Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-24-2005, 03:18 AM   #1  
would-be librarian

Default Wednesday August 24, 2005

Here's to hoping that I got the date right this time

I overslept.. well.. yesterday at this point, and feel like a slug. I should be in better spirits later today after I go to Curves. I feel so great after working out!

In response to some of the posts that I missed on Tuesday's thread..

Leenie: save that card! I'm sure that Grace will love looking at it when she's older, knowing that she was one of the last things her uncle was thinking about. (Is that what BIL stands for.. brother in law?)

Marblefly: I go to Curves three times a week. I'd like to go more often but I don't have a license and we don't have public transportation; mom isn't too keen on going more then the bare minimum :P What is "the verb"?

Stephanie: Congrats on your weight loss. That's the exact reason that I try not to weigh between my monthly Curves weigh-ins. It's a lot more satisfying to me to see a loss of a few pounds then it is to see a loss of one, or half of one

I hope that all of you have a good day.

Meranda aka little ghostlie
little ghostlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 07:54 AM   #2  

Good morning all... I am off to the hospital today my DD is going to have a baby today. We hope. I am doing pretty good on my food this week but not enough exercise..except for the 13 pts I earned Saturday night dancing the night away. I have just been so busy with family stuff not enough time for me stuff.
have a great one ya'll.
Sherry
Wannabe9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:58 AM   #3  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Sherry, how exciting - a baby for DD. I just love the idea of being a grandparent; it's going to be so cool. Let us know how DD and baby are doing.

Merenda, I hope you have a fun time at curves. If DH was on swingshift permanently I'd think of joining. He's o it for only 2 morn months then it would be weird to be gone when he was home from work. Also, we have lots of exercise equipment. IE Nordic track, exercycle, elliptical, weight set. But I'd still love to go to curves so have fun.

Well today will be a fun day. DS's GF, DH and I are going to Protland for the American Idol concert. I sort of bought the tickets on a lard since I really like the winner, Carrie Underwood. GF and I decided we should go and DH should drive us. Portland is about 250 miles. There isn't a problem, back is. I have lousy night vision. So he's going with us and isn't dreading it too much. He likes Carrie too.

I have to do my situps today. I've been lax for the last couple days. I'm up to 25 of them. My goal is adding 5 per week until I'm up to 50. Then it'll just be a 5 day per week thing. I can already tell a difference that the abs are a little tighter. Hard to do since there's this layer of fat over it, but I'm working on that too.

Caffeine in my system seems to be gone. The headaches finally eased yesterday afternoon. Yeah.

DS's GF told my other DS that he's going to be an uncle. He was a little tiffed he wasn't told with us and that we kept it from him. But GF asked us not to tell him (she had valid reasons) so I asked him to put himself in our shoes. He was better after that, especially when I told him that I told DS and GF to tell him on a daily basis.

I guess that's it for 7:00 in the am. TTYL.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:50 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I need Sleep
and darn I'm not 22 anymore
we had my friends wedding last night I didn't get to bed until 3:30 this morning and I Was up 4 hours later DYING sugarred and caffienated (we have No food in the house at all!)
SLEEEEP
last night was great Tons of Food and I danced My arse (and hopefully Dinner) off
Marie the concert will be so fun!
Sherry thats great COngrats
Meranda I don't drive either it's a pain!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:38 PM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

oh yikes, sorry I didn't know you didn't drive Miranda... I loved Curves and would go 5-6 times a week, it was around the corner from my house....I'd do 3X on the circuit, it was fun to *dance* (and nobody laughed at me). The VERB is the exercise postings at the beginning of the group headings...You're doing great BTW.

tsk, tsk Kier.....all sugared up and feeling poopy? I rolled over in bed this AM and realized i had foregotten to do something for work today and the lectures started at 7AM! I quickly walked the doggie, threw on sweats and drove to the office (my ID is coded to access at locked buildings)..then I went back home to make myself presentable...so no exercise today. But I had 3 big cups of Starbucks!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:26 PM   #6  

Hi everyone....it's been a while since I have been here....have had lots of good days lately....but some parts of days that were not so good......I feel good when I am out of the house....with friends or shopping....running errands....it's when I am at home that I don't always feel good....but I can't be out of the house every minute of the day. I would have gone to the doctor to change my med....but will wait until September.

I am flying to Vancouver on Saturday to see the new granddaughter....for 11 days....she came out of the hospital on Sunday....is doing well. When I come back from seeing Claire, DS1 & DIL.....I will see about having my med changed.

It's getting chilly in the mornings here....but is warming up now.....it's nice & sunny here now.

Ghostlie & Sherry....Welcome.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:41 PM   #7  

April, it's good to hear from you and to hear things are going fairly well. I was in Van a few days ago and the weather was stupendous. Warm and dry with a nice breeze. It'll be wonderful for you to meet little Claire Anne, and it'll be a relief for DS and DIL to have you take over some of the duties so they can get some rest. You'll probably be too tired to feel bad.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:08 PM   #8  

Carla....when I was working....I was an RN....worked for a long time on the Childrens ward....also worked in the Nursery for many years....so I am comfortable with babies.

My DH says I won't feel bad when I am there.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote