Exercise! - Question on exercise routine

View Full Version : Question on exercise routine

CookieMonster416
08-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Hey guys! My name is Jenna and I have a question on my exercise routine for which I would greatly appreciate some advice on.

I either run or use the eliptical for an hour every day. My goal this year is to add some weight training. I also hear that people really like aerobics classes. I have tried these classes but do not feel that they are as intense as my normal eliptical and running work outs. Should I just stick with my routine, switch to aerobics every few days, or on the days I do aerobics just do my routine AND the class. In the past I have tried to stay away from working out more than once a day so I don't injust myself or get burnt out...

HELP!?!?

AmberM
08-03-2005, 01:16 PM
HI,

I'm by no means an expert but I think you may want to check out the aerobics classes. They may not be as intense but they use different muscle groups than the elliptical and running do. If your body uses the same muscles all the time then it gets used to it and you don't burn as much. If you add new things, like aerobics then new muscles groups will be used. If you think it will burn you out then I wouldn't do both. I usually do both an exercise tape in the morning (when I want a little extra exercise) and my normal bike/treadmill routine at night. It's up to you. Anyway, just my opinion.
Good luck!
Amber