Old 08-03-2005, 10:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Default New person here - Hello!

Hi there -

I've done Atkins in the past, but never gotten down to my goal weight. I was pretty good at sabatoging things when I had less than 15 pounds to go until goal.

I re-started Atkins on 7/13/05 at 173.5#

Today, 08/03/05 (3 weeks later) I have lost 10.5# and am at 163.

I am 5'6 1/2" and my goal is 135.

My problems with Atkins in the past were missing my crunchy carb snacks and missing my milk. I LOVE milk.

So - I'm following a modified Atkins plan to work around that.

Every AM, for breakfast I have 1/2 c All-bran and 1/2 c whole milk. That pretty much takes care of the cravings I got before that would cause me to stray from the diet and I think it has worked fairly well for me.

Other than that - I follow Atkins.

I'm using FitDay to figure my daily amounts and I'm usually at 50-60 carb grams before subtracting 25-30 fiber grams, so I'm staying in the 25-30 net carb range.

I've also begun working out at the Y 3 times a week. Mostly elliptical trainer & bike stuff, but I'm going to start some upper body stuff this week.

Ok - that's about all I can think of to tell you. I don't have any specific questions right now - just thought I'd introduce myself.

Oh - I'm 42 and I'm from Ohio.

Morgaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:42 AM   #2  
Movin' and Losin'

Morgaine: Welcome! It sounds like you have a great plan in place. Good job on finding something that will work for you. Also, it's great that you're getting exercise. It's amazing how much exercising can help with weight loss. And, seeing muscles instead of fat is a great thing! I look forward to getting to know you.

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:49 PM   #3  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Red face

I'm also new here and on Atkins for about a year and a half and loving it! I run a small forum on Delphi specifically for people on Atkins because I love it so much!
FatVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:18 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Morgaine: I know of a few people that have modified LC to fit their lifestyles and I think that's great!!! Welcome and if you need support come join us here on the daily (well, we're calling it weekly now) chat!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:19 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote