South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 08:14 PM   #1  

Default Shortiemetoo?

Do I recognize you from somewhere?

Oh and thanks for the reminder to drink the H2O!! I just refilled my bottle. Now, we're off to DCA. Any recommended SBD friendly snacks?
Old 08-07-2005, 08:50 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaltexan
Do I recognize you from somewhere?

Oh and thanks for the reminder to drink the H2O!! I just refilled my bottle. Now, we're off to DCA. Any recommended SBD friendly snacks?

lol is it MousePlanet??? Or Laughing Place???
Wow...DCA!! I love it there!!! Yes...Low fat triscuits, 7 crackers are one serving...also when I was there over the 17th they had strawberries at the stands in both DCA and Disneyland!!! I also bring a serving of nuts with me, but rarely ate them! I did bring south beach cookie packets each day, but only ate them twice..when I was in line for buying pins and couldn't get anything to eat, but needed something!
There are great meals at Whitewater cafe...if you order the grilled chicken sandwhich and forget the bun it is still filling!!! Yummy too!!
There are fruit carts everywhere actually and they also sell lots of different kind of vegies..
I brought Crystal Lite drink packets (the individual ones) and I added a 1/2 pack to my 2 C. of water in my bottles!! I don't like it full strength!
Let see...what else?? Oh I know...in the paradise pier area there is the dip and strips place. They sell apples with caramel dipping sauce. I ordered the sauce on the side and you get a huge green apple all cored and peeled. I think I used about 1/2 tsp of the caramel sauce all together, but it took care of all my cravings the days I had one!! Really yummy!!!
In disneyland I ordered a french dip at New Orleans square cafe and asked them to hold the white roll and give me a small sourdough dinner roll instead!
Those are the snacks I can think of...that and string cheese...but I didn't bring that with me as I ate chicken etc. for my protein.
Have a wonderful time!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 01:50 AM   #3  

Yes, I recognized your name from MousePlanet. I admit to being more of a lurker than a poster, but I do chime in from time to time. I'm socaltexan02 over there, too.

Anyway - good tips for DL/DCA...tonight we went later than we originally planned so I ate a big snack (or early dinner) at home of chicken and 3 bean salad. I packed some pistacios for a snack and survived on that and water and one diet coke! I've never paid too close attention to the fruit carts (b/c who wants to buy a $3 apple ) but I'm glad to hear they have veggies, too. I've got just over a week left on phase one...so more than likely next time I can do the fruit, too.

Thanks!

Last edited by socaltexan; 08-08-2005 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:14 AM   #4  

Hi Ginny,
GRRRRRRRRRR...I just wrote out a long reply and for some reason it got lost..
to make it shorter...lol....I was watching my cals. for two weeks before starting south beach, lost 10 pounds then and transitioned into south beach, doing phase 1 for two weeks and have been on phase 2 for a few weeks now!!
You did great at the parks tonight!! Wow!! It is easier on phase 2, as you can have fruit and whole grains, so you will have a lot more choices on what to bring as a snack!
I was there for 6 days, hence the purchase of apples and strawberries from the carts!!
It is so cool that you go to mouseplanet also!! We can support eachother on both sites to help us stick to a healthy way of eating!!!
I take it you live close to the parks since you went for the evening!! I hope in April you will be able to meet Hakuna MaKarla and myself there at least one day!! There should be other padders there also as it seems to be a growing train of people who want to go at the same time!!! It should be fun!
Its funny because Hakuna MaKarla and I have the same first name, Karla and spelled the same way also!! We also each have a daughter named Rachel. My Rachel is with an "e" hers is with an "a". It's a small world after all.....lol
I hope to hear from you here and at M.P.!! And I hope we will get to meet in April!!!
shortimetoo/Karla
Old 08-08-2005, 10:15 AM   #5  

Hi Karla ~ I hate it when I lose a post!

Sounds like you are doing great on your weightloss. I am really liking SB so far, but will be VERY glad to hit phase 2. One more week, one more week...

I do live close to DL - we are about 30 min. away max (well, to the parking garage). It's nice to be able to go for a short trip (especially w/ little ones - mine are 3 and 1). Last night we went mainly for the Elec. Parade and a few rides at DCA.

Too funny about you and the "other" Karla. I'd love to get to meet you ladies and some other MPers one of these days, hopefully in April.

I'll "see" you around - here and there.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:08 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hate to but in but 2 things:

What is mouseplanet and when I saw DCA I thought you were coming here to DC -- The Washington International Airport (Reagan) has the airport code of DCA!
Old 08-08-2005, 11:28 AM   #7  

MousePlanet.com - is a website w/ info, updates, tips and tricks re: all the Disney parks. The site has articles, etc. and also message boards...w/ seperate forums for each park, for fun, etc. DCA is "MousePlanet speak" for Disney's California Adventure park, in Anaheim (right next to Disneyland)

I'm sure most people were lost on that was well.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:11 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Well, HB LOVES Disney!!! She is the quintissential Disney fan!

I would love to take her there for Christmas, if I could afford it
Old 08-08-2005, 06:39 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017
Well, HB LOVES Disney!!! She is the quintissential Disney fan!

I would love to take her there for Christmas, if I could afford it
Maybe you can save up and come in April when a lot of us will be there! You can make instant friends!!! It is so much fun! I was just there over the big 50th birthday bash (July 14-19) and met a lot of really nice people!!
The more the merrier in my book!!!

Socaltexan your kiddlins will fit right in!! There should be several kids there in the group and some older ones to help with the little ones too!!! I hope you will be able to make it!!
Closed Thread