Old 08-08-2005, 09:00 AM   #1  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Weigh-in (Aug 8-14)

Since I'm running out the door this morning for a trip, I figured I'd start the post, so I don't forget to record it when I come back.

Down one pound and into a new decade. 279.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Synger - Congrats on the loss!! You are doing great!!

I weighted myself last week. (Thursday) I was down 4 lbs BUT I had not 1 but 2!!! Bad days.
I'm going to skip weighing myself today since, I was bad!

I know where I went wrong. Not planning well enough, not logging in my food on Pure Points Software. (I guess I don't have it all down on figuring pts values) The workouts went bad because - (Day 1) husband coming home from work early so we ran here and there. (School stuff) I ate healthy but mess up my calculations on pts. (Day 2) I babysat my great nephew (he's 2) his reg. baby sitter was sick. I played all day. Then my niece bought me Taco Pizza I ate it. UGH!! The days just got away from me. Had I planned properly I could have did much better. Sorry for this being so long I was think typing on how I messed up.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:39 AM   #3  
Downsizing Dee!

Synger - great job!

Mezmerize - don't beat youself up too much over a couple of bad days. They're in the past now. Like you said, you know where you went wrong, just get right back at it again.

I'm down 1 pound this week. I had expected to see a gain because it's my TOM and I didn't really get any exercise in this week because of a course I was taking.

Congrats to all!

~Dee

***edited because I can't spell***
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:08 AM   #4  

Down 1.8.

I am doing it the way Oprah did it. I mean, I weigh myself daily and then take an average at the end of the week. I know people say not to weigh themselves daily, but I like getting an average -- so that a little water retention on weigh day does not ruin my whole week.
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:52 PM   #5  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good job all. Mez I do just what you do. When I know I've done some damage I tend to not want to weigh also.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:28 PM   #6  
30lbs gone forever!!

Well, I'm a little annoyed because today I'm retaining an enormous amount of water, stupid TOM! My pants even feel tight on me Anyway, I'm up 2.5lbs to 212.5lbs from last Monday. I weighed yesterday because I couldn't wait until today and I was down 1lb, but since it wasn't my weigh day I can't count it. Next week will be better....................
krysidaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:23 PM   #7  
Tenacious

Synger - Wonderful! Any loss is great, but it's always exciting to move down into a new decade.

Mez - the important thing is that you know what you did wrong, but now you know the importance of planning. I really don't think you have anything to worry about just because you had a couple of bad days, but losing weight is a mental game so do whatever it is that you need to do to keep your mind focused on the end result.

Dee - 1 lb down, good job! I think we should get extra bonus point for living through TOM with any kind of loss.

Paula - I think that is a great idea! I don't have scales at home so I can't do that at this time, but it's something I'll consider in the future. Congratulations on the 1.8 loss!

Howie -

Krysi - It doesn't seem fair! But I'm sure your gain is just water and you'll have a great WI next week to make up for this week.
DeterminedInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #8  
Laura

I'm down one more pound for 17 total. YAH! 1 pound to a new decade and only 10 until my first mini-goal!
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:41 PM   #9  

Hey guys,

Congrats. I love the term new decade .

One thing I have learned is that a gain is easy to come back from, so I hope none of you who have, let it get to you. It's not worth it, you have to look at it in the overall. And for women in the whole TOM cycle, you shouldnt even briefly consider getting down about it, its not in your control.

I am down 2lbs this week reached 71 lbs in total which was a happy moment My counselor at JC put my before and progress pics up on the cork board at the center, she's hoping it inspires a few more men to be less shy about JC.

In the past i have done the same when I suspect i have gained. The first time I used JC to lose weight i would even cancel appointments under false reasons, (going away) or some other lie I could mustor to avoiding coming in and getting on the scale.

p
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:26 PM   #10  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Well, I already tooted my own horn in it's own thread above...so here's my weigh-in for this week.

I'm down 2.2 pounds this week from 202 to....199.8...
Onderland is a beautiful place

xoxoxox
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:10 PM   #11  
Tenacious

Laura - congratulations on the 1 lb loss! The fact that you are so close to seeing both another decade disappear and reaching your first mini-goal is great motivation for another good weigh in next week!

Paul - WOW! What a great week for you also! I know I always get motivated seeing before, during and after pictures of others trying to fight the battle of the bulge so I know your councelor is correct and you are going to be a great motivation for other men at your Jenny Craig center!

Linda - I'm still a long way from Onederland, but it is so inspiring to see others reach it! Congratulations on all your hard work getting there!!

As for myself - I lost 4 more ugly pounds this week!
DeterminedInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, I'm just back from vacation, but I weighed in before we left. Down one more pound, 39.8lbs total, soooo close!

Have a great week everyone!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:32 AM   #13  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I weighed in at 236.5, up 1/2 lb. from last week but still down 2 from my first weigh-in July 28.

When I get home from school, I will go over my food log to see where I could have made better choices.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:52 AM   #14  
One pound at a time...

Well I had my weigh in, and gained 1 lb. I am mad at myself about it because I know it was because I was not being careful. I kind of look at it as a wasted week, but my BMI is down again as well I can fit into some jeans confortably that I haven't worn in awhile. Small successes.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:43 PM   #15  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I maintained again this week. My own fault, I had way to much last Saturday. Just glad I did not gain.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote