Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chit Chat #139

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chit Chat #139

Jane
08-03-2005, 11:42 PM
WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies site! :wave:

We're a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey, and we also share the ups and downs of our daily lives. Please feel free to join us! :cofdate:

Jane
08-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristi - if you bring me your ironing, I'll do it for you, lol. Anything to get an actual visit from a fellow Jaded Lady! So sorry about your dad. :grouphug: I should know this, but I'm not sure if you get to see him very often. Hope you do. Like you, I'm so very tired of the heat and humidity. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow, too, and I'll be glad if it does, as the crops need it. The soybeans are wilting!

A big hello to the other JLs reading this.

I've had a good day. Got some things done (besides the ironing, lol) that I wanted to accomplish, and also had a really good visit with my son. Just him and me.

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with my niece. She and I have made a promise to not wait so long between visits, as in the past. She's a sweetie with the kind of personality that you just want to be around, and I'm glad we're making time for each other.

Well, that's it for now. Hope you have a good night, and a good day tomorrow.

odbeth
08-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Hey Girls!!
Thought I'd catch up before going to bed...I just got in from the restaurant...we were pretty busy tonight. I have to be really careful and really determined to watch what I eat while I'm there. Our cooks are always wanting everyone in the kitchen to sample everything and of course it all has some kind of creamy sauce, or breaded something on it. It is wonderful!!! but tonight for the first time ever I declined....I felt very in control of myself thanks to ya'lls support.
I spent the better part of the day working on some tax stuff for my daughter (ugh!!)
She's going to try to buy a house and we had needed to file an amended return for some of her school tuition stuff. (They needed a current return for her loan stuff). I'm very glad it's done---I had been putting it off for awhile.
Jane---that's so nice you got to spend time with your son. It's so nice to get them by themselves sometimes and just reconnect. Do ya'll farm? I can't remember if I've asked---just wondered when you mentioned the soybeans. Have fun with your neice tomorrow---which reminds me.....
Mindee my neice that is about to have a baby is named Carli Beth --- I think Harley Beth sounds pretty good too????
Christi ---keep us posted about your dad. I'll keep him in my prayers.
I hope everyone else is doing great!! My friend, Dana, that moved away this summer, is coming for a visit tomorrow. It'll be great to see her. I've really missed her and her family. Thought I'd try to get up early and get my mowing done before going over to see her.
I'll hollar at ya'll later---Love to all---Beth~~~a strong and happy woman!

Marti
08-04-2005, 07:27 AM
Good Day Ladies....

Well, I have to say that I no longer have any cigarettes...smoked the last one tonight and don't plan on buying anymore. So I had to warn people....."Beware, my attitude may be testy, but I still love you!" :lol:

As for the gym. I haven't gone in yet! Can you believe that. My co-worker has been feeling ill, she goes in for surgery for her sinuses this Friday and I told her not to worry about it until she's better. I've been using the gazelle so at least I'm not doing absolutely nothing! I do plan on working out w/another girl tomorrow though. Get myself ready for the first non-smoking at work day.

Well ladies...I must get to bed. Very tired. I will catch up and do indi's when I'm more awake!

Night!

jetall
08-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Good morning Jaded Ladies!
I like your name. I hope there is room for one more. I am probably more jaded than most of you because I had my 60th birthday in July. (Can that be true?) I am married. We have 3 children and 5 grandchildren. There are 2 cats and a border collie in our household.

That is probably enough information for this e-mail. Thanks for reading.

hugs,
Judy

odbeth
08-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Yea!!!!! We're so excited to have another join us! Welcome Judy. I'm Beth---one of the newer to the group. Joined on at the end of July. I still have trouble keeping everyone straight in my mind but I know that we do have a couple of ladies who live in Canada.

I tell you, girls, I could not sleep last night. The last time I looked at the clock it was 3:50. I hate nights like that cause I know I'm going to be so tired the next day....and I am!!!--tired---. I'm going to vacuum and dust this morn before my friend Dana gets here.

I hope all of you have a good day and stay OP. I'm up to about 90 oz of water and it has really helped the swelling in my hands and feet. Talk to ya'll later---

Beth~~a strong and happy woman!

FrouFrou
08-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Good morning ladies!

Hi Judy! A very big WELCOME to you! And of course there is room for another Jaded lady. Look forward to getting to know you.

Jane~I am so hoping for rain today! It is supposed to be about 94-still hot but not as hot as the three digits we've been having. Hate to see our water bill! :yikes: No, unfortunately I don't see my dad often, or the rest of my family. It's a little hard with them being in AR. Even though it is only a 8 hour drive it's still hard to get down there as often as I would like. I just hope nothing happens before I see him again and I have no clue when that will be. Glad you had some mother/son time. When the kids were younger I always had one on one time with each one. Now it is hard. I do once in a while with DS#1 and DD and I always have time together but DS#2...we hardly ever have that. We have our talks which is nice but when he was working he was just too tired or wanted to go with his friends.

Beth~WTG on your NSV!! :clap: :bravo: I would think it would be very hard to work in a restaurant-too tempting. Glad you could help your DD. I was trying to talk DS#1 into buying a house when he moves out rather than throw his money away renting-didn't succeed. I hope your DD gets to buy one, such a great investment for sure.

Marti~did you get the patch? DS#2 thinks he is just going to throw them away and not smoke again when he leaves next week-can't take them with him. I told him he should get the patch and use it before he goes but he says he can just quit cold turkey. I'll be surprised considering he smokes two packs a day sometimes. I wish you both luck in quitting! :lucky:

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

Not much on the agenda today. Going to straighten the house some and mop the floors. Washed all the rugs last week but have yet to put them down because I was waiting to mop. As long as DS#2 stays out of the kitchen and bath long enough for them to dry. He sprained his ankle last week and couldn't work so he just quit. Couldn't go back 'till Tuesday and has to go for yet another physical Friday morning so wouldn't get much done anyway. Of course he's bored so he has been trying to find things to do around the house which means making a mess of the floors! Think I will take him out to lunch and a movie next Tuesday since he will be leaving Wednesday. :cry: :cry: Anyway, probably should get going and get something done.

:flow1:Take care ladies and have a great Thursday! :flow1:

FrouFrou
08-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Hi Beth! Saw that you had posted while I was typing away :comp: Your night sounded a lot like mine. My stinking arm/wrist/shoulder is bothering me again and kept me up most of the night. Really need to find a drug that works! Hope you have a nice time with your friend Dana today! :cofdate: Andt WTG on getting the water down! I don't think I have ever drank 90 oz, or that I could! So :bravo: to you!

tommysgirl18
08-04-2005, 06:20 PM
hello ladies......

well, I have to say, we finally got a cooperative baby. this little one, is another boy! Tommy says that he is unsure of the name now, so we shall see what we will come up with.

just checking in to see how you are all doing.

Marti
08-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Not much time for personals today as I'm running behind it feels.

But I have to announce.....no cigarettes today and I don't have a craving for it. I've been so busy and if I keep being busy then I'm not going to have any troubles.

Now...as I speak of not smoking, I have to keep in the back of my head to not replace a cigarette w/food. That's going to be tough. So far so good. (sheesh, it's only the first day)

I also joined the 21 day challenge over in the Support Group forum...to keep me on track. Girls, if I get through those 21 days (which I know I will) than I have it made!!!

Ok.....off to take a shower and get rid of some stench before work! :D

I'll check in after work.

OH-OH!! Before I forget! Welcome Judy!!! Always room for one more! Looking forward to getting to know you!!

Jane
08-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Hi ladies,

Beth - YAY for avoiding the BLTs at work.. better known as "bites, licks, and tastes"!! We used to farm, but after FIL died, we decided to let a neighboring farmer rent our ground from us. It's not a big farm, only 60 acres. Hope you had fun with Dana today. Be sure to tell us about it!

Marti - I'm just loving your positive spin on the no smoking! SInce you had quit for awhile before, you know to expect the coughing and the enhanced sense of smell. YAY for you joining the challenge in Support!! :cp: I bet Jhanai is so proud of you! I forget, is James doing this with you? If you get cranky, we'll understand, friend. If you get TOO cranky, I'm coming to Oregon and kicking your butt, lol. Seriously, Marti, we all want you to succeed in this, and will help you through it, whatever it takes, ok?

Judy - a big Welcome to you!! I, too am fairly jaded, lol, and you'll fit right in with the rest of us. When you feel that you want to, you could post a bio for us to read. (If you aren't sure how to cut an paste, I can do it for you, ok?) A Happy belated Birthday to you!! Once again, a big welcome to you.

Cristi - good luck to DS with his no smoking, too. He may be too tired to smoke during basic training. I know it's going to be hard to see him go, and I want you to know that if you need me, at any hour, you've got my phone number, ok? About rugs, my new kitchen ones are lighter than the old ones, and they really show the dirt a lot sooner. I sure don't like that, and may go back to the darker shade. Seems like I'm always having to wash them with the kids, grandkids, and dogs running around, lol.

Mindee - you're having another son! :cp: My sister has two boys - no girls - and the men in her family spoil her rotten. That's probably how it will be for you. Bet you probably already have lots of clothes for him, from Brandon, right?

--> I got a PM from Katiecat, and she said her sister died unexpectantly yesterday, so she will be gone while the arrangements and everything are taking place. I knew you ladies would want to know so our thoughts and prayers can be with our buddy.

I had the best time at lunch at Wendy's with Carol today, and she said the sweetest thing. She said she's always looked up to me, and wants to do lunch often so we don't lose track of each others' lives anymore. Aww, what a sweetie! She is the only daughter of my sister who passed away with cancer. I was gonna have the grilled chicken sandwich with a fruit cup, but got the small chili and hamburger instead. The difference is 4 points, total, and I had to make it up at snack time and dinner, but it was well worth it. :D

Katie and Kayla cleaned again today. They're still working off the $$$ I advanced them to go to Chicago, lol. I do love having housekeepers, dahlings!! :lol:

Talk to you tomorrow.

tommysgirl18
08-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Jane~ Yup, we have plenty of clothes left over from Brandon. Good thing I didn't get rid of them! I am sure that with me being the only girl in the family that is how it is going to be.

Katiecat~ I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers during this time.

odbeth
08-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Katiecat~~~my heart is breaking for you sweetie....you're in my prayers. We love you and are here for you.....Beth

suetalks
08-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Katiecat- My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during the days ahead. Your friends here are thinking of you.

Another hot day here, but cooler breezes are coming they say. Along with some rain, I hope.

I am back home after staying with Mom for a couple nights. We didn't do alot. I made her a pasta dinner Tues. and took her to get her hair done Wed. and to the farmer's market for tomatoes. I walked her little pom several times a day and did a load of laundry this morning. She is still in quite a lot of pain and I don't see how they will be able to start moving her arm on Mon. The bruising is finally going away which is good since it was very black. Poor thing. Oh, Marti- Mom hasn't had a cig. for 3 weeks, since the morning she went to the hospital. She is doing really well, and she smoked for over 60 years. :)

I keep hearing good things from you JL's who are doing WW. I keep thinking I will start it, but things get in the way. For now I need to get busy and get the point counter and whatever else I need. Someone asked if I was doing WW, and I am not. I have only been using portion control and trying to walk/exercise. As for how much I have lost..last year I lost the same 15 pounds several times. This time I have lost only 6, and it is slow, but I am plugging away. Please, tell me how you lost 20 pounds Anita, I forget your method although I know it wasn't WW.

Hope everyone is planning a wonderful week-end. I am going to try to get caught up on housework. I might send my ironing to Jane...hate to deprive her of all that fun!! Tomorrow will be grocery day and Sat. night is a party at our neighbor's house.

TGIF...( a little early )

Marti
08-05-2005, 07:37 AM
Hello Hello!!

First off...

Katie--I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I am sending you lots of hugs your way!! You'll be in my thoughts as will your family!

Sue--WW is a great program to lose weight. Although I have never tried it myself, only used the WW cookbooks, I've seen successes! I have family members who have lost. So if you start WW, I'm sure you'll succeed!! And just know that we're here for support.

Mindee--Hurray on having another boy!! Ok, curious, I thought the names were set, what changed his mind once he found out it was a boy?

Cristi--I decided not to do the patch. (for now anyway)I wanted to see how I do once I have no cigarettes available. And so far so good. In fact, I had a great day and I even sat w/a co-worker as he smoked....and I didn't even want one. So I must really be ready. I hope your son is too. TWO packs a day?! OMG!! I was a barely one pack a dayer. I can't imagine TWO! I hope he does quit. That way you can say my son and a friend of mine in Oregon are both quitters! :D

Jane--Jhanai doesn't know. I haven't told her. Because I want to make sure I'm through w/them before I tell her. She'll be so pleased. And James, he'll quit soon. He said it would be so much easier knowing that I won't have any cigarettes and who knows what else......he's so tired of it too. We'll see.

Beth--I've been gradually adding more water to my daily amount. Not like I've really paid attention to how much I've drank but I've have the last week or so. I've been getting in only about 60oz. It DOES help w/the swelling and bloating! And keeps me hydrated in this awful weather!

Angie, Susan, Ellen, Katy,...boy there are just so many that I'm not going to try and name you all... :dizzy: How are you all doing??? Come back and do a check in!

ok, as I mentioned already I did VERY well w/not smoking! Co-workers were proud which only made me feel even better about it. And I even went to the gym!! I got on the treadmill and walked at a fast pass (almost a jog) for about 20mins. would have gone longer but I was running out of break time.

Didn't fill my face w/lots of junk food or candy. Had a Banana and lots of water. So I have to say....I had a great first day.

Lets hope I can keep it up!

Alrighty, I better get to bed, my eyes are wondering around the back of my head as I type.

Nighty night!

jetall
08-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Thank you all for your kind welcomes. This appears like a friendly place to be. :)

The weather seems to be a bit cooler this morning which is a nice change. The heat and humidity we have been experiencing this summer are very 'draining'.

Other than my trip to Curves sometime today, there are no real plans. I'm sure I will find something to do.

Marti, congratulations for quitting smoking. :cp: My husband quit about 18 years ago . I was so happy when he did.

hugs,
Judy

FrouFrou
08-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Hello ladies :wave:

Katie~I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. (((((HUGS))))) :grouphug:

Marti~yeppers, DS smokes that sometimes, mostly when he is bored and has nothing to do. Sounds like you are doing a great job with not smoking so far. Glad you got a walk in and did good with the eating.

Jane~:thanks: I will remember that. I knew the day was coming when the kids would leave and I knew it would hit me hard when it did happen. But I know I have to let them live their lives. I just bought some new, darker rugs for the kitchen also. I still had the light yellow ones in there which was dumb-always dirty. I went with some darker ones also with green, red and blue in them with a rooster on them. I plan on getting a couple of rooster things to put up on the shelves, goes good with the green on the walls.

Mindee~well, I am glad you guys finally found out it's a boy. Although, I secretly was hoping for a girl-they have much cuter clothes! You guys still have plenty of time to come up with a name and I am sure you will come up with the perfect one for your baby boy.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

I am going to try and get that house cleaning done today that I didn't accomplish yesterday! DS#2-Josh is gone for the day, well actually both Jason & Josh are gone. Josh had a physical training today and some fun after-not sure if he will be back tonight or tomorrow. Jason-DS#1 was fired from his job, as was his girlfriend so they are off to Albuquerque (sp?) to visit her family. They gave both of them some kind of lame excuse but everyone thinks/knows it is because they are dating. :nono: Not supposed to date within the company and the big boss found out. Which seems crazy because how many people actually meet at their work place and date or marry? At V's job there are lots of married couples that work there and lots more that date. Anyway...I can get the house clean today while everyone is gone. Ran to Target and ordered a cake for Josh and bought a squigee to clean the windows outside-that way I don't have to get the big ladder out and try to kill myself. So guess I best get going.

Take care ladies and have a fantastic Friday!

Marti
08-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Afternoon!!

Judy--Thank you for the congrats. I do feel pretty good. This is my time to get things accomplished that I've been needing to do! And quitting smoking was on the top of my list!

Cristi--I can't believe that your son and his girl got fired! Take me and James...he was Assistant Supervisor when I started working at Foster Farms....and now, we are married. :D I think it's ridiculous to let people go for that reason. If they have a problem, just make then work in different departments! Could they take that to the labor board or something? Or is it stated in the work policy?

Got up after a few hours of sleep when I heard James come home! We chatted for a little while and then he looks at me and says "Come on, lets get you back in bed" And I slept for a few more hours. I was just SO tired!

Not much planned for today. Need to clean myself up and thats about it.

I will check in later.

FrouFrou
08-05-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm back again! :D

Was on the computer for a few minutes and thought I would check in and see if anyone had posted. May have an interview at Lowes next week. :crossed: I have been applying everywhere and the lady called today for me to go online and take the skills test. Not really my dream job but it is a job and will keep me busy and my mind off Josh being gone. So we'll see what happens. I would really like a job working between 8 a.m. & 3 p.m. so I can have my evenings and weekends off to do errands and such but maybe this is the start I need.

Marti~I know...that is ridiculous! I think it does state in their little rule book that they can't date but...they came up with other lame excuses for firing them and everyone knows it was/is because they are dating. They didn't even work at the same store. They started at the same store and he went to a different one, as did she. Not sure if there is anything they can do but if they want they could definitely try. Although, Jason said he needed a break. They had him working 60-100 hours a week and he was tired of it, he didn't have an assistant so was doing it all on his own. He's making plans to go to school full-time and finish his Bachelors Degree and work part-time which I would be happy to see. I just hope he sticks to that plan, we'll see. Hope today is going well for you with the you know what...:lol: Don't want to mention it, it may make you want one.

I better get going, not getting much done today. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. :lol: And V is working so...

Have a good one ladies! :wave:

tommysgirl18
08-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Marti~ We had a name picked out, but then when we left the u/s he said that he was unsure if it would fit. Then today I asked him if he had come up with any other names and he said "no, but I will have to look in the book." I am not sure what changed his mind. I don't even know if he knows what changed his mind.

Cristi~ I was sure that he was a girl since he had been so shy. But looking back now, I remember that Brandon was the same way at his ultrasound. I just look at it as this little boy will get to wear his older brother's clothes, even the ones that Brandon never wore!

Jane
08-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Sue - gee thanks for all the ironing, lol. I will admit I'm sure relieved when it's all done. Have a good time at the neighbor's party tonight.

Marti - YAY for a great first day. Maybe you SHOULD tell Jhanai.... that way there can be no turning back, or she'll protest loud and clear. Glad you're getting caught up on your sleep.

Judy - if you need something to do you can come help me line my cabinets with shelf paper. Or you could do Sue's ironing for her. Ya gotta be careful mentionng to the ladies around here that you are bored becuase we'll put you to work, lol.

Cristi - yikes, I didn't know companies still had the silly rules about no dating other employees. I can see why you're hoping Jason will go back and get that degree. Terry and Mary neither one finished college and they both have told Katie that it was the biggest mistake they ever made. Hey, I've got a long-handled squeegee (sp?) for my windows, and I sure love it. Like you, I'm not fond of ladders.

Mindee - have you thought about combining the grandpa's names? Or their middle names? Just a thought.

Angie, Ellen, Katy, Susan, and the others... come on in and chat with us!

Thought we were going to have to get a new vacuum, but as it turns out, only the plug is bad. YAY!! That saved $$$.

The chili I had at Wendy's got me craving more, so I think I'll make a potful today. It's supposed to rain, so soup would be a good choice anyway. I had round steak on the menu for tonight, but will have that one day next week instead.

Have a good day!

jetall
08-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Good morning,
Oh, I didn't say I was bored :lol: , I said I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I would be happy to help you line your shelves. Ironing, I'm not so sure about. I even do windows - occasionally.

I changed my routine a bit on Friday. Usually I go to Curves first thing in the morning (to get it over) but yesterday I didn't go until about 10:30. I had a good workout. I think it was because my body had time to 'wake up'.

Hubby went golfing with our son-in-law right after lunch so I had some time to myself. We BBQ'd hamburgers for supper. Somehow the dog got the buns so Hubby had to make a quick trip to the store to get more.

There is a ball tournament in town this weekend. Our daughter and her husband are on one of the mixed teams. We went to the park to watch their game at 8:15. They won. I have to check to see when they play today.

I hope you all have a great day.

hugs,
Judy

Katiecat
08-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Just a quick note...thanks for your kind words and thoughts, everyone. I'm still in Montana with my mom and other sister, but we are leaving early Sunday morning because Tim has to work Monday. I'll talk to you again soon.

FrouFrou
08-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Good morning ladies!

Katiecat~just know our thoughts and prayers are with you sweetie. :grouphug:

Judy~yay, for DD & SIL winning the game!! Hope they win today also.

Jane~I can't believe that companies have that rule either. But then sometimes it can get bad when people get together and then break up so in a major company I guess I could see it but in a little rinky dinky place like where they worked especially when they didn't work at the same store, that is just silly or seems silly to me.

Marti~ I have to agree with Jane in that maybe you should tell Jhanai so that she could help you when she is with you. Hope you had another good non-smoking day!

Mindee~Jane has a good idea about the grandfathers names. I wish I had used one for the boys for their mns, just more special. My mom did that with all 6 of us. Although, David, Joshs mn is a family name. DD did get a family name both first and middle. That's funny though that he changed his mind when he actually found out it is a boy. Maybe you guys can make a list of about 5 or 6 possibilities and then when you have him see what ya think then.

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

Not much on the agenda today. I was up bright and early this morning to get the yard good and soaked. Trying to just water every other day but when it hits those 3-digits it starts looking very thirsty! Not supposed to be too hot today, think about 89. :sunny: Anyway, have a couple of loads of laundry to get done and already made out some cards and ran to the PO. Okay, so I didn't actually run but drove. I should have walked since it is about a mile away, not far at all and the weather was nice. Oh well, maybe next time. Well, time to go move the sprinkler again. I am using the small one on the front which soaks it better but I have to move more often.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend! :wave:

Marti
08-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Hello Ladies--

I'm close to getting out of the house to go pick Jhanai up. We have a family BBQ tomorrow and I wanted her to be there too!

Cristi--I haven't told Jhanai yet because I had wanted to make sure I got through the first few days, and now that I have, and I'm picking her up, I will let her know. She'll be happy and proud of her momma! As for your son working up to 100hrs a week. Why do companies think thats ok?? It's like James...why do they think that working 2months or more w/no day off is ok??

Katie--Hugs to you!! :grouphug:

Judy--Sounds like your body just told you what time is best for a work out! :lol: I worked out during my lunch break at work and I got enough energy to last me through the night. So I'm thinking that will be a good time for me.

Jane--I sure wish it would rain some here. At least just cool down a bit! It's so uncomfortable and miserable that I just hate getting out there and getting things that need done. (out doors) And I worry so much about James working outdoors around all those hot metal cars! Just a worry wart I guess!

Mindee--Tommy must have been sure it was a girl otherwise he wouldn't change the name. You'll come up w/a good one. Babies are funny when it comes to trying to figure out what it is. I thought I was having another boy w/Jhanai. no difference. I don't think there really is much difference...but yet there is because each baby is different. (if that made any sense at all!)

Ok...I need to get moving. Time to go get Jhanai.

Chat w/ya next time!

odbeth
08-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Hey ladies---
Hope everyone has been having a good weekend so far.

Marti, I am so impressed with you for stopping smoking!!! You are amazing!---keep it up....we're behind ya rootin for ya!!! Thanks for your help with the siggy. I was going to mow after lunch and the lawnmover had 2 flats so I thought I'd come back in and try to start sprucing up my posts....

Christi, what happened to your arm, wrist and shoulder? Hope it's better. Sometimes just rubbing whatever hurts down with aspercreme really helps me. I just can't get over that about your son---sometimes things are just not right---I'm sorry. Something good will be around the corner.

Sue, hope your mom continues to get better. She's amazing too!! 60 years of smoking and to quit!!!! Tell her we think she's awesome!

I tell ya'll something weird has been going on with me lately. Last Sunday and Monday I was sick with upset stomach and an ear ache. So Tuesday, I was just kinda wiped out all day. Wednesday I rested--had to work late. Thursday, I felt fine and Dana came over. Friday, started out fine and then when I was at work I felt queasy, dizzy, and achy. I was going to go to OK today but was so wiped out I decided not to go. I felt okay all day and then again about 6:00 the queasy, dizzy stuff started. I hope I'm better tomorrow---I have to get back to school on Monday---I don't know what's the matter with me.

When ya'll were talking about rugs it reminded me of these rug things Dana and I saw....we were in this antique place and one woman did alot of painting on stuff. She had painted some of the cutest furniture...but she had also painted these floor cloth things---I don't know what you'd really call them--but she had taken old linoleum, flipped it over, painted the back with real bright colors, some had words, had sealed them with something to make them real shiny so that you could sweep or mop them. They were the cutest things. I'm going to try to make one to put on on my back porch, but they would be great anywhere. I don't know what kind of paint she had used because it was still real pliable.

Going to try taking some medicine and going to bed early tonight---Talk to everyone later.
Love to all---

suetalks
08-07-2005, 02:11 AM
Beautiful Sat. night to you all.
Well, I did the ironing today, couldn't wait for you to do it Jane. Then I made a dessert for tonight. Thought I was going to get a brief nap this afternoon, but that didn't happen. We did have a good time tonight and just got in.
I am so envious of all you JL's who are finding time to go to the gym, the Y or Curves. I have just been so lazy about any exercise except my walking. That needs to change.
Yep, Mom has done well to quit smoking. I remember how difficult that is to do. I have been smoke free for over 12 years. Keep up the good work Marti. Know you can do it!
Other than church tomorrow I have no plans. Maybe I will just be lazy. (like that will be anything new.)
We are trying to make plans to go to Vegas for 2 weeks to check on our place...but step-son is planning to come home for a week, so we need to co-ordinate our plans. Won't be long before we leave to go out for the winter. Boy, has this summer really zipped past.

Hope to pop in tomorrow and talk to ya'll. Have a super Sunday!

jetall
08-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Good morning,
It looks like another nice day. Hubby has gone to another ball game. It was too early for me (8:30 a.m.) Daughter's team won again Sat. afternoon but the game was much closer than Friday night. SIL got the winning run.

I was just e-mailing an old/new friend. A girl I met at camp about 40+ years ago has just re-surfaced. We had lost touch but she recently was able to re-establish a connection through e-mail. It is so much fun getting re-acquainted.

Food was good yesterday. I even resisted the Doritos Hubby brought home last night. I was having weird dreams. I know that sometimes food can cause weird dreams but what do you blame it on when you haven't had anything to eat for several hours before bed?

I must get ready for church. I hope you all have a nice day. :)

hugs,
Judy

da fat n da furious
08-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Good morning ladies

Welcome Judy,,,I too am Canadian,,,in the west though. We have three others Kathy is from Alberta too, and then Anita and Terri both in Ontario like yourself.

Katiecat, hugs to you and your family.

Marti! You go Girl! no turning back....

Jane, I can see why your niece would look up to you. I look up to you. I talk about you ,,,well I talk about all of the JL, I tell everyone how you have succeeded in loosing your weight and now your maintaining,,and doing fabulous!

Cristi, the job DS had was a joke. How could they think firing someone over dating another employee could work? And all the hours he put in? Just to put them in place he should take them to the labour board...(do you have a labour board?) I hope he does the schooling too. ITs obvious he has good work ethics if he put in all those hours.
Monte and I met at work,,,he was a cook, I was the prep cook. Infact we started dating around the time a few other people started dating...

Hello to everyone else! Susan where are you?

Not much happening around here,,,cleaned the house...laundry and more laundry. Almost had a melt down yesterday though,,,was folding the clothes when I realized some clothes were dirty....turns out one of THEM had thrown their dirty clothes in to my clean clothes basket. Since I was folding 3 loads together I didnt' know which was clean or dirty so I redid them....things were not so nice around here. I may have scared them straight for a few days...grrrr
Did go see a movie Friday MUST LOVE DOGS...loved it!
Well today we are working in the back yard.

have a good day ladies

Marti
08-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Hello Ladies!!

I'm leaving in about an hour to go to the family BBQ. I have to go search for the Badmitton set we have. I think it's too buried. (sp???)

Beth--So glad that you got your siggy all dressed up! :) and thank you for the support on the no smoking. Now, to make sure the weight doesn't come on and to keep active or at least away from food! :lol:

Sue--I have to admit that if I didn't have the support of some of my co-workers that I would have a harder time getting to the gym. Maybe finding someone to be a workout buddy would help you? 12 yrs smoke free?! Congratulations. I will be there someday too!

Judy--A NSV (non-scale-victory) on passing up the Doritos!! Good for you! How fun that you are getting reacquainted with an old friend!

Angie--How frustrating w/the laundry! I was doing laundry last night...and I need to throw in some into the dryer now. I don't think that I've heard of the movie "Must love dogs" whats it about?....dogs?

Ok, off I go to get ready and then to get Jhanai going too. Have a great Sunday!

tommysgirl18
08-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Jan~ Actually the name that we had picked out for a boy, was already a combination of the friendís first name and his ďadoptedĒ dadís first name.

Judy~ Welcome to the group!

Katie~ I am still keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers during this time.

Cristi~ He still hasnít picked up the baby name books yet. I have been keeping a running list of names that we have agreed on before, or ones that I have come up with and he liked. Now, I just have to go and get rid of all the girls names and start again.

odbeth
08-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Good Morning Ladies---

Thought I'd hollar in before heading out this morning. I can't believe it but it is so foggy here this morning...it reminds me of October. I wonder if we will have an early fall.... Hope everyone had a good weekend. I think I must have had the flu or something like it....a mild case that just left me feeling cruddy all last week. Had fever all Saturday and Sunday then started feeling up to par last night. Yea!!!! just in time to get back into school. lol.!.. I got a summons for jury duty next Monday--the 15th--which is the first day the kids are back in school. I'm going to call today and see if I can get out of that. I hate for my 4 and 5 year olds to come to school their first day and have a sub! I really never mind to much going in--feel like it's my duty and all--but I just don't think that would be good for me kiddos on the first day of school....DS#2--Tanner got the tires off the lawnmower for me yesterday so I'll try to go into Amarillo after school and see if I can get them fixed some where....my yard is getting out of control--Yikes!!

Hope ya'll have a great day and i'll pop in tonight...

jetall
08-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi All,
I missed checking in earlier but I'm here. :)

The fact that there are other Canadians on the list is one of the things that attracted me to come here. Nice to finally 'meet'.

Daughter's team came in second in their category of the tournament. The final game was a nail-biter. They lost by 1 run. I think by then that everyone was very tired and just glad it was over. Some of the women on the co-ed team were also on a women's team with some of their games back-to-back. How could they not be tired? It was a hot day besides.

Hubby had 2 hernias operated on back in June. Today is his first day back at work. He is a part-time driver for a handi-transit bus (wheelchairs, etc) in the city. I think he is glad to get back to his regular routine.

hugs,
Judy

Neets
08-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Hi ladies,

I hope everyone had a good weekend. We went to my BIL&SIL's on Saturday and went swimming in their pool. Joycelyn just loves swimming and stayed in the pool for 45 minutes with her aunt and her uncle.

We had a pretty rough trip there though. It seems that our little angel HATES travelling in the car and uses car rides to scream really loudly. So after a horrible ride there out sweetie was very upset. (not to mention her parents) Until she saw the pool and then her face lit right up and she wanted to go in while still wearing her clothes.

Anyway, I had a great time, and even managed to stay on program. I had to bring my own food mind you but I did, and as a result I was rewarded with a 2 pound weight loss. YAY!

This weekend will be really hard though, We have our annual Mexican day up at the trailer and the food will be abundant, and fattening, and totally NOT on my program. So I am wondering if anyone has any low carb/fat recipes for Mexican food. I am still going to stay on program, I really want the weight off and the only way is to stick to it.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Anita

Jane
08-08-2005, 02:38 PM
It's Monday again!

Cristi - it's been so dry here, and it's hard to water everything that needs it. We need rain so bad, and it's gone all around us, with not a drop here. A walk to the PO sounds just right for you, when the temps aren't too dangerous.

Marti - did you have fun at the BBQ? And how did Jhanai take the news of your not smoking? Bet she was ecstatic!

Sue - well, gee whiz, I just got the iron all heated up and then you tell me you did it yourself, lol. I've been going to the Y 3 days a week. It's usually a pain to work it in, but when I actually get there, I'm so glad I did. It hasn't even been a month yet, and I can tell such a difference in my energy level. Soon I should be able to see results with the tape measure, too.

Judy - our fellow JL Ellen lives in Ontario, too. It's cool that you found a long lost friend. I found one through Bigfoot, when it was still free, and called her out of the blue. She was glad and truly amazed to hear from me. We're planning to get together one of these days.

Angie - aww, thanks so much for the kind words!!!!!!! I wondered if Must Love Dogs would be worth going to the movies. Diane Lane just seems so much older than John Cusak. I just can't see them together, so thanks for the critique of it. OMG, I bet you about killed the one who mixed the clean and dirty clothes, lol. Katie has been known to put dirty dishes in the d/w and that's bad enough!

Mindee - oic about the name.

Beth - glad you're feeling better. I can't imagine missing the first couple days of school, either, since you're the teacher. My DH is a college professor, and even he doesn't like to miss. Your little ones will expect to see you, but good luck telling that to the powers that be.

Anita - YAY for the loss!! :cp: You're doing great. Anytime you're surrounded by food that isn't the healthiest, just remember, portion control. You can fill most of your plate with harmless foods, and take a small amount of the other stuff.

We had a great weekend. Had lots of fun with the grandkids. Also, I sewed my dust ruffle to my comforter, so it's all one piece, and I don't have to worry about the blanket hanging down too far this winter. Watched a couple of old movies, and just basically goofed off. This is Neal's last week for teaching summer school, and we're not sure what we're going to do next week. Think we're gonna build a closet, lol.

See you later!!

Marti
08-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Hello girls!

Ok, let me get this off my chest before I start. I am admitting a small failure. I had a cigarette w/my brother yesterday. :nono: But believe me, it wasn't fullfilling and I sat there asking why I was smoking it. Also, I didn't even have a craving for it, I just took one. Now how bad is that??? At least I didn't smoke the whole thing.

Anyway, not going to happen again. I know I'm not perfect but darn it!

Jane--Jhanai wasn't w/me by the time I smoked that cigarette. But when she found out she was happy. She was reading these post w/me thats how she found out. I told her that I'm trying my best to get rid of them and I will do what I can to make sure I'm smoke free for the rest of my life but it takes time. She just smiled.

Anita--Congrats on 2 more pounds!! Now, are you taking progress pictures for yourself so you can see how fare you've come? As for the Mexican food, I don't know of any personally but I'm sure if you looked some up online you'd find one. Maybe I'll check out my WW books.

Judy--I'm sure your DH is thrilled to be back to work. Poor guy going through two hernias! I've heard they were very painful. Glad he's doing much better.

Beth--I forget that school starts for a lot of kids in August. Here it starts after Labor day. I hope you are able to get out of Jury Duty. And our weather, it has cooled a tad around here. I'm hoping for a early fall since I'm really tired of the summer!!

The BBQ yesterday was so much fun. To see all the little ones and see our faces in them was something else! My brother had brought over our neice & nephew (their dad/my other brother wasn't able to come) and when we were taking pictures it was like "Wow, theres a little Adam, and theres a little Sarah". Have you all experienced that w/your family? We want to get all our neices & nephews together and get some family photos before they're too old and don't want to cooperate w/us! :lol:

I didn't eat much at all, pretty much kept a baby in my arms. It was a great day EXCEPT for the mishap later on at home w/the cig. :lol:

Ok, I'm off to get some breakfast.

I'll check in later.

odbeth
08-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Hello, Hello, Hello girls---

Marti, I admire you for 'fessin' up---you're being accountable to yourself and it sounds like it was more of just a habit to take one when someone else was smoking....maybe your brother will see your determination and decide to quit too? I would think it would be difficult when some in your family still smoke....kinda like my mother always trying to send food home for my kids cause she thinks they're deprived while I'm trying to lose weight and then who ends up eating it??? grrrrr ....me of course. We've had a talk this time though---I told her I just love her to death and I know that she thinks she's comforting my kids but that I would throw it away from now on.....my kids heard me say it too....I don't think they're going to starve.

School was good today---just teachers-- but we had a work shop on some internet sites for our kids to look up all kinds of stuff and little lessons we could do with it. It's just kinda hard getting back into the groove. So far I'll have 8 Pre-K and 11 Kinders so we will be BUSY!!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: I did call about jury duty and they were very understanding and told me they would defer my summons which means they'll just add my name on a different date which will be okay. Stayed OP today---drank lots of water and ate lots of fruit. Started walking at school with my sister---she teaches 5th grade at the same elementary I'm at.

Anita--2 pounds!!! You go girl!!! Someone gave me this for chips and they're pretty good when you're wanting crunchy. Get parmesan cheese and spread evenly but not very thick in a teflon pan. Heat it until it melts and is very light brown. Flip it out and let it cool and break it into chip size---They're pretty good with salsa.

Hello to everyone else and hope things are going your way!
Love to all---

da fat n da furious
08-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Hello all,

Anita, Brandon used to hate the car rides,,,and scream till he was almost purple. Hes ok now...but again hes almost 18.
YAY! 2 more pounds gone!

Marti,,,two steps forward,,,one step back,,,hey your still ahead! keep going

Jane,,,your going to make a closet? OMG how could I have forgotten our Ellen? Sorry Ellen....hugs

Beth, thats nice of the jury people to let you move your time to another date. Sounds like you are going to be having fun this school year...are they full time? half days or 2 days aweek?

Judy,,,ouch! My youngest son had a hernia on new years eve 2000. We spent our night in the hospital and brought the new year in quietly...

Well I woke to a cold and rainy day,,,no complaints here. Had a few emails about Evita, the next play Im working on. The meeting is on the 27th, we are leaving for holidays then. They may change the time so I can be there. Then Im back intime for the auditions. How many times will I have to hear Don't Cry for Me Argintina?
Well I should get going....

Tea Rose
08-09-2005, 01:02 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/tearose1/lilacs.gifHello Girls
I just have a minute to squeeze in a quick hello, its hard getting on the computer lately. I can hardly wait to have my own hooked up ,upstairs.Its still really hot here, not really get anything done. I'm sorry I don't have time to catch up with everyones news tonight , but I will try soon, I promise. Things should settle down in the fall,I hope, but for now not its so calm here. I hope everyone is doing well and is enjoying their summers.I just wanted to send Hugs to all, and can hardly wait to get back on a regular basis, I sure miss you all so much,and I have to get aquainted with the new ladies. I'm sorry I missed your Birthday Beth, Happy Belated Birthdayhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/tearose1/cakelg.gif I will come back as soon as I can. :wave:

Marti
08-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Thank you ladies for being so kind.

Beth--I believe you're right. I was just talking away w/my brother and I just grabbed one. He smoked menthols and they are nasty. And of coarse, I couldn't just let it slide w/out fessin' up. I have to be honest w/all you girls!

Angie--How long will your vacation be? You're going to have so much fun. Are you going to be ok walking on your foot? How 'bout Brandon and his foot? What is w/your family and your feet??? ;) I am SO looking forward to when James can take a vacation. He needs one so much. He's worn out! Poor guy. Plus, I miss him terribly when he's away!

Ellen--I just love your pretty post. I still haven't figured out how to get the clipart! Someday maybe. We miss you and we look forward to your post when you have more time.

Hello to the rest of our JL's.

I have to say, I'm so tired! Mondays back to work are just hard anyway. I get up so early compared to the rest of the week. I am looking forward to the weekend already. Have plans to stay busy. My brothers son will be flying in next weekend w/his mom to visit. My DB would like for him to move here and stay w/him. I think it would be best. We'll see. My nephew is only 7.

Well I've jabbered on long enough and I'm getting sleepy so I better get going.

I'll catch up in the morning. (my morning!)

Katiecat
08-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Good morning, ladies...

Well, I'm back home, and have to go to work today. Not sure if I'm ready to, but I have to. I'm glad my company offers bereavement leave and I was able to go be with my family, but three days? "Oh, you lost a loved one? OK, you should be able to take care of things, wrap it up, and get over it in three days, right?" But I guess that's pretty standand. Tim says he thinks I really didn't get any closure...Linda was very specific that she didn't want a service, just wanted to be cremated, and her husband respected her wishes. I understand his decision, but it left us all...just...hanging. My other sister and I went to our Mom's in Montana since she isn't able to travel right now. We talked, and looked at family slides (some families did home movies, our dad did slides), pictures of Linda's graduation, and her wedding. I borrowed a handful of slides from Mom and I'm having prints made to make a scrapbook for Mom, and my other sister, and my niece.

Tim and I pretty much stayed OP, except a few times -- like when we were stuck in Vegas because we had missed our flight due to weather, and there was nothing open for dinner, and we hadn't eaten since like 10 am...the next morning as soon as we got into Salt Lake, we ate at the first place that was open, and I know the breakfast we had was probably 15 points. Ah well, we just dusted ourselves back off and started over. We missed our first WI, was supposed to be Saturday, so this Saturday it will be 2 weeks on WW, crossing my fingers...hope that ticker will be moving...

Marti, hang in there...we know you can do it. Doing things out of habit is hard to break, and I'm glad to hear that you weren't craving nicotine when that happened. But, I know you can do it!!! :cheer:

OK, ladies, wish I had more time for individuals, but I have to shower, make my lunch and get out the door. Thanks for all your kind words, and I'll talk to you all soon.

jetall
08-09-2005, 03:06 PM
It was a lazy morning for me. I woke up feeling nauseous. I felt no better after breakfast so I laid on the bed and fell asleep. (I had only been up about an hour and had done nothing yet to make me tired.) Still not A-1 but I guess this is as good as it gets for today. :(

It is still hot and humid. This month the hydro bill is $120 more than last month. Air conditioning is expensive but I can't imagine life without it. This kind of weather makes it easier to drink lots of water. (I looked for a 'drinking water' smiley but didn't find one. Is there one there?)

hugs,
Judy

Jane
08-10-2005, 01:37 AM
Hi ladies,

Marti - glad you're determined to not smoke any more. I especially like what Angie said, with 2 steps forward, and 1 back, you're still ahead!

Angie - I never did see the Madonna version of Evita. Did you, and was it any good? She is not one of my faves at all, but I just wondered what kind of a job she did with that. Your vacation will be here before you know it. Send me a post card, ok?

Karla, this is the place - just jump in and say hi, ok?

Yep, we're building a closet the length of the extra room. It will be for Neal since he has a little dinky one and I have a huge walk-in, lol. He has some time off before classes start again, so that's why we're starting it this weekend.

Better get on off to bed... gotta get up early and walk Kathy's dog, then walk at the Y.

Toodles! :cool:

shortiemetoo
08-10-2005, 02:10 AM
Hello everyone!! Jane thank you so much for inviting me!!! I really enjoyed reading through all the bio's and now this thread also!!! What an awesome group of women you are!!!

I know I wont remember everyone but:
Marti, way to go on stopping smoking!!! Even though you did have one cigarette it is so much better than 1 pack or 1 carton! You are doing great!!

jetall: I hope you stop feeling better...there isn't too much worse than feeling bad when it is hot! Ick...it is nice and comforting to get under the covers and snuggle up when it is cold, but not during the heat (((((hugs))))) and I hope you feel better by the time you read this!

Katie I am sorry for your loss ((((((Hugs)))))) and I think after the stress and long plane trip etc., you did very well by only eating 15 points worth of breakfast!!! You did great!!!

Hi tearose: Nice to meet you!

Hi da fat n da furious: I had to laugh when I read your name...so cute!!! I'm impressed!!! I envy you for waking up to a nice rainy day...it was 100 here today...ick!

Hi odbeth: Wow a teacher!!! How fun!! I hope you enjoy the time before the kidlets get back to school!! I taught pre-school and kindergarten for 7 glorious years!!! I love that everything is still magical, but there is that independence peeking out!!! Such a cool age!

Wow Jane: Build a closet...that is so neat! I wish I had space to do that as I have a lot of "stuff" I could put in it...lol

I hope you all have a wonderful night!! I am on south beach, and started counting calories at 190 in mid June for 2 weeks, lost 10 lbs of water weight and then started South beach...my total weight loss so far is 20.8 lbs. I went to Disneyland a few weeks ago for 6 days and only gained 1 pound so that was a victory to me!!! I lost that and 1 additional pound the next week!
Thank you for the warm welcome Jane!!!

Marti
08-10-2005, 07:28 AM
Hmmmm.....I could have sworn that I got on here earlier and posted before work. But I guess I didn't.

Long day at work. I don't know why it seemed so long, but it did. I was tired driving home! I hate driving while I"m so tired.

Katie--James' family did slides too. In fact, we have boxes of them in our shed. What a wonderful thing to do by making a scrapbook! I would like to do some pages of my grandma. Someday.....

Judy--Hope the nausea is gone. Could it have been from the heat? This weather we've been having is brutal in some places in the States.

Jane--Well aren't you just spoiled?! :) All that closet space and Neil has to go and make himself one! :lol: I would love to have clothes to fill a walk in closet!! That would be great. All in size 6's that I fit into. Hmmmm....wonder if that'll ever come true?

Karla--Welcome to the JL's!! I've seen that you've been at 3fc for a little while, how did you come to find us? I'm glad you did and I'm looking forward to getting to know you more!

Hello to all the other Ladies! Cristi, Susan, Angie, Katy,......now, why do I try to remember all the names?? You all know who I'm calling for, :D Hello and come back soon!

Well, James just called and is on his way home. Such great timing! It seems that I haven't seen him in ages, so going to bed at the same time will be great!

Off I go to wait for my honey!

Chat w/ya in the afternoon!

jetall
08-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi all and welcome 'Shortie',
I am still trying to remember who is who. :)
I'm feeling some better today. Thank you for your kind thoughts. At least when you aren't feeling great, you tend to forget about overeating.

It is looking like it might rain this afternoon. We NEED rain. Daughter's dog is here. She will tell me if a storm is trying to 'sneak' up. Dusty is terrified of storms. She will get as close to me as she can (or try to hide under the computer desk). If it is bad enough, she will actually quiver. We aren't sure why she is so afraid. I don't think she was ever out in a bad storm. I guess dogs are like people - some are more afraid than others.

hugs,
Judy

FrouFrou
08-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Hi All!

Welcome Karla!

Just a quickie for me for now. Not a good day but thought I would check in and at least say Hi.

Hope all is well with everyone in your little corner of the world. Take care and have a good day.

I'll try and get on tomorrow and post if I am feeling a little better, just a little down today with Josh leaving this morning. :cry: :cry:

Marti
08-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Cristi--I'm sending a HUGE hug your way!!! :grouphug: Also give Josh a big hug from his "aunties"!!

Judy--Dogs are like people, or people are like dogs! :D There is this tiny woman at work that I always compare to a chihuahua! She's about 4'5" and she's constantly buzzing around then after a little while, she's very mellow. Just like my dogs! :lol: (she's very sweet)

Another day! Need to wash my car.

Did everyone know that there will be the meteor showers going on tomorrow night or the next? Keep your eyes open in the wee hours of the night and you'll see all kinds of falling stars! I've seen quite a bit already last night on my way home.

Ok...need to get off of here.

Jane
08-10-2005, 08:15 PM
I just lost my whole post! So here's a condensed version:

Marti - how's the no smoking going? And yes I am spoiled. But we already knew that, right? :D Hope you and James had fun today.

Cristi - :grouphug: You have my number if you need me, ok? How long is basic training and where is it? I bet he'll get more cards from his mom than any other recruit in history. Katie asked me today how much an efficency apartment is. Considering she doesn't have a job other than babysitting, I don't think she's leaving quite yet. Once she does eventually move, Neal and I are going to run around naked all the time. Just threw that in there to see if anyone catches it.

Karla - why not change your ticker to include all the pounds you've lost from your highest (non-preggers) weight? That's what Marti and I did. I had lost 10 pounds and kept it off not long before I joined WW, so I count those pounds, too.

Judy - you'll get to know everybody sooner or later. :)

Here's what happened to me today - while walking Gaby (Kathy's dog) she saw another dog, pulled me sideways, and now MY knee is hurt! Had to come home and alternate ice and the heating pad. Hated to do it, but told Kathy I wasn't going to walk Gaby anymore since this isn't the first time she's pulled me like that. (Gaby is part golden retriever, part lab, just for the record) Kathy says she understands, but I feel like I'm letting her down, because her dog is her baby, you know? Since another friend walks Gaby 3 days a week, do you think it's bad that I quit? What's a Jaded Lady to do??

Hope you all have a good evening. See you later,

tommysgirl18
08-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Karla~ Welcome to the group!

Just popping in to see how everyone is doing. Gotta run.....Brandon needs his bath. (Man, I can't wait until we get our own place so that I can get on daily and check in!!!!)

shortiemetoo
08-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Hi all you wonderful Jaded Ladies!!!

Marti: I read Janes story of her weight loss and p.m.'d her! She invited me to come and join in with all of you and since you all are so positive and inspirational I say "Hoorah!!"

Jane: I caught it...and just make sure the blinds are closed first...lolololol
I don't think it is all bad for not wanting to walk a dog that pulls so hard it hurts you...not good at all!!! My daughter has 2 dogs and I have Sammie and I tried walking all three of them twice...no more...2 I can handle..but it this case three really is a crowd!!!

Cristi: My daughter is really pregnant...due anytime between 2 and 4 weeks!
She and her two dogs and her hubby are moving in with me because he is in the army national guard reserves and will be leaving in Oct for 5 months for basic and his training after that. With a new baby we thought it would be best for her to be with me!! (I must admit I am so stoked about having my grandson with me for a few months :D ). I'm sorry that I missed it, but what branch of the service is your son in? Will he get a break after boot camp to come and see you?? I sure hope so!!!

tommysgirl: Brandon is so adorable!! I bet you are so proud of him!!!

Hi jetall: My daughter has a jack russell terrier who thinks he is invincible..and a small chihuahua who KNOWS he is invincible...both males.. until there is fireworks or thunder...lol then they are little babies needing to be held...lol Too funny!!!

Have a wonderful evening Jaded Ladies...I will be back later to see how everyone is!!!
Jane, thanks again for directing me to such an awesome support group and everyone thank you so much for the warm welcomes!!!
Karla/shortiemetoo

shortiemetoo
08-11-2005, 02:34 AM
Well decided to take your advice and take credit for the weight I have lost this go around...I started at 190, did low cal for two weeks and then switched to south beach...so this reflects my total loss to date for this go round!!! Thanks for the encouragement ladies!!!
Hope you are all having a wonderful evening!!!! :D

Tea Rose
08-11-2005, 07:02 AM
:) Good Morning I think ? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/tearose1/CoffeeBear-LMG1.gif
Another night I couldn't sleep, so I wandered down here to the basement, since my son didn't come home to pop in and say Hello before he does, so Hello.Welcome to the new Ladies, I will have to catch up on their bio's as well as everyones news. Cristi BIGGEST HUGShttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/tearose1/Morehead_Kitten_with_Rose_sb.jpg I hope your feeling better soon, I can only imagine how you must be feeling, My son is moving in a couple of weeks, and I will be all alone.I'm kinda wondering what the point of my existance is , yep I am in the dumps emotionally. Well I have my kitties to keep me company I guess.And I suppose like Jane and Neal I could run around naked :lol: Jane you little :devil: but I suppose its more fun if you have someone to run around naked with. You always make me laugh. Marti good luck with your challenge, I know its tough, :crazy: but its worth it. Katie I am so sorry for your loss
BIG HUGS I am so sorry but I will have to try and come back later, I haven't been to sleep yet and I can hardly focus any more, I hope everyone is doing well , and has a wonderful day.:wave:

Marti
08-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Don't post here! Go to Angie's chitchat #140 :D