WW Clubs and Groups - August 15-21 Chick Chat

View Full Version : August 15-21 Chick Chat

KO
08-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Morning Ladies
I'm trying to Pep Myself up this AM. Soem of my friends were supposed to hang out with me tonight or so I thought and things fell through in favor of another friend. Who Lives in the city and doesn't work full time. So color me ditched
I have to remember I'm 29 Married and have a full time Job most of them are 23/24 single and students. It just sucks some times
Saturday we went Ocean Fishing in a 110 heat index! But it was still fun and I caught 5 fish!
Yesterday we went to a train museum in Whippany with SIL and her 2 kids it was fun Sarah my lil Neice wanted to hang out with me I felt special!
I finally bought a dress for the wedding yesterday. 5 stores and only one dress
Most either didn't carry any formal wear unless you were anorexic I saw alot of 2's Loehmanns (to quote Fran Drescher) The Mother ship NOThing formal for the voluptuous Chick. I hit our local shi shi mall and in a half hour Hit Macys Neimans Nordstrom and Bloomies ( when I know what I want I shop like a guy) Nordstrom and Bloomies were the only ones who even had plus sized formal wear. The Woman In Macys was going to get a slap from me if she said one more time "It just doesn't sell"
Bloomies had alot of crazy old woman dresses and Insane Gypsy Stevie Nicks Dresses
Nordstrom had 1 a 14WP (I probably could have done with a 16WP) its long and black knit with a hit of shimmer and a Silver and black short Jacket. It's a little tight around the tumular region But I think I can stretch it and its back to phase 1 for me today.
I will be the bling bling queen in the dress!
Today I'm swilling a coffee (a habit I'm going back to ) I'm using whole milk down from my usual cream and eventually progressing to 1%
you can't go from Cream to skim it's just bad!
Come out and Play Ladies!
By the way Mareike SIL means Sister in Law and I'll check out your cheerleading site today at lunch :)
Kierie

Lollybird
08-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Good morning Kier - or rather, good afternoon from this end! Wow, sounds like you had quite a w/e - are you going to eat the fish you caught? or do you just plop them right back in? And I *so* hear you about the formalwear - I have to go to a wedding on Friday week and I seriously have nothing to wear. I mean, I actually don't own anything that could be worn on a formal occasion. And do the shops have anything in my size? Of *course* not :( Your dress sounds pretty, though - and hey, if it's just tight around the tum, you could always get some control knickers for the day. I think of them as magic pants! :devil:

And so funny what you said about the coffee - I just bought skimmed milk today for the first time EVER, to have with my coffee at work. Can't have it at home, DH would mutiny. But I 'only' lost 0.5lb this week, so I am squeezing out the points wherever I can. It's really not that bad. Really. (do I sound convinced?!)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, better get back to work. Back later!

Lollybird
08-15-2005, 10:37 AM
oh oh oh forgot to say - yesterday we *finally* made it to the beach after days of rain and it was SO COOL! It is a wild and not touristy beach with huge dunes and I walked for miles and went in the sea (the Irish Sea!) and BOY! are my legs feeling it today. And when we move house it will be right at the end of the road!

KO
08-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Lolly I'm sitting here tummy toning in my seat! you exhale completely contract your stomach muscles and breathe shallowly for 30 ish seconds
Magic Pants LOVE IT!
Walking on the beach over looking the Irish sea sounds soo nice! and with your house so close!
We're hoping for Rain here I grass is burnt out adn the heat/humidity is so high it's too gross to go out

Mareike
08-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Hello Ladies!

Kierie: Thank you for the translation-service of the SEL.
I'm happy to hear about you getting the formal dress.

Lolly: Feeling sad that you did not get one :(

I did overeat a bit on my DHs birthdayparty on saturday. But I charged it against my sport-bonus-points and so it as ok.

Sunday I cooked a experimental meal with cocoa-milk and it tasted horrible. Waht luck I cooked too much Pommes Frittes and Sausages for my DH, so that I could eat a bit of them. That was it then for sunday. Few food besides the sausages an I was OP!

Today I ate mashed potatoes and red cabbage. Very tasty!!!

Tomorrow is my parents silver wedding and I have to concentrate me on my points. There will be lots of tasty and very fat food!!!

My sister cought money from the whole family to buy a hollywood-swing for them but told me this morning that she didn't manage to buy it. And the garden centre can bring it next week.

I was so AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

I'm so happy that I have another a present for my parents. I created a photobook and let a internetshop print it. And I'm going to sing a song for my parents tomorrow night with m guitar.
I colected nice stories about them in the whole family and texted them to the melody of a popular german pop-song.

So at least I have not to go there with nothing to give in my hands.

I'm so angry! My sister had half a year to buy the swing and she told me today that she didn't do that!!!

Ok that was it from me.
Have a nice day!

Mareike

KO
08-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Mareike that's frustrating! but your book and song will Make them feel great!
I love red cabbage!
I'm procrastinating at work so I better put my nose to the grindstone!

Lollybird
08-15-2005, 02:12 PM
ooh ooh me too, I *love* red cabbage, especially with apple and onion and spices (I spent a lot of time in Poland a few years back!). Mareike, your song sounds so cool - I hope someone will tape it for you, for posterity ;) Kier - how are the crunches? Tell me if they work and I will try them!

DH is making lovely tuna pasta bake for tea tonight. Unfortunately we aren't topping it with cheese and onion crisps (=chips in the US) like my mum used too, but instead with breadcrumbs and reduced fat cheese. It will still be DELICIOUS and after that I have points left for ice cream! Yay!

bye for now

Sweater Girl
08-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Ah so Red Cabbage is a Polish thing? No wonder why I like it so much (I am half Polish, don't speak it though).

Anyway hope all you ladies are doing well. I had a serious discussion with my FH (future husband) and he wants to get married sooner... actually he wants to elope, but I want my family there. So we actually are discussing having a small ceremony and then a party later on... I am thinking of a candle light wedding....

You see, I won a trip and I have to take it by March 2006. My FH made the point of "you won a trip, that's a paid for honeymoon". I want to take the trip in November so we shall see... I do have one slight complication and that is that I might need surgery... I have no idea when they would schedule that either....

So anyway, I am waiting to do any planning until I discuss stuff with my OB/GYN and see what has to be done with my cervix (I am facing a cold-knife cone biopsy if things don't improve). My Appointment with the doc is August 30th.

I talked to both my mom and the MOH (maid-of-honour) about moving up the wedding. My mom is super supportive and is willing to help me find a minister and would pay for the dinner. The ceremony would include about 15 people and we'd just have a nice relaxing dinner out after.

Then have a party in the winter and make it really relaxed and a fun evening...

I never really wanted to be a conventional bride anyway. I just want to be married.

Again this might not happen this way, we're just discussing it as an idea (well actually, he told me... go ahead plan it.... now I gotta clear the plans with him, I kept asking him if he was serious and he kept saying yes...). I've always loved the idea of a small ceremony. Yes, you do leave people out, but they can celebrate it later in a fun way.

Kierie: I used to have on of those gyspy dresses;) I wore it for my 20th bday!!

Mareike: I am sure the party will go well anyway, have fun!!

Lolly: I haven't been to a beach in 2 years. I doubt I'll go this summer... but hey this fall I'll be down in Mexico!

Cheers!

Ali:)

KO
08-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Ali:
I will be keeping a good thought for your medical stuff lady.
Wedding Stuff. If it is really what you want then totally go for the small Intimate wedding and dinner. This way you have all the people you love and none of the ones you hug and say oh god get me away from them!
What you can then do is Send out a Wedding announcement with the Party info.
Or do you want a bigger wedding?
This is your day! No vacation or whatever should motivate you to change it if you've always dreamed of a Huge White wedding (or Champagne wedding in My case)
Just my 2 cents.
Not much going on here today just work Bleh
I'm going to post 2 nummy recipes later
Kierie

Sweater Girl
08-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Kierie: Na, I think big weddings are fun, but quite honestly it's never been me. I was never one of those girls that dreamt of doves, limos or even a tierd cake... In fact, when I first started to think about getting married recently I wanted to wear a pink dress... Yes, I am probably the preppiest alterna chickie I know!

Cheers!

Ali

Lollybird
08-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Good evening from the UK!
Ali, I didn't know you were half Polish - jaki ciekawy! (how interesting) - have you ever been? I haven't been over for about 5 years now, and I miss it. Not to mention forgetting all the Polish I learned... And you know, when it comes to your wedding you have to do it your way, because really, it's all about you. Just remember to keep us all updated :D Sending you good vibes for the tests. Sounds like you've really been through the mill these last few months. And you're still running! So impressed!

Kier - looking forward to the recipes! Can you post the cheesecake one you mentioned before also?

BTW, I have just, for the first time in my life, written a letter (well, an e-mail) to a national newspaper (The Observer). I was so incensed by a tv review they published, about a new environmental programme they are showing this week. The lady who is presenting the programme is a serious environmentalist and extremely professional and you know what the review said? It said she 'looks as if she regularly consumes enough food to feed a small country for a year'. How gratuitous is that? I bet they wouldn't dare make a similar comment about somebody's race or sexuality or disability or even their hair colour. And I bet they wouldn't have thought it was worth mentioning if she was a man. I was SO furious, still am actually. I wonder if they will write back?

Hope you're all having a lovely day!

Jen-L
08-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Hi... I haven't posted here in eons after I was razzed about something I said.... So now that I have forgotten why people were so mean, I decided to pop back in and say HI. I am very busy at work since my jobbed did a 180. I am usually exhausted. I am still struggling after having 2 kids.... BTW congrats Belle....

Well, just wanted to say HI and wonder if anyone remembers me....

KO
08-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Hey Jen-L
I just finished my work project and I popped on for some Relaxation. and I was likeOMG JEN-L!
You made me smile tonight! Come back and post with us!
-Kierie

KO
08-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Good Morning!
My WOE is kicking butt actually I'm down 2 more to 192. I don't really believe it and lol I don't trust it. But I'm digging the honeymoon phase.
One thing I noticed and I wanted to bounce this off you ladies
Since I'm not eating away Neg Emotions I'm not really sure what to do with them. Wierd huh? I don't want to scream and yell or become a B!tcher. So options for letting out would be great.
bbl
Kierie
Todays comment in the Mirror was Holy shmoly I'm smaller!
I'm also wearign a skirt that I used to feel like a sausage in

Lollybird
08-17-2005, 11:06 AM
Go Kier! Wow, that must feel great, with the skirt ... hey, maybe your new dress will fit just fine after all :) As for -ve emotions ... exercise? worry beads? a mantra? counting to 10? I guess it depends what sort of emotions they are...

Jen? Jen? Is it you? I remember you! I remember when you had Emma and now I read you have 2 daughters ... I just came back last months after 3 years, and since I've been here Stacy and Kim have both popped in, not to mention Becky and Belle and Ali and Kier as well as the new peeps. Come back and let's catch up!

Well, I didn't hear back from the newspaper yet ... but maybe I won't - I'll just be glad if they read it, as long as they don't go printing my letter without warning me. That happened to me once before - I posted a comment on a magazine's website, something about cellulite, and the next month, there it was on their letters page, in the print edition, looking for all the world as if I'd sat down and written them a letter about cellulite! Like I care that much!

Have just been to the end of the communal garden here and picked all the blackberries and my arms are scratched! but I got over a pound and we're having them for dessert tonight, in a crumble. YUM!

right, better go and think about making the crumble topping...

See you later!

Jen-L
08-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey Lolly... Yup it's me. I have 2 girls, Emma (will be 5 in Oct.) and Kate (Katherine, 2 1/2). They keep me so busy. Kate is potty training as I speak. She is one stubborn little rough and tumble kid. I gotta post pics, she is the cutest little tom boy! Emma is a princess and told me last week she wants to be a cheerleader. Don't know where she got that from!!!

I'm still chubby, I am so up and down. My job has changed so much and it keeps me so busy, not to mention it is very stressful. I had a breakdown last week an almost walked off the job, OK I did, but I came back. If there was one thing I want to change, it is the stress. I work with family and it has not been pretty the last year!!!

KO, get a journal. Don't you like to write?? Or have an on-line blog. Someplace to vent your frustrations. Awesome on the losses. I fail at exercise. I don't know if anyone remembers, but before kids and even before Kate, I used to exercise a minimum of 5 times a week. I know this is why I am a yo-yo'er! I really need a kick in the butt to get my exercise in. Mornings are now out, this is when I used to do it. But getting myself and 2 kids ready and me to work by 7:30, there is no way. After work I am so tired, this is what I need to fix!

OK, gotta get some work done. I was in a meeting all morning, now I feel very behind, but don't want to do anything. Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Belle2000
08-17-2005, 11:09 PM
HEy all! I thought that Red Cabbage was German (being half German myself). I LOVE Cabbage and Sour Kraut, but baby doesn not love it, so I can't eat it til I wean Evie.

Ali, it's crazy that we're talking wedding with you already!! My wedding was perfect for me. We had only 50 people (including us) but we had all the things I really wanted, like the white dress adn the tiered cake, adn of course, a dance!! But it is really a personal thing I think. I was lucky DH didn't have all his aunts and cousins or we'd have been overwhelmed with people! What does DF want??

Hey Jen!! Nice to see you back again!

Kier - woo hoo girl - you are at your lowest in the past year or so, eh! Congrats girl!! :) What is your WOE???

Lolly - OMG I'd be writing as well, that is just rude.

Gotta run, but hi to Stacey, Becky (welcome back y'all!) and the new Mireke (sorry if I misspelled that), et al!

Belle and Baby Eve in tow.....

LoriD
08-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Hi all-Just popping in here from preggo -land. Was away on vacation last week and i swear I ate the entire beach. I have WI at the dr next week so i have to get back on track. I feel HUGE, am 23 weeks along.
I've posted some pics of our vacation at

http://aug2003.smallducks.com/gallery/

go there and go to page two, then scroll down to Sara's page. When you get in, look at the Holden beach pictures. They are mostly of Sara, Jim , and I...There's a great shot of my *** walking down the beach with Sara :s:

As an aside, i bought the new No Pudge giant Strawberry Shortcake bars-to die for! they are like the good Humor ones you had from the ice cream man as a kid!

Jen-L-great to see you back! I have the same problem with fitting in exercise-getting out the door by 7:30 is hard enough, and when I get home at night by the time I cook and put Sara to bed it is 8pm and I've usually eaten dinner and want to veg on the couch.

Ali-where is the trip to? I think your idea of an intimate ceremony and party afterwards is perfect!
Kier-I've been gone like 2-3 weeks and you're down 12 pounds??? Congratulations!!!!!
Belle-I see you;re back in the game-good for you on the losses
Lolly-Hope you hear back from the paper-I've never done anything like that!
Marieke-Nice to 'meet' you!

WDWErin
08-18-2005, 12:32 AM
I'm loving the Mickey Mouse avatar, Jen! I'm a WDW fan, myself!

KO
08-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Lori your ARSE LOOKS GREAT woohooo Mommies HOT!
Hey Belle and Mini Belle ( i know she is baby Eve but I picture a micro version of you!)
The Woe me and DH are following is South Beach which is really Similar to WW core I'm eating 4 times the vegetables I did before I just added back fiber 1 this week (thank god!) No cravings and I get to have dessert (sf Fudgcicle or SF Jello with Whipped Cream or If I'm being decadent SF FF pudding with whipped cream)
My Loss averages out to 1-2 pounds a week but i feel better
ERin I love disney too! Welcome!

Jen-L
08-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Erin, some people call me a Disney Freak... I don't care tho. We try to get to the World or Land at least once a year. At least while the girls are young enough to just get away. We have so much Disney stuff... it is insane!! Some people even call me an expert because I know so much about the World. It's nice to be loved!!!

KO, I did SB for awhile and did well on it. I quit and am having a hard time trying to get back into it. Mostly because of the kids. We have bread and pastas and rice for them, and it is hard and not cost effective for me to make separate foods for just me. So instead I try to eat more veggies at dinner and lighter on the cards, instead of knocking them out completely. I also realized that I am not doing as well with my water... gotta kick that up!!

Lori... you look great. Remember you are PG!!! My neighbor was a marathon runner and when she got PG she literaly was stick skinny with a basketball sticking out. I thought she looked funny!!!

OK, gotta run!!!

KO
08-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Jen You'll find a combo that works for you! carbs adn all
Dentist in t-27 minuts UGH!
bbl

Lollybird
08-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Eek, dentist :( Fingers crossed, Kier, for no scary drilling or drooling...

Lori! Hi! Preggo-land, tee hee, I've never heard that expression before. And gorgeous pix ... what cute kids!

Jen, sorry to hear work is stressful. And you should talk to my husband about Disney ... we have videos, CDs, cuddly toys - and no kids! Actually, I have a whole collection of enamelled Disney mugs at my parents' place that I used to collect. Will have to reclaim them when we finally move into the new place. Or maybe hawk them on Ebay...

We're just back from a day out to the Welsh borders - visited two castles, Flint and Ewloe, and walked MILES!!! My legs are so tired, but the countryside was so beautiful, and completely different at each castle. Flint is on an estuary, surrounded by flat marshland, all very bleak, while Ewloe is on a hill in the middle of woodland, so you can't see it till you get right to the bottom. I *love* the English (or in this case, Welsh!) countryside :D And I especially love that as soon as you get across the borders, every single street sign is bilingual in English and Welsh!!!

Later, 'gators!

KO
08-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Hey Lolly
I want to go to Wales I studied Welsh Culture in my Celtic Civ class in Ireland!
Drilling wise I had some and no novocaine eeep but now I'm enjoying a slightly sinful salad (with not enough salad)
I never realized how fatty full fat meat and cheese one This is an antipasto salad and I feel Greasy
bbiab mid project!

Mareike
08-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Wow. Back in here I see how long I've been away. It is hard to read all the english stuff and it takes a lon long long time. I hope I can manage to read all the posts till tomorrow morning. Because I have to go to the library and read something for writing my diploma :)

Good Morning!
Since I'm not eating away Neg Emotions I'm not really sure what to do with them. Wierd huh? I don't want to scream and yell or become a B!tcher. So options for letting out would be great.

I think writing should be a great idea. Or running. Or riding. I love the speed and can forget everything over it.

@ Belle: I also thought that red cabbage was from Germany. But it is also ok for me if it is polish.
By the way: Don't mind spelling my name. It is hard for not german or dutch people (my name is dutch). I think the pronounciation could even be harderfor you. But we can train that.

@ Lori: I love your beach-pictures. Next time I come with you ;)

Ok. I think now I have rea everything you chicks did write! POOOOOOOH!!!

The silver wedding party was great. My parents loved the photo-book and they had tears in their eyes as I sang theyr song. T'was so great!!!

We also danced for my parents with my cheer-crew. They were so impressed by all the surprises we did for them.

I ate a huge hill of very tasty food and was definitely not OP!!!
Steak and white bread and Black Forest gateau and midnight-cake and pork sausage and everything.

I think I was hypnotised by the buffett. I just could'nt stand it.

But yesterday I was OP again and I told my Mom, that I do not take any cake or Black Forest gateau to my home. And I took no steaks or sausages (which remaind) and no cheescake and nothing!!!

I'm so proud of me!!!

I became my WW-cookbooks yesterday and a new workout DVD. "The goddess Workout". Bellydance at it's best!!! Was much fun and I think I'll do it another time tomorrow or at the weekend.

So that was it from me.

Have a nice weekend and cross fingers for my WI tomorrow before going to the library.

Hugs and Kisses

Mareike

StaceyT
08-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Good evening everyone!
Jen: Welcome back! It's great that everyone is coming back. I lurk on the WW boards, but hardly ever post in fear of being razzed. It can really hurt!

Ali: I had a frozen/cone/cervical procedure done about 5 years ago. It was uncomfortable, but I survived. I hope everything goes ok.

Belle: Congratulations! How sweet about Eve. My hope is to have a little girl when we try again. I think motherhood is the bomb!

Lolly: Hey married woman! It's good to have you back!

Hello to everyone I've missed: KO, Marike (sp?) and anyone else that has slipped my scattered brain!

I wanted to blab and get caught up, but I must go wake up ds. He won't go to sleep tonight if I don't. DH is mowing lawns tonight with coworkers so son and I are on our own for dinner.

Have a great evening everyone!

Mareike
08-19-2005, 03:27 AM
Was on my scale the last 5 Minutes. Feel not very comfortable. Have 109 instead 108 now. YIIIIIEHA!!! :(

Thats why I hate buffett and silver marriages!!!

Have a nice day.

Mareike

KO
08-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Mareike
The SIlver wedding sounds Wonderful.
as for the pound you are probably retaining water from eating more fattening stuff
Example I had salty food for Lunch and DH and I went out for dinner
dinner was good tho and THis morning I was up 3 and I know its water weight.
Try to drink more water today and it will come off!
Hey Stacey I hope you and Ryan had a nice night.
BBL
Kierie

StaceyT
08-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Hey ladies!
Went to Sams last night and bought frozen shrimp and grapes. Not to eat together, just to have on hand. IL's are coming for dinner tomorrow night since their house is getting worked on, remodeled, etc. I thought I'd put out a shrimp cocktail for an appetizer so I'd go easy on dinner (they're buying wings and stuff). I tend to go overboard with wings.
KO: I'm with you on water retention. It seems like I soak up water if I even look at the salt shaker. Since my bp has been elevated, I've been cutting back which makes the mildly salted stuff seem like overboard. But what would we do without our salt?
Re weddings: I think a candlelight wedding sounds absolutely beautiful, romantic and spiritual.
Mareike: Do you like the bellydancing? I saw bellydancers one time and it looked so hard! You can take classes here at some of the gyms to learn how to bellydance. Your workout tape sounds like a blast!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. DS and I are going to the library so I can pick up two more trashy novels before I have to go back to school and study the real stuff.
Happy points counting and water drinking to all!

Mareike
08-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Go out for monster-schnitzel with DH. I thnk I will be not OP this evening.

Tomorrow will be sports-day I think.

Nice Weekend and a lot of bonus-points!!!

Mareike

Mareike
08-19-2005, 10:03 PM
WOW!!!

I think I ate double the points I am allowed to eat on a day. :(

But I told It before I left: tomorrow is sports-day!!! And now I have much more ambition for doing sport. The owner of the fitness-centre in town asked me (while I was eating a monster-cutlet with chips :dizzy: ) If I would like to be aerobic-trainerin at his gym :dance:

And I told him I think about it and tell him on monday what courses I could offer. Now I sat all the evening on the couch with a belly as big as I did eat the seven goats and the grandmother and thought about what I could offer him.

In all ways I need more condition!!! Is aybody here going to stay on the stairmaster for an our tomorrow with me?

Nice Weekend.

Mareike

P.S.: I have a gmx.de fotoalbum. If you give me your Email, I can send you the permission to watch te photos.

My Emailadress: Spam_an_Mareike@gmx.de