South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 02:45 PM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Red face Pigs Anon

Warning: DO NOT READ THIS THREAD IF IT WILL SEND YOU RUNNING SCREAMING TO THE CORNER STORE FOR SNACKS!!

Okay, girls. (and guys?)
There are a number of people here who have a difficult time staying OP (on plan) when others mention their slip-ups. You know... talking about pizza, donuts, chips, chocolate, cake, bread and butter, baked potatoes with sour cream and butter... oh, I could go on and on forever.

So if you must cheat and tell, this is the thread for you!

And beware... if we see any "bad food words" in other threads, we will be ***** them out.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #2  
Who needs sleep?

Good idea, Ellis - I've been trying to avoid mentioning OP foods (before I started Phase 1) for fear that it would spark a craving somewhere. I did use some emoticons once representing OP foods, but I *think* that's it for me.

I try to keep in mind 1 Corinthians 8, especially verse 13:"Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble." Even if one isn't a Christian, that verse still seems pretty relevant to the boards here, and to the purpose of the boards (IMHO).
Old 08-15-2005, 03:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I have problems with bite size rich, bakery items especially chocolate in a party or busy setting. If it's only sweet, I can say no. If it's a full size what ever, I'm very good at having 1/2 a serving if I really enjoy it and not go back for more. But something about bite size makes me think it's only a nibble and it won't matter to just take a taste this once, which was actually a 3rd or 4th or heck who's counting it's just a bite and it doesn't matter right? Evil bite size

Sarah
Old 08-15-2005, 03:24 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And the first person who says to a Pig Anonymous "Don't be so hard on yourself" will suffer the Wrath of Ruth. No enablers allowed!
Old 08-15-2005, 03:46 PM   #5  

Hey Ruth, I like the "no enablers." We ate things we know are not best for us and we don't need some one telling us, "It's ok to do that." It's really not ok if we want to lose the weight and keep it off permenantly.

Oh, how about the mutliple servings of nuts in one day-shoot how about 1 sitting? See, I know exactly why I'm not losing weight! I'm just very surprised that I haven't gained it all back by now.
Sarah
Old 08-15-2005, 05:14 PM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Well, I'm going to cry. My MIL is taking my husband out to dinner at D'Arcy's Pint, a local pub/eatery here in Springfield. They have the BEST Irish food ever. Irish meaning "potato everything." I'm skipping out completely just because I know I can't have potato everything. I MISS POTATOES! French Fries, Irish Mashers, Irish Nachos, dang!

Is it so bad if you have Irish Nachos? It's sour cream, cheese sauce, black olives, jalapenos, and onions on a bed of waffle fries. Is that so awful????

I'll stay home and have a handful of nuts and a salad. Mmm boy. Yum. South Beach Gourmet.

Someone talk me into being happy as a skinny woman, please! I'm missing potatoes so much I'm about to say "Well I'd be happier fat." (Notice that potatoes are more tempting for me than beer. I'm a potatoholic.)

So, I'm not caving in to potatoes, I'm just ing because I can't have them. Ever again. I might just die from potato starvation.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:31 PM   #7  

One word....baklava...my daughter got some as a gift today and she said "Hey Mom this is one of your mast favorite things...do you want a piece? You can go back on south beach right after!"
I resisted...but now it is all I can think about...
so I made myself a south beach cobbler..
marion and raspberries...with a little carmel torani sugar free syrup..
topping: 2 TBLS oats....2 TBLS whole wheat flour....pumpkin pie spice, splenda and 1 TBLS trans fat free margerine..
I am about to go taste it....I hope its good...maybe it will take away my want for baklava...just the word...yummmmm!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:50 AM   #8  

I spent the weekend at my parents...my Mom overfed me...SOUTH BEACH what?! Anyway, started over yesterday. I am sure my 4 pounds I lost last week are all back...I was afraid to check the scale plus it is TOM!!! OH WELL....I see my parents every 6+ months so I figure I am on track NOW and won't get sidetracked by little stuff....well until I take my vacation in September. Ha, Ha....after that I swear that is it for a while!!!! Got to lose the rest of the pounds!!!

I know better. See me kicking myself in the ***.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:54 AM   #9  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

To Weezle and all of us chicks: A friend once told me that no food is going to taste as good as a size (4,6,8 insert your goal here) is going to feel. I've not gotten to my goal yet, but I'll let you know if this is true when I get there.

PS. My eternal weakness is really good homemade potato salad. I could eat it by the pound. And I actually did this weekend and almost had to call off work yesterday, my belly was SOOOOO upset with me...
Old 08-16-2005, 10:54 AM   #10  

I love the 'no enablers' rule. But what do we do now? Give eachother *ss-kickings for every confession? Wag the naughty-finger? Where do we draw the line between support and enabling?!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:09 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Ok...now I am a bit miffed.

I thought of this thread as a safe place to confess that I was eating poorly without throwing others off course as well.

Now I am going back to delete my post as I feel like I am being poked fun of!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:54 PM   #12  
RNMOM

Default yummy

My favorite pig out food is Krispy Kreme donuts. Glazed with chocolate frosting. They are so light and fluffy that I have to eat about 6!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:33 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Whoooaaaaa. Jenne, who's poking fun at you? We're all just confessing ways we've cheated (I haven't broken down yet this time around, but Lord knows I did last time) and venting about the foods that really set us off. I don't think anybody was intentionally trying to hurt any feelings or poke fun.

This is a safe place to talk about pretty much anything, within reason. Try not to take things the wrong way, although I do know that it's hard to interpret how people are saying things when you read them off the computer screen. No tone of voice!

Good luck to you on staying OP and reaching your goal. And that goes for everybody else, too! (and me.)
Old 08-16-2005, 04:26 PM   #14  
going places

It was me weezle...I posted that I'd went overboard on water and veggies yesterday in attempt at humor and to lighten things up a bit. I didn't stop to think that it may be taken wrong.

Jenn, my apologies.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:02 PM   #15  

Did you delete the message soon after posting? I never saw it. I posted something that I didn't like it after I re-read it and deleted it a few minutes later. I sent her a PM apologizing if she read it and thought I was being mean.

It's a reminder that what we type doesn't really convey what we mean because we can't do facial expressions or tone of voice very well in writing. So we need to re-read and think about what we post to make sure it's saying what we mean for it to say.

Sarah
Closed Thread