Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 08-05-2005, 05:14 PM   #1  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Default breast pads

Ok. I'm thinking about these breast pad things. Do you ladies use them? With my first child, I would wear them if I was going somewhere, like church or a family get-together because I was afraid of dripping/leaking through my shirt (I had lots of milk). But, how do people wear these things without them showing? My husband says it looks like I have HUGE, puffy nipples! Like a coaster over each boob. Are they really necessary?
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:07 PM   #2  
resident lactivist

Honestly, I never used them. They didn't seem comfortable to me. I never leaked so that it showed through my shirt unless I wasn't wearing a bra (& I always wore one outside the house). And this was back when I had to keep a towel handy for the free breast when I was nursing my daughter.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:26 PM   #3  
yawaii29

S/C/G: 143/143/130

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

I used them, but never had that problem, maybe it was the brand..though right now I can't remember the name. I know that they can be pricey..so you can also use pantyliners and cut them in half or so...it works
yawaii29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:23 PM   #4  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

I got this freebie sample bag from Motherhood today, is what got me thinking. There were some Avent disposable ones. I have washable Evenflo and another brand, they're all about the same size & thickness. Really they're just too thick! Pantyliners seems like a good idea, plus they've got the adhesive on the other side to keep 'em in place. I'll try that if I need to.

I remember babysitting for my cousin's three kids, one of them a baby, and she came home with her shirt SOAKED. She'd only been gone like 2 hours, but she said there was a crying baby in the restaurant, and she just started spurting.

Thanks
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:51 PM   #5  

I only leaked (and not much) when my babies were really small. I bought some cotton washable pads that were really soft and comfotable. I don't remember where I got them though. Maybe you could try a google search. I agree with you though, they don't look too great when wearing tight clothes, or even t-shirts. Depends on the bra a bit too. If its not too hot where you are, try layering, otherwise, sweater season is on it's way!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:51 AM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Well I bought two backs of cloth ones at Wal*Mart and have tried them. I don't have any problem with them showing. Don't know if I'll be leaky or what, but I'll be prepared.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

I never leaked much after the first couple months. I really liked the Avent and Medela ones. I had lots of samples, never bought those. I did buy a box of Gerbers. They were OK, but they came out with new ones that are like the Avent/Medela ones. Really thin and contured...don't show through.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:58 PM   #8  

I use lilypadz a lot. They stick to the breast, not the bra, so they don't slip around. They are a sticky silicone or something. Very thin. A little spendy, but worth it to me. They don't hold well if you are very engorged, like first thing in the morning. http://www.lilypadz.com/index1.html

For disposables, I use Lansinoh brand. Some shirts I can see the outline of them, but most you can't tell.

I am a big time leaker. I can't leave the house without them. I usually use them at night as well. I was leaking while pregnant, so I even used them then.
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:41 PM   #9  

I leak a lot. I use Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads. I found them to work the best.
Sarasein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 12:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I needed them at first with both of mine. I tried Gerber disposable ones and hated them because they were too bulky and showed through my shirts. Then I found the Lansinoh ones and LOVED them. I think I used them for about 6 months with both babies, and for the later months of my second pregnancy as well (my daughter was still breastfeeding through part of my pregnancy, and my milk never dried up so I leaked a lot during pregnancy after she weaned.)
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote