South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 09:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Default Headach is this sugar withdraw?

Hello, I new to SBD I'm on day 8 P1. I woke this morning with a headach. I thought since I hadn't eaten but I ate. Still here. I can't recall when but I think someone said in a thread long ago that sometimes people get headaches from sugar/carb withdraws. Had this happen to any of you. Thanks in advanced for answering my questions.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:41 AM   #2  

This is very common in phase 1. Make sure you are getting enough healthy carbs from things like legumes and veggies and that you are drinking your water. Also, if you have cut out caffeine that can cause a headache. Remember you don't need to cut it out - just cut back to a cup or two.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:21 AM   #3  
Who needs sleep?

I had a terrible headache yesterday (day 2 ph 1). It's still here, but it's not so bad. DH and I both felt kind of tired and blah yesterday, too.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

I woke this morning with a headache too. I was thinking it was because I have cut out the sweet tea -- caffine and sugar withdrawl is the culpret for me I think. Yesterday I was really out of sorts and fatigued but today is better.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:52 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No need to cut caffeine unless it inhibits your weightloss. Be sure you are eating some SLOW carbs like milk, legumes and yogurt. That'll help a lot.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Thanks for the speedy replys. I drink 3 qts of water a day. Eat meat(P1) some beans. I eat lots of veggis. (garden is full) I drink coffee off and on when I want a lift in the morning. I have yogurt (Natural) no
sugar added . I add splenda, cinn, and Vanilla. I think I'll try and up my water. If is just one of those things that happen on SBD because of changes in diet I'm fine with that. I believe I'm doing everything right. Have anyone had them even when they are doing the right things? If so how long before they go away. ( this is my 1st one)
Old 08-17-2005, 09:32 PM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

A lot of us here suffered when we first started. (how long ago was that, Ruthie?)
The headache (I remember it well... it's nasty, isn't it?) should be gone within a couple of days. Hang in there, girls!
Closed Thread