Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 08:46 AM   #1  

Default Kevin Trudeau

Anyone read his book? I hear there's a bunch of stuff about fat and weight loss in it. Worth the price?
Old 08-23-2005, 08:53 AM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi Globix,

I suggest you search his name on Google before you buy the book. He's been in prison for fraud. I don't have the book (and have never read it) but from what I hear, it's pretty much a load of hooey.

Sorry to be so negative!!! Just check him out on Google and see what you find. And I think there's another thread around here *somewhere* about him...maybe one of our friendly moderators could add a link?

Last edited by LovesBassets; 08-23-2005 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:06 AM   #3  
it's always something

I absolutely agree! I'm not aware of anyone else with a reputation for health care fraud as him. He has been permanently barred from selling health care products due to his scams. However, this did not include selling "books", so there he goes again.

Read more about it at http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9006287/ this article is an eye-opener!
Old 08-23-2005, 09:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/174/150

I agree. I remember seeing him years ago on an infomercial kind of disguised trying to act like a doctor. Stay away!
Old 08-23-2005, 09:28 AM   #5  

Oh my gosh! Thanks I didn't know that!

I was reading some reviews on Amazon and it seems there's a lot of negative about him and the book. Something about to get real answers you have to join his pay website for like $500.00 or something!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:24 PM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

LOL...I hadn't actually heard of this guy, but the first thing that came to my mind was the comic strip Doonesbury.

However, I found this interesting article titled "Analysis of Kevin Trudeau's "Natural Cures" Infomercial".

All I can say is, hopefully, the media coverage of this guy will keep folks from shelling out their hard-earned bucks.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:35 PM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

He's the same guy selling miracle wrinkle cream with Lee Valentine....I was flipping the channels and there is with that poor creature Tammy-Fae and on the next chennel there he was with the potato starch wrinkle cream lady......
Old 08-26-2005, 07:26 AM   #8  

So, I didn't know anything about Kevin Trudeu - never saw the infomercial. One of my friends started talking about the book and gave me a printout from his website (10 rules or something like that). My husband had seen bits and pieces of the infomercial. So, last week I was in Costco and saw his book. I stood in the aisle and read bits and pieces. Boy, there is a half hour of my life I can never get back

There is nothing in the book I had not heard before. The smart stuff is there - eat whole foods and exercise more. There is also a lot of controversial stuff - colonics and supplements and raw dairy, the evils of cell phones and powerl ines .... If you want any specific information as far as brands, ingredients or details, go to his website (that requires a subscription fee). I only got this after weeding through the anger he has for the FDA and FTC and how he cannot speak about his experiences, but they are evil (and he tells you over and over and over through the first 4 chapters, before you even get to any recommendations).

Hmmm - I need to pay for this book to find out I need to pay for your website to get information that may not be helpful and could actually be harmful? There are many places I'd rather spend my money than lining your pockets, thank you very much. Oh, and if I could have that half hour back, I'd really appreciate it. Good thing I hadn't gotten any frozen food, yet.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:07 PM   #9  

I actually came here tonight just to post this -- didn't expect to find a thread already. I feel so unusually well-timed.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...1trudeau1.html

Last edited by bunnyblues; 08-26-2005 at 09:07 PM. Reason: old signature
Old 09-01-2005, 08:04 PM   #10  

I read his book and he admits he was a con man and in his book he tells how we are being conned. I'm not saying go buy the book but maybe the next time you are in a bookstore you can scan through it and see what you think. Sometimes it takes a crook to catch a crook and trust me out of his own mouth he admits he was one
Old 10-08-2005, 01:44 PM   #11  

He has some good ideas. For sure.. I haven't read his book yet, so I can't comment. But a couple of the smartest people in naturopathy I know have his book and have nothing but good things to say.

Don't judge him on the healthcare fraud thing. I should research that more, but I'm sure there's two sides to the story anyway. Currently the FDA is suing him for information they don't want out. So.. there is something to it.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:49 PM   #12  

hallalujah!!! He's a CHANGED MAN, he admits his sins and is cleansed by the powers that will run his informercal....what a crock...but he's laughing all the way to bank.

Isn't he still selling the miracle face cream with the blond woman?
Old 10-08-2005, 04:57 PM   #13  

Amen, marbleflys .

It took some willpower for me not to post earlier cuz I was a bit afraid of what I'd say.

And it's taking some willpower right now for me to stop typing at the end of this sentence, too.

{{{Kate yanks her own fingers away from keyboard and yells what she WANTS to type at the dogs...who don't give a }}}

Editing now to add:

Okay I couldn't NOT say just this ---> The reviews on Amazon state that his chapter on "Miracle Cures" says basically: "This was supposed to be a chapter on miracle cures. But the FTC won't let me write anything. It's their fault." Paraphrasing OBVIOUSLY. And then the next chapter begins.

HOW MUCH IS HE CHARGING FOR THIS "BOOK?" $38 or something equally ridiculous? You could sponsor 2 starving Sudanese children FOR A MONTH via Save the Children with that amount of cash.

Or at least fill your gas tank. With 4 gallons.

Okay. DONE. Ooooooo am I cranky now.

Grrrr.

Last edited by LovesBassets; 10-08-2005 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:30 PM   #14  

Don't yell at the dogs.......they'll think you'r nutz!

I remember him doing all different infomercials...the format was "The Kevin & Debbie Show", there is always some MIRACLE he's hawking.... now it's *rightous ANGER* at the big evil Pharmaceutical companies...I'm sure that Sanofi, Astra-Zenica, Aventis, Merck and Pfizer are shaking in their boots.... Kevin is playing "Davey and Goliath" scene)....or is it Gumby and Pokey?

Would YOU trust your Amex number to this man???? I think NOT!
Old 10-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #15  

LOL, marbleflys!

And if he has all these spectacular weight loss secrets, how come when you see him sittin' there next to Tammy (yikes) Faye Baker he's got a pudgy profile? I mean REALLY, Kevin. If you want to sell America on the weight loss benefits of coral calcium/toe-of-newt/or whatever why don't you slim down a bit your OWN self?

(Clearly, I watch too much late-night TV.)

I never criticize people for their weight, but I've made a special exception for this moron cuz he's been selling bogus "weight loss products" for years! It's like buying fire insurance from an arsonist or something.

LOL...you MIGHT lose weight when this dude cons you into signing up for a "subscription" and hijacks your credit card number -- cuz then you'll be so busy trying to get your money back you'll forget to eat .

I HATE people who prey on other people's desire to lose weight for their own financial gain...it really burns my bacon.

Last edited by LovesBassets; 10-08-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Closed Thread