Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-08-2005, 04:44 PM   #1  
Mikey's girl

Default Water intake & fullness factor

I tend to go up and down with my water, HOw much is a good amount per day? some days it is 60 oz some it is more. I just get WAY to full off of it and I tend not to eat, at that point I stop drinking as much ebcause I have not eaten alot for that week or couple of days. Does this make sense to anyone??
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 05:26 PM   #2  
Haley

I can't tell you how much is good per day because I used to think it was 8, 8 oz glasses but I've heard a lot of conflicting things on this.

Make sure you're not chugging down your water all at once, when I do this it makes me not hungry for a while and also sometimes gives me a stomach ache. When I spread my water throughout the day (glass before breakfast, one with breakfast, one with a snack, one with lunch, 2 after lunch, and one or two with dinner is usually how I do it).
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:49 AM   #3  

I think the minimum to be healthy whether on a diet or not is 8 8 oz. glasses per day...but it is ok to drink up to 10 or 11 if you are dieting!!!
I try to drink one glass before each meal, one glass with each meal and a few glasses between meals each day!! Its hard, but your body will get used to it and it will become second nature soon!!! I understand the feeling of fullness, which is why it is good to spread out the water consumption!!
Try drinking a 1/2 glass at a time every hour or so if it is too much to drink 1-2 glasses before and with meals!!
Good luck!!! It is a battle worth fighting!!
shortiemetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:23 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I have read multiple times that you should have your 8 8-oz servings (64 oz) daily PLUS another 8 oz for every 20 pounds you wish to lose (the larger your body, the more water you need!).

However, I have also read that no one knows WHY the 64-oz a day standard was set and that there's no studies to back up this number, so who knows.

Drink what works for you--don't drink so much you feel sick, but drink enough so you don't get headaches and such (dehydration is one of the major causes of headaches). Maybe try drinking your water WITH meals instead of before--that way, it doesn't make you not want to eat, since you're already eating.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:09 PM   #5  

Apparently there are no studies to back up drinking all that water. It certainly is better to drink water than any other liquid, but I searched the net a bit and there is nothing that says you must drink a certain amount. I think it just makes you feel like a failure if you set an amount like 8 glasses and then you can't do it and successful when you do. Maybe it all started with Atkins years ago, when you ate such terrible stuff like all you could eat bacon and pork rinds, tons of cheese and meat, went into ketosis and needed to flush the junk out.
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #6  

I think 1,5 liter is ok (around 7,5 glases). When I drank more water I was less hungry, that was the fact. When I started to drink less water I was eating more. I dont know why, but that was my case.
I dont think that more water will help you. Its not normal to drink more water, I think.

The easy was is to put a bottle on your desk and drink wenever you think of it even if you dont feel like it. And that is the way that you can count how much you drank.

Forgive my english!
point is offline   Reply With Quote