Old 08-12-2005, 02:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default "Tales from the Scale"

Has anyone read this book by Erin Shea? If not, you simply must! The entire title is "Tales from the Scales: Women Weigh in on Thunder Thighs, Cheese Fries, and Feeling Good. . .At Any Size." It's sad, enlightening, inspiring, amusing, and motivating all at the same time. I'm only about 1/3 of the way into it, and I can relate to so many of the "tales."
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:30 PM   #2  

I couldn't agree more, this is an absolutely fantastic book! Sheila, wait till you get to "Still The Same" by Robyn Anderson on page 251, it completely brought me to tears, and is by far my favorite "tale" from the whole book.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:18 PM   #3  
Tenacious

No, I haven't read it, but I want to. I looked for it at my library last week, but they don't have it (small town library so there's a lot that I can't check out there). Guess I'll just have to buy it!
DeterminedInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:02 AM   #4  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedInGA
No, I haven't read it, but I want to. I looked for it at my library last week, but they don't have it (small town library so there's a lot that I can't check out there). Guess I'll just have to buy it!
Does your library have a system where all the libraries in a certain area share books? My library does this, we look up stuff on the LINKCat system on the library's computers and you can request stuff from other libraries and they'll send it to your local library for you to pick it up from and check it out. Most wonderful thing in the world IMO! Public Libraries ROCK!

I've never read the book but I'll have to check into it! Sounds like a good read.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:33 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Sheila, can I borrow it when you're done?
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:56 PM   #6  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

I just ordered this from the library last week. You're right, Laura, libraries are the bees knees!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I look at our library that's linked with about 10 others and it's not listed at any of them. I will request it from my librarian when I return the other books though.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

If it wasn't a 14-day library book, I'd send it to you, SAPF. I had to put a hold on it just to get it. Pretty popular book! I've been pretty enthralled. I almost shout out, oh, yeah, I've done that; uh-huh, that's how I feel, etc. throughout the whole book.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote