South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 08:48 PM   #1  

Default Small victory with a lot of willpower

I made macaroni and cheese for my 3 year old tonight. I love that stuff. Just the powdered kind. I used to just eat it for a meal when I didn't have to worry about feeding DH. I felt kind of guilty for feeding it to him, but that is a whole different story. (It was purchased before we started working on this, so I'm not going to waste it )

Anyway, as I was dipping it out for him. I was feeling a real bad feeling of "poor me". I REALLY wanted that Mac n cheese. A piece fell on the stove and well, in the past, I would have just ate it. But, tonight, I didn't. Also, DS was trying to feed it to me tonight. I just pretended to eat it. I know if I had one bite that would have been the end!

I am about to the end of Day 4 and very proud of myself for not caving. I'm telling you the smell of bread is killing me. I make toast on whole wheat high fiber bread for my DS to take to daycare of the mornings. (He has some potty issues so I try hard to sneak in as much fiber as possible.) IT SMELLED SO GOOD.

I haven't caved yet. I have every desire to make it through these first two weeks without cheating.

Thank goodness we can eat the sugar free jello, posicles and some sugar free candy. Thank goodness I can drink diet drinks!
Old 08-05-2005, 10:36 PM   #2  

Congrats! My son will be 4 next week and I know how hard it is and hes always offering me yummy things!
Old 08-06-2005, 07:24 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good for you, Dana! Keep it up!!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Dana you Are Fabulous Mac N Cheese is my Kryptonite!
Old 08-06-2005, 09:09 AM   #5  

Dana - You did wonderful! You'll be out of phase 1 soon enough and then you can have some of that toast. I used up the rest of my macaroni and cheese and now my son eats WW pasta just like DH and I do.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:45 AM   #6  

That's great! I have a 3 yr. old and a 1 yr. old and I am finding now that I didn't even realize how often I mindlessly look bites of their food - mac/cheese, a nugget, vanilla yogurt, etc. I'm starting day 5 today and so far very determined to stick it out for the whole 2 weeks. We're almost half-way there!
Old 08-06-2005, 11:34 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

YAY for YOU!!!

Great work!

I actually had a similar experience yesterday. My tuna on wheat sandwich came with chips on the plate. I brought it back and asked for veggies.

When I saw that a small, small chip was stuck to my sandwich, I took it off rather than eating it. I knew that even a tiny piece would make the death of me...
Old 08-06-2005, 01:25 PM   #8  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Hurray for you Dana!!!! Mac & cheese is one of my favorite things to eat. Glad you could resist.
Closed Thread