WW Clubs and Groups - Tuesday Talk

View Full Version : Tuesday Talk

MaggieShines
08-02-2005, 07:58 AM
Hi, all... well, I actually managed to stay OP yesterday and not feel *****y about it! What challenges I have coming up. I'm a birthday freak, so Da Man's birthday celebration isn't allowed to stop with that big dinner Saturday night. It's his 40th, after all. But today I'm making lunch for him and the other mechanics at his work -- spare ribs, spinach pie, mashed sweets, corn bread, corn on the cob, fresh beets and butter cake. Aaaarrrggghhh! Tonight, his kids are making him dinner -- stuffed peppers, then white chocolate cheerry bliss cake. Then on Sunday, we're having a party here, with tons of food, of course. How ever will I survive this week? Oh well, it'll be good challenge, and as long as I don't eat blindly and thoughtlessly it'll be a victory.

HH -- don't feel bad about the row with your husband. You have every right to feel hurt that he's not helping you. He should be. And whether you get or own place or wind up moving back home, you're going to come through this stronger and happier and amazed at what you can accomplish! You poor thing, the anxiety in waiting for that phone call, and that decision. You are going through so much. But you're right...we all want to hear about each other's ups and downs and everyday stuff. So keep writing, and please keep us up to date.

Diva-- OMG, I would die stuck in an elevator that long. I am soooo claustrophobic I can't even drive through a tunnel without turning white and hyperventilating. I cannot stand elevators. Today will be better.

Amanada.... ^5 on getting through The Faerie Queene and for taking some time for yourself.

Everyone... have a wonderful day! And thank you ALL, again, for your support and for dragging my sulky butt back to reality and the light of day.

MaggieShines
08-02-2005, 08:38 AM
OMG, wake up, sistas! I'm up to my elbows -- almost literally -- in melted chocolate. Making chocolate-covered strawberries and apricots for lunch. Hurry and save me before I eat myself!

MaggieShines
08-02-2005, 08:38 AM
Of course, if I could do THAT, I would never leave the house. :devil:

MaggieShines
08-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Oh, geesh, THAT was wrong. :o Sorry.

MaggieShines
08-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Helllllooooo.... is this thing on? <<Tapping on microphone...>>> Anyone out there? Anyone? Oh no, are you people on your way over to my house with fire? I'm baaaaack, I swear it. But come over anyway; we'll have tea and ff cakes.

MaggieShines
08-02-2005, 09:01 AM
OK, I've just cut a whole bunch of onions and I'm cwyin' my wittle eyes out.

Kitty53
08-02-2005, 09:20 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

iowasteph2
08-02-2005, 09:20 AM
Hurry and save me before I eat myself!

LOL!!! OMG Maggie, you're cracking me up and that takes a lot this early!!!!

hippohips
08-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Glad to see you up and active, Maggie. Am off to work, hope my sistas have a good day. And stay away from the chocolate! If you have to try a chocolate-coated onion to blemish the taste of chocolate for yourself, do it! I have not packed my torch yet. . .

AmyMCGS
08-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Maggie-- you are too funny! :D

I'm here..... already been to DD's doctor's appointment and then breakfast at McDonald's :o (don't even ask what I ate-- definitely will need some flex points today!). Now I'm off to get the grocery list together and get to the store so we have some fresh food in this house. Talk to you all later!

iowasteph2
08-02-2005, 10:23 AM
I have a little time now to post. HH, I hoping for the best for you! This has certainly be a struggle, but hopefully the struggle is almost drawing to a close. I so wish that you get a good phone call today!

Amy, I just noticed that you met your vacation goal. Good for you!! I'm sorry that I didn't notice sooner!

Maggie, I'm so glad you posted all of your funny stuff this morning.. I needed a little pick-me-up!

I didn't go to WW last night. (Remember, I was going to stop going.) I didn't say anything to DH about quitting, because I know that he would want me to continue since I enjoy it. He knew something was wrong though--he kept asking and then I told him. He said, "It's only $11!!! Go!!" So, maybe I'll go on Thursday afterall!

In case I don't go back to WW, I chose Tuesday mornings as my WI. Guess what, the scale said 166 this morning!!! Whohoo!! That's a 2.8 pound loss. It must be because I've been feeling so sorry for myself for so long that God was pitying me!!

iowasteph2
08-02-2005, 10:47 AM
I forgot to mention that it doesn't look like we're going to join a gym for a while. :( They have a $150 joining fee! I wanted to cry!

Kitty53
08-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Steph,

Do you have a YMCA? I don't believe they usually require a large down payment. My employer pays for half of my YMCA fee. It's a good benefit.

Calpurrnia
08-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Just got back from the gym and need to shower before my sister comes over--but just wanted to say Maggie--OH MAN...you crack me up!! Lmao! I love how you were having a conversation with yourself for the better part of an hour. That's hilarious. ;) Well, I think we're most all awake at this point. You can stop talking to yourself now. Hehe. ;) :D

HH: good luck today! I'm praying for you, girl! *big hug*

ACK...losing track of time. Sweaty like nobody's business (personal trainer says it's because my metabolism is changing--woo hoo!). Blech. Gotta shower.

Have a great Tuesday ladies! Today is a day full of Gower's Confessio Amantis for me. :D
~Amanda

MistySeptember
08-02-2005, 12:30 PM
OMG Maggie that is sooo what I needed this morning OH well guess it's afternoon. Either way you crack me up!!!!

I only have a minute I'll have to read and catch up with everyone later.

HH-I am relaly praying for you girl!!

I avoided the funnel cake last night settled for a burger (9 pts.) and fries (10 pts.) so I still have like 10 flex left.

I am still painting. This horrible horrible depressing tan will not just burry itself beneath my sunny yellow. GRRRR! I think I am gonna try to get a third coat on before I ahve to clean up fo rmy meeting have a greta day all. I'll try to get some time away this evening to read and tell you how my weigh in went :)
byes

MaggieShines
08-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Whew... the lunch is over. Spent my early afternoon hanging around the garage pal-ing around with the guys. What fun. What a sexy bunch. Now I'm at work. Ugh.

The think the day is a bust points wise. I was sampling all morning, so I have no idea how many points I actually used. I hate that; I'd rather know, even if i went over.

But I'll try to take it easy the rest of the day.

I weighed myself at home this morning and, believe it or not, it said 250.5. I don't believe it for a minute -- must have been from sweating all morning in a hot kitchen. I don't count anything as official until I see it on the WW scale. But it was nice to see that 250, even if just briefly! Reminded me that it's close by.

Oh, yeah, and I'm SOOOOO glad everyone got such a chuckle out of my temporary insanity this morning! :) Actually, I really am!

izzysgirl
08-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Maggie! If you make me pee my pants one more time I'm seriously going to get a torch! :rofl: You crack me up, girlfriend. Also, I like what you say here:

as long as I don't eat blindly and thoughtlessly it'll be a victory.

I assure you, you are already victorious, and I am proud of all you've come through already- that goes for everyone. I have faith the size of the universe that you and I and all our sistas are heading for sure victory. This time, I don't mind being a loser!!!

HH, I am thinking of you and empathizing. :goodvibes I remember all too well the rollercoaster of emotions, and I know it is hard, all of it- your situation is your own, and even if you don't feel as though you're in control you are. And you'll make it through (do you hate it when people say that? I do, sorry!) and we'll be here the whole way with you. Hugs, higs, pigs, and pugs.

Now I've forgotten- who made vacation goal? Amy? Well, congrats big time!!
WOOHOO!

Misty, my oh my, I'll envy your bright and sunny yellow, but I wish I could be there to help! What a nightmare- Lisa and I painted the entire first floor of our house once and had to do two coats because I bought crappy paint... It looks nice, though- the walls in the living-dining-library (which is just an open space near the front entry that is inhabited only by many overflowing bookshelves) has alternating walls of light blue and green, and though it might SOUND hideous, it makes one feel as though they are sitting inside of a robin's egg- very peaceful. I guess it was worth it, and I'm sure your project will be as well.

Steph- I'm glad you're thinking about keeping to the meetings afterall. I never really cared for them, so I don't miss them, but if it is time that you enjoy, it is important. I love your attitude, too- I think my big loss last WI was from complaining and whining about my previous week's standstill. That must burn calories, no?

Cal, you go girl. I love Faerie Queen and haven't read it since I was an undergrad- now I want to read it again, but do you want to take bets on how long it will be before I read something purely for pleasure?? I can't even get to the newspaper most days!!!

Ok.... This post is horribly long. And no dancing bananas. I hope you're not disappointed with me. I have more to say about my own day, so I'm going to post again! I'm shooting for taking up a whole page to myself! Stay tuned!!!

BTW, who posted while I was on vacation "Who oiled the armadillo?" That made me laugh hard enough to pee my pants as well... Was it YOU, Maggie? :chin:

luflic
08-02-2005, 03:11 PM
Hey Sistas,
I broke my own rule this morning and did my hair with my glasses on and looking into a mirror. I looked really looked at my arms and I said out loud girl where were you when you did this to yourself.... Anyone else have this experience when you really can't believe the way you look. Was I just totally delusional? Well my eyes have been opened. This has got to go away!

izzysgirl
08-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Ok, here's today:

I still haven't eaten and I know that is bad bad bad so I promise to eat as soon as I am done here. What have I been doing besides eating, you ask?

Well, the person that showed up to the door when I was about to cook was a guy- ahem, a man - named Pete who once came to the house and fixed my computer for me. He has a little business of his own. Anyway, we hit it off very well that day, and I've always kicked myself for not just jumping the gun (which I do so often) and asking him out. I mean, c'mon- the guy recognised my big picture of Kurt Vonnegut by my computer and said "There's my man Kurt!" and later, while he was waiting for some process to run on the computer and I was busy attending to a friend who had stopped by he pulled out a copy of Kerouac's On the Road!

Anyway, needless to say i was ecstatic to see him show up unannounced. He did not, however, ask me out, and once again I'm irritated that I didn't do it. Guys like that, don't they? When girls ask them out? I wouldn't know- I'm 31 and divorced and haven't been around dating for TOO LONG... Anyway, he wanted to know if the apartment next door was still available and sadly it is not. But we talked for about 15 minutes and I played with his two dogs- I said "Where've you been? I haven't seen you down at the pit" (You know, the little lake I swim at) and he said he's been there often and hadn't seen me either- nice to know he was looking for me, eh?

Anyway, I won't give you all the details of our conversation, but in the course of it he did make it clear that he was not seeing anyone, and at one point he even said, "I mean, I'd like to get married someday, so I suppose I will need to be dating, I think that is how it works." (In reference to the fact that his current roommate gets irritated when he brings a girl over to the house) I did mention I was taking my boy to the pit tonight and he said maybe he'd see me there. So... I've spent the better part of an hour exfoliating and shaving and whatnot just on the offchance that I'll run into him again.

And girls, if I do- Should I do it? Should I? Could I? Would I? Will I?

izzysgirl
08-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Oh, I forgot the dancing bananas!

:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

There, that oughtta do it!

Kitty53
08-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Lori,

I say go for it... :cb: :cb: :cb:

Lizzyg
08-02-2005, 06:47 PM
oh I'm soooooo tired!!

I had to chairside assist today, and take xrays and was just running around ALL day. I haven't sat chairside in soooo long, my back hurts, my wrist hurts, and I'm tired! But I did exercise this morning!

I'm going to convince Craig to massage my back for me later :) woohoo...

**thinking of you HH**

oh I cant wait for the weekend, then I can catch up on everyone's posts and stuff.

Thinking of you all, and hope you have a great week!

~Liz

hippohips
08-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Have no time to post post because I have a ton of packing left and have to arrange movers and installations and such. . .but I got the apartment! I hardly got any sleep last night, but since we were starting a new project at work, I was focused enough to not be so nervous. Then it came break time, and I was about two seconds away from needing some Depends. I really thought I would lose it (bladder wise lol). I called and she was like oh, let me check, yeah looks okay. w00t! And I got to actually see my place today, as well. It is tiny, of course. . .but the hallway outside of my place is great. Has these two storybook windows out of which you can see three of the major landmarks here. I am one happy hippo!

Lizzyg
08-02-2005, 07:45 PM
http://www.forumeye.it/invision/html//emoticons/woohoo.gif

I'm so glad you got the apartment HH!!!

~Liz

izzysgirl
08-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Super swell, HH!! Nice way to look at the bright side, and besides, how much space does a person really need? I think the more space you have, the more junk you accumulate and then eventually you have to move someplace bigger and then moving is an even bigger chore!

I'm actually a little envious of your new place- I'd like to move and start over somewhere too! Let me finish this masters, then I'm heading to Canada!!

Well here's the scoop on the man- I did NOT see him at the pit. Oh well. I suppose I'll keep watching for him there. If I really, really got the nerve up, I could call him... but chicken **** that I am... well, we'll see.

My boobs are definitely smaller and people are telling me that they can tell I've lost weight, mainly in my face. Yay! I didn't weigh today, but I did go swimming again tonight, and plan on going again tomorrow night... Hey, I might as well get some exercise while I'm stalking this guy, right?

Tee hee.

Calpurrnia
08-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Reeeeaaallly tired, but just wanted to say HH, I'm so thrilled you were able to get the apartment!! :D That's such great news!!

I'll have to read the rest of the posts later--I'm exhausted and have an 8 a.m. workout tomorrow. Whew. Better get to sleep.

Have a great night, ladies!
~Amanda