South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 06:25 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday On The Beach

Good morning and woof, woof, woof from downstairs. I'll coffee and cuddle and be back shortly. Somebody shake out the towels and open the umbrellas, OK? Da Beach Is Back!
Old 08-09-2005, 06:31 AM   #2  

Morning Ruth!

Just sipping my coffee and eating cottage cheese for breakfast. Will top it off with a glass of V-8 and be on my way!

Baby DD slept for 7 straight hours last night! Woohoo!! I feel awfully darn rested this morning myself.

Off to get ready for the day- all food is either made or at least planned for the day. Leftovers for lunch, then Chicken Parmesan and zuchinni for dinner.

Have a super day on the beach!
Old 08-09-2005, 06:58 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks.......been mia for a few days, but have been busy with work and trying to get things ready for dance class, one of my classes starts back tonight and I had to revamp one of my dances and I totally redid the other. This class is the one that will be in a competition in Nov. One of my little dancers is not returning so I had to change things around a little. Well I must dash need to get dd up to get ready for golf and then I need to start listening to music again so that I can get a start on lesson for the other classes that will be starting back when school does. Have a great day on the beach girls, I think I will need my umbrella looks like rain here.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:06 AM   #4  

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOOOOOOORNING!!!! Yeech, it's a foggy day here... fits my head... moving like a herd of turtles this morning... We are basically camping at this house.. Everything is boxed or moved already...including the cawfee maker (WHATWAS I THINKING!) ..I've been reduced to drinking instant Taster's Choice, with powdered milk. And its DECAFFINATED ! GASP!

Ruth- Another Chock full day planned for you eh? You're like Bing Bing Bing Ricochet Rabbit...and I'm Deputy Droop-a-long ...

Kiko and LC : Have a great day

Last edited by Schatzi; 08-09-2005 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:08 AM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning Chicklets

I feel like I'm growing algae on my north side. Can it GET ANY WETTER????

Just a quick fly by as I forgot to send in my timesheet yesterday and now I have to get it done this morning before the herds arrive. Got slammed yesterday. Sheesh! I think they all waited until the rugrats went back to school to make their doctor appointments..and they're all Medicare patients...WTF??

Okay, I'm outta here, you chicks have a great day on the Beach!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:11 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

I'm coffeed and cuddled. I have definitely blown it on trying to stick to Phase I! That peach was absolutely wonderful!

Kiko, sounds like DD is really settling in to be a good baby!

Little Chick, November! It's so hard for me to get my brain around that as this seems like an endless summer. I wish you'd get some of our hot and sunny weather. Can I trade for some rain?

Schatzi, Deputy Droop Along? I'm avoiding the mental image. If you are going to drink instant coffee, Taster's Choice is a good one but NOT decaf! Are you nuts? I find that making instant coffee twice as strong makes it more like the real thing.

My guestroom is nearly ready for my cousin Cathy's visit on Thursday as the bed arrived last night. The dust ruffle is on it and the new line-dried sheets with the quilt and it all looks quite pretty. The bedside table needs another coat of paint but that'll be later. Too much other stuff is happening!

I sure am enjoying the AC these days! Last week's problem was just a fuse, probably because the washer and the water pump were all on at the same time as the AC switched on. The voltage in this house needs upgrading.

Right now, I'm going to saddle up and drive into town to get some dresser hardware and a cushion for a bedroom chair. I may as well do it now before it gets way too hot to be outside. This afternoon, I need to go to the clinic for footcare and hope to carry on from there to visit Harry. Time is pretty tight and I am very concious of how much driving I'm doing. Next week, I think I'll just stay put on my front porch and read!

Have a Beachy keen day!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:13 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Hey, Mamacita! We were posting at the same time. Maybe you can get some of those vampire teeth and scare off the rugrats! When does school start down there? Our kids don't go back until after Labour Day.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:14 AM   #8  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Got on the scale again to make sure I'm really under that 150 mark and YES!! I am. So happy,after a 3 1/3 stall.

Schatzi Thanks for your congrats. Decaf coffee, isn't that bad is it???????????? I guess if you used to reg. it would be. Hang in there you'll be in your new home shortly

Kiko-TG for your ZZZZ's little ones have a way with waking during the night.That part of motherhood.

Little Chick Good Luck in finding a replacement for your dancer, along with a new routine. I'm sure you''ll come up with something.

Have a great day, running out to the Mall. Hugs BB
Old 08-09-2005, 08:17 AM   #9  

Ruth - Good morning! I thought we'd need that beach umbrella this morning but it may be a regular umbrella we need.

Kiko - I'm so glad to hear you little one is sleeping that much at night. Brian kept waking at night until he was 3!

Morning, everyone else! It just started pouring rain. We're heading into Charleston soon to drop my nephew off at work. The plan was to then head to the beach since the forecast looks better for today than tomorrow. I guess I better check out the forecast! We had leftover Peking Pasta for dinner last night. My 22 year old nephew even said it was good and he doesn't like ginger. Tonight the plan is to make Ham, Zucchini, Asparagus with Penne Pasta (sauce made with lowfat evap milk). Yummy!

I checked yesterday and it looks like my sister needs a new battery for her scale so I may just have to wait until I get home to weigh. I know I'm retaining water but I'm going to enjoy myself and keep an eye on what I eat.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:32 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning all! Gotta make this quick. Sucking down some caffeine to perk me up a little. After YEARS without it, I start a new job as a school secretary and now it's my best friend.

Schatzi, that's an awesome name. My dog's name was Schatzie. "Sweet heart" in German. Makes me smile everytime I see it. It was kind of crazy that I came back on here and saw it last night, because she died 3 years ago yesterday. (She was 17, so it wasn't too tragic.) Seeing the name brightens my day.

Hope everybody's doing well. Day 2 of Ph 1 has started. Whoopee. Already dropping some water weight. How do I know, you ask? I had to get up 5 times to pee last night. That's what I get for drinking peppermint tea right before bed!

Take care and have a great day!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:36 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Woo-hoo! Good morning, Beachies!

I'm finally back! Went to the gym this morning and am sitting here eating breakfast and excited to be able to post in the daily again!

Ruthie, I have missed you! I'll take care of umbrellas. Whenever I shake out towels, everyone (including me) gets covered in sand! Enjoy the coffee and cuddle...it sounds divine! Hey, I think your cousin might have to beat me to your house in order to enjoy that bed...it sounds phenomenal! I know what you mean about driving. I find that it's a lot easier when you stop and get some SF ice cream with nuts. Did I say that out loud?

Kiko, look at that weight fall off you, girl! Good for you! And congrats on baby DD sleeping through the night...what an indulgence 7 hours must feel like to you! I'm having cottage cheese too--great minds think alike, eh?

LC, I envy your rain! We definitely need it here...all the lawns are brown. I love hearing about your dance classes...they sound like so much fun!

Hey, Schatzi...sounds like a good excuse to go get a skinny latte with SF syrup to me! Hope the day gets much brighter!

Mamacita, I thought of you when I had blood drawn the other day. Usually I have to wait a while before I can get in the lab. They have at least four chairs and usually 6-8 people in the lab. This time, only one chair was occupied and everyone was standing around. Odd! I hope you get some breathers like that today! They had a young girl draw my blood--seemed like she hadn't done it much before and was nervous, but she did a great job.

BB, congrats on breaking your stall; have a great time at the mall! (yeah, that rhymes! )

Me:
Wow...it's been a crazy couple o' months! The short version is:
  • I now have my Masters! It's a Masters of Science in Education: Literacy.
  • I am now eligible to apply for my Literacy Teaching Certificate, which would enable me to act as a reading teacher for children from birth through 12th grade.
  • I'm now home and unemployed (happily!). We hope to start working on starting a family as soon as my weight is a little lower, we get my meds worked out and I finish a three week trip back home in the fall.
  • I'm hovering on the fence into ONEderland...I've officially made it there, twice, but each time I pop back into the 200s. We're talking 7 pound jumps from day to day...it's freaky! I'm just taking it one day at a time and looking with hope to the future!
  • I'm finally exercising regularly again! I found that afternoon gym visits are just not for me. I have to go in the morning! I've joined a local gym now that I can't use the college's anymore, and am very excited to try several of their classes.

So that's me in a nutshell right now. I've missed you all terribly and am so glad to be back! Have a great day!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:38 AM   #12  

So far, so good. Starting Day 2 on Phase I and feeling GREAT!!!

I think I ate great yesterday, a little concerned that I didn't eat enough veggies. Otherwise I feel great and can't wait for the pants to feel looser and the scale to be nice to me.

Hopefully I can be down 10 pounds before my trip in September.

Everyone, have a WONDERFUL day!!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:40 AM   #13  
Kyemom

Hi girls...I am back!! I have been MIA since Friday, and so not OP....I am back strct today...How was everyones weekend? It is raining here, and does not look like it is gonna stop anytime soon!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:42 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barb and Weezle, we posted at the same time!

Barb, sounds like you're on vacation? I hope the rain goes away quickly so you can enjoy the beach! Overcast days at the beach are lovely because it's not as crowded. Hope you have fun, whatever you do!

Weezle, welcome back! Glad to see you again--sounds like P1 is going great! Know what you mean...I was trying to guzzle water yesterday and I must have drank too much in the latter part of the day because I almost didn't make it to the bathroom this morning!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:50 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Welcome back laurie!!!! we missed you and congrats on the Masters!!!

As for me, I am slowly slipping away and can't seem to get back on the horse. No one's fault but my own and no excuses. Other than hard times at cash high!

Is it Friday yet?
Closed Thread