Support Groups - Mom's Losing Weight....August

View Full Version : Mom's Losing Weight....August

chrily
08-01-2005, 07:20 PM
I started a new thread because the other one was getting kind of long. I will get back here and post as soon as I get my little one dried off. SHe's been out running in the sprinkler.

~chris

chrily
08-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Morning...I didn't get a chance to get back on last night. We had to do some grocery shopping at walmart. And boy do I need to work on my husband. I was putting the groceries on the belt thing and pulled out a can of SPAM. I told him it wasn't healthy. He said it was, so I showed him the nutritional value on the back. 160 a slice/140 of it fat! He thinks corn dogs are healthy too. I got alot of teaching to do. Anyhow, I picked out lots of veggies and fruits. Low-fat yogurt, fat-free cottage cheese, fat-free sour cream and other healthy stuff. I actually sat down to dinner last night and measured my portions. Holy cow! I have been WAY OFF!. My portions are 2x to 3x larger than a normal portion. No wonder I have such a hard time.

I haven't exercised yet today but I've been cleaning house for the last 2 hours. Mopping, vacuuming, laundry, cleaning the kids' rooms. Tonight, I'll get some exercise in. I just can't get my butt outta bed in the morning. Later in the evening is probably my best bet. I'm awake then and I have a husband that will watch the kids.

Gotta go. My sister wants help with cleaning her house. Another birthday party tonight. (We have a large family) YIKES! Her littlest one is one year old today. He's such a cutie.

~chris

carlytaz
08-03-2005, 05:57 AM
goodmorning,

sorry i havent been on the past couple day... i havent been feeling to good.. anyways, my eating has went down the drain completly lately.. i think its because of the not smoking thing.. but that is just an excuse.. so anyways, my stomach is telling me all about it.. so i need to get myself together and on the ball.. i was up all night in agony.. not a good thing.

chris- congrats on the potion and healthy for buy.. you are doing great... keep up the great work you are an inspiration for me even if it doesnt seem like it these days.. you keep me thinking..

well i have to get ready for work.. have a great day.. i will check in later...

carly

chrily
08-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Hey all...It's a busy day around here. I decided to tear apart my bedroom and rearrange it. Bad mistake. The bed is too heavy so I'll have to wait for my husband to get home to put it all back in place. OOPS! I have my sisters little boys today so that she could go in and work. A full house. I haven't exercised yet but I figure with all this housework junk...it should be covered.

Instead of my usual bowl of cereal, I found a recipe for banana splits on the WW website so I had that. You take a large banana and slice it up in a bowl, top it with one cup of low-fat or fat-free flavored yogurt. Crumble up 4 low-fat graham crackers and top it with a little chopped almonds. Yum. IT was different and refreshing.

I better go up and check on the kids and see whats happening in the bedroom. I'm sure they are busy.

Carly-I had a couple days last week where my stomach was just off and hurt. I got a little sick and then felt better. I hope you have just a short tummy bug. :)

~chris

carlytaz
08-04-2005, 05:39 AM
Goodmorning,

well Chris sounds like you have been extremly busy... i think just your normal activities for the day counts as exercise.. I have been feeling a little better so thats a good thing.. i walked for about 45 minutes yesterday.. it felt so nice to beable to walk and breath.. it has been 11 days since my last smoke.. not to bad.. i just keep patting myself on the back.. i know my challenge was suppose to be potion control... well that went out the window and i went to not smoking.. so my next challenge will be potion control... I do need to sit down and right out menu's for the week.. i think that will help me in a couple ways.. 1) i will know what we having for dinner.. less stress 2) i can prepare healthier meals that way.3) maybe doing it that way would be cheaper on the pocket book.. which would really help..

so i have friday off from work.. i will clean and then do a menu.. any idea's on cheap healthy meals?????

have a great day everyone... and keep up the great work...

carly

michellejy
08-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Hey, all... I know it's like I was lost from here. Life has been nuts trying to get ready for this trip. I'm still making the wedding gift that I need to take with me next week. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, right? LOL

Anyway, I worked out for the first time in forever yesterday. I've been trying not to snack so much, and I discovered Coke Zero. My husband (who only drinks diet pop) and I (who only drinks regular pop) both really like it. Even my daughter does.

chrily
08-04-2005, 11:33 PM
Hi all...

Just a quick post. I'll get more in tomorrow. I have a funeral to go to in the morning and then I'll be back.

I didn't do very good with eating today. I was running out of time at lunch and every place was busy so I went through the del taco drive thru. That's my big screw up for the week. Tomorrow will be better.

Gotta run. My brother is staying here tonight. MY mom took off with my aunt on a vacation and he doesn't like to stay at home by himself. He's 23, has ADD, and is kind of mentally handicap (not down syndrome, he's just a little slow). So he likes to be with people...night scares him somewhat (if someone tried to break in). I think he feels safer here.

Ttfn,

chris

michellejy
08-05-2005, 11:25 AM
I did great with my eating until late last night. Then my insomnia caught up with me, and since I couldn't sleep, I snacked. I don't know why I can't pull myself together anymore.

chrily
08-06-2005, 10:19 AM
My eating wasn't perfect yesterday but it was okay. The exercise thing is going to be on hold again for a few days. I don't know what I did but I pulled a muscle in my chest again (embarrassing :o )....now the right side hurts and my upper back hurts. I can't even take a deep breath. Walking hurts, laying down kills. I barely slept last night. I got up at 2 and took some Advil...4 of them. It didn't touch it. I'll give it a day or 2 but if I'm not better, I'm going to the doctor. I keep carrying things, like children, that are too heavy for me now. It takes alot out of me to lift them up and put them in a shopping cart. I don't have much for muscle tone and with the arthritis, my joints get strained really easy.

Today is going to be an easy day. I'll do little things here and there but I'm not going to overdo it with anything.

AND....my baby baby is 3 YEARS OLD TODAY!

~chris

carlytaz
08-06-2005, 10:46 AM
goodmorning,

well the past few days i have been doing really bad.. eating wise.. but i have been exercising like a nut.. just moving around alot.. walking , dancing in the house... ya know.. but moving..\

now i have to go to the library and get books on how to cut dairy and processed food out of my diet... i am having such a hard time with that.. maybe if someone made me a menu..you know exactly what to eat.. maybe i could get it ... but right know i just cant... i am not stupid ... i am just a creature of habit... ya know.. and if it doesnt seem easy i am not going to do it.. i do have a very poor attitude towards things at the moment dont i...LOL>>

well maybe i will get with it... i am trying... have a great day ladies...

carly

chrily
08-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Carly, I'm with ya! I'm full of habits I'm having a hard time kicking. I also wish there was a menu for me that I could just follow and not have to think. When I think about things, it gets me into trouble. Some of these menu plans I have seen in the past won't work for me because of yeast and wheat allergies. I'm clueless when it comes to finding substitutes for these things.

~chris

carlytaz
08-06-2005, 11:49 PM
CHRIS- I am clueless also,,, i think i just need to sit down and really start reading and getting it together... alot right now is just stress so i am not taking care of me.. i have to go in on tuesday for that biopsy and i am very nervous.. with everything that has gone on in the past year... this just really makes me nervous... but anyways,, maybe once that is over and done with.. i will not have that weighing on my mind and can move forward... we will see... I do know for sure.. i have to cut dairy out of my diet.. man, that just kills me...lol... well have a great night all...carly

chrily
08-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Carly,
I must have missed something...I'm such an airhead, it's not hard for me to do, but WHAT BIOPSY????? I know you're probably a nervous wreck. I had a biopsy done 2 1/2 yrs ago, and I was scared to death.

I'm doing okay today with eating so far. Only cereal for breakfast and its almost lunchtime. I don't really feel hungry yet either. I got alot of sleep last night so I feel better. My chest still hurts but not as bad as yesterday. I thought every time I moved, I would pass out. Today its not too bad. I'm definitely not going to lift anything though.

Gotta see what the little girls are up to and get back to straightening up the house. Nicole's birthday was yesterday so I have presents strewn all over the place.

TTFN,
chris

carlytaz
08-08-2005, 05:30 AM
Goodmorning

chris- I thought i told you about having to go in and have a biopsy done of my uterus.. seems there is some kind of thickening or somthing going on in there.. this is one of the reason i need to really get on the ball with this healthy thing.. i would like to be around for a long time for my kids.. ya know.. with everything that has happened this year so far.... losing mom to cancer and gram being sick with cancer... I am very afraid.. so i think that is why i am eating like a banchee.. i do try to keep positive but i am an emotional eater.. never a good thing.. but anyways.. like you guys all want to here this blah blah... stuff... I did walk alot over the weekend.. and did do a little bit of arobics... i use to love doing that stuff.. not sure why i hate it so much now.. I am going to take my state test for my cna license... i had it about 8 yrs ago and let it expire so i have to take the test again.. but thats ok.. i need to get a part time night job for awhile.. to get extra money in the house to pay off some of these bills.. but i will still find the time to write to you ladies and let you all know how things are going..

well have a wonderful day.. i will check back later..

carly

michellejy
08-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Carly, you poor thing. I didn't know about your biopsy either.

I'm getting ready to pull my hair out at the moment, so as usual stress = eating in my world. It looks like my husband won't be able to go to his sister's wedding because his work Visa issues aren't taken care of (the US won't allow anyone back into the country right now without their work Visa being approved by the London consulate or something like that). So we may be out $3,000.00 for plane tickets, not to mention missing his only sibling's wedding, and to add to the joy, we aren't sure it ever will be approved so he may be in the country illegally right now.

Aside from that, we are approaching our 1 year anniversary, and I still can't get him to do his green card paperwork. The IRS lost two of his tax returns that we need to file the paperwork anyway.

If you guys pray, I could seriously use a prayer that he gets his Visa in the mail in the next day or two. I'm a nervous wreck!

chrily
08-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Carly, Don't be too nervous about the biopsy. I had a cervical biopsy done 3 almost 3 yrs ago. I had cancer starting while I was pregnant. If that wasn't nerve wracking. They couldn't do anything about it until after I had her. I had my biopsy and surgery and I'm okee dokee 3 yrs later. I finally got the okay a few months ago to start doing annual exams instead of every 6 months. My mom had uterine cancer. She had her uterus removed in Feb. She was pretty scared but she's also fine. My point, I guess, is that its really treatable...one of the most treatable. Hang in there hon!

I'm snacking like crazy girls. My time o' the month is coming in a week or so and I've got cravings like crazy. Do you gals have the same problem? If you do, what do you do?

~gotta go. I'm going with hubby on a service call.

~chris

carlytaz
08-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Goodevening,

I am nervous... but that is what emotional eating is for right...LOL... i think once i have an idea on what i am suppose to do.. i would feel better,,,, not so nervous.. ya know..

well Michelle, you better tell that hubby of yours to get on the ball.. he needs his green card ... tell him to stop making you a wreck and just do it...:) I am sorry to hear he will miss the wedding that is very sad..

chris_ thank you for your words.. i do try to think positive.. just the eating says a different story.. ya know.. 10 lbs lost 3 weeks ago and probably 15lbs gained now.. but i also did stop smoking so that doesnt help... at least i am getting healther in some respects. i do about 20 to 30 minutes of walking a day... i actually got my hubby out walking tonight... he has a budda belly he needs all the walking he can get... he worries me.. usually its me and my 12 year old daughter out walking... gave her a break tonight..LOL.. i am going to try and get him out there at least 3x week.. not sure if he will do it all he did was complain but i will try..

well everyone have a great night.. i will check in tomorrow...

carly

chrily
08-09-2005, 12:19 PM
Carly, I was a smoker for years too, but my hubby said he wouldn't marry me unless I quit. When I quit, my weight creeped up too. I wonder why that is. Anyhow, if it weren't for him, I wouls still be smoking. He's really a worrier about that stuff. His mom has emphysema, COPD, and congestive heart failure. His brother was diagnosed with lung cancer 2 yrs ago. Both were heavy smokers. It's a GREAT thing that you quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carly & Michelle-Not much happening here today. Paying bills, going to the bank, housework, etc. I've been running so much lately, I just want to spend most of the day at home. I miss my messy commode..... :lol: I know, I'm weird. Gotta go get busy. Talk to you soon.

~chris

mompen
08-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Hi Gals!

I just wanted to stop in and tell everyone HI! I had been posting here for a long time.. I know Chris, Hi Girl! :wave: and MichelleJ :wave:

Carly,
Good luck with the biopsy. I know you are a nervous wreck but I bet everything is gonna be just fine! Try to keep your fingers busy during this time to kept from snacking :)

Well I just wanted to stop in and say HI! :) I hope you all have a great day!

carlytaz
08-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Hello everyone,

chris you are not wierd... you are just one of a kind....LOL....

anyways, i went and had the biopsy today.. at the moment i am doing ok.. it wasnt as bad as i had imagined... always think the worst anyways,.... I will have the results on friday or tuesday... i really hope friday.. i dont want to wait until next week... if there is another step i must take i would like to know at this moment thank you..

my poor hubby is very upset... no personal time for me and him for at least 2 weeks... he is very sad about that...LOL.... me on the other hand.. well a rest is nice..LOL...

well it was nice to see you penny... i hope you pop in more often...

michelle- where are you????

well everyone have a wonderful night.. you are all great... keep up the great work...

carly

chrily
08-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Carly-Glad to hear the biopsy went okay. I know I white-knuckled it through mine. It wasn't too bad though. I had some cramping afterwards that about put me on the floor in the reception area...but nothing that alot of Advil couldn't cure. I don't like to wait for results either...whether its bad news or good, I want to know immediately so I can take care of the problem. Your poor hubby. ;) How will he ever manage...lol????

I am doing so bad today on my eating. That time o' the month is right around the corner and my munching is in full swing. I didn't even get any exercise today. I'll remedy that tomorrow.

It's just pathetic to me. I keep sabotaging my progress. It's almost like I want to stay fat, because then everyone expects less from me. I don't even have higher expectations of me. Does all this make sense? I want to be thinner and healthier so bad but scared to death to go there. Maybe some deep psychological reasoning for this. :o

There is an annoying beep in this house. My husband let my daughter play with a cellphone and it keeps beeping every 20 min. or so and we still can't find it. You'd think the battery would die sooner or later.... :lol:

Okay...enough for me. I have to install quickbooks on the computer before I go to bed so I can finally get our bookwork in order. OOOOO fun!

~chris

carlytaz
08-10-2005, 06:05 AM
Goodmorning,

chris- the sabatoge thing.. i totally understand... it seems you get to a certain point then all of a sudden your will power.. your brain power just goes out the window and its a free for all...LOL... but we are working on that ... and it will get easier.. just have some rough days thats all.. i need to learn to handle stress better.. and realize i should have more confidence in myself.. that is something i totally dont have.. and i should.. i think all women should.. these are things i am working on...

you will get to where you want to be ... it just takes time.. and remember we are all here to support you... even when we sabotage ourselves... no need to beat yourself up... just get back on the wagon...

oh yeah... the cramping thing... i so hate that...LOL...

carly

chrily
08-10-2005, 10:44 AM
That phone is still beeping..... :dizzy: :lol:

I get the pleasure of taking Nicole to the doctor today. She was complaining about her tongue hurting yesterday and so we looked and she had what appeared to be a canker sore on it. This mornng she woke up and her daddy asked if he could see her tongue again because she had a really rough night. We looked in her mouth again and now she has 3 large spots now and one is ulcerated. Don't know what that's all about but I guess we'll find out.

I'm up 2 lbs this a.m. I'm heading the wrong direction. Not good! I have to get exercising...regularly. This hit and miss stuff with exercise and food is going to stop. I could go on and on...but I suppose I better get Nicole ready so I can make an appt. for her. I'll check back later and let ya all know what weird ailment the child has. ;)

~ttfn,
chris

carlytaz
08-11-2005, 06:00 AM
goodmorning,

chris- I certainly hope nicole is ok... please let me know.. poor thing...

talking about the lbs up and eating i am with you girlfriend.. but i am trying to get my brain under control... i am an emotional eater.. and lately with all thats been going on all i do is eat.. i am hoping that when i get the results back and now the next step that i will relax and get myself under control.. i believe alot of issue's that people have with themselves is the food we put in our bodies.. so i just need tofigure out how to enjoy eating healthy.. i wish my husband would jump on this band wagon... he is so overweight its not funny i love him to pieces and it scares me to death because a few years back he ended up in the hospital because of heart problems... he does not seem to care about that as much as i do.. he is about 220lb height 5'8... he is 40 years old.. any suggestions on how to get him on the band wagon with out him actually knowing..LOL... i have to be sneaky....

oh yeah one more question??? anyone know anything about homeschooling??? my daughter 12 wants to be homeschooled but i have no clue where to begin.. and not sure if that is a good idea ... but she is a wreck about going back to this school... and she has always loved school.. but moving here has changed her about that..

well i hope everyone has a wonderful day..keep up the great work.. today will be better...

carly

chrily
08-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Good morning all. The phone has finally stopped beeping! :D :lol:

Carly-Nicole has that hand/foot/mouth virus. I thought she only had the sores on her tongue but she has them in her throat, on the inside of her lips and her cheeks. She's sore and we're home today. But of course, I was so worried about that, I didn't tell the doctor about her wetting her pants alot lately. You go to the doctor and just go blank. Anyhow, I talked to his nurse this a.m. and I have to take her back this afternoon for a urine test to see if she has a UTI. We were so worried about the cats peeing on the carpet and here it's her.

I can't really give you much advice on getting your husband on the bandwagon. Mine is the same way. He's 240 lbs, but 6 ft 2. He's overweight, is hypothyroid, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, and has acid reflux disease. You'd think he'd want to change but.... I'm not helping much either. I could be cooking healthier but I don't. I worry about him. His mom and one of his brother's have had heart attacks. His brother had his in his late 30s. His mom, sister, and that same brother all are diabetic...and his mom has congestive heart failure. I'd be scared straight and healthy if I were him. Can't figure out why I'm not scared about my own health.

I think to homeschool you have to register with your state, but I'm not sure. I'd maybe contact someone in the school system or a government office and find out.

Hi Chelle-How goes it with you? Haven't seen a post for a bit. Let us know how you're doing.

~chris

chrily
08-11-2005, 02:06 PM
i had along post done and its gonnnnnneee...

Anyhow, I take nicole back to the doctor today. In my state of doctoritis..where you forget everything and your mind drawa a blank once you enter the office, I didn't remember to ask about her sudden change in potty habits. She's not using the toilet anymore. Anyplace is fair game. I have an appt. this afternoon with her doc again to do a urine test on her to see if she has a UTI. Her mouth sores were worse than I though...she has sores down her throat, inside her cheeks, lipe, etc. Nothing they can do. It's a virus that has to work its way through.

Anyhow, gotta make some lunch and get her ready to go AGAIN.

I'll respond to the rest of the posting after awhile...

~chris

chrily
08-11-2005, 02:08 PM
ooppsss...operator error here. I found it!!!!!!!!!! Darn those back buttons.

~chris

carlytaz
08-12-2005, 05:57 AM
Goodmorning,

chris- I hope nicole is feeling a bit better today... i heard it takes about 7to 10 days for that to work its self out. poor thing to feel like that for that long..

well.. me and hubby took a walk together last night again.. all he does is complain but at least he is going that is more then he was doing before.. but once the winter hits i wonder if he will keep it up.. i have noticed that his eating habits have changed a bit.. he is portioning his meals... damn him .. one up on me again..LOL... but he is doing it on the sneaky not saying to much ya know,,, unlike me who says hey look little meals...LOL.. but anyways, i was happy about that.. now i just have to jump on that band wagon.

I feel better today... my doctor is suppose to call either today or tuesday.. i do certainly hope he calls today.. i think this is one of the reason i have been out of my mind.. i have no patience with any thing or anyone and all i want to do is cry or yell.. not a very good way to be.. because i use to be really nice.. not sure what has happened to me.. need to find me again i guess...

to many stresses .. but i am really trying to look on the bright side of things.. i have a job, my children are healthy... maybe not always happy but healthy... my hubby for the most part is wonderful... so really i have it pretty good why be so grumpy all the time... :)

well thank you for just letting me vent a little...

have a wonderful day... chris let me know how nicole is doing .... i will try and check back later...

carly

chrily
08-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Carly, I got Nicole back into the doctor yesterday for her urine test...She's totally normal in that department. I have a child who has regressed a bit. Darn it! Just when ya thought you don't have to fork out anymore money for pull ups.

We had a tornado last night about 14 miles north of our city. It was about a mile away from my ex's place. It WAS heading straight for his town but it changed course a bit. He lucked out. Actually everyone got lucky since most of it is farmland out that way. It still scared me. We usually only get funnel clouds, but nothing that touches down. This was a bit spooky

I didn't do anything yesterday. I ate poorly and didn't exercise. I wish you lived closer so we could kill this problem with us together. I sure could use a buddy. I just have no one to be accountable to. I want it, but not bad enough I guess. REFOCUS! REFOCUS! REFOCUS!

My cat is in the closet meowwing...what a weirdo. She usually sleeps on my modem. Don't know what she's squawking for. i better go and get some stuff done. It's nice and cool today so I can go out and vacuum my van out without dying from the heat. Talk to you later.

Hope you get your results back today.

~chris

carlytaz
08-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Chris- i could also use a buddy... we will just have to encourage either other and keep moving forward.. we will get there..

I am so happy to hear that nicole is ok.. my daughter regressed when she was about 3 and it drove me bananas but it only lasted a short time... she was totally potty trained by the time she turned 2 so i was like you a bit worried of why this was happening.. but dr. said it was normal...

now if you where talking about my boys.. they where not potty trained until my oldest 31/2 and my second son 3.. so i was very happy when my daughter was all done with diapers by 2.. she is just very intelligent.. not sure where that came from but i am happy...

where do you live again??? tornados.. nope not for me...lol... i hate any kind of storms so that would put me completely over the edge...LOL...

well have a great day... remember you have to do great today or i will send you a bad e-mail...LOL... only kidding.. keep your chin up.. we will get there.. believe me already today and its not even 11 am yet i have ruined my eating ... i have a bowl of fruitloops at about 8 and just had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white bread.. not a very good start.. but i noticed since they did this procedure on me.. my hormones have been all out of wack did that happen with you when you had it done???

and i am still blaming the not smoking thing on my eating habits too.. ya know.. i am the excuse queen... you sure you want me for a buddy...LOL...

talk later

carly

chrily
08-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Carly, I can't remember if I was hormonally whacked when I had mine done or not. I know I was sore for the first day. It's funny how you can block some of this stuff out. I can't remember the pain of having kids but I can definitely remember my arthritis woes from before. Did you get your test results?

I'm in Montana. Tornadoes are really unusual here. We get funnel clouds but nothing ever really touches down. In the paper today it said there wasn't much damage. It touched down in many farmland that the gov.t is using for conservation programs. I was kind of worried because my ex still lives out there, but he only got some hail dents.

I've started out my morning okay. I had my Quaker oatmeal and a cup of tea with some s/f f/f french vanilla creamer. Yum. I'd never thought of doing that before but then my mil does it, so I tried it and creamer in tea is actually really tasty.

I'm not sure what kind of exercise I'll get in today because I have an arthritis flare in my leg. I'm hoping since today was my weekly medicine day, it'll disappear in fast time. I'm getting more aches and swellings than I have been. My appt. with my rheumatologist is in Sept. so maybe I'll get switched to one of the newer drugs or get an additional one to take with the ones I'm on right now. I am NOT taking anymore prednisone though. The weight gain is horrible and the long terms effects of it aren't really awesome either.

Better go. I have to run to Walmart and get a tank cleaner and a fish net for Kayla. We got her some more fish last night and her darling little sister dumped the food in the tank. Now, this mom gets to clean it out. I wish we would have saved all our stuff from before but as life goes...we didn't.

Talk to you soon,
Chris

carlytaz
08-14-2005, 06:47 AM
chris- goodmorning

yes i received my results and they said everything is normal... believe me that was a relief..i still feel very hormonal... not sure why that is.. but since i received the results i think i am not as stress.. now i know i need to really take care of me.. this was an eye opener.. if you know what i mean..

regarding how you are feeling.. i am sorry your body is not working with you.. i hate those days when the body has a mind of its own... i have a question for you..

1) do you eat and drink alot of dairy???

i have read that if you elimanate dairy from your diet.. yes you will have to supplement with calcium pills but if you take dairy out of your diet the athritis seems to disappear.. maybe not completely but quite a bit... maybe you should try this for you 28 day challenge.. rid your body of dairy and sugar for 28days.. see if you feel anybetter... make sure you mark it on your calander everyday so you stay on track.. remember though the first few days or maybe a week or so.. you will have other symtoms... maybe feel like you are getting a cold.. runny nose things like that.. but that is all the toxins coming out of your body... once your rid yourself of that.. then you will feel better.. try it.. what can it hurt.. right.. let me know.. and remember i am here to support you.. if you want to vent to me go right a head.. i dont mind... i will listen and try to help... this is just something i had read somewhere... i think if your body is fighting you then you need to try everything to see if you can help it get back to normal for you... just my suggestions..

I havent been doing to good myself with the eating and everything.. i have been so tired lately not sure what that is all about.. my house looks like a train has ran over it.. so i do need to get on the ball and get it cleaned... i am going tomorrow to apply for a second job.. working 24hrs a wk.. for health insurance... i am going to be even more tired so i have to get some routines down in my life and find some balance.. any and all suggestions would be greatly apprciated.. this is a house full of 5 people... 19 yr old son, 17 yr old son and 13 almost yr old daughter and hubby.. my hubby helps me out alot.. but the kids... they do nothing... so any suggestions on getting them motivated to help would be helpful to...:) thank you... i know this if off topic.. but i think weight health is everything in your life.. if you dont have balance its hard to stay on track...

well chat soon

carly

chrily
08-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Carly, I only have sec because I have family coming over for dinner but wanted to say Congratulations on the normal test results. I bet you that was a huge relief and load off your mind.

I should try taking dairy out too and sugar also. NEither of which I've been doing so well at. I did get my WW magazine yesterday, that kind of peps me up and gets me back to thinking on healthier terms.

I'll check back later when things aren't so hectic.....

~chris

carlytaz
08-14-2005, 07:25 PM
hey chris

I hope you had a great day with the family...

regarding how we are doing with the life style change.. i am really doing poorly.. i think the 10 pounds i lots 3 wks ago is back... oh well.. try try try again... so starting tomorrow i think i will write down everything i eat... that will be a start in the right direction i think... i will make healthier choices and portion my meals... we will see what happens... not sure why all of a sudden i am just a food funky and it doesnt matter what kind of food... good for me or bad for me...LOL,,,,

well i will check back later i hope you had a great day..

carly

chrily
08-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Carly, the family get-together went great. Try try again! Tomorrow will be the day for that! I ate my goodies tonight and I am giving it my best effort this time. I don't think I've been as disciplined or enthusiastist, or as vigilant as I should be. My grading system worked good for a bit...but I think in the school of weight loss I've been getting "F's" instead of A's or B's. THey say there is a point when it all justs clicks and then weight loss isn't such a harrowing or challenging experience anymore. I can feel that point of understanding just under the surface, I just have to get to it or let it out....whichever. If I choose to do this in a year, I only need to lose 1 lb a week. That is more than doable. Food is something I can control. I've done that quite well before. Exercise is where I need the most discipline. That is going to be my biggest challenge. So here is what I AM going to do....

1. Cut out sugar.
2. Limit dairy
3. Exercise 30 min/5 times a week
4. Tone and strength training 3 times a week....
5. Wake up earlier, go to bed earlier.
6. Absolutely no fast food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. Think positive.

I keep telling myself...I'll start tomorrow. Then tomorrow comes and I do the same thing. NO MORE OF THAT! It's going to be a "DO IT TODAY" thing. We can do this, Carly!!!!! I can feel it!

have a great rest of the night. Remember to journal your food tomorrow and I'll do the same.

~chris

carlytaz
08-15-2005, 06:27 AM
wow chris that sounds like a great plan.. and how positive you are... we will do great today.. wish me luck.. i am going for an interview today.. looking for a night job.. need to get better health ins. so i found a nursing home that will hire me and re train me.. i was a licensed cna but let my license expire when i started doing office work.. but anyways, they will retrain and pay for my testing again.. and if i work 22.5 hrs aweek i can get health ins .. which means my hubby can drop it from his work and get that 106 dollars put back in his pay.. because financially we are doing so poorly... not that i really want to work 62.5 hrs aweek.. but i have to get us back on our feet to a point where we can breath.. ya know.. i think everything is balance and we are going to learn to get some in our lives..

you are going to do great today.. i will check back later... enjoy your day and keep smiling...

carly

chrily
08-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Carly, Hey girl! How'd the job thing go? Did you get it? :)

Today I've been doing better than I expected. Of course, that might be due to the fact that my tummy doesn't feel so good. But anyhow, I got in 2 miles of walking. For breakfast I had a WW Banana Split. I make it a little different then theirs but I use s/f cereal like some cheerios and put a few in a bowl. Slice up a banana on it, dump a little carton of ff yogurt on it and 1 T. of slivered almonds. It's a nice change from cereal all the time. For lunch I had some sliced deli chicken breast wrapped around 2 string cheeses and some grape tomatoes...and water. For a snack this afternoon I had a yogurt and for dinner a hamburger pattty and cottage cheese. I know...you see alot of dairy there too.... :D Tomorrow will be easier because I'll be home all day.

How'd you do today? I want details..girl.... ;) Sounds like you're feeling a bit more positive today too. We can do this, for sure!!!

~chris

carlytaz
08-16-2005, 05:51 AM
chris,, you did great.. yes alot of dairy but hey healthy... i didnt do so well.. i started out ok.. but then just rocketed down wards.. but thats ok.. today .. i go back to work.. so i usually do so much better when working.. my down fall these days is eating at night.. something i never really did before but since istopped smoking.. that seems to be the thing to do.. but i will work on that to.. lack of energy doesnt help me either.. do you take vitimins??? i dont but thinking i should start..

well i know you will do great today.. i will check back later...

carly...

chrily
08-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Carly, my bad time of day is in the afternoon until dinnertime. I don't feel really hungry after breakfast for a long time and I hardly ever snack after dinner. The afternoon is a whole other story. I use WW online and I journaled all my food for yesterday and for once in a very long time, I didn't even dive into my flexpoints. That felt good.

Today is my day off. I have some housework to get caught up on since Kelly did service calls all day and left the kids with his mom. I've been babied too long. I'm so used to coming home to a clean house and dinner on Mondays...
Yesterday it looked like a cyclone went through here. And when I got home, I didn't feel good so I didn't want to do much of anything. I loaded the dishwasher and started it and then rested. My kids have given me a nice cold. I know, its strange to get a cold in the summer of all things. OH, I did get all my books ordered for school last night though. Now I just need to pick them up on the 29th. $507!!! for 5 classes. All together, this semester is costing around $3000. Thank heavens for financial aid.

I better go. Kelly has me running all over town: making deposits, paying the mortgage, paying a loan, and going to the next town 15 miles away to pay our insurance. NOT what I wanted to do today. Talk to you later. Have a great day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~chris

carlytaz
08-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Chris, sounds like you had a very busy day... you poor thing... I went and applied for that job not sure how it went waiting for the call ya know..
I have to get training again.. i let my cna license expire... about 7yrs ago.. i am very nervious about the whole thing... but i am going to keep looking.. i do need to get out of where i am working.. things are just not right there. i like my boss he is very nice but he makes me worry... when he cant pay his rent how is he going to pay me... ya know.. and i relie on my pay... my mortgage will not get paid if i dont get a paycheck...

wow, your schooling is so expensive... how much longer are you in school for???

did i tell you my daughter wants to be homeschooled.. well i am looking into it.. i just dont want to ruin her....lol..

well the eating was a little better today.. i did drink lots of water so that is a plus... everyday,,, i get a little better... at least i didnt go back for seconds i always find that to be a plus..LOL,,,

well have a great night... check back tomorrow

carly

chrily
08-17-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm checking back tonight because I got called to work tomorrow. THe other gal is with her daughter in the hospital. Not sure what's going on with that or which daughter it is. Hope she's okay though.

My ex MIL passed away tonight too. She's been in a nursing home in a town about 70 miles from here for the past 2 yrs. She had emphysema but I guess she died from a heart attack. She's had a rough rough time for the last few years or so. Before the nursing home, she was living in her mobile home. She fell asleep smoking and it caught on fire and burned to the ground and she lost everything, including her car. Then she almost did the same thing in a hotel she was staying in. Then she got so weak from the emphysema at the next place she stayed and she was alone. They found her, called my SIL and then took her to the hospital where she was in ICU for awhile. Then after that, she went to the nursing home. I wish I would have gotten Tiana up to see her more. So many regrets along life's way, huh? She's at peace and not fighting for her every breath. So that's a good thing. :) My ex is on his way to see his wife, who went to her mom's house. And that's another mess in itself. I won't even go there. I gotta keep telling myself, None of my business. My business is my daughter right now. His wife is gonna get a shock though. She'll be surprised, and probably mad, but I"m going to the funeral. Would you go, if it were you? I was part of the family for 9 yrs and then helped her out with things when my ex was in prison. (another story I'll tell you about sometime).

I suppose I better go. Morning comes fast and I'm really not looking forward to it. I have to take my kids with me. No babysitter. Darn it!

I'll check back after work. TTFN and no worries. Tomorrow is another great day to be on track with our weight loss efforts.

~hugs
chris

ECmom
08-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Hi!
Well, Chris...you said you and Carly were happy here but lonely, so I decided to stop in and say hello. Carly- FYI I go wayyyyyyyyyyy back with this board- somewhere around the SAHM's (stay at home mom's) # 15 or something like that......it has been years, I think 4 for me. Anyway- nice to meet you! My name is Ginny and I am the mother of 3 (Dd 19, Ds 16, Dd 9). I am a school bus driver, on WW....trying to get these last few # off (about 10 depending on how today's WI goes). I dropped off this thread because it was SO busy, and I had a hard time keeping up with multiple posts a day. I have been known to stop in and say hello from time to time......so here I am.

Gotta go get a million things done......see ya !
Ginny

chrily
08-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Hi Ginny...I read your message. I'll have to get one written to you soon. I have to work tomorrow and then I think go to a funeral either on Friday or Sat. Not sure which...

Carly, how's it going today? I was doing good until lunch...Wendy's called because I had the kids and had to take them to work with me. But I had a small chili, a baked potato, and a yogurt...but I found out, the yogurt is 5 WW points alone. OUCH! I guess, live and learn. I still only went over my points allowance and used 3 flexpoints. I did 30 min. of cardio salsa tonight, and 10 min. of strength training. Now I just need a shower...and a nice comfy bed.

I have to print tomorrow. I full day of standing on my feet. I wonder how many calories you burn standing for 7 hours???????

Better go. I'm going to try and find that one out. Now I'm curious. LEt me know how your day went.

~chris

carlytaz
08-18-2005, 05:58 AM
well it's very nice to meet you Ginny.. it sounds like you have done very well if you only have that last 10lbs to go.. and that is always the hardest.. but stick around we will help keep you motivated...

chris.. you did good even if wendy's called out your name... sorry to hear you have work and stand on your feet for 7hrs today.. i hope the day goes by fast for you..

I work long days but i sit on my butt all day.. office work ya know.. so my major issue is the secretary butt thing i have going on.. man, i need to work on that..LOL... ok so my eating was not great but was not as bad as it has been that is a start.. gram called last night to tell me her cancer has spread so in turn... i do not smoke anymore so i eat.. emotional eating is the worst.. I am back to being very worried and scared for her...but i also know its in god's hands and i have to trust in him..

my eating yesterday.

bowl of cereal for breakfast.. coco pebbles and whole milk.. i know bad
snack- sm container applesauce
lunch- left over speg not quite a bowl full
snack- sm peach
supper- 3 pieces of buffalo chicken pizza (small pizza).
snack- chocolate ice cream<<< not good at all..

ok so writing this down to you is making me feel like a real pig....LOL... if i do this everyday.. i will change my eating habits...

well i am going to work on doing much better today...

have a great day ladies..

carly

chrily
08-18-2005, 09:41 PM
I had a bad day....I did good with breakfast and dinner. Lunch was a whole other story. I had a rushed lunch hour so fast food it was. This isn't a coincidence or anything like that. I NEED to PLAN for days like this. I, at least, know where the problem lies and what to do for it.

I signed my girls up for dance today. Kayla is going to take jazz and tap. Tiana gets ballet, jazz, and hip hop. I think they'll like it.

Nothing else to report. Kind of a boring day here. I'll check back later.

~chris

carlytaz
08-19-2005, 09:39 PM
hey chris

I was going to check back in yesterday... but i had some kinda nervous break down thing... it was bad.. but i am better today.. i just have this over whelming feeling of depression come over me.. i know that gram is not going to be with us much longer.. but i am not sure how much i can handle.. I am still trying to deal with my mom being gone.. i am losing my mind.. well on some days...
so eating has been bad... i just cant seem to get myself out of this depressed place that i am.. somedays i think ok i feel good things are going to start to get better.. but it only lasts a moment...i think my hubby i worried because he just keeps telling me to take things slow... he worries.. but i think this is one reason i cant seem to get things undercontrol.. but someday i will..

anyways,,, the girls are going to love dance.. my daughter was in dance for 4years and she just loved it... we had to take her out when we moved and we havent had the money to put her back in...

thank goodness its friday no work tomorrow... just sleeping in...yippy.. well have a great night.. i will check back in the am.. carly

chrily
08-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Carly, my feet are killing me! A marathon night of shopping with Tiana. We got some school clothes for her and a dress to wear to her grandma's funeral tomorrow. My body is ready to die. I still have to find her some tennis shoes, another couple shirts, and some undies. I am having a heck of a time finding dresses for Kayla. All they have are these short short little plaid school girl skirts. I just picture Britany Spears in hers and I think "sleazy". Plus Kayla is a frilly kind of girl. She likes the fancy stuff.

I didn't do bad today eating. The things I may have screwed up on got worked off at the mall. I didn't get snacking in either. My sisters' and I worked on our quilts today. We almost got 2 done. We're going to sell them and see what kind of money we can make.

I better go to bed. I'm too pooped to pop. And I better get the house picked up tomorrow before we have to leave for the funeral. I'll check with you tomorrow sometime.

HI GINNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're lurking and reading. I haven't forgotten about you. I'm really really going to message you. Just too darn busy. I will catch up tomorrow or Sunday.

~luv
chris

carlytaz
08-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Goodmorning chris,

well sounds like you had a very busy day... I am sorry to hear about your daughters grandma.. my thoughts are with you..

well today I am going to start walking again and get my house under control.. I am going to watch my eating very closely. and try to figure out what triggers me to eat so much.. boring, depression... plan stress.. what ??? ya know.. I am going to try and take dairy completely out of my diet for 1 week i think i can do 7days.. and see how i feel.. i was suppose to do that anyways.. i just havent.. so starting today.. i am going to.. and i am going to put water back into my diet.. havent really been drinking enough of that either.. so that is my plan wish me luck...

try to keep your head up today.. I am thinking of you and your family..

carly

chrily
08-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Carly, I'm sorry for not writing back. I read your post, but never had time to respond. So when I clicked on the User CP...it didn't show back up. I thought I was the last one to post. I've been looking for the last 3 days and nothing.... :lol: I thought you forgot about me. What an idiot!

ANyhow, darlin'...I lost 2 pounds from last week. I am ecstatic. It's a pleasant change for me. I'll have to keep up with the exercise. I did fudge a couple times last week....Imagine what I could do if I didn't eat anything bad for a week. How's the walking going? Did you get your husband to join you? Mine won't. HE's got too much on his plate to do. :( I'll work on him some more...I'll break him down. :s:

Did you quit eating the dairy? I was wondering how that was working out if you did? Let me know.

I gotta go. Kelly will kill me. if he sees me on the computer instead of getting dinner ready for when he gets home. I'll have to put on the cute and innocent act, and tell him I need to rest first.

~chris

carlytaz
08-24-2005, 05:32 AM
hey Chris,

How are you?? Sorry I havent been around to much.. been a bit busy.. trying to learn everything I can about this home schooling for my daughter. I have joined a homeschooling organization so that should help me along. a new adventure in my life.. but i think probably at this time in my life I do need this. keeps my mind busy...lol...

anyways, I havent gotten that good at the eating thing ...but not as bad as i have been so thats good.. no havent dropped the dairy yet... i dont know what to have to substitute.. i dont like the soy stuff..

I have been walking for 1/2 hr everynight.. while my daughter rides her bike .. we figure that is like her gym time... so we will need to figure out some other physical activities that she and I can also do.. once the cold weather gets her.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated..

well i hope all is well... and i bet you are doing great... keep up the good work.. i will try to check back later...

carly

chrily
08-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Carly, well I sent the kids off to school today. All I'll have at home is Nicole until 2:25 this afternoon. This'll be strange. Maybe I can get alot done.
Heck, it isn't even 9 am and I already have clothes folded. I'm not used to moving before 9. I went shopping with my sister last night. I don't know why, but I had 2 panic attacks while I was with her. Maybe I do need to be higher on the anti-depressants. I just don't know anymore. I'm sick of medicine but when I forget those or try to cut down...I have more panic attacks. I wonder what goes wrong in a person to make that happen all the time. What makes me so different than other people?

I'm going to behave today. I didn't eat much for breakfast. My tummy is kind of having an off day. So maybe I'll have a sporting chance at being good.

Exercise for you and your daughter for gym time. She might like to do some exercise videos with you. I've seen some for the younger people. YOu could check that out. Find a place where you can swim indoors. My daughters loved swimming lessons. If you have a YMCA in your area, they have programs for kids too. My daughter took basketball through the Y. Or there is soccer.

Anyhow, those are just a few idea. O...one other. Walk around the inside of a mall. That's good for some walking time.

TTFN,
chris

carlytaz
08-25-2005, 06:22 AM
Chris- hello,,

I dont think you are really that different from other people... I think alot of people have your sames feelings and anxiety attacks.. if you need the meds to help you .. continue to take them.. I would rather see you taking something that makes you feel somewhat better then taking nothing at all.. and having panic attacks... i have had 2 of them in my life and i dont want anymore.. I dont take anything but sometimes i think i should..lol

thank you for the ideas on what to do with my daughter... I will look into all of them..

my eating was pretty good yesterday.. i also got a ton of stuff done at work.. and at home.. so i think that is a good thing.. not sure what got into me but hey what the heck.. enjoy it while it last,, right...

I wonder what happened to Michelle... i havent seen her in a while.. i hope all is well with her..

well you have a great day... i will check back later

carly

chrily
08-25-2005, 11:39 PM
Carly, It just makes me feel like a "weaker" person for not being able to handle everyday things without the benefits of prescriptions. I hate the panic attacks though. It feels like my world is crashing down and that I'm going to die and there isn't a darn thing I can do about it. I'm actually due for an appt. with my internist. I should see if there is something I can do. See if I need my dose adjusted or maybe some counseling. When I had a ton of odd scary...I"m gonna die...feelings before it was partly do to some damage that was happening with my liver. I do go in before the 14th of Sept. for my bloodwork...AGAIN! So that should tell me whether its my mind or something physical. I have bloodwork done every 3 months for my rheumatologist. He likes to keep a close eye on me since my medicines are classified as high risk meds.

I have really stunk at eating lately. My stomach has been off and nothing tastes good. So of course..I've been eating all the wrong stuff. I'll get back on track tomorrow again. I think I can handle it.

Ooops...janet is here. She nees some benadryl from me...

~chris

carlytaz
08-26-2005, 11:47 PM
chris- you are not a weaker person... i do believe that maybe i should go and get something... because i think personally its better to beable to handle things(even if you takes med) then to not beable to handle things which is pretty much how i live my life these days.. so no you are not a weak person.. your just dealing with life..

you will do better with your eating.. everything has a way of coming together.. just have faith... your doing wonderful...

carly

chrily
08-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Hey Carly, It stinks so bad around here. There's a fire burning in some forest land about 40 miles away and the smell is about nauseating....

Not too bad around here. I did good with eating yesterday. I had cereal for breakfast. A salad for lunch and a wrap sandwich. And Chicken breast, and corn for dinner. Okay....I did average yesterday. I snuck some cookies. I get stressed or bored and I eat. One track mind here I guess... :D Wonder what I could do to differently. Bored I can handle. I can always find something to do but when I get stressed...i haven't a clue.

Today is another day filled with laundry and picking up. I swear that its a never ending battle. Maybe later I can work on my quilt. Jennifer almost has hers done. Janet had her quilt top done. So now its my turn to come up with a design. I got the first 3 rows sewed up and I think 5 more to go. I'm making a baby quilt. I'll take a pic of it when its done and attach it so you can see. I better go...i hear a battle happening upstairs.

~chris

carlytaz
08-29-2005, 07:42 AM
Goodmoring,

well its pouing out here this morning... i didnt expect that.. anyways,, how is that fire did they get it put out.. I hate that smell ..

I know what you mean about getting stressed and all you want to do is eat.. i am so like that.. its that emotional eating thing... i think all women are built with it in them.. anyways, my weekend sucked... just because it was fight city here all weekend... maybe things will get better i certainly hope so..

well i will try to check back later..

carly

chrily
08-29-2005, 07:06 PM
My weekend was kind of busy. My mom keeps finding little mice in her house so me and my sister went over to help her clean up the little droppings and to just clean. My mom thought she found all the holes but we found a couple more where they were getting in at. I told her we had to get rid of a bunch of stuff and then go from there. They've been having a ball!!! :D

The fire is still burning but they're getting it contained. I hope they get it all done soon, my eyes are burning from the irritation too. YUCk!

Not much happening here. Work and kids...and getting all psyched up for when I start school next week. Friday I pick up my books. There's a pretty penny.

Well I'll chat at you later. Sorry you're weekend was bad. Hopefully the week evens out for you and the fighting goes away.

~chris

carlytaz
08-30-2005, 05:37 AM
hey chris

well things are really not to much better around here.. well we have teenage boys who think they can do what they want ... say what they want.. ect, ect. and it just gets old..

well i decided i would send my daughter to public school again... with things the way are are around here.. that will probably be her only out.. ya know.. I told her i would get more involved with her schooling this year.. last year was tough on me... with mom being sick, ya know.. so i wasnt as avaliable to her as i should have been.. she is not happy but she is dealing with it..

i told ya i am off my rocker...lol... anyways,,, good luck when you start school.. you are going to be tired... the eating thing has been ok.. not great but ok... i have been walking though so that is a plus..

well have a great day.. i have to get ready for work.. i will check back later..

carly

carlytaz
09-02-2005, 05:44 AM
hi Chris...

I hope all is well with you... I will check back later...

carly

chrily
09-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Starting our September thread.....