South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 06:09 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday On The Beach

There's a gorgeous pink and blue sunrise out there and the cardinals are singing as if it's spring again! Bird brains!

I'm feeling pretty wiped after all the excitement of the past week but today is going to be a more serene day! I've got pottering round to do and will visit Harry this afternoon.

What's on your agenda? After breakfast, of course!

Old 08-16-2005, 06:55 AM   #2  

Morning Ruth! Hope that you can get some rest this week, it sounds like you have been B-U-S-Y!

Barb How was Brian's first day? What was your impression of his teacher?

Can someone please reassure me that I will one day feel rested? My heavens, I felt like I was cruising along this summer as the mother of two- but going back to work is kicking my butt!! (If only it was kicking my butt to the curb! ) I didn't realize just how much I hate my husband's work hours, but I truly feel like I am doing this on my own. We each take one of the girls every morning, which helps my morning routine, but we are getting zero family time. He promises me this is short term and that I need to look long term, but it is hard to do somedays.

Okay, now that I got that off of my chest- Have a super day on the beach!! I may actually make my August goal! I just have to be creful not to overeat on our weekend jaunt to Ohio. (Where there will be delicious food and mucho alcohol!)
Old 08-16-2005, 08:25 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Ruth, here's to an uneventful week for you!

Kiko, I'm sorry about your family time. I know how rough that can be. Hang in there, sweetie... it will get better.

Ashley, sending you a big hug, too. Yes, you're younger than us, but we've all been there, and for a lot of us, it seems like yesterday. It can be a rough time, but you should feel very proud of yourself for getting on top of your weight. Once you succeed (and I have no doubt that you will), you'll have the skills you need to keep the weight off. Many of us here wish that we'd learned those skills at your age. You're one up on us, hon. Hang in there.

BB, that's so cool that your son's song is going to be aired! I wish him great success.

Kierie, you're crazy busy, girl! I'm sorry your time with your friends fell through. I'll bet a lot of them envy you your situation.

Heather, how old is your DS? He sounds like a sweetheart.

Not much going on for me today. Which is good, because I have some unexpected court work to do later this week, and it's STRESSING ME OUT!
I think I'll read my DD's new Harry Potter today. That'll relax me.

What's everyone up to today?
Going to check on yesterday's news...
Old 08-16-2005, 08:31 AM   #4  

Good morning Gals!

I got up and at it this morning. Cooked breakfast and sat down and ate it in peace. I got DS to daycare on time and made it to work on time. I stayed OP all day yesterday. I didn't make it to the gym last night like I wanted, but I did dance around like a crazy woman to Barney with my 3 year old!

I am feeling good. Tomorrow I plan on going to Dollywood with one of my friends that is in town. I have been thinking of what I am going to sneak in to eat. I think I have it worked out that I can avoid cheating, most of the day!

Here's to a good day on the beach for everyone!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:34 AM   #5  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Good morning Ruth, Kiko & Ellis.

Ruth - I love it when nature presents morning gifts, it's a nice way to start the day.

Kiko - As a full-time employed mother of 4 children with DH working 5 pm to 3 am in the morning, I feel your pain. My DH also says his shift is temporary. Let's both hope for that to be true.

Ellis - Enjoy your day reading and relaxing. My kids have those books, but I've not gotten around to reading any of them.

And to everyone else that is posting at the same time as me, Happy Tuesday.

PS. My schedule today is the same as every Tuesday... work, work, work. But I do like my job, so it's not so bad.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:35 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Well, still nauseous. Was fine until I opened up the fridge and caught a wiff of the casseroles I just made Sunday. Then I came into the bedroom and I smell something funny in here, too (although Terry has no idea what I'm talking about.) It's not the ketosis smell, either.

Going to the doc this morning for lab work. All my symptoms don't sound like any virus they've ever heard of, so they want to check my levels.

Otherwise, it's Registration Day at school. AAAGGGHHHH!!!!! Day from ! I'll be there until 8pm tonight, and then have to go "socialize" with all the teachers afterwords at a fine mexican restaurant, where I can't have my vegetarian options. I'm going to have to have a taco salad, no shell, no meat, no tomato, extra beans, cheese, salsa, and a dollop of sour cream. Yum. (I'd rather have a bean burrito, cheese enchilada, and tostada, but then again, I also want to be skinny.)

Just complaining. I've kind of been in a y mood lately. Sorry chicks. Hope you all have a good day.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:12 AM   #7  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' Chickies!! Well, I'm back from my vacation and don't dare step on the fat-o-meter yet! It's TOM plus too much food and alcohol will probably make it explode! Today I'll start P1 for a week or so to readjust my body! I missed everyone and can't wait to catch up on what you gals have been up to...and meet the new gals here. Sorry can't reply to everyone but I've got a meeting in 20 minutes! Catch ya later!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:26 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Morning all!!
Djett- where r u from? My sister lives right by Dollywood in Sevierville. We almost moved there last fall.
Ruth- Have a nice visit with Harry today!
Pear- We been missing you. You have a nice trip?
Kiko- I know what u mean..I am so tired and can't seem to catch up on sleep
Weezle- maybe preggers???
Ellis- Good morning u crazy girl!! Hope you are having a great day!!
Nittany- This time will pass, I think we have all been there..and it is no fun.
Everyone else- good morning & have a great OP day
Me- DS started football last night...looks like we will be eating late several nights a week....but I think he is going to really enjoy it. The are calling him "Big Man"...I think he has a natural talent...I love to watch him. I have stayed completely OP for a while now...waiting to see some results...does not look like I am going to make my goal for Aug.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:46 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ruth that sounds so Serene and Wonderful I want to have coffee at your house!
Kiko: I hear you on the time to yourself! While I'm not a mom DH and I work full time and we're both doing sidework and fam drama left and right We'll get through it one day at a time!
Ellis you will LOVE harry 6 I'm slowly rereading it for the second time.
Dana you are Superwoman today!
Morning Nittany!
Welcome back Pear!
Kye thats awesome about your DS
I'm just workin today
Made a yummy dinner last night Chicken and Zuch Sauteed over Spag Squash
While ofcourse I sliced myself in the prices it was still good!
bbl
Kierie
Weez why can''t you ahve Tomatoes?
Old 08-16-2005, 10:11 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning!

Ruth -- hugs to Harry!

Kiko -- hugs to you! I don't know how moms do it!

Ellis -- I liked Harry Potter 3 best! Although HP 6 gives a lot of background info!

Dana -- I went to Dolly World once when I stayed in a cabin in Tennessee in the Smokeys, only it was closed as it was early March and "spring break" Have Fun!

Morning Nittany!

Feel better Weezle and let us know what happens!

Welcome back Pearshape!

KYe -- the month of August isn't over yet - Don't give up!

KO -- wanna come cook for me?? You don't want to know what I had for dinner!

Me: Gearing up for my trip to Maine on Thursday. Hoping to get out and walk a lot more and eat fresh foods. HB doesn't drink so I won't have to worry too much about have nice tropical drinks and such (some in her family are alcoholics).

I won't get on the scale until the end of the month. I can still come back and at least lose the 4 pounds I GAINED! Maybe lose one more?

I keep self sabotaging...
Old 08-16-2005, 10:12 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone!
I got back from vacation and was welcomed with cat puke EVERYWHERE and our wall paper peeling due to water damage...YUP welcome home chels!! So after driving for 21 hours and not sleeping I got to clean up the apartment before crashing in bed...boooo
and TONIght i have my last class with my 5 page paper due and a final to boot YUK!

But the good news is that I did not gain any weight on vacation but instead lost a pound....due to TONS of excercise its good to be back..but We are thinking of moving out there next october...one more year of school!!!!
glad all of you are doing well!
Old 08-16-2005, 10:15 AM   #12  

Kiko - Brian seems to really like his teacher. I've heard from lots of parents that his teacher is a really good one. He was happy to tell me that he had done his reading at day care until I read the letter from the teacher and told him that the reading had to be done out loud to an adult - so he had to read the 16 page book again last night to me. I told him he can still read at day care if he finds an adult to read to. I know they want to have someone there in case he has problems with pronounciation or doesn't understand a word but he is a very good reader. He also had his list of 15 words to copy twice and study for Friday's spelling test. Some of the words were tougher than I would have expected for the first week of 3rd grade - words like descent, rappel, trek, ledge, dangerous. He'll know them by Friday though since we'll work on them eat night. One thing he was not thrilled about was that the new principal got rid of their lunchtime recess and reduced their normal recess period from 30 minutes to 20. I'm afraid that some of the more active kids will have trouble getting used to sitting still so much but I understand they need as much time to prepare for TAKS as possible.

Ruth - Sounds like it will be a gorgeous day for you. We've been down about 4 inches on rain for the year and we've made it all up this week. Looks like another day of rain. But the plants need it and it does mean it is cooler.

ellis - reading is my favorite way to destress. Exercise also works but given a choice, I love to read. I saw lots of people in the airports reading the new Harry Potter.

djett - Dancing to Barney sounds like fun! And it definitely can count as exercise. Good luck at Dollywood.

weezle - I had a period in my life where I had a lot of nausea. I never felt like eating. I was also going through a lot of stress at the time (bad marriage). After ruling everything out, my doc put me on phenergan. I full pill would make me nauseous but a half a pill really helped my stomach. Once I was past the stress, I didn't need it any more. I'm hoping that your problem is resolved soon and you feel better.

KO - That dinner sounds good. I had chicken parmesan last night with steamed broccoli and squash casserole. I also made WW penne pasta for DH and Brian but I filled up on veggies and chicken and was too full for pasta.

Good morning, Nittany, kyemom and Pearshape!

Me - I got in a good workout last night but we ate a little late since Brian had gymnastics. Then the rest of the evening was spent prompting him to get his homework done and getting him to bed on time.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:31 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning Barb and Angel. We posted around the same time!
Old 08-16-2005, 10:42 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyemom
Morning all!!
Djett- where r u from? My sister lives right by Dollywood in Sevierville. We almost moved there last fall.

I'm from Knoxville! I have season passes to Dollywood You will have to look me up when you come to visit your sister.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:45 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb0522

djett - Dancing to Barney sounds like fun! And it definitely can count as exercise. Good luck at Dollywood.
It was a lot of fun! I got my heart rate up and DS was laughing up a storm. It was good in so many ways!
Closed Thread