WW Clubs and Groups - Slimmin Sista's Challenge Thread

View Full Version : Slimmin Sista's Challenge Thread

Kitty53
08-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Hi Sistas,

I think that since we are all getting off track, I'm starting a weekly challenge thread for us. You can check in if you want to. Make it a small goal, or large, whatever you want.

Kitty53
08-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Ok, I'll start,

My goal is to exercise at least 15 minutes everyday this week. I will log it everyday on this thread.

:ebike: :ebike: :dancer: :dancer: :wl: :encore: :encore: :tread: :sumo: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cp: :cp: :cp: :doh: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

MistySeptember
08-10-2005, 10:22 PM
I challege myself to stay within my points. This seems like a no brainer, but after almost a week of binging I am struggling to keep on track. The afternoons are a killer!! All last week I ate junk all afternoon from 3 until dinner.

I'd also like to challenge myself to exercise 3 times for 20 minutes minimum. A small start. I want so badly to pledge more, but I don't want to set myself up for failure. I am forcing myself to start small. Just one hour a week.

This is a great idea Kitty!!

Kitty53
08-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Yeah, now we can get on here & nag the cr**p out of each other. Maybe this will keep us straight!!

Oh, BTW, Good luck everyone!!!

Bev in WI
08-10-2005, 10:38 PM
My goal is to walk 30 minutes or more every day - exercise is my biggest problem.

Good idea, Kitty -- I think a challenge helps keep me on track.

Bev in WI
08-11-2005, 10:41 AM
Thursday - Just got back from a 40 min walk. Kind of misty and cool here this a.m. so it was nice walking. Off to fix some oatmeal for breakfast and then grocery shopping and errands.

Next? Misty - did you exercise or take a little nap while you waited for your little one?

iowasteph2
08-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Well, Sistas, my back was feeling good yesterday, so I thought I would train for that half marathon I'm planning on. I walked for an hour yesterday. My back is more sore today--I probably did too much too soon.

My goals for the rest of this week:

Thursday (tonight): 30 minutes walking
Friday: 4 miles
Saturday: Rest day
Sunday: 11 miles (yikes)

Kitty53
08-11-2005, 11:30 AM
It's a small step, but I just did my 15 minute walk on my 1 mile Walk Away The Pounds. Hope I can do it everyday.

Bev & Steph, WTG!! Got one day behind us.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I like the cheerleader. Get used to her, we're gonna make our goals...

WoooHooo

MaggieShines
08-11-2005, 03:04 PM
My challenge for the rest of this week is to get back to basics: journal every bite (even if I go over points); stick to my daily points; get in my 60-80 ounces of water; and get back to my 3 servings of ff dairy a day. Once I get back in that groove, I'll add the exercise challenge.

MaggieShines
08-12-2005, 10:54 AM
I met my challenge on Thursday -- 29 points (out of 30), 72 ounces of water and I wrote down every bite. I didn't get in the 3 servings of ff dairy, but that was just ' cause I didn't have any at home. But now I'm stocked up. Another one of my challenges - sort of diet related -- is to stop going to WaWa eveyday for my food. Not only was i spending $11 a day on breakfast, lunch and a snack, it was getting me into an eating rut. Enough of that!

izzywas
08-12-2005, 11:59 AM
OK, I need to commit to exercise more...

I commit to exercise at LEAST 15 minutes everyday.
OK, there. Now I just need to do it.

MistySeptember
08-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Check one day off for me. I did 20 minutes yesterday.

:cb: YAY MAGGIE!!
:cb: YAY KITTY!!
:cb: YAY STEPHANIE!!
:cb: YAY BEV!!

Lizzyg
08-12-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm going to commit myself to do at least 20 mins of exercise every day. And I'm going to start today, even though its not the beginning of the week. :)

~liz

Bev in WI
08-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Friday challenge met - Walked for 35 minutes at 6:05 a.m. (before I went to work). If I don't get it out of the way right away in the morning, I just don't do it. And next week I have to work four days .... that should really prove to be a challenge!

Kitty53
08-12-2005, 03:04 PM
:cb: YAY MAGGIE!!
:cb: YAY KITTY!!
:cb: YAY STEPHANIE!!
:cb: YAY BEV!!

RIGHT BACK ATCHA!!!
:cheer: :cb: YAY MISTY!! :cb: :cheer:

luflic
08-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Whoo Woo to All of us!
Doesn't it feel great!

Kitty53
08-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Did my 15 min WATP video this morning. Did not do it on Friday, but I'll try to work in another one today if possible. I would really like to do it. :D

Bev in WI
08-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Walked 35 minutes again this morning - very cool here today so may fit in a second walk later.

How's everyone else doing???

Lizzyg
08-13-2005, 06:31 PM
:( I was bad, I didn't exercise yesterday, I kept putting it off, saying I'd do it later, and I never did.

So, I did the full 40 mins today. And I'm sick on top of it.

~Liz

Kitty53
08-15-2005, 10:48 AM
I'm doin really BAAAAADDDD on my challenge to do 15 min of exercise a day. Haven't done it for the last two days. Somebody pul-eeze kick my butt.

I swear I will do it today. :o

MistySeptember
08-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Kitty Here's a kick in the can for you :kickcan: Now I need oen back LOL I tried so hard to stay within my points. Now I am 6 points over, that's not for a day that is for the week. Plus I have only exercised 1 1/2 times. I always get interruppted. My husband better get my treadmill working soon or I am gonna flip out on him!!! I am creating a schedule for myself. We'll see how it goes. It will include exercise, meal planning, journaling and all my regular housekeeping, kid care, preschool teaching kind of stuff.

Kitty53
08-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Thx. Here's one back: :drill: :coach:

I need to do my WATP 1 mile walk, but I'm shy about doing it in front of anyone else. My new housemates haven't gotten up and about yet. I hear the kids, tho. But they haven't brought them down for breakfast yet & I don't want to start it out in the livingroom & have them walk thru.

Wish they'd get up & go job hunting!!!

MaggieShines
08-15-2005, 11:34 AM
I did NOT meet my challenge on Saturday and Sunday. Went way over on points, didn't write anything down or figure out exact points totals. But I am back on track today. Although... it's going to be hard. I got to work before 6AM and have a crazy day that includes a lunch meeting.

Lizzyg
08-15-2005, 10:36 PM
I exercised for 20 mins today :) woohoo!

~Liz

Kitty53
08-15-2005, 10:59 PM
:mad: No exercise for me today. Had too much back pain. Couldn't manage it. Will try tomorrow. I think the YMCA pool opens back up. I'll go exercise in pool.

Freedom&Light
08-16-2005, 11:59 PM
I'm challenging myself to walk everyday. :) I did a small walk Sun., nothing yesterday (way too hot!) but we did it tonight! We even went a little more than normal and walked for 50 minutes! :dizzy:

Next week's challenge is to go back and keep points again. :)

I WILL LOSE MY 10% by my birthday!!!!!!! :D :D

MistySeptember
08-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Ok I didn't meet this week's challenge. But Wednesday is a new week for me. I am really really hoping dh gets my treadmill working. I have this attitude that if I miss the first day of the week my whole week is screwed, you know? It's crazy. But anyway, I have created a daily schedule for myself and it includes exercise...at 5:45 am! We'll see how it goes. So I am not exactly committing to a fittness goal this week. Just focusing on my points.

but I really came back online to send out big WOO WHOS to all of you who have worked so hard this week. Great job everyone!!!

Kitty53
08-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Did the 1 mile WATP today. My WW week starts on Thursday, so I guess exercise week does too. 1 down, 6 to go. :spin: :cp: :goodvibes :sunny: :crazy:

Kitty53
08-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Did the one mile WATP again today. Woo Hoo, 2 in a row!!!

Lizzyg
08-19-2005, 07:43 PM
I worked out for 40 mins today! :)

Lizzyg
08-20-2005, 04:01 PM
And another 40 mins today :)

Kitty53
08-20-2005, 07:06 PM
WTG everyone!!

I walked slowly today for about and hour and a half grocery shopping. I'm only going to count it a 40 min leisurely walking for 2 AP's today. I did really well on the groceries, too. Meijers was having super double coupons today (coupons up to $1.00 doubled for $2.00)

I had $27 in mfg coupons & $17. in store discounts. WooHoo!! :cp: So, around $150. in groceries for $108. :hun: Ta DA

Lizzyg
08-21-2005, 06:19 PM
another 40 mins :) I'm feeling great!

Ohh I wish I would have known about that sale at Meijers!

~Liz

Kitty53
08-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Had to chase one of the dogs around the neighborhood today. About 25 minutes of brisk walking with 5 minutes of dragging a 80 lb weight that didn't want to come back. Upper & lower body workout. :lol: :D

Hey, ya takes yer exercise where u find it!!!

izzywas
08-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Ok, not sure how much exercise this added up to, but here was my day!

I went to Target to get Lori a podemeter(way in the back of the store!), went to grocery store number one, then went home and put those all away, then went to grocery store number two, then picked up Byron at a friends, carried it all in and put it all away. Then I picked up all the clutter downstairs, swept the floor, carried the 25 bag of cat litter in from the car, mopped the floor, gave Byron a bath,took 3 loads of laundry up the stairs and a bonus pile- o- crap at the bottom of stairs! Now I am going to go clean out the cat box, take a shower, read bed time books to Byron and maybe try some Yoga.
Wow, I'm tired just reading that!

Kitty53
08-22-2005, 01:16 PM
:dancer: Going to change my challenge for this week. I already did the WATP 2 mile video this morning. My goal is 3 days of 2 mi WATP & 4 days of either 1 mi WATP- or - 30 min leisurely walking in neighborhood or bike path.

Kinda gettin the exercise groove thang going. Feels good. :dancer: