Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 10:46 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ The Thin Group #4 ~~ (thin wannabees)

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us in 2005!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group

Old 08-08-2005, 10:48 PM   #2  
CJ

OK gals .. a new week and a new thread! Don't forget to go to the last thread #3 and check for any posts that you may have missed. Let's all stay OP this week and get our exercising in and drink drink drink that water!

Love,CJ
Old 08-09-2005, 11:13 AM   #3  

I'm trying to lose weight by cutting carbs. How many carbs can I eat a day and still lose weight? I started dieting 2 weeks ago. I loss 5 pounds the first week but the second week I didn't lose anything. I haven't been eating junk food but I have had some fruit. I exercise 3-4 days a week for a half hour plus I do a lot of gardening so I am getting some exercise. Since I stopped eating sweets, all the cravings have gone which is great!!! I really do have a sweet tooth. I was able to go shopping yesterday and passed up all kinds of goodies. My husband is diabetic so I shouldn't be bringing any of that stuff home. He also has a sweet tooth but isn't too good about passing up sweets. I worry about him because he doesn't manage his condition very well. Both of my parents were diabetic. My mom died last year due to complications. I need to watch my weight or I may end up like my mom and dad. I really feel best when I don't eat the sweets, but I start to feel like I don't want to eat any food when I have to cut so many carbs. I really get tired of all the meat. I guess I feel like I need more variety. Do you have any good receipes for low carb dieting. I tried eating the low carb bread but it is so chewy. I don't like the texture. I guess I'll just eat high fiber regular bread and eat less of it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
janicej
Old 08-09-2005, 12:37 PM   #4  
CJ

Oh good - someone who is also doing lo-carb! Janice, when I am good I am very very good, but, once I get off-track, it takes me a while to get back on. Today is day 2 of being back on program and I'm so glad to have a lo-carb buddy. We can help each other. I don't actually count my carbs cuz I just know when I'm doing well but I would think if you stayed around 30 carbs you could lose wt. I also don't like to eat a lot of meat and get tired of eggs all the time. I stick to mainly fish and chicken mostly when I do have it. I do have some pretty neat lo-carb recipes if you would like me to post them. Brownberry makes a pretty good multi-grain lo-carb bread but it's pretty hard to find. When we were downstate I stocked up on some but I don't have bread very often. I can do without. Just stay away from the white breads if you must have bread stick with the wheat or multi-grain. I don't eat potatoes either - well, once in a great while I will have a small amount but we haven't even been cooking potatoes at all. veggies with our meat, or cottage cheese. For when I get those I have to have a snack times I keep pork rinds on hand and like to dip them in sour cream. I always have sugar free jello in the refrig and of course whip cream (Land-O-Lakes makes a great 0 carb in the can made w/splenda). I also keep the carb-free ice cream bars w/almonds in the freezer and I usually have one of these at night for my special treat and sometimes I have one in the morning with my coffee and thats my breakfast. I have a couple books on lo-carb recipes so let me know what kind of recipes you want (dinners? desserts? ) and I'll look them up. Maybe I can even start a lo-carb recipe thread ... So, we'll be your "neighbors" eh? lol ... We live on 40 acres - all wooded. Our road is a dead-end and there is only 3 houses on this road. Quite a change from living in the big city where you walk out your side door - take 2 steps and run into the next door neighbors house! We love it!

Hope everyone is having a good day ... I'm going to go curl up and watch my soaps today - feeling lazy. Hubby is working so it's just me and my cat, Elgato. Talk to ya later...

Love, CJ
Old 08-09-2005, 12:55 PM   #5  

Hello Ladies!

I told you I would post again (sorry it wasn't sooner!). Life has been crazy. Since my parents are away, my sister has been taking care of their house (she is a teacher and is off for the Summer). Well, she and my other sister decided to go on vacation at the same time. I go up to take care of some of my Dad's bills and make sure the person who is supposed to feed the dogs feeds them. It was a mess! I guess he didn't close the gate when he left because when we got there, the dogs were running in the street. Marcel and I tried to get them but they ran off. So we tried to get them but those dogs were too fast for us (it was 100+ degrees). Luckily, they came back 30 minutes later. We were only supposed to be there for a couple of hours and then take Nico to Traintown. We stayed for 5 hours! The house was a mess. I can't believe that my sister let it go to h*ll. I know I shouldn't let it get to me but it did. My other sister wanted me to take care of some stuff for my Dad but I said no and told her to do it. She got pretty difficult and told me that she can't do it because she works and I have all the time in the world because I stay home with Nico. I hung up on her. I ignored her calls and finally spoke to her yesterday. I have been to nice to both of them and it;s time that they step up and help out.

We still aren't done with the kitchen. We need to finish the cabinets and the floor. It is coming along, slowly but surely. I can't really do anything with Nico around ... he just gets in the way. So we try to do what we can at night when Nico is sleeping.

I have been taking long walks just to get out of the house. Nico is getting another molar and is being VERY difficult. It doesn't help that I'm an emotional wreck (that time of the month) as it gets closer to Nico's second birthday. I can't believe he's two! Two years ago today I was admitted to the hospital to be induced. I remember running home and sending an e-mail to let people know. :sigh: I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it.

Peggy- Wow, you're Mom is going through a lot. Just take it one day at a time. Remember to take some time for yourself when she moves in with you. It can be overwhelming.

CJ- BRAT, BRAT, BRAT! Just like old times, huh? You sure do love that hotub don't ya? I think you and Sharon should get those buttershots out again! I always loved to hear your stories when you got together!

Sharon- Hey woman! It sounds like you had a great time in Chicago. My youngest sister went to Loyola Maryomount in Los Angeles. How is Chrissy? I get e-mails from her every once in a while. I forgot ... Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great day.

Synger- Nice to see you posting again. Keep up the good work.

Welcome Yvette and Janice! You will love it here!

Big hugd to all of you!

Sylvia
Old 08-09-2005, 12:57 PM   #6  

Has anyone heard from Judy (Blunder)? I've been thinking about her, Gayle and Jo. If you ladies are out there lurking, stop by and say hello! We miss you!
Old 08-09-2005, 01:07 PM   #7  

Who makes carb free ice cream bars? I'd love to get some for a treat now and then. Maybe you can post some tasty low carb dinners. What foods are your comfort foods now that you are low carb dieting? I need to feel like I'm not dieting in order to stick to this plan. I guess I need to find some new things to eat that are low carb.
We just moved from the city 3 years ago. I've always lived in large cities so this is all new to me. Actually, we are only a couple miles from town, but we feel real isolated because we live on top of a hill that has very few houses on it. I'm surrounded by forest and maple trees. From our house I can see Mt St. Helens , Mt Adams and the Columbia River Gorge. It's beautiful up here but it can be lonely at times.
Janicej
Old 08-10-2005, 09:17 PM   #8  

Angry The Carb thing

I am also watching the carbs. I fell off the wagon on Monday and have not got back on it since. I need some accountability how about you ladies?
Would you mind if i posted what i ate each day and you all can keep me in check?
I am going thourgh a very stressful time and what do I do but eat to medicate the pain
I am back on the carb diet from this moment on!!

Love
Jayne
Old 08-10-2005, 10:51 PM   #9  
CJ

Hi ladies ... in for a quick hi - can't stay long. But I promise I will stay longer tomorrow.

Slyvia:
Good to hear from you! Sorry about your difficulties with your sisters, but glad to hear you put your foot down and stood up for yourself. They need to do their part too. Sorry, I haven't heard from any of the girls, Judy, Gail, or Jo. Jo left for another group last year, but that group has folded and haven't see any other posts from her. Actually, I did hear from Judy last year, a real quick hi how are you on the MSN messenger. I tried to get her to come back and post but don't think she was into it.

Janice and Jane:
I started a weekly food journal thread for us to post what we are eating ... care to join me Im going to start tomorrow. The ice cream bars are made by Carb-Smart also Blue Bunny makes good ones too, they are called Carb Freedom. I guess my comfort foods are sugar-free jello with whip cream, or sugar-free pudding with whip cream. I like string cheese, and when I want something crunchy, I keep pork rinds handy and dip them in sour cream. Oh and almonds and macadamia nuts are a great snack when you are wanting a snack to munch. Tomorrow I will start a recipe thread and start putting in some low carb ones, ok?

Gotta go ... Take care!

Love, CJ
Old 08-11-2005, 07:24 AM   #10  

Hi Carol
Where do i go for the food journal. This sounds great exactly what i need accoutability. Thanks for doing!!
Jane
Old 08-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #11  
CJ

Jane - the food journal thread is at the top of the page with the sticky posts! I stuck it there so you could find it. Good luck! I also started a Thin Group Healthy Recipes thread and stuck it too .. will add to it later.

CJ
Old 08-12-2005, 06:23 PM   #12  

CJ,
Thanks for the post on the ice cream bars. I'm going to buy them next time I'm out. Are there other tasty low carb foods that anyone might recommend. I hate spending money on something only to find it taste terrible. V8 makes a good low carb fruit drink.
It's diet V8 Splash Tropical Blend. 8 ounces is 3 grams of carbs and 10 calories. It's sweetened with Splenda. I usually add an once or two to a big glass of water. It helps me to drink all the water I should.
janicej

Last edited by janicej; 08-13-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:25 PM   #13  

Wow, I actually figured how to add the weight tool bar. I'm just learning how to use a computer. I'm self taught so everything is trail and error. Hope all you gals are sticking to your diet plans. Have a great weekend .
janicej
Old 08-13-2005, 06:29 PM   #14  

Question

Okay, CJ how do I get my weight bar to show up each post?
janicej
Old 08-13-2005, 08:34 PM   #15  
CJ

OK Janice ... just have a minute here but saw your "help me" with the signature ...

click on the edit button where your weight chart is and highlight all of the code ... then right click on your mouse and click on copy .. then go up to the top of the page on the left side under User CP - click on that then go to edit signature (on the left hand side) and click on that ... there should be a box come up that looks like the box when you do a post - right click on your mouse inside the box and then click on paste and the code for your weight chart will be in the box .. then go down at the bottom of the box and click on save signature. Then, it will show every post you do on all your messages. Yell if that does not work .. i'll check back in later ... got to run now tho. Good luck! Do a post so I know if it worked or not.

CJ
Closed Thread