Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 06:09 PM   #1  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Default Chocolate extract

Hi,

My name is Liz. Has anyone tried using chocolate extract in desserts? I LOVE chocolate and would like to use it to cut back on cocoa powder and enhance the flavor of different recipes. I have tried different "sugar free" chocolate syrups that tasted like liquid medicine---YUCKO

Any recipe ideas, suggestions and/or comments on chocolate extract would be appreciated!
Old 08-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #2  
it's always something

I've never tried it, and I don't think I've ever seen it in a local store. A lot of people say they don't like it. I'd be a willing guinea pig, though Please share your experiences with this product if you use it. I'm always interested in learning new ways to enhance flavors to get the most out of fewer calories.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:45 PM   #3  

Default I've tried it, but....

I looked all over for this stuff. I finally found it in one very chi chi upscale grocery store, which means $$$. I used it in my iced coffees and in desserts. it tasted fine but the bottle got used up way too fast.

I use Sugar Free Torani Chocolate Syrup and it works ok for me and also is less expensive. If the cost of the extract isn't an issue for you, it might work out well. I just know I tend to glug the stuff into things and the bottle was gone in the blink of an eye.

Closed Thread