Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 11:05 AM   #1  

Default Jamba Juice Enlightens & Organic Burritos?

Had a question for Phase 2.....

Was wondering about if you can have the jamba juice enlighten smoothies in replacement of fruit?? Of coarse....only as a treat on vacation but not all the time.

Also had a question about the organic burritos at Costco. In them are: Burrito filling..organic pinto beans, organic brown rice, soy cheddar cheese, tomatoes, organic tomato puree, filtered water, green chilis, onion,herbs and spices, tamari, cilantro, sea salt, arrowroot and organic unbleached flour tortilla. The only thing I might see that can be a no no is the tortilla.

Any suggestions??
Old 08-16-2005, 11:48 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What's in a a JJ smoothie? I am pretty sure fruit would be better but please post the ingredients and the nutritional information.

As to the burritos, you are right - the regular flour tortilla is the culprit. There is a recipe for burritos in the Recipe Section, I believe. They could be made and frozen.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:43 PM   #3  

Here is what Jamba says:

Along with all-natural fruit and 100 percent fruit juice, our Enlightened Smoothies are made with SPLENDA® which is a no-calorie sweetener that's made from real sugar and tastes just like it, but your body doesn't metabolize it as a carbohydrate. We found it was the perfect ingredient to blend with nonfat milk and whey protein to create our lower calorie dairy base. And the delicious results are in: 1/3 less calories and almost half the sugar*. The more delicious the means to enlightenment, they say, the more profound the happiness.The Jamba team spent over two years in our California R&D Lab to develop a delicious smoothie worthy of the Jamba Juice name and reputation for great taste. To reduce the sugar content, we removed the sherbet/sorbet/non-fat vanilla yogurt (depending on the product) as well as reduced the amount of fruit juice on average by 2/3. Then we added more fruit to keep the same great taste, as well as a proprietary low calorie smoothie base, called the lower calorie dairy base.Jamba's proprietary lower calorie dairy base contains nourishing ingredients like non-fat milk, natural flavors, whey protein and Splenda. Splenda is a no-calorie sweetener that's made from sugar so it tastes like sugar, with no unpleasant aftertaste. Although Splenda is made from sugar, the body does not recognize it as sugar or as a carbohydrate. It is not metabolized by the body, so it is calorie-free. When the lower calorie dairy base is whipped up with fruit and natural fruit juice, the end product is a smoothie that is rich and creamy with all of the great taste you'd expect from Jamba.Our smoothies are made with 100% natural, real fruit - which is a simple and complex carbohydrate – and the good kind your body needs to burn for fuel. It’s not like the refined sugar you pour in your coffee, or the sugary frosting on a cake. Refined sugars are empty calories; unlike fruit, which provides energy for the body and is packed with vital nutrients like vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants that may help reduce the risk of cancer and other disease. Active
people need carbs for both their bodies and brains to function properly. Jamba smoothies are a quick way to add 3-4 servings* of fruit to your day in one quick, delicious meal or snack.

Thanks too for the input on the burrito! I kind of figured that one wasn't good....but always good to check.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:24 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hmmmm.....quite a hype on the Jamba. We really don't need 3-4 servings of fruit in one "quick delicious meal or snack". Don't they have a list of ingredients?
I think I'd make my own fruit smoothies when I hit Phase II. Then I'd know what was in them and the calorie count. An apple is 81 calories and a banana is 109 so that shake could be pretty high depending on the fruit.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:49 PM   #5  

ok, thanks for the response. They didn't list ingredients which I was really surprised but I think I will stick with regular fruit too.
Closed Thread