Old 08-10-2005, 05:14 PM   #1  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default I need your help and positive vibes please....

Hello all,

I need help please ~ I am frustrated with myself. I make plans time and time again to start doing the right things ~ either I never start as planned, or start and don't make it very long before goofing up again. Look at my joining date ~ I have been up and down and up and down and have not really gotten any where yet. I echo Heather's words ~ what is wrong with me???? Sadly, I know what I need to do and know the consequences of not doing it, and still I can't seem to get it right.

I recently hit the big 50 and my plan was to start then to make the next half of my life better ~ making better choices. I was hoping to get somewhere this time. Well, here I am a week into that second half of my life and I have already diddled away several days.

I feel better when I eat right ~ I want to feel better. I use my time better when I am not using it to eat. I feel better when I use my time better. Seemingly so simple ~ why do I struggle with it so then?

I guess ~ maybe help me be accountable. I am going to start right this minute then. I just threw away some food that was not a good choice for me.

Change one thing at a time ~ my first thing: I will not buy snacks on the way home from work.

In the words of the wise ones ~ One meal, one moment at a time ~ baby steps.

Thank you for listening and your help.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:37 PM   #2  

Good for you Gayle, sometimes it just takes getting good and fed up to really give yourself the kick in the rear you need! You've said yourself that you know what you need to do and how, so now it's time to get down to the nitty gritty and git'er done! Don't accept anything less from yourself than complete determination and dedication. Remind yourself that you are worth more than the junky food, and that your body deserves to be treated with respect. And above all else, remember that you are stronger than all of this, (yes, you really are!) and you CAN do it!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:25 PM   #3  
Tenacious

Sending you :! You're only a week into the second half of your life so you still have time make the needed adjustments in order to ensure that the rest of your life much better.

Good luck!
DeterminedInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:02 PM   #4  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Yes, Gayle, you can do it!

If you want accountability, post daily in the Weekly Journal Buddy thread. And there's the I Moved My Keister thread if you're exercising.

It's a long road we're on, but there's truth in the saying, "Slow and steady wins the race.". I think it's wise to start with small changes. Well, I would, because that's what I'm doing! Once I've got something down pat, I add something else--slowly and gently so I don't get too demoralised when I can't seem to do it right. Like today, for example.... But you know, that's just today, and it doesn't have to be the pattern for the rest of my life, does it?

And neither does the last week have set the standard for the remainder of yours.

When you've gone a day without snacking after work, feel proud of yourself and tell us about it so we can cheer you on. Before you know it, you'll have broken that habit and can move on to the next little change.

: from me too! Go Gayle!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Sending you lots of positive vibes, Gayle!! Baby step your way to a healthy life. You CAN do it!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:28 AM   #6  
Downsizing Dee!

Hi Gayle, lots of positive vibes coming from me as well. You're a part of this community and we're all here to help and encourage.

You can do it!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Galye - I know you can do this. All the successful losers started over one last time. This is your last time!!! You can do it!!! I think baby steps is a great idea.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:00 PM   #8  
Crazy Canuck

Sandi hit the nail on the head, Gayle ("successful losers started over one last time"). Make this your last time and start off with those baby steps ~ I've always said that if you can string three good weeks together then you're on your way.

You know in your heart that you want to do it and need to do it, and you know what to do. Now do it! We're all here for you (every baby step of the way). Good luck!!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:42 PM   #9  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

You can do this Gayle. I started over I don't know how many times. It finally took though and here I am a year and a half latter down 144 lbs. So just keep at it and never give up.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:37 PM   #10  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and support. I made it through one day and I passed up a doughnut at work last night. I know that isn't much, but it is a step in the right direction.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:14 PM   #11  
Downsizing Dee!

Hi Gayle,
Congratulations on passing up the doughnut at work. That's an awesome step. You've proved to yourself that you don't have to let that bad food control you. You have the power to decide what you will and will not eat. Doesn't if feel great? Good for you!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #12  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Well done, Gayle! Don't underplay your achievements. Not taking the doughnut is much! It's a whole lot more than mindlessly scoffing it, right?
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:52 AM   #13  
Laura

Not taking a doughnut is HUGE!!! CONGRATS!
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:32 PM   #14  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Congrats on passing up the donut! You can do this!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote