WW Clubs and Groups - Here's a li'l something for THE NIGHT OWLS~~~

PJ
08-13-2005, 11:56 PM
http://birding.about.com/library/graphics/0900owlsm.jpg

Here you go girls...you've got an OWL, a MOON and it's night time...:lol: enjoyyyyyyyy.

WDWErin
08-14-2005, 12:33 AM
What would I do without you, PJ!?!

LOL!

jacolmom
08-15-2005, 09:56 PM
That is too cool!

snowyowl
08-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Tres cool indeed!

PJ
08-23-2005, 10:36 AM
13 Reasons to Smile

13.) Marriage changes passion. Suddenly you're in bed with a
relative.

12.) I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it.. So I said "Implants?" Then the ***** hit me.

11.) How come we choose from just two people to run for president and over fifty for Miss America?

10.) A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
friend will be sitting next to you saying, "That kicked ***!"

9.) I signed up for an exercise class and was told to wear loose-fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose-fitting clothing, I wouldn't have
signed up in the first place!

8.) Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants.

7.) When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping," now I just
"chunky dunk."

6.) Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to
tell the difference.

5.) Wouldn't it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could simply press 'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over?

4.) Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but
they can in prison?

3.) Wouldn't you know it... Brain cells come and brain cells go, but FATcells live forever.

2.) Why do I have to swear on the Bible in court when the Ten Commandments cannot be displayed outside?

1.) Bumper sticker of the year: "If you can read this, thank a
teacher and, since it's in English, thank a soldier"

And remember: life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

WDWErin
08-24-2005, 02:40 AM
LOL! SOme of those were soo funny! Thanks PJ!

Effenbee
08-25-2005, 06:37 AM
Hi PJ: Just checking in to say I am fine and dandy. Hope you are all okay now and keep posting. Love, Freddie

Effenbee
08-28-2005, 02:28 PM
A few days have passed since my last post so here is another email. I hope none of you are in the Hurricane's path. If so, go take shelter.

Freddie

Effenbee
09-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Katrina has done its worse. I feel for all that were affected by it. Another month is here and 1//3 gone. Time surely does fly.

Love,
Freddie

Effenbee
09-25-2005, 03:51 AM
Here it is September 25th. Where are all the Night Owls?

Freddie

snowyowl
09-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey Freddie,

I'm here. Posted in a couple of places, but people must be off doing things. Hopefully they'll stop in when they get a chance.

Effenbee
09-26-2005, 07:31 AM
Hi Elaine from Boston: Good to hear from you.

Love,
Freddie

Effenbee
10-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Hi: Here it is October 3rd and I say again: Where are the Nightowls?"

snowyowl
10-03-2005, 08:50 PM
A darn good queston. Where is everyone?????

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Effenbee
10-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Hi Elaine: I had a message partly posted for you and it has disappeared because I went to see what my son calls his website. It's called "Blochhouse.com" Although he lives in California, he has been sent down to New Orleans by his supervisor since he is a CBS Newsphotographer. He has my picture on page 2, bottom center, with his daughter. The beautiful baby at the bottom of that page is my great daughter, his granddaughter. You can see a couple of his pictures taken in New Orleans on the page entitled "Hurricane".

Effenbee
10-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Hi again Elaine:

My son's webpage is all lower case. If you get it, let me know. My son is in a lot of the pictures; he's the one with the white beard. He will be 60 next year so you know I am old old old.

Love,
Freddie

Effenbee
10-31-2005, 05:21 PM
Hi again Elaine: Here it is the October 31 and you are the only one to recently post here. I wanted to tell you that the pictures of the Hurricane in New Orleans were not the ones he did for CBS. He took them with his little camera. I hope you were able to go his website "www.blochhouse. com" He has 16 pages of the Hurricane as of today there. I haven't heard from him recently so don't know if Hunter is back home in Los Angeles, still in New Orleans, or was sent to Florida. Let me know at vabloch@cox.net if you get his website. This last sentence applies to anyone who went to www.blochhouse.com (and was able to get it).

Love, Freddie

Effenbee
11-04-2005, 05:25 PM
My last two posts, which were 3 weeks apart are both numbered 257. This seems to be happening to me a lot so my number of posts is inaccurate. Let's see what this one will be numbered. We are now in November.

Love,
Freddie

snowyowl
11-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Hey freddie,

Sorry, haven't been here in a while - I really need to win the lottery so I can get some free time. And actually get my acto together, program-wise. I've been working crazy hours and both my being on program and exercise has suffered accordingly.

But I'm back. Now where's everyone other than us?

aprildawn
11-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Hi,
This is my first time to post in this group. My name is Lisa, I am from Oklahoma. I work for the State of Oklahoma. I am a Weight Watchers member also. I am a LifeTime member now. I have lost 130 pounds. I really want to get to 150 but I had set my goal at Weight Watchers at 155. Halloween did not treat me well. Last Saturday at Weight Watchers, I had gained 3 pounds in one week. I was not a happy camper. So when I go this Saturday I dont know how I will fair. Right now pretty depressed so just taking one day at a time.

Better go for now,
Lisa

Effenbee
11-11-2005, 07:01 AM
Hi Lisa: Welcome to the Night Owls. I have been back here for some time now but most of the other Night Owls have flown the coup. We were a group many years ago that would write back and forth (usually late at night - even though I was a morning person) and I think all of us were trying to lose weight. Gee you did good (130 pounds is good!). I use to belong to WW so I don't remember their rules about going below your goal weight but if you and the weight watcher person let you set it at 155, I believe you can lose all you want to just - just don't gain more than a few pounds over. You don't want to start paying for meetings again so leave your goal alone but lose all you think you should. How tall are you? Have you lost inches in height like I have? Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years might be hard. Try not to gain during all those holidays. I belong to TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) now.

Freddie, Effenbie (not sure how I spell that but it stands for FNB)

aprildawn
11-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the Welcome. I am usually on just nights and weekends unless its a holiday, but todays holiday, I had to spend running errands so didnt get to sit at home playing my dominoes or cards like I usually do. I am 5'9" and I think I lost an inch since high school. When I was 28, I got to 135 but I feel that at 49, that 135 would make me look too thin. I dont want people to think I have Cancer or something. I feel ok now and now I can look at myself in the mirror. I started doing a different type of work that requires alot more sitting so I have gained a few pounds but I know that I will have to make myself get up at work and walk to make sure that I dont gain and also have to watch my diet more strictly I think. I may of lost alot of weight but I know that weight can come back very quickly if I dont watch it. Well, I am going to go play my dominoes.

Write soon,
Lisa

PJ
11-13-2005, 05:17 PM
:welcome: to the NIGHT OWLS. Yes, I am one of the guilty ones. I was gone for a very long time, then back again...busting everyone else's chops for not being here and then I was gone again. AGGHHH!!! and I must admit...it has NOT helped with my weight loss whatsoever. So, here's to a big group hug :grouphug: and hoping we'll all get back here and on our programs. I miss you guys. Oh yeah, not having a computer for the past couple of months didn't help either...but I'm here.

aprildawn
11-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks PJ. Glad to be here.

Samsa98
11-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi P.J.! I don't know if you remember me but I remember all of you so well and it almost brought tears to my eyes to see so many of my old friends! Punky, Suebee, PJ, Elaine, geez I can't even remember everybody but I haven't been on here in a few years and now when I need you all the most you're here!! Just as a little reminder I used to teach ballroom dancing, then I broke my foot. I have a 10 year old daughter, Morgan and just this last July I married the greatest guy ever. I think I may have mentioned him when I last posted back in 2003! I realized how much I missed you all when I logged on and got choked up to see your names and pics on here! Hope all is well with everyone! I have got a lot of weight to lose so I need your help!

PJ...Where did you get that cool ticker thing?

PJ
11-22-2005, 09:13 PM
SAMANTHA?????????????

Is that you???????!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: Awww, how wonderful that you're a "Mrs." now. Congratulations. Yes, I very much remember you talking about teaching ballroom dancing. Wow...it HAS been a long time. If you'd like to see the latest pics of my kids and I....just go to http://www.picturetrail.com/resler41 I have gained quite a bit of weight back also and am in the process of losing all over again. I have come to the conclusion that once you've passed 40...everything is TWICE AS HARD to do. :dizzy:

Well, it's getting late here. I have to be at work by 7am and I've had a long day and night already. Sooooooooo, don't be a stranger and I'll "see" you soon.

snowyowl
11-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Welcome back, guys! I haven't been checking here since it was so quiet. Glad ya'll came back! ;)

PJ
11-24-2005, 08:35 PM
http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/thanksgiving/images/signs/ani-happythanks.gif

Samsa98
11-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Hi all! I'm so glad you remembered me PJ! I'm trying to get caught up with everybody and all the people I don't know yet so I've been doing lots of reading! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I haven't officially started back on WW yet but I am going ot start my exercise program today. My husband and I have decided to start exercising together so that will help motivate me!

Hope everyone is doing well!

SueBee
11-30-2005, 09:38 AM
Hello:

since I saw my name, I felt I had to post and let you know how I'm doing.

So glad to see some familiar faces around here. I come back and read every now and then, but haven't posted for a long time.

I was lucky enough to actually meet up with PJ and her family way back in 2000, can't believe it was that long ago. So nice to see pictures of her kids, they sure are growing up fast.

Will keep in touch and come back and see if anyone actually reads this.

Sue

Samsa98
12-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Suebee! Glad to "see" you! It's kinda quiet in here! I remember when you went and met PJ! This used to be such a busy thread I could hardly keep up with it! How are you doing? How's the family?

SueBee
12-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Yes, it used to be quite a busy thread in here. I seen even Canadace stopped posting and she used to be such a regular here. I do post in another forum that was a run-off from DWLZ.(Dottie's) Don't know if you ever heard of it. Very busy place too. I actually went to the conferance in Edmonton Alberta to meet up with lots of the girls. Have managed to keep in touch with them too.

As for what's new...lots. This summer we built a new house in a smaller town near the city we used to live in. That was quite an experience, but it turned out very well for us. Despite the fact that in September I had to have two surgeries for an abcessed ovary and tube, and then developed a second abcess a week later. Stayed in the hospital for 3 weeks!! I mean as a nurse, I can recognize the fact that hardly anyone stays in the hospital that long. Went home with a special dressing as the wound was left open to heal. That took about 2 months to do, and I'm looking at going back to work in a couple of weeks after being off for three months.

We are settled into the house now and it's starting to llok like a home.

My son is now 13 years old. He keeps us pretty busy, but we like it. He's a good kid for sure.

Still working full time in Critical Care.

Sad news though, my Mom passed away in April 2004 after having to have bypass surgery and had complications with diabetes. Miss her like crazy. My Dad is doing well, and keeping busy. He has a lady friend that we all like.

That's it for now. I do check in here every now and then to see if some of the 'regulars' still post.

We visited with PJ and her family in February of 2000. I pull out the pictures every now and then. It was alot of fun and she was the first 'cyber person' that I met. Her home was beautiful and she was a very gracious host. Enjoyed seeing pictures of her kids. They sure are growing up fast.

Tell me what's new with you.

sue