Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #112

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #112

gma22
08-24-2005, 05:03 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today

gma22
08-24-2005, 05:10 AM
Good morning gals. Thought I would start a new thread for you before I left so you have lots of space! :lol: I had a rough night last night and gave up around 3 AM. I will just go to bed extra early as we have to get up at 3AM to go to the airport! :yawn: I can't believe we actually get to leave tomorrow. It seems like forever since we started planning this whole thing in January!

I just hope the weather holds out for us to get out of here tomorrow. They keep talking about thunderstorms, but they keep passing us by or we only get a sprinkle of two. As long as we can get to Atlanta, then if we get delayed it is ok as we have no more connections we have to make and we aren't going to see family or something where we have to be somewhere at some specific time.

Not much else to talk about so I am going to go. I will be back here around Labor Day and am going to try and set up a link to pictures of the trip for everybody to see. Take care, stay OP and exercise that fat off!

I AM GONE TO SIN CITY!
:hat: :hat: :hat:

Faye ;)

Satine
08-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Afternoon all ... it has been so nice here weather wise for the last few days, nice and cool, mid to high 70's and so nice in the evening... I have got two 4 pointers the last two days because I have been out walking and enjoying the Fall like temps... but alas the weatherman says it is not going to last :lol: I guess we still do have 3 1/2 more weeks of summer or so ...

But I am very pleased with myself, since I have been exercising and staying OP ... and it is paying off in weight loss so I am happy. No Weds woe for me today! :D

Faye - And I KNOW there is no Weds woe for you, hon. I know you are so excited about leaving... I guess I didn't pay attention but I had no idea that you were going to be gone until Labor Day ... wow, what a couple of weeks?
Enjoy ... I know you will have so much fun ...eat what you want and then come back here renewed and ready to get some serious weight off!! I know you will ... :)

Where is everyone the last couple of days? Hope you are all doing well.
Catch ya later!

mejones
08-24-2005, 02:36 PM
On the run, but thought I would check in to wish Faye a great time. The rest of us will have to step it up a bit while she is gone. I have been Op the last couple of days, too, so am starting to feel better after vacation slip. Have a great day - talk to you all tomorrow.
Marsha

Amanda Panda
08-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi all,

I am happy to report 4 point days for both Mon and Tues! I ran again on the treadmill yesterday - I told myself I would try 5 minutes and I did manage it, but boy was it tough and I never knew 5 minutes could last that long! :tread: :faint: I then walked and then ran again for 2 mins. You would not believe how achy I am today - my hip has completely seized up and I have been limping all day! Oh well - I'm not back at the gym now until Monday so 5 days rest should do me good.

I am away till Monday so it will sure be quiet round here - Marsha, Carri and both Susan's -try to keep things going!

Love Amanda x

QuilterInVA
08-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Have a great trip, Faye - hope you win a lot!

Had 4 point days Monday and Tuesday and so far for today. Still have to get through Dinner and the Evening.

Only 81 degrees so I can actually walk outside for a few days.

Mirabelly
08-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Hi all--
Gotta keep this thread on the first page....

Not much going on here other than massive amounts of writing and editing. Big deadline coming up next Wed. I'm pretty stressed out, but trying not to eat through it. I need to take a walk bigtime!

Faye, I know you won't see this, but I hope you have a great trip!

Amanda, you probably won't see this either--but with the running, you don't have to go a full 5 minutes to get great benefits. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a concept where you walk for a few minutes, then all out run for 30 seconds or so, then walk, then run....the idea is that every few minutes you spike your heartrate. You want to aim for running one to three minutes and walk maybe one minute...there's lots on the web and on this site about it. Just thought I'd mention it. Whenever I used to run for more than a minute my knees swelled up like balloons the next day. Even though I had no problems while I was running.

Everyone have a great day...gotta run! Well, not literally :D

Julie

Satine
08-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Hi all ... It is going to be pretty quiet around here without Faye and Amanda, huh?? I know Faye is having a great time.
I had another OP day yesterday, got 3 points, gave myself a day off from exercising, going to do some kind of exercise today. Even though I am not motivated today for some reason, feeling pretty lazy :lol:

Never thought I would see the day where a Lean Cuisine meal would make me full ... but I guess from not eating alot for a while my stomach has gotten smaller, I get full so easy now... and so cold in the evenings, probably not eating enough! :)

Well hello to all and have a great day, Stay OP!!!

Satine
08-26-2005, 11:30 AM
geez people, Faye goes away and we all scatter and disappear?? :lol: :lol:

Just wanted to pop in and say "hi" hope you are all doing well !!! If I do not make it back in have a great weekend!!!

Amanda Panda
08-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Guess who?

Thought I would suprise you by popping in - the truth is I am sooooooooo bored at my parents that I've sneaked away for some time on the net! It's day 3 of not going to the gym and I am definately feeling a drop in my mood - or maybe that's just the effect of staying with my parents! ;)

I went for a walk in the woods with my sister and her kids, so that was some exercise and tomorrow we will walk down to the sea front, so at least I'm getting some activity - although it's nothing compared to how hot and sweaty I get at the gym.

I weighed myself this morning on the scales in my parents bathroom and I've lost more weight......yay! I won't change my tracker until I verify it on my scales, but they are actually exactly the same scales - the only difference is they have a tiled floor and mine is carpeted. I've heard it's better to weigh on a hard floor anyway, so I'm hoping their reading of 222lbs is correct!

My dad and sister noticed I had lost weight, but my mum and other sister haven't said a word :mad: - but I kind of knew that would probably happen so I was prepared for it. It just reaffirms to me that I am doing this for myself and not to please anyone else - it's my own personal journey for my benefit.

JULIE - Thanks for the advice about the Interval training - I guess that is what I am trying to do - run, walk, run, walk - at the moment I need more than a minute to recover - it's more like about 4 or 5, but I'll get there in the end!

Hi to Carri, Marsha and Susan,

Love Amanda x

mejones
08-26-2005, 05:52 PM
HI, guys. Friday evening here. Been really good with eating - hard getting in the walking, though. TOM again! I guess if it lasts three weeks, it doesn't matter. Thought I would get a little break.
Back to school big time on Monday. Should make the eating easier - at least during the day.
Glad that others are staying OP, too. NIce job on the loss, Amanda. Enjoy the visit with the relatives. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Marsha

Amanda Panda
08-29-2005, 02:29 PM
Here's getting us back on the front page!

Well I'm back from my travels and am glad to be home! Not much to report really - my scales did not show the loss that my parents did, but then I did have a welcome home pizza last night!

I've been to the gym and just did the cardio workout - I enjoyed it, but found it harder because of my 5 day break. Julie would be proud as I did more interval running - 2 mins, then rest, 2 mins, then rest, 2 mins then rest. I don't think I could have managed 5 mins straight today and I agree that the interval training is probably better - I just need to work on reducing my recovery time between runs as at the moment it takes me about 3-4 mins for my heart to stop pounding out of my chest!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend - it's a long weekend here, don't know if it is in the US?

Love Amanda x

mejones
08-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Hi, all. Just a regular Monday here, Amanda. Our long weekend is next weekend.
Just heard Katrina is headed for Memphis - much reduced, but still winds over 80mph. Hope Faye's place is OK.

Got in to my room for the first time today - ugh!! I swear my stuff multiplied over the summer - so much easier to pack than to unpack! Also hard to eat right and get water in. Hopefully next week will be much better when real schedule starts.
Hello to Amanda, Carri, Susan, Julia, and Susan - and any one else I missed. Fingers crossed that Faye is winning and having a great time!
See you all tomorrow.
Marsha

Amanda Panda
08-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Hi all,

I got 2 points yesterday - I'll do my own smilie! :cp:

I had a good workout at the gym today and there was a physio there giving free consultations so I took advantage of her advice as I could never afford to pay for their services!

Hope everyone is fine and not affected by the hurricane.

Love Amanda x

Amanda Panda
08-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Oh dear - where is everyone? Come on troops - don't desert just cause Faye is away!

I got 4 points yesterday - :bravo:

I am feeling really positive about getting back on track with my eating - I really let things slide this month and I'm determined to have an excellent September. It's the first of the month tomorrow which means my monthly weigh and measure - I'll let you guys know how I've done. I'll also be posting my new monthly goal if anyone cares to join me.

Wherever you all are - hope you're having fun!

Love Amanda x

Satine
08-31-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi, all ... I have had a rough last few days as far as eating is concerned, well I guess I have only done half bad ... I seem to stay OP through breakfast and lunch and then have something fatty for dinner like chinese or pizza ...
anyhow trying to not sabotage myself at dinner tonight ...

Amanda - I am with you, lets make September a really good one ... Sept is an odd month for me anyhow, my birthday is this month and I will be turning 32!!! ughhh !! So lets do this!!! :)

Hope you all are doing well, and I will talk to you all later ...

mejones
09-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Good morning guys - what a busy week as we get ready to open our schools. Mentally, I fell drained and exhausted by the hard work, but also so depressed by what is happening in our country. It is just so hard to see and really believe that it is happening here! I have some relatives in Alabama and Mississippi. We know they are ok, but suffering from the shortages, no power, etc. Praying that things will look better by next week.
My eating has not been great, but I am determined to get back on track here. Have a great weekend, all.
Marsha

Amanda Panda
09-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi all,

I got 4 points on Weds and 2 points yesterday - I came over really sick on my way to the gym and could only do half an hour before I decided to come home. In the end it turned out to be the mother of all migraines brewing, which funnily enough I was glad about as at least it wasn't some bug that would knock me out for a week! I'm already feeling better today and had a great cycle class.

After I finished one of the trainers who used to teach a class I did called me over and said to me 'wow Amanda, you are the incredible shrinking woman, every time I see you you are getting smaller!'. We had a good chat about how well I am doing and she said that I need to buy a new gym kit to show off my new figure as my one is really baggy on me now. It felt really good to hear such positive comments (heaven knows I didn't get any from my family when I visited) and it's really boosted my confidence and self esteem. When I walked away to get some water, I could hear her telling this woman she was training what an amazing diffrence she could see in me and how fantastic I am doing! Well that just made my day! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Needless to say I've already started looking for a new gym kit - I've known for a while that the trousers are really baggy and saggy, but if other people are starting to notice then it's time to get a well fitting new one!

OH YES - I lost 6lb in August - which I am happy with as my eating was terrible! I was hoping to get under 16 stone (223lb), but that darn needle will not budge from 224!

Come on everyone, lets have a great September!

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-02-2005, 03:04 PM
woohoo, hello sweeties! no, i am not home yet, i will be back in here on sunday, but thought you might like to look at all the stuff from the trip. this is the link:

(e-mail or pm me if you want this link)

i was sick on and off most of the time with some kind of freaky bug, but we still had a great time.

back in here in a couple days. hope everyone is well. we supposedly got some damage from katrina in memphis, but our condo is well protected so i am sure everything is fine there. missed you all bunched!

faye

Amanda Panda
09-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - yay me! :bravo: I really feel like I am getting back on track now.

Great to hear from you Faye - loved your pics. That yellow t-shirt really suits you! Settle an argument for me about that picture of fluffy white birds in a nest- are they A) Real birds B) People in bird costumes or C) Robotic/Anamatronic ???
Nigel thinks it's A, where I think it's C - but they look really real , I'm so confused! :lol: Sorry to hear that you've had a bug - it's always the way when you go away isn't it - hope you still had a great time. I really hope your home isn't damaged by the hurricane - I did wonder about you as I know you live in the South, but that is where my knowledge of US geography ends!

Have a good weekend

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Morning girls. Home all safe and sound. My cat is driving me nuts though! lol Fortune is still at the kennel and will be until after the holiday so b is lonely and wants all our attention of course. My dd and dgs came over and spent like 2 hours here while we were gone and he ignored them completely and wouldn't let my dgs pet him or anything so guess he was upset we left him! We left here with gas at $2.57, we filled up in Vegas 3 days ago and it was $2.76 then yesterday it was $2.86 and we came home last night and the cheapo Walmart was a whopping $3.03! In the middle of this horrible thing, the gas producers are gouging people. How sick is that!!!!

If you had trouble at the webpage you will be able to see everything now. I increased the bandwidth by purchasing the site for one month so everyone could see. We did have a wonderful time, but I had intestinal problems the WHOLE time. I was either constipated, in pain or had runny stools. It was miserable, but I had periods where I felt ok and that is when we tried to do things. We kind of had a routine, we would get up at 6 am go down and have the $2.95 breakfast, come back up and go back to bed until 9:30 then shower and out to site see until around 1, come back, go to the pool for an hour then took a nap then went out for the evening if I was feeling ok. We did a lot of things we didn't the first time, like went to a club, the two shows etc. It was a totally awesome vacation but we are glad we are home, though I have a mountain of laundry I can't see around ! I am going to the commissary this morning as we have no food in the house and had to have McD's last night (UGH!) We are tired of restaurant food and anyone says buffet, might get a punch in the nose!

I had a bit of trouble with my knee in Vegas as a lot of stuff is ramps and that causes a lot of stress on my knee. I was amazed though that my feet didn't swell with the heat one bit and one day is was 110! We also flew first class so my big behind fit into the seat and didn't pinch so my leg didn't swell like it usually does on longer flights. Boy, I am going to fly first class as much as we can with Airtran. They were terrific and the service is top notch. We were scared being a cut rate airline we might end up with no luggage, late flights etc, but all flights were on time and no luggage problems at all except slow to get to the carousels in both Vegas and back here in Memphis. Took half an hour to get our luggage last ngiht.

Well, this is not getting anything done and I need to unload the dishwasher as I washed all the extra food and water stuff I left for b. I put everything away last night (dh knows better than to ??? me about not doing it so he just goes along. I did say something about starting a load of laundry and he said it was 8:30 PM and did I want to start it that late so I didn't UNTIL HE WENT TO MCDONALD'S FOR DINNER!!!!! )

Talk to you again soon and hope if you missed anything on the site you will try again.

AMANDA: You win the Vegas prize. Those were animatronic birds and were really cool.

Faye :)

gma22
09-05-2005, 07:38 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is work on our fall goals. Let's get up and running now that all the summer and holiday is over and work towards that goal at Christmas!

Hope everyone is doing well today and enjoying the last day of holiday. My dryer has been acting screwy ever since I had those incidents where my bathroom was getting flooded by the idiots next door and I was using so many towels and having to do so many loads of towels in it. I have all this laundry from vacation to try and get done and it takes hours to dry one load and last night I smelled something burning!!! I had taken a swiffer duster to inside of the dryer vent and cleaned all the lint out, which was wet, but I stopped it and the inside smelled like burning paper. Poor Jack had to come in while he was watching the Nascar race and he took off the vent hose and cleaned it out and said there was water on the floor. He also took off the other vent and stuck a flash light up into the dryer and pulled gobs of lint out, some of it BURNED! Thank goodness I smelled it or we could have set the house on fire. Anyway, he cleaned it all out for me, missing about half hour of the race and I am hoping it will go back to working correctly.

As to damage from the storm here, my deck is a mess with twigs, leaves and junk from the storm, but other than that, my condo went unscathed. We were lucky, there are parts of the city who had some damage I guess. I will tell you one thing, our area is really really banding together to help out the evacuees. We have all kinds of professional shelters, church shelters, and made up ones along with private homes taking people in. The temp services are providing jobs, there are hundreds of places your can drop off canned food, diapers, water etc. It is better organized here than it is at the hurricane zone.

I think I am going to crash on the couch for awhile as the cat started driving us nuts this morning (the dog won't be home until later this week) and I got up so Jack could sleep in without him head butting him etc and I am still a little sleepy.

Everyone have a good day! I missed you all and need to catch up!

Faye ;)

gma22
09-06-2005, 04:23 AM
TUESDAY: Today is target Tuesday and our target this week is problem areas. Let's concentrate on the area we have the most problem with this week, be it exercise, staying OP or drinking our water.

I am going to Wed woe on Tues. Brother! Our garbage disposal quit on us and we can't figure out why as it is only about 3 years old, but the really bad part is the AC/Furnace quit working completely and Jack cannot figure out why so it is hot as hades in the house. We have fans, but it is so humid here it doesn't help much and a lot of our windows are permanent and don't open. Besides, you spend all your time opening at night and closing during the heat of the day. He put in a new thermostat yesterday, but that did nothing so he is going to talk to a couple guys at work about something else he can try. It was weird, actually. The house was cool yesterday morning so I turned the thermostat up a bit, the AC shut off, now it won't start again. We have two breakers, neither of which seems to be the problem, we replaced the thermostat like I said but the thing won't turn on. Ahhh, well, we shall see.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good work week.

Amanda Panda
09-06-2005, 06:58 AM
Hello folks,

WELCOME BACK FAYE!!!

It's great to have you back - sorry about all your household problems on your return. Your trip sounded great - apart from the tummy problems! Hope you are better now. I remember when we got Marley, our puss, back from the cattery - he was really snooty with us for a while, but was back to his normal self after a day! It broke my heart to leave him in a cattery - I just couldn't even think about it or it would have ruined my holiday!

I got 1 point yesterday - took a well earned rest day from the gym, after doing 7 days in a row! I also went out window shopping with my friend which meant a higher calorie lunch than usual, which pushed my calories over the limit.

My Autumn goal is to really get back OP with my eating - I'd like to lose at least 7lb a month for the next few months, which is achieveable if I don't let myself down with my eating. I've got an appointment at the gym today to set a new programme - so shaking that up a bit may help shift some pounds!

Have a good day

Love Amanda x

Mirabelly
09-06-2005, 08:25 AM
Hi Everyone,
I'm still here...just been wicked busy on a deadline. It seems to be easing a bit now, though. That's how it is with writing, either you're rushing around or sitting around with nothing to do.

I've been eating like crap the past few weeks, wayyyyy too much sugar. Going to get back to basics today and just fix a nice bean soup for dinner. It was in the 40's here last night, so it feels like Fall...but by this afternoon it will be warm again.

Welcome back Faye! I'm glad you had a great vacation in spite of the sickness. I just had to edit an article about Vegas, so I was thinking of you.

Well, I just wanted to check in with everyone. I'm going to go take a walk now.
The kids are all in school all day! So I can do (mostly) what I want during the day....except drive! Gas here is $3.60 a gallon :fr: :fr: :eek:

Hope everyone is doing well...I'll be back tomorrow.
Julie

Satine
09-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Afternoon All ... things are going so fast today, I am having one hellish day at work... so busy and do not know where to go next...hate those kind of days...well as far as the dieting is going, it isn't... :lol: ha ha
Yeah I kind of gave myself a free three day weekend since it was a holiday, but back on today to give September my all...

Faye - So glad you had a good time in Vegas, those pictures were great, me and dh would love to go next year.

Julie - Girl, you are so lucky to have your day to yourself to do what you want, I so envy that.

Amanda - Great to hear that you got some compliments about how you are doing, you are doing so well, I know hearing those kind of things only makes you more determined, keep up the great work !!! You will be under 200 before you know it.

Hope you all are doing well !!!

mejones
09-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Hello to all. Welcome back, Faye. Glad to hear the trip was a success for the most part. I have been swamped trying to get ready for school. A 12 hour day today with conferences. Tomorrow is actual first day, so maybe things will settle down. Good to be back in here - I , too, have been eating like crap this week. I keep saying, tomorrow - tomorrow. No more!!!
Marsha

gma22
09-07-2005, 06:51 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes so gripe to your heart's content, girls!

be back in a little later

Amanda Panda
09-07-2005, 10:35 AM
hello,

I got 4 points yesterday! No Weds woe for me - I am in such a good mood today! I had my new programme set at the gym and it's totally different, so it is all new and exciting and will tone me up even more. I bought some new gym pants today - I saw some I liked in a normal shop i.e, not a specialist 'plus size' shop. I knew this shop went up to size 22 (US 18), but didn't know how generous they cut their clothes. Anyway, they only had a size 20 (US 16), but I thought I'd try them on anyway as they are loose jersey with an elasticated waist. Well, I am happy to report that they fit perfectly! These are my first size 20 pants in years! I also bought new underwear in size 18 (US 14) - so I am VERY happy! The new trousers I bought a month ago are now getting a bit big aswell! I am going to wear them for as long as possible as I can't really spend anymore on clothes right now.

Oh yes, I've dropped another 2lb, so I am finally under 16 stone as we Brits say. It feels good to weigh 15 stone something, rather than 19 stone something which is where I began.

JULIE - Good for you for planning a healthy supper and a good walk - one step at a time and you'll get there.

CARRI - Sorry work is manic, hope it eases off soon. I know you are going to have a great September!

MARSHA - Sorry work is busy for you too - but hey at least those long summer holidays were great while they lasted !

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Sorry I am not very focused today. When it rains it pours I guess. Now I am having trouble getting those morons to start my mail back up or at least deliver my 12 days worth!!!!!

Amanda :bravo: :flow2:

Amanda: Congrate on new sizes and new weight! It is great to go to the next plateau and you deserve all the accolades we can give you!

Carri: Hope today has settled down some at work. I always hated being overloaded. I never handled it well I guess.

Marsha: You too! I hope you are getting things grounded for the school year!

SusanVA: Hope you and hubby are doing well!

Julie: Don't type too much on all those jobs or you won't have any fingers to give us..... :o :lol:

Nikki and Susan: Hope you are both doing ok at school again this year.

Please please forgive anyone I missed. I am so wound up about the condo problems (they can't get here anytime soon for the AC as he is all alone since firing his worker) and need to get a disposal now too and kick butt with the USPS. Thank God dh and I can laugh about it and truly that is all you can do. We at least have a home that is dry, food to eat and no raw sewage in the yard even if Jack comes home smelling like it! :lol: :lol: :^:

I am just hanging on as much as I can until I can focus on weight loss. I know that I am in no frame of mind to try and handle this and the house problems so I am trying my best. I have to figure out how to get to walking as it is way too hot to use the treadmill and so I may have to start going outside early but with fall coming it doesn't get light until later and by then it is already in the 80's! Ahh well, I will figure it all out!

Have a great day ladies and work hard towards your fall goals!!!!!

gma22
09-08-2005, 08:02 AM
THURSDAY: today is Time for Us Thursday so take a little time out just for you today.

Morning gals. I am trying to get my chores done before it gets too hot. Jack called a service tech who is going to cut us a deal on any work he does as his dd plays on T's soccer team, but he is a one man company and is backed up so.....

Other than that, it is going to be a beautiful day so go out there and live it to the fullest!

We have soccer practice again tonight so that always jumbles things up a bit. I think his first game is at 8:30 on Sat and tomorrow I get to bring my doggie home, which will hopefully shut the cat up! :lol:

I guess I better get hopping because it doesn't take long for the day to heat up and it is nice and cool right now.

Have a good day girls

QuilterInVA
09-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Hello, ladies...haven't been around for awhile. My husband has been in the hospital but home again. We just do it hour by hour anymore.

For some reason, even though I am subscribed to the thread, I haven't been getting the notices.

Got to rush to work...more later.

Amanda Panda
09-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - boy has my butt been aching from my new programme! He's got me doing all sorts of lunges and squats and whilst I am happy that eventually it will result in a rear end to be proud of, I'm really feeling the pain right now!

FAYE - Sorry about all your house problems - you are right, all you can do is smile and count your blessings right now. But I know how frustrating it is waiting for workman to come and fix stuff!

SUSAN - Sorry dh has had another hospital stay - hope he's recovering well at home.

After the gym yesterday I went to my friends house and we got all creative and made cards. She sells them to raise funds for an orphanage that she set up in the Phillipines. It was good to get the creative juices flowing again and hopefully raise some money for a very good cause.

Have a lovely evening

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-09-2005, 02:17 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies and the folly this week is, what is the last dumb thing you did with a piece of clothing or shoes, ie wore something inside out in public, etc?

I will check back in later gals at a decent time.

Amanda Panda
09-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - I tried out my new workout and boy was it hard work! It's wierd that I've cut out alot of the heavy weights machines and am just doing stuff with dumbells, fit ball , lunges and squats - I am really suprised how much harder they are than weights machines. I think the thing with the machines is I was sitting down and supported - where with these new exercises I am mostly standing up and using my whole body weight as resistance. I went to my cycle class as normal today and I found it really tough as my legs were so tired from yesterday. Now, my thighs are burning and getting stiffer by the hour - it shows I must be working new muscles!

I am a bit fed up at the moment because I really want to be going out and having fun and I've got no one to go out with :( I am seriously on the look out for some new friends - but it's hard as most people my age are settling down and having babies. I am starting volunteer work soon and a computer course, aswell as going to church and gym, so I am doing what I can, but I guess it takes time. In the meantime I am fed up and bored!

Have a good day all

Love Amanda x

Satine
09-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Hi All , just wanted to pop in before I head out of work for the weekend...

Amanda - I hear ya, there is no one my own age to hang out with here either, I am 31 and all of our friends have now had babies and I am the odd woman out... it sucks really... I need friends who can go out !!! :lol:
Maybe you should move to another country and we could hang?? ha ha ha

Susan/Va - sorry to hear about your dh, hope all is going well.

Faye, Julie, Scuzin ( where are ya girl ?? ), Marsha, and anyone I missed, I cannot keep up lately ...

Have a great weekend all !!!

gma22
09-10-2005, 08:11 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday so let's get some sun in here!

Amanda :bravo: :bravo:
(sorry I missed the day before)

I wished you two lived close to my dil as she is your age and you guys could have fun together. It is always tough when your friends start settling down to families of their own. I do feel for you. I have NO friends here at all and I don't even fit into your category but the other end so I DO understand.

Sorry I didn't get in here yesterday I was busy busy. We took dd and dgs out to Chilis for dinner last night and had a pretty good time. That boy loves broccoli like you have never seen. He will even eat it for breakfast. I asked my dd if he wasn't gassy all the time from eating broccoli but she said she hadn't noticed. He had broccoli and grilled chicken, now when was the last time you saw a 5 year old eat healthy like that? He got into trouble for breaking his shoelaces in his new shoes (they have these funky elastic laces that are a loop like a rubberband and can't be replaced) She said she was going to tell his dad and he was going to be mad because the shoes were expensive. He wanted to know if maybe he couldn't have a second chance and they not tell dad if he promised not to break the new ones she was going to have to buy (btw, I have never even heard his dad raise his voice let alone get mad) but no chance I guess. I felt sorry for him but I have to keep my mouth shut. He refused to buy new shoes that weren't exactly the same because he said he didn't want the kids at school to notice he didn't have the same shoes!

I have to run girls as the soccer game is at 8:30 and we have to leave around 8 and I have lots of chores this morning to get through first!

TTN

Amanda Panda
09-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Hi all,

Just popping in quick - I got 2 points yesterday. I'm having a bad food day today - it's been so wet and miserable here that I've been sat at home eating chocolate and crisps and watching DVD's. I had to have a rest from the gym as my legs are still aching! Oh well - I'm going to give my diet an overhaul on Monday - and by that I mean try to be really disciplined and stay OP!

Thanks for all your thoughts about friends - it's hard isn't it?

Enjoy your weekend

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-11-2005, 08:25 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is: Since we have been talking about friends, do you have a best friend you tell everything to?

Amanda :dancer:

I talk to Jack about everything even female stuff unless it involves him (ie, I am mad at him about something,) then I just suck it up pretty much. I might say something to my sister, but rarely do I talk about Jack to someone else. He sees things very black and white and doesn't see gray areas so I can always trust I get the brutal truth from him even if I don't always like it or agree. We share everything together and truthfully enjoyed our vacation when it was just the two of us after my sister and bil went back home more than with other couples. You would think a man would have a warped sense when it came to women, but that is not really true. If I am having trouble with a female in some way, he goes right to the truth of it.

It is going to be another hugely hot day so we are staying indoors. I need to finish the house, but it is so darn hot upstairs by about 9 or 10 that I haven't gotten to it. I need to just get my behind up there and do a little at a time.

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Amanda: British vocab lesson for me, american french fries are chips to you and potato chips are crisps to you????? Jack had fish and chips at one of the fancy buffets that had "foreign" foods and the chips were cooked sort of like fries but looked like potato chips! :lol: Just an old lady being curious!

Have a super Sunday everyone!

mejones
09-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Greetings to all. This week sure did fly by! It is amazing how fast tiime goes when you are busy, and for me, how badly I sometimes eat when I am busy! Kind of a mindless thing, I guess. Anyway, next week should be a bit better I would think.
We are expected to be in the 90's today too, Faye. Incredibly hot for MN at this time of year. At least it doesn't last forever - supposed to be mid 70"s (perfect) by Tuesday.
DD has been really looking for a new job this week - wish she could find something. Too hard to work 90 miles away from home now - especially with gas prices where they are and will probably stay high for a while. It bugs me because she worked so hard for that college degree, and then the jobs just aren't there. Then I worry that if she takes a job out of her field, it will be too hard to get back in. I am a worrier - can you tell??
Amanda - sounds like you have a handle on doing some things to make some new friends. It is hard though. Are you the type who can ask other people you don't know real well to hang out? That is always hard for me - I am more the type that waits to be asked.
Hello to all - Julie, Carrie, Susan and Susan. I am hoping for a better week eating and exercising - anyone care to join me?
Marsha

gma22
09-12-2005, 08:43 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to work on understanding body image and self image. It is easy to bleed them together as most of us have done, but body image is just that, your body and what it looks like, self image is all the inside stuff. How you feel about yourself, how you react to things etc everything emotional about you. When we blend the two, we convince ourselves that we are no good because of how we look,or this biggy, if we looked better our problems would be solved or our marriage better or our relationship improved. WRONG WRONG WRONG! If there is one thing I have learned from all of this is that it is very important to have a healthy emotional and spiritual you and not to worry about the body part except when it comes to how we treat our bodies, ie food intake exercise and the like. Let's work this week to improve our bodies but to improve our self image that we are beautiful human beings and our size has nothing to do with that!

Good Monday morning gals! Hope you are all up and at 'em this morning. I am kind of sluggish as I took one of my diuretic yesterday because I had ballooned up like a puffer fish and then had to pee every two hours last night so I am kind of pooped. I have work upstairs I absolutely have to get done this morning so that is what I am going to tackle when I get done here.

Marsha: My dh worked for a company for a year in Chicago, which was a little farther than what your dd has to drive everyday and I know how tough it was on us besides gas and wear and tear on the car and we had tolls everyday too. I hope she can find something closer or can make a decision about moving where her job is. I wish her good luck!

Tonight is another soccer game and I am beginning to decrease stitches on my blanket so I am getting that done too so I better hit the bricks and get stuff done!

Have a good day girls!

Satine
09-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi All ... hope you all had a good weekend... I had fun this weekend, we went to the Pork Festival in Tipton, IN ( and no I did not have any pork!! )
because my brother's band was the opening band for Ambrosia ( a 70's band )
I had a hard time staying away from the fair food but I did it !! Felt pretty good about myself !! :D

ALSO ... I joined the gym today!!!!!!!!! My dh and db joined this gym like 2 months ago and really like it so I went ahead and joined... I am excited about it because I think this is going to jump start the rest of the weight I need to lose...we are actually going today right after work... I know I have to go right after work or I wont go, once I get home and I am very lazy!! :lol:

Faye - I hear you on the water pill, I have to take one everyday for high blood pressure and I am always peeing ... hope you have fun at the soccer game tonight ... the weather said that a cold front is coming through this week, should be in mid 70's by end of week, hopefully it will cool you guys off too ( I am sure it will ) ... bring on FALL !!!

Amanda - Dont worry about Saturdays food eating, but get back on today and get going, you know we are going to kick this thing into gear right now!!!!

Marsha - I will join you ... I have been doing pretty good lately though, just need to get this exercise thing down.

Julie - Hi !!! :cool:

Hope you all have a good day, talk to you all later!!!!

QuilterInVA
09-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Hi, ladies! Here I am waiting to see if Ophelia is going to bring enough rain and high tides to flood me out...still aren't sure where she is going but we are under a warning. My emergency supplies are ready.

My husband has 2 goods days and then goes backward a day. Yesterday he couldn't eat breakfast, got 2 bites of lunch down and then started throwing up, but ate a fair amount of supper. What's with that, we don't know. It just comes on all of a sudden.

Amanda Panda
09-12-2005, 03:51 PM
hello folks!

I got 2 points yesterday - but I am back on track today and plan to stay that way! I went to church yesterday and had a great time - in the first five minutes of being there about 6 people came up and said 'hello Amanda, it's great to see you'. I felt so welcome, it was really heartwarming. I've arranged to start attending a house group I used to go to a few years ago - the girls are all my age and single so I am looking forward making friends again.

FAYE - Yes, chips are fries and crisps are chips! Sorry about that - I normally try to Americanise my language here (eg. butt instead of bum!) but I forgot! There is one word I won't Americanise though and that is 'fanny' - that means something very different here! :lol:

MARSHA - I'm sure once you have got back into a routine at school, you will be able to control your eating better. The worst thing is not having set mealtimes - if I just grab on the run I usually get something unhealthy or end up overeating. I agree with you - I am not very good at putting myself forward and asking people out - although I do do it with people that I know well, but never with someone I am just getting to know.

CARRI - OMG! You've joined a gym!!!! :eek: Yay Carri :cheer: You are right, it really will get that last bit of weight shifting and it will totally change your shape! I am wearing the same size clothes that I was wearing at 200lb, just because I am so toned and muscular! I hope you really enjoy it - you know what wonders it has worked for me both physically and mentally, and you can't keep me out of the place now! I am the gym :queen: now, so if you need to know anything then ask away!

SUSAN - Sorry your dh is so up and down - I will continue to pray for him. I hope the storm doesn't hit you.

Love Amanda x

gma22
09-13-2005, 09:14 AM
PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #113