well, they didn't even need a "break-in" period, they were so comfortable right away! Well, after not riding for a while, the skin on my heels was torn up at the end of the day. Ouch! Two already popped and fire engine red blisters on one heel, and one on the other. I haven't been able to wear shoes with backs all week! I have to walk my older son to kindergarten every day, about a 15 min walk each way (hello! that's an hour a day! LOL, not a job for my sandals, either) and I had to "modify" my sneakers to be able to walk by smooshing down the heel part. How lovely! What is usually a great way for me to get in my exercise became torture for the first couple of days. Phooey! Made a lovely fashion statement at work, too. Luckily, I work at an animal hospital and we're supposed to wear sneakers, but my modified pair, along with the band-aids to cover the ugly boo-boos were laughable. So one day, I decided to use my kids "tattoo" band-aids. They really look like tattoos! So much so that some of my co-workers and our clients actually thought I got tattoos on the backs of my heels!!

PJ: I checked out your link to the stable pictures. Nice place you've got there....and nice equine friends, too!!

Hello to everyone else from a lurker.....LOL to SueBee on your "okay lurkers come on out....I can hear you breathing!!."
Old 06-15-2001, 09:48 PM   #7  

Hi Alley-Oop,

Thanks for stopping by, hope you will join in on a regular basis so we can get to know you. Don't forget we can hear you breathing LOL. Wow what a day you had, the boots sound awesome but I hope your heels heel soon. My 8 year old neice is taking lessons and ended up being dragged by her horse, she is okay thank goodness, just some scrapes. That happened on wednesday and she is all recovered. Anyway, just wanted to say hi there.

Brenda
Old 06-16-2001, 01:13 AM   #8  
Is is spring yet??

Hello ladies!

I am around - mostly lurking - been really busy. I am up so late because my brother got married tonite and I just got home at midnite! I am too pumped up to sleep!!

I am doing ok - nothing new with me. Work is busy, etc. But I try to get here when I can. I lurk alot!!

I have to run - I will be around next week for sure. Its going to be quiet at work.

Here is a pic of my brother and his new bride. I hope you like it!

Tara
Old 06-16-2001, 10:08 PM   #9  

Thumbs down Hi There!!!

Wow, is it hot!! For once I don't feel like eating much, usually the heat or anything else for that matter doesn't stop me from eating.

Candice, yes the frozen meals are great and believe me I do use them a few times a week, just not too often because of the sodium, even though so far sodium doesn't seem to affect me much. What REALLY affects me and I really have to watch out for is not Getting enough fat. I am one of those people who can go almost totally fat free as long as I can eat plenty of it but every time I find myself doing that, My weightloss totally stops, as soon as I add some fat it starts down again, I just add a little like 1T of butter or some real salad dressing or whatever and it seems to do the trick. I remember when I did nutri-system years ago that one of the requirements was to add 1tsp of oil to your salad everyday.

Tara, so glad to see your post, we have missed you. I was hoping everything was okay with you. I am not around much either, just no time. But i am trying to do a bit better. I have not done well on program but the last 5 or 6 days I have done well and the scale is finally moving a little bit.

PJ I don't know if you got my last e-mail or not but I wanted to let you know that I may be in Florida September 22-29, we are just trying to get finalized now. It is a special my sister found out about where each child accompanied by an adult gets free airfare, hotel, and disney world entrance. So It will be my sister and her husband and their 2 kids and my mother and I and my 2 kids, that way all the kids will go free. We will be staying right inside the park. Anyway, knowing my sister, our itineraries(sp?) will be quite full but I am hoping you and I can get together for lunch or dinner or something? It would be soooo cool to finally meet my owl bud. I will let you know when it is finalized.

Judygal & Emmy, how you gals doing?

Hello to everyone else,

Brenda
Old 06-17-2001, 03:16 AM   #10  

Default I do the no fat thing too!

Hi Bren...I am guiltyof not eating any fat also and I have to watch that! I just use some olive oil or a light salad dressing but have to remember to add it! I don't want to get used to using butter again!

You really do have to plan to eat healthy..it is so easy to just pick up anything

A picture of my veggie garden lookng out my kitchen window Can't wait to harvest it..Fresh tomatoes..Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 06-17-2001, 03:47 PM   #11  

Hi Owls,
My it has been quiet around here, I haven't been online in over a week and was surprised not to see an overwhelming amount of posts to read. I have been working some long hours. But, thankfully the 12 hour days are over for the summer anyway.
We have been having a heat wave 90 or above for the last 3 days. Yuk!! I like nice weather but this is to much for me, I will take 75 anyday!!!!.

PJ - did you find any helpful info on the cribbing?? Would love to see the pictures of the barn, How do I find them?

Alley- oop - I have had the same pair of Ariats for 5 years and never had any problems, The only thing is you have to be careful they break at the seams alot, keep them well conditioned and watch the seams I have had to have mine restitched twice now. So how did you get the blisters?, did you wear them without any socks on??? Hope you feel better soon.

Candice, You look great!! and I love your garden, mine is not so nearly well taken care of, usually don't do much until the weeds get so thick I can't find the fruits and veggies

Take care all gotta run
Old 06-17-2001, 09:46 PM   #12  
Teacher chick

Hi Girls!

Now that I have more computer time, I am going back and reading past posts, so I can get caught up. I hope all the husbands had a nice Father's Day. My headaches are seldom now.. I wish Setina would post because we found a medication that really helps me.

I hope you guys have a great week ahead.

Old 06-17-2001, 10:29 PM   #13  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Hey There Owls!!!

It is so good to see ALL of youposting...... I have been away from the computer since Thursday and am trying to play catch up...so here goes......

TARA ...Love your Picture ...your brother is very handsome and DOES look somewhat like George Clooney. They both look very happy and I hope they will always stay that way!!SO what I want to know is where is a apicture of you and Paul??? I am waiting.....

BREN...Your meal sounds wonderful...what a great idea!! I know what youmean about the planning thing...that is where I always slop up...when I get lazy. I am trying to do better and I am losing but is is very slow....like a pound a month. But at least it is going in the right direction!?!?!

CANDICE... YOu loolk great!! and I am envious of your green thumb....that is SOME garden! Iknow that you really do put a lot of time and effort into your yard and garden and boy does it show!!!

PENNY...Good to see you!!! WOW 90 degrees ...that is hot!! I dont think we have been that hot here in VA....but we have a taste of humidity lately....Had time to ride?? I hope so

PJ...How are the stables coming along...any new pictures??? I checked out your picture trail but it was a couple of weeks ago so please let me know if you have added more. I can't remember if I told you or not what a beautiful young girl Jackie is becoming...reminds me a bit of her Mother...Hope Bill had a great day!!

ALLEY-OOP...Welcome to the Nightowls....Hope your heels are better...that is so funny about the tattoos...my boys would love band- aids like that!! SUEBEE...How are things up your way??? Having fun with Scottie now that he is out of school??? Are you working part time for the summer...did I read that? or am I mixed up???

JUDYGAL...So glad to hear you are feeling better!!! I am glad they found a medicine that works for you!! And I ope Setina checks in...it would be wonderful if it would work for her too!!

Hope I didn't miss any of you ....I am tires...we just got back from a 3 hr drive from the lake...Great weather tho so no complaints from me....just that my computer was not up there this weekend so I was having internet withdrawal.

Have a great night everyone and I hope all the Dads had a great day!!!

emmy[
Old 06-18-2001, 12:43 AM   #14  
Happy Member

Hi there Nightowls!

Just thought I'd give all of you a bit of info about me. I live in southern NJ, am 32 y/o, married, mother of 2 boys: Ryan, 6 and Ethan, 2.

I started WW in Oct of 99, when Ethan was 5 months old. This was the highest weight I've ever been: 256#!! Yikes! I did pretty well on WW123, lost 30#, but due to a change in work schedule, I stopped going to meetings and my motivation went out the door. At the end of the summer last year, I decided to take up my life-long love of horseback riding. When I was a kid, I was a horse NUT! I lived at the barn where I rode. Anyway, it was about 15 years of that missing in my life and it was the best thing I ever did for myself....for ME. Well, this spring, I decided to get back on the WW wagon, but without the meetings. The leader I liked so much now only is there when I'm at work. (I work at an animal hospital-veterinary technician, but also do a lot of front office stuff.) I gotta shop around for another meeting. The leader that is there when I'm able to go isn't motivating me. When I weighed myself this spring, I was up a bit: 242. Now I'm at 218. Still highly motivated, so at least I have that going for me. I've loved 3FC since Oct of 99, but only recently did I peek in here and discovered some of you talking HORSE!! So I've kind of got to know you all from lurking, and I wanted to really introduce myself. I think the only thing you all knew about me before was that I was a horse lover!!
So, that's my story.....my heels are FINALLY healed, too!
I have to pass on this tip while I'm here: Have any of you ever heard of Taste of Home's Light and Tasty magazine? If not, you REAALLLY have to check it out. I have a few issues and the recipes are incredible!! They even give all the nutritional values so I can figure out the points. Tonight, I made Chicken Stroganoff and I can't believe how great it was!!
Good night, NightOwls! (it's 12:45a now and I'm off to bed!)
Ally
Old 06-18-2001, 05:09 AM   #15  

Default Hey there Owls!

Penny.....that's a heat wave! I hate it when it is so hot and humid..I'm with you on the 75 temp! My garden used to get very weedy when the kids were younger, no time but now I keep up with it on a daily basis and I like being outside as you know so it keeps me busy and I love it!

Hi Judy..gald your headaches are better, what medicine is it

Hi Emmy.....hope you got some rest! You really seem to enjoy going to the lake. A pound a month is a great way to be losing..they say slow is so much better!

Hi Ally...I love the new Taste of Home magazine, I used to get the regular one but tired of having to make the recipes lower calories so when they came out with this one I was thrilled..already got my subscription! Have your tried the Tuna patties yet with parsnips, they are wonderful! I'm gonna look up that stroganoff one right now. Thanks for telling us. I have 3 magazines so far.

Here is a wild flower picture..they reseeded themselves and are doing great! I planted them a year ago spring.

Last edited by Candicej; 06-18-2001 at 05:14 AM.
Closed Thread