General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 09:13 AM   #1  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default 3FC in July 4 First Issue!

Wow! Didn't realize this site was that popular. But you got a mention on Page 78 in the July 4th Issue (I'm behind on my magazine reading LOL) of First under Nutrition Know-How:

Dodging travel weight gain
I spent most of the spring helping my company open a branch office in a town three hours away, which meant a lot of dining out. I thought I was making healthy food choices, until I tried on my bathing suit in preparation for my family's annual beach vacation. It was awful--I was bulging out all over! Where did I go wrong?

Restaurant dining poses the single greatest obstacle to weight control, so the diet deck was stacked against you despite your conscientious menu choices. In fact, studies show that people tend to underestimate the calorie count of restaurant meals by as much as 600. Experts speculate it's because diners have difficulty gauging the amount of hidden high-calorie ingredients like butter and oils in prepared dishes. Whatever the reason, eating out twice a day for two months can deliver an extra 72,000 calories--the equivalent of 20 pounds. To control calorie intake when eating out, decide what you'll order before you look at the menu. Just log on to 3fatchicks.com for nutritional information on dishes served at more than 30 chains nationwide. By the end of your vacation, those bathing-suit bulges may be history.

Ann Louise Gittleman, Ph.D., known as the First Lady of Nutrition, is the award-winning author of the "Fat Flush" series (McGraw-Hill) and "The Fast Track One-Day Detox Diet" (Morgan Road, 2005). To ask her a question, e-mail her at [email protected], or visit her website, annlouise.com, for more information.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:28 AM   #2  

That's funny since there's been some posts here fairly critical of her ... tee hee.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:42 AM   #3  

Well they called it right anyway!! This site is awesome!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:01 AM   #4  

COOL!!!!
Closed Thread