South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 07:31 AM   #1  
gotta lose it!

Default Weds. Chatter

Wake up! Where's everyone at this morning? I slepted most of the day yesterday, so I'm feeling much better. What's going on with you today?
Old 08-10-2005, 07:49 AM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning beach chicks.

Soon~Thanks for starting up the day for us. I'm glad that you're feeling better.
Ellis~~I'm thinking of you often and hope you are OK, Sweetie.

Me~
I have been down in the dumps this week. We put Kasey to sleep yesterday. I was amazed at how fast and painless it was for her.Thank God!!! She was wrapped in her pink baby blanket and will be cremated in it. It was so hard to do, plus it brought up alot of memories/feelings from my mom's death last year. But I will get through this. (thanks for letting me vent).

On the bright side, we get our new car next Monday (Yes Ellis~I am keeping my little green roadster).
Old 08-10-2005, 07:53 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Thanks for starting us up, Soon. I'm glad you are feeling better today.

The Girls and I got up at six and had coffee and cuddles on the deck. It's hot already! I have two men (paternal cousins) coming for dinner so have a blueberry pie underway and a chicken cacciatore (SBD friendly) thawing on the counter. All I have to do when they arrive is cook some ww pasta and make a salad.

I have a re-check appointment with my periodontist in Kingston at one today. There goes 3 hours out of my day as it's nearly an hour to get there! I didn't get to visit Harry yesterday as I ran out of driving time. I guess it will have to be tomorrow or Friday when Cathy is here.

By the way, Cathy is my maternal cousin AND my neice! Harry's older brother married my mother's younger sister and they had Cathy which makes for a complicated family tree. My husband and father both had the same sil! It boggles the mind so try not to think about it. It's not incestuous but we decided to adopt the dogs just in case. That was a paragraph of useless information!

Time to get the oven heated up and bake that pie. I must remember to get ice cream today - a very small container! For some reason, I won't be tempted by the pie. I never did like the way it makes me want to clean my teeth right away!
Old 08-10-2005, 07:54 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

SIL, we were posting at the same time. I am so sorry for your sadness but know that you know you did the best thing for your little darling Kasey. RIP, sweet doggie! ((SIL))
Old 08-10-2005, 07:58 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies. I've been having horrific headaches. Could be sitting too close to my monitor or introducing all that sugar back into me. I have no clue!

Soon -- MORNING!

Sil -- Hugs to you

Ruth -- love the new "green" name

Have a good Wednesday!
Old 08-10-2005, 08:08 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Got slammed this morning, so I'm working on a sleep deficit.

The AC went out--again--at the lab yesterday. UGH! Nothing like sitting around in a room with no air circulation (no doors or windows that I can leave open. Fears of stinging flying insects) on an 86* day.

Finally got it fixed in the afternoon, but by then I was so hot and sticky I felt like I was a wad of fly paper hanging in the sun.

Sil, I'm so sorry about your precious Kasey. ((((hugs)))) It's nice to know her passing was peaceful, though.

Ruth, are you sure you're not from Alabama!

Jenne, sorry about the headaches, could definitely be the sugar. BTW, congrats on your engagement!

Soon, good morning!

Okay, gotta run! Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!
Old 08-10-2005, 08:22 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

at Mamacita. The answer is NO! I just checked my toes (ten) and eyes (same colour)! Silly and non-PC Lady!
Old 08-10-2005, 08:28 AM   #8  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Morning gals... I finally remembered to post early.

Soon - glad you feel better, rest is powerful medicine!

Sil - Sorry to hear about your fur baby.

Jenne - Hope your headache mellows out.

Mamacita - Are you a Med. Tech? I used to be one before I went back to school. I occassionaly still miss the field.

And good morning Ruth... I'm still trying to envision your family tree...? I should have heeded your warning!! Now my head almost hurts.

As for me, nothing earth shattering. Just work and kids. DH is working night shift this month and I guess I'm starting to miss him. He's working 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. so I just miss him coming home from work and he's sleeping when I leave for work in the morning. At least I get to snuggle up to him before I get out of bed every morning.

Have a great day everyone!

Leann
Old 08-10-2005, 08:28 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning.

Hoo boy, am I sluggish today! Day 3. Only just under 2 weeks until school starts. AAAGGGHHH! I like my job as school secretary when there aren't little rugrats running around..... maybe God is trying to teach me patience for when Terry and I have kids someday.

YAWN.

Sil, so sorry about your puppydog. I know how hard it is. We put our Schatzie down 3 years ago Monday. We had her cremated, and I think it really helped my parents a lot. Sick as it may sound, the little tin her ashes are in sits over my parents' fireplace. The only thing I can tell you is that after awhile, you don't remember the end. You only have happy memories of your friend, and I like it better that way.

Ruthie, interesting family tree. I got a bit confused for a minute, but I think it's the lack of caffeine.

Speaking of caffeine, I've been drinking a 20oz diet coke between 8-9am every morning and have been having a hard time going to sleep at 11 at night! Sheesh, you'd think it would be out of my system by then, wouldn't you? I don't typically like to drink caffeine, but with this new job, I'm ready for bed at 4:30 in the afternoon, which is the time I get off from work. The caffeine keeps me awake during the day, but I didn't think it would keep me up all night too!

Well, better finish getting ready. Hope you all have a good day. I'll pop on later when I get a break.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:34 AM   #10  

Gooood Moooorning Chicas!
Soon2bfab: Glad you are feeling better
2bfit1: Hugs to you... I know what you are going through..We had to put our first baby down "Muffin" about 3 years ago..I too was surprised and thankful at how quick and painless it was for her. We had her cremated too.

Ruth: Tooo much to think about this early in the morn! Darn near gave me a brain cramp trying to figure out that family tree!

Mamacita: A wad of fly paper? Ewwwww! I would be the coworker you want to beat.. I would be whining and crotchitty..

Hi Jeanne

Later Taters....!
Old 08-10-2005, 08:44 AM   #11  
Kyemom

Morning everyone!
SIL- I am so sorry for your loss. Think you will ever get another furbaby?
Ruth-What an intresting lesson you taught this morning!!
Mama- Sure hope you have ac today!!
Weezle- I know what you mean. I am already reeady to go to sleep!!lol
Nittany- Hopefully he won't have to work that shift long- think of it as absence makeing the heart grow stronger
Ellis- Miss you girl!!
Soon- Thanks for starting us off tis morning...we must all be dragging
everyone else, have a great day
Me- I still feel like crap!! & now my taste buds are not working...not crazy about eating when I can't taste anything!! Makes it hard to eat everything I am supposed to..any way I brought all of my food today, so will stay OP.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:21 AM   #12  
GARDENING ADDICT

Kyemom~Sorry you are still feeling sick We still have 2 fur-babies in the family. Shelby (almost 12) is a Yorkie also, and Miller (5) is a Tabby kitty. Shelby would not accept a new puppy into her home, so that will wait until much later.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:00 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Soon SO glad you're feeling better
Sil A Big hug for you lady your Kasey was surrounded by love
Ruth you gave me my laugh for the day Does that make you your own Cousin?
Jenn Me too with the headaches
Mama I'll be thinking cool thoughts for you today
Leanne Whenever My DH has a week of Working Late (he's a puter guy) I do the same thing
hi Ky and Schatzi
Works Busy AAAAAH its taken me an hour to write this
I bombed last night at dinner they did have one SBD friendly item BUt by the time we got there it was gone grrr
bbiab to vent
Old 08-10-2005, 10:00 AM   #14  

My first post in the "daily" thread. Ok if I jump on in?

Sil, I'm really sorry about your Kasey. I know firsthand how hard it can be to lose a beloved furbaby.

Me, I'm sitting her debating whether or not to get of my rear and go to Curves (I supposedly go every MWF ). But I had trouble falling alseep last night and am not feeling very energetic this morning. ALSO I just went to make coffee and I'm out of filters! Might have to get off my rear to go to the store, anyway!

I'm starting week 2 of Phase 1. I'm down 3 lbs. I know that's not bad but honestly I was hoping for more. Trying not to be discouraged...
Old 08-10-2005, 10:04 AM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Having a late day, firsat time on the computer as I had little brown ants crulling on the corner of my stove YIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!had to get the ant spray & traps out and now they gone.I Hate those things.

Now that everything is calm again,I can relax and that it easy on the 3 H days of Summer. Have to go out now and buy tuna as we going to eat lite with protein salads until this heat breaks.

Will post later Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 08-10-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Closed Thread