South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 10:46 PM   #1  

Default Goal Weight! ! ! !

Hi everyone!!! I hope this finds you all happy and healthy!! Weezle I hope you are feeling better tonight!!
I am only 5'1" tall...I have been obese my entire adult life...since I was a junior in high school actually and that was a LONG time ago...
I have actually never been a normal weight as an adult and am very very close to my lowest weight ever since age 16.
I went to the dr. last week. I am currently setting my goal weight at 123. She told me that being 48, diabetic and "very large boned" to use her quote, that I need to rethink my goal and shoot for around 140??!!
Anyway...I really would like to get below that, but she feels it would be too hard for me to maintain and she is afraid I will give up and gain all of my weight back.
Have any of you run into a similar situation and changed your goal for weight loss? Just curious! My cholesterol and Hgb AC1 are good, but still this seems very high to me still.
Any input you have will really help!! Thank you so very much!!!
Karla/shortiemetoo
Old 08-14-2005, 11:07 PM   #2  
going places

Why not shoot for 140 and see how you feel when you get there? If you've been overweight your whole life you just might be amazed at how well you feel at 140! My mother is 5'1" also and weighs right around 140...she looks great!

I set my goal a little higher, also...but, I fully intend on analyzing how I feel/look once I get there.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:52 PM   #3  

Val's advice sounds spot on...go for a comfortable weight and then revise once you are there. I am not shooting for the lowest adult weight I have ever been, but one that was a little higher and made me feel very feminine with a little bit of curve... I felt great that way - much better than when I was skinnier.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:20 AM   #4  

Thank you Val and Mariana...I figure that by the time I get to 140 as you both said, I can see how my blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol etc stable out...make sure they are all still good!!!
Thanks so much!! You guys rock!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:59 AM   #5  
Kyemom

I agree...Great advice girls...We are all so lucky to have you both on our side!!
Old 08-15-2005, 09:14 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

I agree with everyone else, Karla. I'm 5'-2", and weighed 128 all through college. (I was very fit, and running almost every day) I used to be determined to get down to that weight again, but I'm aiming for 140 now. Our bodies change as we get older, and I'll bet we'll look like babes at 140.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I'm a little over 5' tall and my goal is roughly 140-145. I'm a large frame and I exercise a lot so I have a lot of muscle. I thought it might be fun to get back down to 135 but I'm not going to stress about it, actually I'm not even stressing too much about getting down to 145. Because where I am is so much better then where I was before, I can bend down and pick up stuff off the the floor, I can tie my shoes, I can run 2 miles.. I may still be on the plushy side of normal but at least I'm healthy.

Listen to your body, take your time and be healthy.
Sarah
Old 08-15-2005, 12:35 PM   #8  

I agree with everyone else. Besides, we need a little extra as we get older to fill out the wrinkles...yuk yuk.
Closed Thread