Old 08-23-2005, 10:30 PM   #1  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Exclamation my success on Atkins!

I've been on Atkins about a year and a half now. Of course, I've lost weight. About 60 pounds so far. Summer has made it hard to lose weight, but as soon as all these vacations are over I'll be able to get back to business again.

The most surprizing side effect of Atkins was it cleared my adult acne. I didn't even notice. My Mom pointed it out to me and she's right. I rarely use the Stridex pads anymore! I don't need them!

My cholesterol actually went UP 15 points, but is still well under 200. And my heart attack risk actually went down because my bad cholesterol went down 14 points and my good cholesterol went up 29 points (the reason my total went up). So the jump was all good cholesterol so I'm in better shape than before. My heart attack risk is 2.2. Anything below 3.5 is considered ideal. I celebrated this with a Starbuck's black coffee with sugar free syrup added for flavor.

Sizewise I've gone from a size 18 to a size 8.

My medication (Celexa) has a side effect of carb cravings so I know if I were to try any other diet I'd be dying from cravings. Atkins really does take away the cravings. I no longer crave Snickers bars or white bread and don't even miss them.

I count my calories and carbs on FitDay. Calorie-wise I shoot for 1900 calories from sources that will fill me up for few calories such as veggies and salads. Carb-wise I eat between 40 and 80g (net) a day. For crunch I eat pork rinds - they are my potato chip substitution and carb free!

I love this WOE and I am so healthy. My doctor is pleased with my blood test results. He wasn't worried, but the book said to get cholesterol tests so I did and everything happened to me just like the book said! I see some naysayers like to come in here and diss us. No matter. Blood tests don't lie and that's what I'm basing my decisions on.

Oh yeah, my blood pressure has gone down, too. From the high end of normal to the low end. It seems that when I am a healthy weight I have my mom's problem of low blood pressure. When I first changed gyms I'd get lightheaded when I'd stop excercising. I guess my body adjusted to the new normal because I don't get that anymore. Anyway, my doctor says the lower the better, so I'm in GREAT shape!

Food wise I eat about 50% of my calories from fat, carbs are between 10-15%. Protein rounds out whatever's left.
FatVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:15 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

That is an excellent success story!! Thanks for sharing...and looks like you have to change your name from "FatVictoria" To "SlimVictoria" GREAT JOB!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 08:22 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:52 PM   #4  
Movin' and Losin'

Wow! What a great story. Congratulations on your success! You've done great.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:33 PM   #5  

Victoria, because of you and some Floozies that post on this web-page I have decided to try low-carb again.

Cheryl
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote