Old 08-19-2005, 11:38 AM   #1  

Question 8-10 lb in 3 weeks?

I know the rule is no more than 2 lb per week for the most part. My question is....what do I need to do to lose 8-10 lb in 3 weeks? I have an event coming up that I would really like to lose 10 lb for. I just ( and I do mean just ) started taking daily walks. I have lost 36 lb since early March counting ( weight watchers) points.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
GregorysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 12:16 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Cut calories to 1200 a day and add more intense exercise (running, biking, power walking, jumping jacks--heavy cardio stuff). Cardio burns more calories than lifting weights (for immediate purposes, like what you are trying to do), and cutting calories to 1200 a day may not work for you long-term, but it should do the trick for just a couple weeks. Actually, maybe try cycling your calories--have a different amount every day and reach an average of 1200-1300 for each week (as a general rule, each WW point is approximately 50 calories--occasionally fat and fiber content affect those points, but this is generally true). If you really want to go all out, maybe even try reducing your sugar (if you haven't already)--lots of lean meats and veggies and "good" carbs.

Of course, everyone's body is different, blah blah blah, so these are just my suggestions
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 12:17 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Ha, ignore what I wrote about lean meats--I see now in your signature that you are a vegetarian Sorry! I guess more lean, umm, Boca?
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 12:38 PM   #4  

Great suggestions. Thank you! Oh, I didn't even think about sugar....good idea. I can definitely lessen my sugar intake. I have been eating weight watchers and slim bear ice cream sandwiches just about everyday. Also, more veggies. I have been really lazy about food prep lately. I guess I am experiencing a lull...sort of burned out. I also have a Starbucks habit. Although I need to stop that for other reasons ( $$$). Oh man, I just remembered....I am going to Disneyland tomorrow. Yikes! I'm going to have to figure out how to work that into my food plan. Don't worry about suggesting lean meats to me the vegetarian. Now, the one that gets me in trouble is cheese. I can barely eat cheese now it uses up so many points!

BTW- Congrats on your 30 lb loss. Wow! That's awesome!
GregorysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 02:08 PM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

From a quick Google of Disneyland restaurants:

The River Belle terrace has vegetable stew and a fresh fruit platter
Carnation Cafe has pasta
The French Market has soups and salads and jazz
Wine Country Trattoria has soups, sandwiches, pasta
Daisy's Diner has quick pizzas

For snacks, there's a frozen yogurt place and a fruit stand.

From the Disneyland site:

"Special dietary needs — including kosher, vegetarian and medically restricted diets — can be accommodated at most table-service restaurants. Request this service at least 24 hours in advance at (714) 781-DINE (3463)†."

A vegetarian restaurant site had this to say:

Disneyland
Bengal Barbecue, In Adventureland. Fruit plate (with yogurt), pretzels, Vegetarian Shishkabob has potatoes, bell pepper, zucchini, mushroom and onions.
Goofy's Kitch has a buffet with a good amount of vegetarian dishes. Eggless pasta with marinara sauce, salads, fruits, breads and juices. Potatoes with onion and green peppers, good selection of fruits and bagels for breakfast. Set price for the buffet. Price: $$.
River Belle Terrace, entrance of Adventureland and Frontierland, has Vegetable Stew.
Ville Verde, At Disneyland Hotel. Some of the homemade pastas do not contain eggs (some do, so check). Tomato Angel Hair Pasta and Basil. Fettuccine with Roasted Vegetables (Eggplant, zucchini, tomato, onion).
synger is offline   Reply With Quote