South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 10:55 PM   #1  

Default Starting Phase 1 - Monday August 22nd

Hello Ladies,

Here we go again! I'm recommiting to start phase 1 again. I know I can do it, i've done it before but always quite when I start to see results. I've been reading all your forum's and I"m ready to lose this weight. I need all the support I can get.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:00 PM   #2  
keep on dancin'!!

Smile

Congrats, Patty! I love this forum and I am so glad to have all these people to communicate with! What a better time to be dieting than in the 21st century to have all these experts and sweethearts to vent to?! GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-22-2005, 11:09 PM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Great! I'm in for P1 with you since I'm redoing it to.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:20 PM   #4  
Cynful

hi my sister is on the beach and I thought I would never try lol but now I take her advice, with no breads, no potatoes,sweets,and trying hard to stay on track and target the areas I need to. It is not as bad as I thought , scince you have been on it before I am sure you will do jus great ! stay positive and cant wait to see your results ! best of luck
Old 08-23-2005, 04:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Patti

I'm right there with you - good luck!
Old 08-23-2005, 05:37 AM   #6  

GOOD LUCK TO YOU (Phase) ONERFUL Ladies!
Old 08-23-2005, 06:17 AM   #7  

I am right with you too..
Old 08-23-2005, 12:07 PM   #8  

Good luck. I am starting over again today too. Had a family emergency and I binged due to stress. Oh well. At least it was only 1 day of binging.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:16 PM   #9  
Andrea

Default Back to Phase I

I'm so glad to see you all here! It's interesting - many of you are at 175, which is where I am (and have been stuck for 2 weeks now - even on phase I). Maybe I'll go another week of phase I and stick with this group for support.

Maybe each day, we could talk about what we did eat or plan to eat? It might give ideas for those of us who are on burn-out of some of the same old stuff we've been eating for days on end.

Andrea
Old 08-23-2005, 03:06 PM   #10  
Kyemom

Don't get discouraged. I was stuck at 171 for 2.5 weeks, then I got on the scale one morning & I was 168..It just drops off when yur body decides it does not need it anymore, that you won't starve without it!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 04:23 PM   #11  

Talking Hola! I am new here as well.

Also "re-starting" my diet. I did so well before, then one day I went on vacation and just lost it and never really recovered from it...gained a lot and don't like myself anymore. Need to commit myself to this.
So, here I am. Found this site and love it. Have so many new recipes and ideas and love site all together. I need all the help I can get, so guys, keep talking, I am listening and getting ideas. Thank you so much!
Old 08-23-2005, 04:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

wow! so many of us on phase one and with such great beachers to help us and for us all to cheer each other on
Old 08-23-2005, 06:21 PM   #13  

Hello Ladies,

I think we've got a great group here.

Anderooni - I think that is a great idea on posting what we eaten. I tend to just eat the same thing over and over and that's probably why I end up failing. I know one key is to eat a variety of foods.

Gorin - I guess my SB days ended about a month ago right before I was giving my mom a birthday party. Was busy planning foods to eat for everyone and didn't really plan any SB friendly foods. One thing lead to another and 6 lbs gained back.

Today was a challenging day for me. I attended an away meeting, that was a hour drive away. Of course I like to munch on road trips but this time I just packed my moz cheese and some turkey breast rolls. For lunch was even more challenging, ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET. But I chose wisely, had baked chicken, lots of yellow squash, and a big salad. It was hard, the guys i was with, ate lots of fried foods and of course dessert. But at the end of the meal I was really proud of myself for sticking with my plan.

Tonight meal: cottage cheese, cucumbers, and grilled veggies.
desert: ff jello/FF coolwhip
(i'm single so my meals don't really sound good, but i'm only cooking for me).

What's everyone else eating tonight?
Old 08-23-2005, 07:04 PM   #14  

Talking 1day@atime!

just like your name says!!! you can do this and don't worry, this forum has your back! i'm a P1'r, too. i am on my 9th day. i'm amazed i made it this far. haha my tiny part time job boss keeps tons of BADBADBAD snacks in the office.. very tempting!!

i think it helps a lot coming here to this forum.. seeing how much weight ppl have lost doing this. this is my first time on SBD. i know this isn't your first time @ P1, but it's gonna be your last because we're all gonna graduate together and move on to P2.

good luck with yours and may God bless you with strong will and that goes for EVERYONE on here!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:09 PM   #15  

Thumbs up

oh yeah and tonight, we had a recipe i found for P1'rs for meat crust pizza, you could probably make a small serving for you and have some left over for another night. i will post you the recipe, it was really good!!

Meat Crust Pizza - South Beach Diet Recipe (Phase 1)

Brown about 2 pound of extra lean ground beef.

Preheat oven to 350

Put beef in a large bowl & mix well with 2 cups of Lf mozzarella cheese.

Spread mixture out like a pizza crust on a cookie sheet or a baking stone.

Put 1 cup pizza sauce on the mixture. Ragu is ok.(pizza sauce, no sugar in it)

Top with 1-2 cups of Lf shredded mozzarella.

Top with canadian bacon and or low fat pepperoni slices I usually just use the canadian bacon (optional onions, peppers, anything legal that you like on pizza's.)

Cook 15 min. or so (when top cheese starts to brown it is done.) Put foil on rack below to catch any drippings.

it was really great & i bought some throw away pizza pans for easy clean-up!
Closed Thread