Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-18-2005, 12:21 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #144

Took FIL back to the hospital for more tests this morning. Had to have the dye and Xray this time. Took forever. I went up to my daughter's office and got a couple of forms and filled them out ... had in-laws sign them so my daughter could get on her computer at work & see the results of any tests they had done at the hospital as soon as they are done instead of having to wait on the Dr. to get the results and call them a day or 2 later. Sure helps having someone who works there. Her husband is head of security there, too, among other things. Between them, they have a lot of power. Makes a big difference! I sure hope nothing shows up in this test. Poor man has been through a lot.

Another funeral at church ... food at 12 today. I wimped out on this one. I took a bunch of food in last night and put it in the fridge ... $30 worth. Told them I had to take FIL to the hospital today and wouldn't be there to help ... sorry. I don't think they liked it much but I didn't really care. I'm tired. (I have fallen and I can't get up!)
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 06:35 AM   #2  

I hope he is ok, Meme. Cassidy got through the night without an episode. Going to see auntie. My back is killing me and I think the massage lady is on vacation. And I am $8oo short in my checking acct. I was so bad-I didn't balance it. I went back 6 months yesterday and didn't find it!! We were dealing with a lot of money when we bought the mobile home and the car!!!!! Bye for now Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 07:29 PM   #3  

Meme, I hope your FIL is ok. I think what you did at the church was fine. You needed to be with him.

Mima, I hate trying to balance the checkbook. I know that I need to do it because the statement came the other day. It's still on the kitchen counter calling my name. lol

Our county fair started today. Tim and Jessica are there. I might go for a while in the morning. My friend plays in a steel drum band and they are performing at 11:00.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 05:44 AM   #4  

Sounds like fun. I may go out to a Craft Fair this morning. Asked daughter, but it's not her thing. Have to wait to celebrate my bd because son is going to Chicago again but going to a Tearoom Monday with my friends. And I know Brad will take me out. 67!!! That's getting there. Went to a cookout last night at SIL's. I still don't know all her relatives-just our side. But it was nice. And cool!!Cassidy got through the night again. Med must be working. Bye for now. Mima
Old 08-20-2005, 07:13 AM   #5  

I think I'd enjoy the craft fair. I am such a klutz when it comes to crafts. I'm always amazed at what others can do.

Happy Birthday! You should go to Chicago with your son and celebrate. The cookout sounds like fun. We haven't cooked out this summer very much. We used to all the time. Hopefully Cassidy and the medicine will keep working.

Lazy morning so far. I did stuff at school and at home yesterday, so I almost feel caught up. lol
Old 08-20-2005, 12:38 PM   #6  

Happy Birthday, Mima.

Can't sit here but a minute. I've been in bed for 2 days. I have a horrendous pain in my right side and my shoulder and neck on the right side is hurting so bad I can't hardly use my arm. Hubby rubbed the muscle out and helped some but it's still killing me. I thought I pulled a muscle in my side but I looked up where the pain is on the net and now I see it could also be either gallbladder, liver or a pinched nerve in my back causing it. Bad thing is, I'm coughing from the allergies and sinus infection ... OUCH. Dr. called in some Cipro and some cough med. for me yesterday. I'm planning to just stay in bed until this goes away (or until I die one)!!! Well ... can't really stay in bed because I can't lay down. I spent part of the night in the recliner and part in bed propped up on pillows.

FIL got test results back ... Dr. said it was a staple left over from surgery blocking the tube. Said they'd leave it alone. Doesn't sound right to me. I'd be getting a second opinion. But you can't make him do that.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:20 PM   #7  

Meme, take care of yourself! It doesn't sound like gall bladder, at least not like my symptoms were.

I agree about your FIL. I say get that staple out of there!

we've had 2 storms go through this afternoon. The grass is actually starting to look green again. We just mowed on Wed. and Thurs., and it looks like it's time to mow again.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:10 AM   #8  

Good morning. Brad planted grass seed yesterday and it's raining. How good is that!!! Hope you feel better Meme. I went to the Craft Fair and it was great. Bought a sign for my front door painted by the girl I met Friday night who is my SIL's niece. She agreed that when we go to those functions, we don't know who anyone is. I think people assume we know each other. Cassidy is doing well but now he's tired all the time so I cut his med in half. I see why they recommended that. As long as he is comfortable!! Church today and I think we are going out to eat!! Mima
Old 08-22-2005, 07:02 AM   #9  

Thanks candice. Good to hear from you! Brad took me to a nice restaurant yesterday. Going to the tea room today. Motor wasn't in so I can't have my whirlpool yet. massage tomorrow! Cassidy seems ok-down to half a pill a day. I guess I wouldn't be good with a picture camera. Bye for now Mima
Old 08-22-2005, 11:05 AM   #10  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody- Happy Birthday Mima!!
Looks like it was my turn for computer problems.. Lightening hit my phone and got the modem in computer. I unpluged but forgot the phone lines. This time of he year storms can be bad. I had to buy new phone and get modem. Spent a bit of money last week.I had them put on Norton anti virus. Now this computer is so slow I can do my house work while I wait for something to happen.My brother will be here in October. He repaired computers for the army. He will look at it for me. If I can stand it that long.
Hope you are feeling better Meme. I have had a flare up in my ankle and can hardly walk today.. Part of getting younger.
I love craft fairs. I don't get to go often though. I like yard sales,but,with the price of gas I don't think I will be doing that either for awhile.
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:01 PM   #11  

Hi. Happy Birthday Mima. Hope you had/have a good one. I don't do crafts and rarely do I go to craft shows. So much of the stuff is just dust collectors I like stuff I can wash.

Meme - hope you are feeling better. I do hope you are just resting and not running around the countryside.

Candice - nice to see you post. Wish you felt better, but it seems that a LOT of people are not feeling so good. Has a lot to do with the weather, perhaps. Hope you get yourself a good doc. that can help you out with that back problem. Surgery works, some, but it isn't ALWAYS the answer.

Joanne - so that is where you have been. Glad you got it fixed and back online. I think most of the volatile weather has left this area for the year. It sure feels like Fall, however. The last couple of weeks, it was so cold. We beat records from 100 years back, for having the coldest day. Didn't even get out of the 40's!!! Then, on Friday it started warming up and we are up in the high 80's.

Tammy - Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's back to school, I go!!! Hope you getting yourself revved up!

Not much new here. Just been really busy with company. Now, I have to get ready to pack and move on the 31 Aug. Thank goodness it is just across the hall! Have been having waaaaaay to many bouts of fatigue lately. I just need some energy to keep going.

Everybody have a good day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:17 PM   #12  

A little better but still in bed. Have been since Friday night. In the bed and the recliner. The pain in my side is a lot better and my shoulder seems to be getting some better. Still coughing. The pain meds. and cipro and cough syrup all together make me so tired and sleepy I don't want to get up and do anything ... don't feel like it either. Everyone was shocked when I didn't show up for church yesterday. I never miss for anything (unless I'm in the bed sick). Hubby said the paino player could only play 4 songs ... all she knew. Maybe it'll make them apreciate me more. Preacher even sent me an email and told me I was missed! I didn't answer it ... thought I'd let him worry another day or two. I'm trying to stay away from the mouse on the big computer (I'm using the laptop) and, also, from the guitar for a week or so and let my shoulder get better. That's 2 things that really hurt ... I think the guitar may be what started the shoulder pain in the first place! It's just so hard to use the laptop ... I don't like it as well and I get along faster on my desktop computer. Oh well ... won't be doing much of either today. Just getting my mail has made me too tired to sit here. Gotta go. Have a good day!!! (I'm not checking for mistakes so look over them.) Tammy ... what were your gallbladder symptoms?
Old 08-23-2005, 06:12 AM   #13  

Well, Meme, you are doing the right thing staying in bed. Joanne, I know someone else that lost their modem from lightning. Most of the time I unplug mine but I have forgotten. They are always sending me something with the virus protection and it slows it down. But if you get a virus, you could lose your stuff. So Anne, you are moving across the hall!! I am glad this move is easier. I got a box from my son yesterday-surprise-a collage of pics. Went to the tea room-it was nice but there were tiny seeds in the chilled soup so I had to be careful. We shared some chocolate cake. 3 of my closest friends!! I said no gifts but I got a cute stone and a Happy Birthday Bear. The pump for the whirlpool is not here yet. Massage today. Mima
Old 08-24-2005, 07:54 PM   #14  

Tomorrow is the first official teacher day. Oh boy! Meetings all morning, hopefully working in classrooms in the afternoon. Friday we have meetings all day. 29th year, and I'm getting nervous. I've seen some of my students, and they are just way too excited to have me again. I might be in for an interesting year. lol I have 17 girls and 9 boys. I know that there are at least 4 stinkers in the crew. I'm tough though!!

I want a whirlpool. Right now. Maybe I could get one put in my classroom to help me relax while I teach! NOT.

When I had my gall bladder attacks, I had pains that started in the middle of my chest and went around to the middle of the back. I never had the nausea that some people have with it, just awful pain. I even argued with a doctor in the ER that I was having a heart attack when he kept telling me it was gall bladder. They had me hooked up to a monitor, so I guess he knew what he was talking about. That was the last attack, and I had surgery about 2 weeks later.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:11 AM   #15  

I figured you were back in school, Tammy. I don't have my whirlpool yet! I had a great massage ans it helped my back a lot. But I have had diverticulitis and called in a prescrption but they called it in to the WRONG pharmacy, Finally got it yesterday and it's already working. Finished the last 3 aprons yesterday, now making 6 plastic bag holders. They take 10 minutes each. I try new things to see what sells. Last year, I tried adult bibs!! Still have some left. Things sell more right before Christmas so I am setting up the Fair when I will be gone. Already have a couple who will set up-now I need to find the workers. This morning I am going to my aunt's to help her catch a wild cat-only that it doesn't have a home. In a have a heart trap. Hasn't got it so far-I bought some catnip this time. The cat is afraid ! She is so worried that no one will feed the cat when she moves!!! Is this your last year, tammy? Are you feeling better, Meme. Hi Joanne, Anne, Candice. Mima