South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 05:06 PM   #1  

Default My fave 'quick and easy' meal.

Hey guys! I just thought I'd add a little something that I love to eat and is phase one friendly. It takes about 5 minutes and is so good. I'm not sure if any of you have ever had an aristocrat but they're an open faced sandwhich with ham and turkey. It has a dressing over it with blue cheese and beer. My mom went on Atkin's some time ago and altered it to fit her needs. I also have taken liberaties with it to make it SB style.

You take about 4 slices of healthy choice turkey, and 4 slices of ham and place it on a few sheets of tin foil. Put your broiler on high and place it in the oven. When the edges start to get crispy add your choice of low fat cheese, I prefer Swiss or Mozarella. When the cheese begins to brown add some blue cheese dressing on top. Allow it to heat and solidify some and then plop it on a plate and enjoy.

I had it tonight with a piece of string cheese followed by my 'No Pudge' Sugar and Fat Free fudge bars. Just thought I'd drop a quick idea since you guys have been so helpful to me. Thanks guys!! Enjoy!!

Last edited by xoash75xo; 08-15-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:51 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

But....where are the veggies?
Old 08-15-2005, 05:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ashley

That sounds great to me, and would make a quick breakfast - like Ruth said you do need to add some veggies to this, but I will definitely try this for breakfast with selection of veggies on the side.

Thanks for the idea!
Old 08-15-2005, 06:16 PM   #4  

That sounds yummy! It sounds like it would be good w/ some tomato slices and/or some avocado slices on there, too. (Or, veggies on the side!)
Old 08-15-2005, 06:54 PM   #5  
I will be-SEXY mom of 6!

Sounds really good! If only my broiler would work! Errr.....
Old 08-15-2005, 09:03 PM   #6  
Who needs sleep?

Ditto on the vegs - gotta eats them veggies! Also, check the ingredients in the dressing for sugars and for saturated fat content. Food manufacterers just LOVE to sneak sugar into all kinds of surprising things!

Are the No Pudge sf ff bars good? I bought some but I haven't tried them yet. I have had sf Fudgesicles and I don't really like them - they are weirdly sticky!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:44 PM   #7  

Honestly, I'm tricking myself into liking them. They taste like splenda which isn't my favorite, but I'm enjoying them to the fullest considering it's a limited option, I want the fs instead, but they were out. But they're tolerable!!
Closed Thread