WW Clubs and Groups - Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #59

View Full Version : Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #59

LilyG
08-06-2005, 02:26 AM
Ann: It is hard dropping. It really is. You will get it worked out.

Sigh~ really dont want to go but we are going to Winerys again. I want to get back on my plan!
Next week: Foot is better. I WILL get on threadmill!!!!!!!!!!! 4:20 AM

Need to post for my sanity. So easy to get out of the routine, Getting back is so hard. Been 1 Month. And I'm squissy (?) I hate being squissy :)

Karen L
08-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Hey Lily, We are in the same boat. Routine is hard to start and yet so easy to break. I finally quit taking the pain medication because I was good for nothing until noon . So naw maybe I can get back to my tapes at least. Hope you have a good time at the winery's.
Karen

Karen L
08-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Me again. just realized Lily started a new thread.

Ann, Sprout just looks puzzled when he hears the booms and cracks. An NO i did not know that Florida is the lightning capital . Your right about it being like fire works. We just got the thunder boomer yesterday. Maybe a sprinkle. Funny since we really do live close. And about Smokey shedding if he does, At Petco or Petsmart they have this sponge like thing that is wonderful at removing animal hair. Not sure what it is called but DIL has one and she has 2 cats and it really works wonders on removing hair.

Have to run going out.
Karen

Lizziepie
08-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Quick report - this was not a good weigh-in day.:mad: Gained and I don't really understand it, except that I think I retained a lot of fluid. Thurs. I ate a big deli dill pickle and then on Friday I don't think I drank enough water. Hope that is the cause. Do you two leaders have any suggestions? I don't think it could just be the change in points and my struggle with that. I didn't use all my flex points for the week. Out of 35 I used 18. :?: What can you tell me?

I had set a goal to be within 2 lbs of my Lifetime weight by Labor day, and now I know that I am not going to make it. :shrug: I just have to keep on keepin' on.
Talk to you all later. Ann

LilyG
08-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Ann. I bet it was the Pickle. And not enough water the next day. Love Pickles. Those big deli Pickles are loaded with Sodium. Best to eat at the first of the week. Bet you will have a big loss next week.

LilyG
08-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Had to go start dinner :o

Your right Karen. Hard to get back into the routine but I will. I vow next week to do it. Weird how you work so long at something and with a months time it all goes out the window :(

Off to watch a movie.

Tomorrow is Clean, Wash, get nails done rush rush.........

Trudy
08-06-2005, 11:44 PM
I have just finished reading Where The Heart Is by Billie Letts... has anyone else read this book? I really did enjoy it. It was Oprah's Book Club choice a while back.
Tomorrow is my DH's birthday, so today was spent getting him a gift and preparing for it. We are going to my DD's for the day and my brother & family will join us there. I left things until the last minute.
Nothing new with me, just trying to stay cool. I guess that is what everyone is doing this summer. It sure has been hot everywhere.
Ann Don't give up, the gain is probably temporary. Sometimes there is no reason for the gain. You could still reach your goal in time.

Bye for now..

painter5
08-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi All,

Ann just keep at it and it will probably come off next week. Those gains are so frustrating when you think you have done everything right.

Trudy I haven't read that one. I read one of her other ones-can't think of the name right now. I liked it whatever it was. Have fun at the birthday celebration.

Lily have fun at those winerys. I know I would.

We are going to dinner tonight with youngest son, dil and baby. It is ds birthday tomorrow. Think we are going somewhere on the river. Should be a nice night for that. Kentucky has lots of nice places on the river to eat. Cincy missed out by putting the big money pit stadiums on theirs. Still have to get him a gift and I have no idea what to get. Probably something golf related.

nanacas
08-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Good Morning!
You are all doing so well with your weight losses that I don't think any small weight gain will last long.

We are having a great weekend... the weather has changed and yesterday and today have been delightful. Friday was DH's BD and we went to the shore for lunch. Our favorite restaurant and although it was just across from the water it was warm...on the way home the car thermometer registered 102 deg. Had to turn the air on just to breath when we got home. Then had T storms and it changed. By the way DH had the most unusual lunch....Corn & Lobster Rissotto with the equivalent of a whole lobster in it. I took a bite and it was so good. However I had all I could do to finish my Crazy Shrimp Ceasar Salad. Greens, 10 Grilled Shrimp, Mozzarella Cheese squares, Asparagus, Grilled Grape Tomatoes and lots of Roasted Garlic. MMMMGood!!!
On Saturday we went to a party, on the north shore (1 hr away), with some of his former co-workers and they had a BD cake with candles for him. We had a great time and as we don't see them too often we just sat and chatted and laughed all evening.

Today DD#2 has asked us over for an in the kitchen clambake. That will make a 3 day BD celebration for ole Mr. "Spirit of 76". He picked up another hat with "76" on the front so I suppose he will now look for one for next year with "77". :lol:

Karen & Ann: I don't know as I would like to live in the T Storm capital....Last Monday midnight we had a storm that had 'rolling thunder" for 1 hour with constant lightning. I don't remember having one that intense for a long time and if we don't have one again for a long time thats OK, too.

Well I think I will make something to bring to DD's tonight.....can't go empty handed.

Have a good Sunday all.

Gloria

LilyG
08-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Gloria: That salad sounds wonderful! I love Cesar Salads in any form.

So many BD celebrations! Happy BD to all!

Nope Trudy havent read. Im getting worse at reading. Weekends we play or clean. Just no time to read anymore. I hope I can get back into it more. I really do miss it

flaggies
08-08-2005, 01:11 AM
G'day all,

A lot of activity here :)

Ann that is a bit of a mystery that you gained :( , how disappointing.

Karen I am sure you will feel a lot better not taking the pain medication. Are you back to feeling the way before you had your 'bingle'?

Lily wineries and wine are wonderful but they sure are a killer when you try and loose some weight :(
I am best to stay off any wine when I am seriously trying to get some excess weight off. It would not be so bad if I would sticke to just one or two glasses but alas that is just about impossible for me so it is best not to start. :shrug:

Gloria Sounds like you had a lovely weekend with your husband. A bit hot for me 102 :eek:
I really enjoy thunderstorms rolling in, but I HATE flying in electrical storms.
Last time we returned from Singapore, I was really quite petrified, incredible turbulance whilst flying through an electrical storm. I knew from my own flying days (100 years ago now :( ) that it can be very dangerous, I have never been nervous of flying but I was then.
The recent crash of the Air France jet in Canada is again proof how dangerous electrical storms are.

Trudy I must keep an eye out for the book you mentioned, I have yet to read a bad book from the Oprah Book Club.
I hope you will have a nice day with your dh for his birthday. Has the recent dental work you had done settled a bit?

Peggy 'Cincy' is that Cincinatti? It gets really hard buying birthday presents, everyone seems to have most things they want. Hope you had a nice day on the river.

We had a nice weekend, it has been quite cold here but spring is not far away.
We took dh's 93 year old father to watch our ds play football last Saturday. We were a bit doubtful if he would last the day but he thoroughly enjoyed himself. DS introduced him to a few of the players and he was just in his element.

Another busy week with lots to do :)

Lizziepie
08-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Hi: After being up many times in the night Sat. I am back to where I should be. Darn Pickles:mad: Now lets hope I can take it down a bit more. Just finished riding 6 miles on my bike.

I have to share a nice experience. Today I received a letter and booklet from one of my old classes of students. They were celebrating their 35th class reunion. :yikes: I had received an invitation, but of course couldn't go. So the booklet contains names and addresses of all those 'kids' from long ago. And I also received a CD that one of them made. He is no.1 pianist at the Dallas Gaylord Texas Resort. It is nice to be able say I knew him when he was in the 2nd grade. It was such a thoughtful thing for them to do. So now I am listening to Kenny's CD while writing this. It is nice to know that I am remembered, and that I did have some influence in their lives, concerning music.

Maria: Hard to remember that you are going into Apring and Summer while we are going into Fall and Winter.

See you all later. I'm enjoying some nice music. Ann

LilyG
08-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Peggy: How was your dinner? Sounds fun to be on the river for dinner. We have that here to but very rarely go as its so hard to get reservations. Its always full its so popular.

Maria: I know. And when we go we only go to 1 and come home. I never have it during the week. But I always have 2 on Sat. Never hurt me before.

Ann: Glad you are back to where you should be. Pickles are killers. But Yummmmmmmm. I do love them. Im sure you will make your goal you set :)

Woo Hoo Vacation is set. We were going to go to The Big Island Hawaii. But I have heard so many good things About Kauai we decided to go there. Made all our reservations today. Cant wait!
7 Days Next Month

http://www.hawaiicity.com/hawaiimap/Kauaimap.html

Night!

painter5
08-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Hi All,

Lily I am envious of your vacation. I think you will have a great time. I bet you can't wait.

Gloria -yum-those meals sound great. Tell your dh happy belated birthday. Is it still that hot there?

Ann I think you are my hero riding that many miles on your bike. I am going to start riding mine again today. Don't think I can do that many miles though.

Maria I wish we were going into spring instead of fall. I love fall but hate winter. It seems to last so long. The first time I flew I was 7 and we went through a horrific thunderstorm. I was scared to death. That was back in the old days with the little planes.

Have to get out and water the plants. This heat keeps wilting them. I guess I am making the water company happy.

flaggies
08-09-2005, 06:50 PM
G'day all,

It has been quite cold here the last week or so with lots of rain :)

Peggy do you have water restrictions? We are barred from watering the garden between the hours of 8 am and 8 pm in the summer. You are allowed to hand water but no hose. We have an automatic sprinkler system that comes on at 5 am. Hence I am pleased with the rain we have now.

Ann I bet you were pleased with the CD, how thoughtful for them to send it to you. 6 miles on your bike, wow that is quite a distance, good for you.

your holiday sounds good Lily I am a little puzzled why do you go when you still have summer :?: , I thought the most popular time to go is in your winter or is that the very reason why you choose to go next month?

Not much happening down-under, I keep myself busy with my work and I have also started going to the library again.

Hi to everyone else......

Cheers
Maria

Lizziepie
08-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Peggy: My riding six miles is easy to do, since there is a circle in our park that is 1 mile around and all on the level, so easier to do than riding in an area where there is traffic, etc. If I had to do that, and there was no bike trail near, I wouldn't ride. I usually ride with a friend too, and that makes the time go by faster.

I'm so happy that the shuttle got down safely. It was a worry with all the in space repairs they had to do.

Lily: I'm envious of your vacation too. I would love to go to Hawaii, and any island would do. There are a group going from our park in Oct. but it was posted when we were both under the weather, so to speak, and so we couldn't get in on the lower prices. They will fly out, then get on a cruise ship, go around the islands and then sail back to somewhere in California, I believe. I think, actually I'd just like to go to one place and not do all the traveling.

Haven't been able to do my dishes tonight as the water is turned off, but I think I hear bubbling pipes so will now go and give it a try. 'See' you later. Ann

survivor
08-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Well, I haven't been here in a coon's age. We went to San Antonio with our boys and their families for 5 days. It was hot, but we did Sea World on a day that threatened rain all day, but never delivered. It was a nice, cloudy day and we enjoyed the whales, the dolphins and the beautiful diving by a very talented group of young people. The aquariums with the beautiful tropical fish and the sharks. It was all just breathtaking. The kids (we had 6 grandchildren with us all) had a great time with the rides.

You know, this is just another stage in our lives. I watched my boys shelling out money left and right to make their kids happy with $15/ea rides on little junk, anything to separate you from your money, and just remembered when it was us peeling money off a dwindling roll. I loved it. My DIL asked if I enjoyed seeing my kids become the adults with children just like they were. You know, it is kind of fun. She has a 19-year-old who is driving her nuts because Brooke doesn't like to call her mom and stays out very late at night. She can't wait to see her going through the same thing. Ahhh, but the part that never goes away--this mythical child right now will be her grandchild. Just reread this and thought I detected another Glenda Ramble.

Sounds like you are all doing great on your diets. I ate a large swath through the state of Texas. That state might never be the same. We have been back two days and I haven't gotten hungry yet.

Slavika, you know how much we are all praying for the best for your DH. I just can't wait, like you, to get it all overwith so "Maui here you come!"

Lily - YEA, HAWAII!

Trudy, what is that book about? The title sounds familiar. How is your DD doing with her pregnancy? Your angel understand what is going on yet?

Peggy, a restaurant on the water. Sounds peaceful and wonderful. I hope you had a good time with your son's family. How big is that baby now?

Ann, I just envy you the joy of knowing you made such a mark on young people's lives. That is the great satisfaction in teaching. Elementary teachers make such an impact. I can still remember (after 100 years) all the names of mine.

Well, must go. It is amazing what being gone for awhile will do to you at work. I am unable to see over my desk.
Glenda

LilyG
08-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Peggy: Yes I am excited. We havent been to this Island. And everyone I talked to loves this one the best. So we shall see :)

Maria: We always go on Vacation in Sept. It doesnt snow where I live. Thats why most people go in Winter.

Ann: That does sound like alot of traveling. I like seeing more things to.

Glenda: Sounds like you had a great trip! Love Sea World. As I like seeing the Dolphins the most.

Been really crazy this week so must get back to work.

Trudy
08-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Glenda I am sure you would remember the book if you read it.
This is the blurb: Talk about unlucky sevens. An hour ago, 17 year old, 7 months pegnant Novalee Nation was heading for California with her boyfirend. Now she finds herself stranded at a Wal-Mart in Sequoyah, Oklahoma, with just $7.77 in change. But Novalee is about to discover hidden treasures in this small Southwest town - a group of down-to-earth, deeply caring people willing to help a homeless, jobless girl living secretly in a Wal-Mart. From Bible-thumping blue-haired Sister Thelma Husbnd to eccentric librarian Forney Hull who loves Novalee more than she loves herself, they are about to take her -- and you, too -- on a moving, funny, and unforgettable journety to.. Where The Heart Is Once I started to read it, I couldn't put it down.
Sounds like you had a great holiday. I would love going to Sea World again, we were in the one at San Diego, and in Vancouver and Toronto.
My :angel: is excited about the baby. She talks to her mommy's tummy. She will tell baby "when you come, the Christmas tree will be up", and will say "Hi baby, are you okay? She is always patting Mom's tummy too. It is so funny. It was so hot on the weekend, and we were over at their place. My DH wasn't sitting straight and his tummy was sticking out. So, :angel: asked him if he had a baby in his tummy too. She notices everything.
Lily I have a friend who has been lucky enough to see 4 of the Hawaiian islands and they liked Kauai the best. Their son is in the movie making business here, and he gave them the trips as Christmas presents. Maria you asked about my never ending dental problems. The oral surgery is healing and I am feeling better. I get the stitches out tomorrow. I made a mistake while eating my lunch, bit where I shouldn't have, and it is quite sore right now. Hope I didn't do any damage. I will have to wait about 4 weeks before I can get the crowns on.
Yesterday Slavika and her DH dropped by to deliver some essentials from Costco for me. We had to remark how good her DH looked. His voice was stronger and he looked more like his old self. We think he is going to be strong enough for the transplant and come out of this A-Okay. He sure has a lot of us praying and pulling for him.
Has anyone here ever had cortisone injections? The physio therapist isn't pleased how the Tendonitis on my ankle is responding and thought I should see the sports doctor again. He said that sometimes they do cortisone injections when the inflamation doesn't settle down on its own. Not sure I want to do that but would appreciate any information you gals might have on the subject.

Talk to you all later... bye bye.. :cheers:

flaggies
08-10-2005, 09:24 PM
G'day all,

Reading your posts, it definetly sounds like you are all a lot happier in the summer :)

I obviously still have a lot to learn about the geography of the USA Lily, I just assume that it is very cold in winter wherever you are in the USA other than Florida.

Sounds like you had a great trip Glenda with your children and grandchildren.

Trudy the book sounds the kind of book I couldn't put down either, a good one for holidays.
I hope your dentist was happy with the progress and your mouth is much better.
Re- the cortisone injections, of course both my sporty son and his wife have had cortisone injections. My son had 'osteo pubis', it is a very common football injury and difficult to treat. He had a few cortisone injections in his groin to try and continue to play football. He thinks they are 'wonderful' :?:
It always amuses me about those two, they are so ANTI drugs but something like a cortesone injection so they can continue playing is OK, anti inflammatory medication is fine. Both (my son no longer) are/were randomly drug tested, their theory seems to be that if you pass the drug test that is fine, yet a simple cold and flu tablet they cannot take because it would show up in their drug test. :?:
My daughter had a planters wart and had cortisone injections in her heel, the first one was great, 6 months later the next one not quite so good and then she had another one which also gave her a lot of relief. I haven't heard her complain of her heel so it must be allright now.

Slavika good to read Trudy's comment as to how well your dh is looking, sounds like it is all going well, September here we come! You must be feeling very encouraged that the transplant will go ahead as planned.
Unbelievable what a year you two have had, 2006 will be YOUR year.

I am with you Ann what a relief to see the space shuttle land safe and sound. We get a bit more information than we normally would because Andy Thomas is an Australian...and an Adelaide boy! His parents were interviewed quite regularly and both were quite relieved when the shuttle landed.

DH home again tomorrow night. He is quite unhappy with his work at the moment and they now want him to stay in Sydney for yet another project :( :mad:
He has sort of agreed but stipulated that he wants to do a lot of the work from home. They don't care as long as they can keep him.
Told dh just to keep thinking of our impending retirement :)

Have a great day all,

Cheers
Maria

Karen L
08-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Hi all,
Just been doing a lot of reading instead of posting. I think the heat has got to me and fried my brain!

Maria it would be smart of your DH to keep reminding his employer of his soon to retirement. They do like to forget when you are valuable employee. Funny about Your DIL and DS and the drug thing. Most of our southern states are snow free or snow once in a blue moon . It does get a bit cold in the winter but in the south it is only for a few days or a few weeks not months. Iíve lived in Georgia, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Oklahoma And now Florida. As I recall none of those states have much of a winter. I remember Colorado it would snow in the morning and by noon you were opening the windows because it was so nice and warm and the snow was gone. I think I remember ice storm in Oklahoma one time. And I do remember once it snowed in Georgia and because it never does that many people driving were in the ditch because they didnít know how to drive on snow and ice. That only lasted a day or so. Then it was warm again. This past winter here in Florida we did have a cold late December . We had to cover our flowers a few times. But I was told that doesnít happen much. Enough of the geography lesson.

Trudy cute about Your Little Grand Daughter talking to baby. I never read that book but I do remember the movie. It was a good movie. Glad that we have someone who can see Slavika and DH and can tell us that he looks good it is encouraging .Sorry about your on going dental problems. I know when my mouth hurts I am good to nobody.

Lily sounds like you are excited about your vacation. Youíve had a ruff couple of yearís right? So the vacation is the payoff for persevering. The weight thing is a pain in the rear . Just wish they would invent a pill to keep the weight off once you lose it.

Ann why was the water off?? How is Smokey? Good for you riding in this heat!

Today I will get a perm. Had enough of this straight hair. And I do mean straight! My brothers all 4 of them have natural curly hair me I got straight. Not Fair!!

My neck is sore today after the visit to the chiropractor yesterday. But Iíve put heat on it and feels better.. Glenda ,how long after your accident did you begin to feel better.?
Glad you had a good time with your family. I do like to watch my sons with there children. And I am really proud they are such good Dadsí.

Have to go. Have a great day and hello to Peggy and Gloria
Karen

LilyG
08-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Trudy: I never had a cortizone injection before so cant help you. Glad you got to see Slavika and her DH. We did buy a book on Kauai and looks likes there is lots of things we want to do. How cute Angel is talking to baby. Hope you mouth starts to feel better soon.

Karen: Yes it was a hard couple of years and this is a pay off for us :) Hope your Neck is better. Not fair that your brothers got the curly hair! My 2 sisters did to. All I got was a little tiny bit in the back. Not good for nothing. :)

Have a great day all!

slavika
08-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Hi Everybody :)

I finally get here to post and then when I went to send it, the page timed out and I lost it. GRR. :mad: I tried to get back to 3FC and I couldn't even do that. I don't know what happened, but here I am again. I know in my heart that this post will not be as brilliant as my previous one. The last one was indeed a work of art. :stars: LOL LOL :lol: :D :D
Lily, that is super that you and your DH are going to Kauai next month. I have never been there but I understand that it is just incredibly beautiful. I look forward to hearing what you think about it when you get back. :)
Ann, about 4 years ago when DH and I were returning from Maui, we sat near a couple who had gone on a cruise and one of their stops was Maui. They were very disappointed. They said that the ship anchors and the tender brings the guests to the island but all they got to see was all the different shops in Lahaina that sell T-Shirts, souvenirs....and not much else. He said that the following year they were going to go back and stay on the island of Maui for a week and another island for a second week.
Ann good for you. :bravo: It sure sounds like you are making a BIG effort to lose weight. :bike: Last year when I thought we were going to Maui I bought those two lovely, rather expensive swimsuits and there they sit, still in the bag the girl put them in. If I don't get this extra weight off, I'll never fit into those swim suits this winter, so I am trying. LOL, it's almost like I forgot how to do that.....lose weight I mean. :D With DH home now, (that in itself was a big adjustment for me to make) but then when we are running around to the hospital and for different treatments etc, we have been eating out so much and I never did that before.
When we stopped off at Trudy's on Tuesday she gave me a little baggie of these tiny grapes, called, Champagne Grapes to try........delicious. :) Have any of you tried them? When DH and I were out today we stopped at the supermarket so I could buy some too. They are just tiny, juicy little grapes and the carton says they come from Fresno, California, and they are very inexpensive. :)
Peggy, I think this is the first year in my life that I am looking forward to fall so DH transplant is over, and winter so that we can have that holiday we missed out on last year. I don't know gals, maybe it is not wise to wish your life away. It seems that the older I get the faster "some" things and time go by. My grandson was here on Monday and he is now about 1/2" taller then me..... he is 11 years old, and he was just thrilled. :love: :love:
Glenda, it sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. I loved seeing San Antonia....it's so different from my own city.
Gloria, the good news is that if your DH got to celebrate his birthday for 3 days.....hee hee so did you. :D
Maria, lots of people go to Maui from Australia....it's just they go when it's your winter and we go when it's ours. Friends told us that way the hotels and condo's are booked year round.......I guess that holds true for people like Lily who don't really have a "winter" with snow, they can go whenever they want. Lots of people from California come to Maui.
Karen, I'm glad that Sprout is not scared of the thunder. We used have a dalmation that was so scared that when she shook her fur just went flying. I thought the poor baby would end up looking like a bald dalmation. She reacted the same to fireworks. :(
The hospital called this afternoon and we are to go back in tomorrow so DH can have another blood test to check his oxygen levels. His hemoglobin had been down but now it's up and they want to check on the oxygen thing.
He was going to have his central line put in tomorrow but now they are doing it on Monday the day he is admitted to the hospital.
Well gals, since I lost my first post, it seems I have been sitting here a long time. I better go and do something else for awhile. Have a nice evening.

Sparklerose
08-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Hi, sorry I haven't been around. Been really busy.

Lily - You and your husband have a wonderful time on Kauai. I have always wanted to go the the islands, maybe someday.

Trudy - I am sorry about your tooth problems. I have been going through something similiar. :( Still not done either.

Glenda - sounds like you had a wonderful visit with the grandchildren. This is the first year in 5 years, we aren't going back up north to see ours. Hopefully, next June we can go up to see them.

Slavika - my prayers are with your husband and you. Take care and keep us posted.

Been doing fairly good this week with eating. Ate chinese yesterday. Even though I didn't do too bad, I am still holding water today.

Have a great weekend. :)

Lizziepie
08-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi All: I tried to post yesterday and got the message that the Forum was down for maintenance. Maybe that is what happened to you Slavika.

Glenda: I just love Sea World. The dolphins are so graceful, and I just can't imagine swimming with those whales and doing all those fantastic under-water things. We now have season passes, so we can go more often and not feel like we have to see everything in one day.

Slavika: Sounds like a better idea to get the vein shunt or whatever you called it, when your DH is in the hospital for the treatment and transplant. Then you don't have to be worrying about how it is doing. Isn't it the pits to have your grandkids taller than you? And now I can put my head on my DD shoulder, since I have lost inches from the osteoporosis. I do all the exercise trying to not lose anymore. I just want you to know that we don't have any pot-luck dinners like that one. :D: :lol:

Hope I have a good weigh-in tomorrow. I'm not eating any dill pickles, or anything else that would make me retain water.

Sparklerose: Where up north did you come from? And I know that eating Chinese always makes me retain water. It has to be the soy sauce and monosodiumglutamate. Since I see Florida in your name area, are you anywhere near Karen and me?

Trudy: I have had cortisone shots and they do help relieve the inflamation. So if that is the route your Dr. suggests go for it. It is sure worth a try to see if it will work. I had tendonitis in my thumb joint, and I got a shot there. That created a bleached out spot on my wrist, and it lasted quite a while. My Dr. said for me to be sure to tell anyone who was going to give me a shot that they had to be deep.

Maria: Most of the northern states are the ones with the 'winters' That is whay we all excape to Fl. or Arizona. We have been watching hurricane Irene very closely, and are grateful that now it is going to miss us. I don't want it to be bad for anyone, but I keep thinking that 3 in our area in one year is enough for a while.

Lily: You will have to share your trip with us. Hearing about someone else who did the cruise route, makes me fell glad that we didn't get to sign on. I think if we get the chance to go, we will just do one place.

Karen: Hope your neck will soon feel better. My DH is now going to Physical therapy Aqua-size. He is doing all the exercises in a water tank. Today he came home and said that he did something different and that his bakc is now hurting. But I feel sure that over time he is going to see improvement.

Hi Peggy and Gloria: Hope you are having a good day.

Everyone have a great weekend. I will report tomorrow whether it will be thumbs up or thumbs down. Ann

LilyG
08-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Slavika: Yes I have those grapes all the time. Love them! Fresno is only about 2 hours away from me. They are yummmmmmm Will be thinking of you on Monday! Pretty sad when your grandkids are taller than you. But they sure seem happy about it. My nieces are always laughing at me cuz they are taller than me.

Ann: I would never do a cruise to Hawaii. There is just to much to see and its to beautiful to miss. They never let you off the boat for to long. Much better to fly over so you can see the sites. Good luck with your WI tomorrow!

Sparklerose: Chinese food always does that to me. So does Pizza. I can eat 1 slice and gain 5 pounds over night. But it does go away

Later!

LilyG
08-13-2005, 01:14 AM
I was back reading as I dont have alot of time now a days. Least I can check at lunch!

Maria: When we go to the winerys. Its like 1 maybe two. Its not the wine that hurts me. Its the food they have to offer. Sorry I never said this before. Hubby and I have never tasted all. We taste what we like. We are both different. We have each maybe 1/2 Glass of wine Before we go.

But the food they put out in these places.............. Chat Chat Chat.... Eat Eat Eat, One of them puts out the most decicate (?) Browine. Do I taste? Noooooooo Just about 3 times. :) The serving isnt even a serving. Its about 1 x1. I Estimate it at 3 points Its that bad. Have 3 or more the day is shot!

So its not the wine its what they serve to go with it. I have always been bad to keep my mouth shut around Snacks.

Thought I should explain.

Lizziepie
08-13-2005, 10:37 PM
THUMBS UP!!!!!!!
Last week I had gained 2.2 thanks to the dill pickle. this week I lost 2.6 so I am back on track. Went bike riding tonight, 5 miles. I'm just going to keep on keeping on. I know I won't be able to get back to my goal weight by Labor Day, but I feel sure it won't be too long after that. at least I hope so.

Lily: I too have a hard time with snacks. And especially home made cookies:D: Guess it is a more common problem that we want to admit.

Have a great weekend all. Ann

Karen L
08-14-2005, 12:41 AM
Way to lose Ann. Good Job. :bravo: :high:

Lily & Ann I guess we are all alike in at least that one area. I've always said cookies in the house is cookies :cookie: in my mouth. That goes for ice cream too. I manage to stay in points for about 4 days a week the rest of the time I hang on by the skin of my teeth :censored: I'm sure the rest of the girls here will agree. For some it is salt and some it is sugar. :kickcan: But Ann you are doing good. Ride that bike and you'll melt those pounds you want to lose. :goodscale

Karen

flaggies
08-14-2005, 01:04 AM
G'day all,

Good for you Ann well done!

Lily it has been a long time since we went to the wineries. It used to be a very popular thing to do but it doesn't seem to be so now. Maybe it has to do with our VERY strict drink and driving laws.
If we now go we only go to buy some wine and bring it home to have with meals etc. :) and I hate say it with me it is the wine not what I eat with it!
Now that dh is commuting to Sydney, one night (only) we have a bottle of wine with our dinner, when he is home we are always tempted to have wine more frequently.

Karen I think we must all have our 'not safe to have in the house foods' .

It is a very cold and miserable sunday here.
I have finally persuaded my dd to load 'Skype'. For those of you unfamiliar with Skype, it is a VERY cheap (like nothing) way of talking to one and other. I use it quite often, especially when dh is out of the country and if we are both on line it is just like a telephone conversation without the cost.
It all started with her having a 'quick cam' (a camera that sits on top of your computer) I had one but seldom use it so I have resurrected mine again. It took a while to get everything synchronised but it is going now and working a treat!
I now also have a hat permanently at my computer, for my many bad hair days ;) :D

I can hear dh talking to some visitors.....I will fly....

Cheers
Maria

Karen L
08-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Maria the web cam is fun . We use Yahoo chat to have a voice conversation. It is great and true cheeper than the phone.

Went to a flea market yesterday and after walking a bit we had to go . It was way to hot to hang around there.

Gals, Did we have a conversation a long time ago about heal pain? I think it was you all that were talking about the best sort of shoes to be wearing. I just can't make my self wear tennis shoes all the time when it is so warm. If I remember someone talked about a brand of sandal that worked real well. Does any one remember this conversation? Or did I dream it up????

Hello to all and Have a Great Day

slavika
08-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Hi Karen :)

My most favorite, most comforable sandals I have ever had are TEVA'S. I have been wearing the same pair for about 3 or 4 years I think......I just LOVE them.

You can check out my favorites at

www.tevasandals.com

I like the Normadic on Page 2 #6397
and #6388 on page 3

flaggies
08-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Just to throw in my 2 cents worth....I think ECCO's are the best!
Not sure if they are available in the USA, they are a European brand.

Cheers
Maria

slavika
08-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Maria yes ECHO is a great shoe too. I just bought a pair of Echo flip flops that are really comfortable but not really great for walking a long distance. I did bring home a "sandal" thinking I would get them instead of new Teva's but they rubbed against the outside of my ankle so those went back. I guess you just have to buy them, bring them home, and walk around a little bit in the house and see how the different brands feel. :)

LilyG
08-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Woo Hoo Ann! Thats a super Loss! :p :D

Im looking for something good my self. Did love Tevas. Will try again.
Never seen Echo's before but will look.

Been wearing my Tennis shoes around the house hate it. To hot!

Karen L
08-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Slavkia I'll will check into Tevas. I did see a pair of slide on sandals that I really liked. Thanks :D
Maria I,ve not ever heard of Echo's but will sure have a look. Thanks to both of you for the suggestions.
Tennis shoes around the house too HOT I agree! :nono: I've been doing foot exercises and they do seem to be helping the heel pain. Have to do it before I get up and try to walk, then the pain is not as bad. :rolleyes: Once I walk for a minute or two it is almost OK. Puts a damper on weight loss when you hurt and can't walk. :tantrum:

I Love that little tantrum guy!

Karen

Lizziepie
08-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Karen: I like SAS sandals. They have been very good for me. Not cheap by any means. There is a store in Lakeland on edgewood Drive called Comfort Shoes that caarries the SAS. And because I have a narrow foot, they come in widths from the very wide to the narrow. Good look in your search. Ann

nanacas
08-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Good Afternoon All!
It's been a while since I last posted but the humidity has really been awful and I have done little but sit before the fan and read. Yesterday afternoon we had another humdinger of a thunderstorm....lasted 2 hours and boy did it rain. We had 5.10 inches of rain and a good portion of town was underwater. The poor folks at the low end of our street had 3 ft. of water in their basement and lost a brand new washer and dryer and air conditioner.
They are a young couple with 3 small kids and I do feel sorry for them. Almost all the town was without electricity for 4.5 hours. Today, however, is a different story and we had about 65 deg waking up this morning.

This last weekend was tax free weekend in MA. Normally we pay 5% tax on everything but clothing under $500. and food. It was a mad house at most appliance stores and furniture outlets etc.l We bought a new mattress--Queen size this time and it was delivered today. It is foam and is supposed to be very good for a 'stomach' sleeper like me. Will keep my back straight.
Let's hope so. Also got DH a new recliner chair. That won't be delivered for another week.

To jump in on the shoe question....I love Clarks....They are an English shoe.
A while back I had bone spurs in my heel and had to have a cortisone injection in the heel.....it worked. I had previously tried shoe inserts and sneakers and nothing helped. After a while I went looking for something else that would not hurt my foot. Tried Clarks...this particular style had the word 'Springers' on it. They were wonderful and wore them every summer for 8 years.....they fell apart this year. Have another pair now and they are great.
By the way when I got a bone spur in the other heel my Dr. (different one) said he didn't do cortisone and if it isn't placed in the exact right spot it can take out all the cushion in your heel and you are worse off. This time I used and antiinflamitory med. which helped but took longer to go away.

I have seen Teva, Eccos, & SAS but never saw a style I liked. Will have to look again.

My FOOD NOT TO HAVE IN THE HOUSE IS...NUTS OF ANY KIND. I love ice cream but only have non fat frozen yogurt in the house. I use one of those small ice cream cones and that way you can only get so much yogurt in one. It gives me a touch of dessert and I don't feel deprived.

I know I haven't answered you all by name but I will say HI-- Glenda, Peggy, Maria, Ann, Trudy, Slavika, Lily & Karen! :grouphug:

Karen L
08-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Well I bought the Teva's . The only style I found at Beall's is the Hurricane II #6471 in the Amy Electric pattern. I thought Hurricane was a very appropriate name for sandals for Florida.

Gotta go got a leaky sink and DH needs me.
Karen

LilyG
08-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Next Thread

flaggies
08-15-2005, 10:41 PM
it MUST be time for a new thread....

See you there

Cheers
Maria