Exercise! - Exercise 5 days a week~30 minutes a day for August Challenge!

Flower Power
08-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Ok all! Let's go for it. The summer is winding down now maybe we can all get back on schedule. Happy Exercising! Cindi

TheNewChristy
08-01-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm here!!! No exercise yet (just about to leave work), but I hear Billy Blanks calling my name....!! :)

Flower Power
08-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi there Christy good to see ya. I think I will have my snack and jump on my gazelle....I know I will feel better...I really missed it while I was on vacation. Cindi :cool: (I have a snack first because I am diabetic and my sugar drops like a rock when I exercise so I need a carb to exercise on)

caprice
08-01-2005, 06:42 PM
I would love to join in this thread. I am trying hard to make it to the gym six days per week, and most of those twice. I do cardio(treadmill) in the morning for 35-45 min and in the evening for 30-45 min. I also alternate weight training daily...one day being upper body, next day being lower body. I have always loved to workout, and now am making the time. My husband even meets me in the evening :cb:
So far I have kept this schedule up for two weeks.....only taking Sundays off for rest.
I am looking forward to the encouragement and advice from others.
Have a great evening,
Lynn :flow2:

Flower Power
08-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Welcome and way to go Lynn, your really working hard. I used to walk one hour a day every day but I kind of got burnt out. I am hoping to add some strength trainning to my workout too. Keep up the good work and we'll sure cheer you on. Yea LYNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cindi :)

gina71
08-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Ok, I am new and here is the thing that I bet all of you can understand. Where to find the time. I want to do this. I have a five yr old and have still not lost the weight. It is so hard. I have good intentions of getting up at 5:00 am and walking or jogging but it just doesn't happen. I need help, motivation something. My husband, after five years of me being fat, has finally said something to me about it. He hates to see me try over and over with no success. I will take any suggestions. How to find the time.

Ga Peach
08-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Ok I made over to this August thread :cp: Yah Me!!
I am new to this exercise challenge thing, but I am willing to try.
Peach
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro6/bee01/lb/206/150/179/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

caprice
08-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Thank you Flower Power. The hardest part is getting up, putting the shoes on, grabbing the water and getting out the door. Once that's done, the rest is easy! :wl:
Eighty minutes on the treadmill today (fat burner mode), and upper body weight training. :bike: :strong:
I hope I don't get burned out, I am having so much fun. Haven't noticed much of a change yet, but it'll come.
This challenge is going to keep me motivated!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!:

gina71
08-01-2005, 09:08 PM
:dizzy: I am going to give it try. Either at night when I get home or in the morning I am going to try to walk. Thank you for this challenge. I am going for it.

Flower Power
08-01-2005, 09:17 PM
You can do it Gina. I know how hard it is to raise a little one. Maybe when your husband gets home he can take his turn with your 5 year old.
Since he is commenting he can sure HELP you to get some time~just for you~to help you feel better about yourself. It really helps me to clear my head, and helps me handle stress. I hopped on the gazelle for 30 minutes today...I can sure tell I was not on it for 2 weeks when I was gone. Back to sweating gang. Cindi

Flower Power
08-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Good going Ga Peach and Lynn...great way to start the month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cindi

TheNewChristy
08-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Did a little tae-bo, some dancing, and some crunches last night--day 1 down! :) Looks like everyone's doing a great job!!!

Flower Power
08-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Looks like you answered Billy's call and did great Christie. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!
Cindi

caprice
08-02-2005, 08:36 AM
:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

Great start to August!! One step at a time, one day at a time...........Keep it up Girls!!! :wave:

Betani
08-02-2005, 09:08 AM
I'd like to join if you'll have me :)

I've started getting up early to get my exercise instead of waiting until after work. It's been working pretty well so far, and I've been able to maintain 4 days per week. I really want to bump it up to 5!

Yesterday and today I've powerwalked 30 minutes each morning.

Flower Power
08-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Your very welcome to join us Betani! Sounds like your on the right track. You must tell me though what your quote at the bottom of your posts means. Inquiring Minds want to know!
One of my favorite quotes is "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!" Helps me alot with the large amount of weight I have to lose.
One meal at a time, One step at a time, One day at a time! Cindi

TheNewChristy
08-02-2005, 09:31 AM
I've started getting up early to get my exercise instead of waiting until after work. It's been working pretty well so far, and I've been able to maintain 4 days per week. I really want to bump it up to 5!

Welcome Betani! I think I would like to start working out in the AM too, but I'm afraid I won't have the energy for it because I am NOT a morning person. Are you a morning person, or are you having to struggle to do this? If it's a struggle, how in the world do you get yourself motivated to get up and get going??

TheNewChristy
08-02-2005, 09:34 AM
You must tell me though what your quote at the bottom of your posts means. Inquiring Minds want to know!

I think it's "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood." Is that right Betani?

Flower Power
08-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Pretty good Betani! One can find anything on the internet.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Good one! Cindi

Flower Power
08-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Christy you smarty you! I had to do research to find out. Cindi

Betani
08-02-2005, 10:05 AM
I never was a morning person in my life. I was a "sleep till 2pm" person. A little over a month ago I developed this kind of "To heck with it" frame of mind and set my alarm for 5:30 to see what would happen. I am completely amazed that I could do it for one day, let alone ever since. I love the extra time to get ready for work, too. I never got to eat a decent breakfast before because I was always rushing to get out the door.

It just goes to show that you never know until you try :)

And yes, you're right about the quote :)

Mabelle
08-02-2005, 10:35 AM
I need to get moving and hoping this forum will keep me accountable. So 30 minutes starts today (later, later....)

Flower Power
08-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Welcome Mabelle. We're a sweaty bunch here..but soon to be healthier! Cindi

Flower Power
08-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Maybelle where are you from in Kansas? I grew up in Great Bend, I was just there visiting family. Alot more humid than Nebraska. Cindi

Mabelle
08-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks all for the welcome and support. Cindi- I'm in Johnson County, outside of Kansas City. Yes, it is very hot and humid, which has been my lame excuse for not getting outside enough to exercise....

Flower Power
08-02-2005, 11:55 AM
NOT a lame excuse Maybelle that kind of heat and humidity can cause real health problems. Have to exercise inside or super early don't you. Cindi

carla49
08-02-2005, 12:49 PM
I went out early (for me) to a local gym, and did 20 min elliptical and 10 min rowing machine. It's going to be unbearably hot and humid here today, so I'm glad I can stay in in the AC from now on.

It's great to see all these new people posting! Welcome all.

Flower Power
08-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Glad to see that you are on the ball Carla..and already have your exercises done. You are way ahead of me. I still need to get out there and sweat! Off to the local fitness center. It is GREAT to have new people joining us, isn't it!!!!
Cindi

TheNewChristy
08-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Yep, it's definitely great to have additions to our crew!! Hopefully there will be a TON of us making this a super-successful August slam full of exercising!! :D

ballerina
08-02-2005, 03:40 PM
I would like to join the group. I need to be motivated. I have to exercise at night after my children go to bed. I don't have time in the morning. I haven't exercised in ages so I'm going to start walking.

Flower Power
08-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Welcome and Great to have you join us Annie! I was a confirmed couch potato for most of my life..but I love to walk now. Just start out slow. Increase alittle each day if you are totally out of practice. It will really make you feel good. Cindi

Ga Peach
08-02-2005, 06:16 PM
I got my exercise knocked out early today but I was so busy with yard work and house cleaning that I am just now having time to post it. I hate the fact that summer will be over soon. Soory ya'll but I am a the outdoory type that just loves early summer mornings outside. I love having the kids over for a late evening swims. I don't want to go back to school and work! :tantrum:

Flower Power
08-02-2005, 06:25 PM
I work at the school too Peach. Are you a teacher? I am what the kids call "the cooker lady". And I am certainly not ready to go back either. It starts here on the 19th. I can't wait to see all of those smiling fresh faces though. I miss them in the summer even though by May i am desperately in NEED of a break. Summer always goes tooooooo fast. Good job on the exercise! Cindi

caprice
08-02-2005, 11:10 PM
We are all on the right track now. :cheer:
Total for today:
85 minutes on the treadmill,
15 minutes on lower body

My downfall was always late night snacking....turn on a movie, put everyone to bed and raid the kitchen :nono: I am getting better at it, but it still tugs at me.

Have a great day Ladies, and thank you all for being here and for your input. It helps me very much. I look forward to getting in here to see what's going with everyone.... :listen:
:dance: Lynn

Mabelle
08-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Well, today was day one for me on the challenge and for the first time in almost two weeks I got myself out for a 30-minute moderate walk. Yup, it was still warm and humid at 8pm but not too bad. Hurray for accountability!

ballerina
08-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Yesterday was day one for me. I got outside at 8:30 PM and after 30 minutes of walking I felt great. I just hope I stay motivated enough to keep going. I always start out determined and then by week 3 or 4 I get so busy I just give up. I want this time to be different.

caprice
08-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Hello, Hello, Hello :wave:
I was at the gym at 6:00 this morning...did my40 minutes on the treadmill, :tread: and 15 ball crunches (ouch!!!!) I will go back tonight with DH for another 40 or 45 minutes on the treadmill and my upper body work out.
Everyone is doing so good, and we will continue. I don't know what happened to me and why I am so determined this time, but I am. I can see the future with a slimmer and healthier me, and I like it. :dance:
Have a great day ladies

Betani
08-03-2005, 10:03 AM
30 minute power walk this morning.

I'm trying to figure out a decent place to try jump roping, just to spice things up a bit. I don't want to do it on the concrete, but I'm in a second floor apartment, so doing it inside is a big no-no.

caprice
08-03-2005, 12:50 PM
:chin: Betani, maybe try jumping on some type of exercise mat? Don't know if that would help with the noise inside, but maybe help with the concrete?
good luck to you!!

2bthin4life
08-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Hello Ladies

I want to join in on the fun. I'm new at this weight loss thing. I started In March 2005 and I'm now down 20lbs. I've just had my gallbladder removed a week ago and I want to start off small. I think this challenge will be great for me getting back on track. I've read all the posts and the support here is just great. I need this now.

gina71, you said that you need to exercise, well I've found a great walk take sold only by avon by Leslie Sansome The Walk diet. On it you choose how many miles you want to walk, one mile walk is 15 mins or two miles is 30 mins. this gets the job done in the least amount of time & both are on the same tape or dvd.

Good LUCK to you and all of you on or August Successful Challenge.

TheNewChristy
08-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Well ladies I had every intention to get up at 5:30 this morning for Tae-Bo, but we're trying to take away the pacifier so you can imagine what my night was like...just couldn't drag myself up to get it done. :( I need to get in an hour of exercise tonight...hopefully I'll be able to go for a nice long walk. Check back later...

Ga Peach
08-03-2005, 09:52 PM
I got in 30 minutes of pilates and 45 minutes on my gazelle despite having one nasty headache.
Cindi, I don't work at a school any more (I once taught pre-k and worked in a special ed classroom). I am in nursing school now.
Well I think I will tuck in to bed early in hopes of awaking without this pounding headache.
Peach

Flower Power
08-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Hope you had a good walk Christy. Good job Peach on your exercise and it's particularily hard with a headache. Hope it goes away. One hour between yesterday and today...10 min on my gazelle and 50 min on the treadmill. I feel pooped and I'm off to bed too. Good Job all of you guys and welcome 2bthin4life...We're glad to have you join us. We're all here to help spur each other on..specially on those nights we just don't want to exercise. Night All. Cindi

caprice
08-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Last night 40 more on the treadmill, and upper body weights... :strong: and 15 more of the ball crunches. I am a little sore today, and what a great feeling that is!!! :cp:

christi...I remember those nights....hour or two of sleep here and there. I hope last night was better for the little one and for you too. :flow2:

Everyone is trying so hard, let's keep going girls, one day at time. We are going to be healthier and pretty hot too!!!! :flame:

I was at the gym at 6 this morning, did my 40 minutes on the treadmill.

Wish you all a wonderful day!! :dance:

TheNewChristy
08-04-2005, 08:29 AM
I got in a good hour of cleaning and laundry and such last night, but didn't get to go take my walk...maybe tonight. Didn't get tae-bo in this morning either b/c we're also trying to get the little one to sleep in his own room...boy am I sleepy...LOL... :dizzy:

Flower Power
08-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Christy cleaning and laundry are good sweaty jobs too dear. They are definitely exercise. Caprice last summer I was at our local track every morning at 5:30. Not sure why but this summer I can't seem to get up that early. But your doing great starting your day off with a bang. Good job all. Keep it up. We'll all be Lean, Mean Exercising Machines!!!!!!!! Cindi

Mabelle
08-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Hi All, I love reading the posts on this thread and I'm so impressed by how hard everyone is working! Day two on the challenge for me yesterday. I made it out for my walk about 8:30pm.....Until later, Mabelle.

Betani
08-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Yesterday I braved the "ozone action" day and snuck in another 20 minute walk at lunch time.

This morning, I got in my 30 minute power walk. I tried skipping rope on the grass, but the rope I have isn't adjustable, and I kept getting tangled up. I guess I'll have to save up for a better rope and a rubber mat!

caprice
08-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Great, Good, Fantastic, Way to go Girls!!!! :angel:
Flower :flow1: power, I kind of like getting up early now. It gives me time to work out, drink a little coffee and get ready for the day ahead. I just hope I can keep it up. :D
Good for you Mabell, two days on your way to a healthier you! :cp:
Betani, I know the ozone makes it hard to work out. We live in south Texas and it has been bad here all Summer. Thank goodness the gym is only 10 miles away, and my children are older so I can sneak away before and after work for awhile. I tried walking the track at the school, but the air was just too thick. Be careful!!! Good luck with the jumping too! :goodluck:

Have a great day :dance:

Ga Peach
08-04-2005, 07:10 PM
I got in 70 minutes on my gazelle today. I also swam about 20 laps in our pool!! I will be gone out of town on Sat.(rabbit show in South Carolina) and I will also be gone on Monday ( father in law is having surgery done). I will get in some sort of exercise but it will probably just be walking.
Peach

Flower Power
08-04-2005, 10:42 PM
We should all be proud of ourselves....We're doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up. 30 minutes gazelling today...Cindi

Mabelle
08-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Good job, everyone. I went walking for 30-minutes tonight while big clouds started to roll into Kansas City. The heat has broken a bit (but no rain). Everyone have fun tomorrow. - M

Betani
08-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Yesterday I snuck in another 30 minute walk during lunch, and this morning I power walked for 30 minutes again. That makes 5 days this week! Yay me!

The only problem with walking at lunch time is that I'm more prone to side cramps. At least I'm moving, though, even if I have to slow down.

I'm going out of town tomorrow until Tuesday, so I hope I can stick with the exercise in different surroundings!

Flower Power
08-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Betani Good Job. When I go out of town I try and go to the track at the local school unless it's too hot then maybe a fitness center..they don't charge much for a day or two. I didn't seem to manage it on my 2 week vacation though. Just relax and enjoy your visit~ too many things get in the way, and summer is almost over. It cooled down in Nebraska for a few days. 48 this am great day for a nice 30 min walk..Done for the day. Now to clean house and my yard for company. Have good days all. Cindi

Flower Power
08-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Way to go Maybelle. Good job exercising. I have a nephew in KC..I can't remember the name of the burb.. It does get hot and sticky doesn't it. Cindi

carla49
08-05-2005, 10:18 AM
I forgot to post yesterday. Went swimming for about 20 minutes, and then a hot, sweaty, before-bed walk (about 30 min.)

Cindi, I'm glad it's gettting cooler there. Yesterday we hit 109F with the humidity. And we're really not used to it.

Betani, have you tried breathing more deeply to avoid stitches in your side? Another theory (old runner's tale?) is to exhale sharply every second time you bring your left foot down until it goes away. Personally, I just dig my fingers into the site of the stitch (easier to do for those with a little extra padding around the middle :lol: ) and keep doing my run/walk.

Enjoy the day.

caprice
08-05-2005, 12:28 PM
:cb: Everyone is doing great, swimming, walking...whatever it is...you are taking steps toward your goal :bike:
I had a bad morning...woke up at 5:45, just didn't want to get out of bed. I even told myself that I had been so good, I deserved to let my body rest. I closed my eyes but something was nugging at me!! The next thing I realized I was was up getting dressed to go to the gym. First real obstical overcome :cp: I feel tired today, but much better than I would if Iwould have gone without my workout.

40 minutes on the treadmilly
no upper body, saveing that for tonight.

Have a great afternoon Girls.... :dance:

Ga Peach
08-05-2005, 04:22 PM
I got in 60 minutes on the elliptical today. I also got all the food shopping over with for the next 2 weeks. I have to go and pack my bag up for the bunny show tomorrow. I am going to try taking some pictures of the bunnies and their handlers when I have time between showing a few rabbits. Maybe I will have some cute candid shots to share with everyone after I get back.
Peach

psych_girl
08-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Hey everyone!! Wow, you girls are really inspiring me to get out there and get moving!! :D I know that I am a little late here, but I would love to join you in this challenge! I feel like I have gotten my eating habits under control and I know that I need to get moving now, too - if I am going to get back into the shape that I used to be! I injured my back about a year and a half ago, and it was too painful to get to the gym anymore. (Hence the weight gain, I ate to make myself feel better - I have always had weight issues, working out seems to be the only way for me to keep my weight in check.) It is finally starting to feel better and the workouts are not aggrevating my back the way that they used to... :^:

Today, I did 30 min. of step aerobics and I did upper body with free weights, and abs on the ball! Thanks so much for this thread... After seeing a picture of myself today and comparing it to what I looked like 3 years ago (on my profile in case you're curious) - I wanted to cry - instead, I moved my *** off the couch!! :lol:

Flower Power
08-06-2005, 01:24 AM
Welcome Psych_girl, we'd love to have you join us. Your doing great getting back in the moving groove. Glad to hear your back is better. Let's keep it up guys...We're doing it. One step at a time, one meal at a time, One day at a time.... Cindi

Betani
08-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Yesterday I got in another 30 minute walk at lunch time.

Today is going to be an off day, I think. I'm going out of town for a couple days for my Gramma's birthday party. If I can borrow a key while I'm there, I'll be able to get up early and exercise at the nearby park. Wish me luck! I'll be back late Tuesday or early Wednesday.

Mabelle
08-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Welcome psych_girl ! My back isn't what it used to be, so I started taking a water aerobics class a few months ago. Bouncing around in a swimming pool works up a sweat but doesn't hurt by back - especially if I sit around in the jacuzzi after class. Meanwhile....our pool is closed for maintenance until August 15, and I've been trying to walk more. Yesterday, I made 30 minutes. Today, mmmm...we roamed in the mall for about an hour and half but I would hardly call it a good walk. Tomorrow is another day, right?

Flower Power
08-07-2005, 07:25 AM
Good Sunday Morning all! Sounds like everyone is on the right track. I was at our local lake yesterday. First there was the half a mile walk down to the beach in deeeeeeeeeeep sand! Our lake is shrinking alot. Due to the drought and to the release of water for irrigation purposes. Then I played in the water for about an hour and then another walk back up in the sand. Lots of wonderful sun shine and good conversation with my nephew and his family. A nice way to get my exercise in. Guys were doing great. Let's keep it up!!!!! Cindi :)

TheNewChristy
08-07-2005, 09:46 AM
Hey all!! Sorry I haven't been on in a while...but, the good news is that I got in 5 HOURS of walking yesterday!! And today I'm going to go swimming as soon as the rain lets up. My eating was off this week, so I haven't lost anything but at least I haven't gained either! Looks like everyone's doing great--keep it up ladies!! :)

caprice
08-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Wow, seems like everyone is finding one way or another to get that work out in. Good Job!!! :cb:
My son had his first football scrimmage Friday night so I was only able to get in 40 min on the treadmill. Went to the gym yesterday and started my walking and my calf tightened up so much that I couldn't walk!!! DH was there and had me stretch it out, but I am wondering what happened. He thinks too much of an incline at too fast of speed???? thoughts girls??? :shrug:
So anyway, I only managed 15 min on the treadmill, 30 min on upper body weights, and 20 ball crunches. I missed the cardio, so I will go in today...normally my off day, but I just feel like I need it.
Have a great Sunday, and let's do it again this week!! :wl:

psych_girl
08-07-2005, 05:02 PM
I love this thread, everyone is so positive! :) The water aerobics sounds like it would be great for the back - thanks for the suggestion. Anyway, today I went to the gym and had a great workout! I did a full leg and butt routine on the weight machines, and then 30min of cardio on the eliptical - I feel great and very hopeful that I can get back into my old jeans by November!! :lol:

Flower Power
08-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Well ladies I took one of my two days off to visit with company and work in the garden today. I find if I try to exercise daily that I burn out. But 5 days a week is PERFECT. Good job all of you. We're on the right track. Cindi

libbysmom03
08-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Hey ladies...I'd love to join you..I started 2 1/2 weeks ago going to gym and working with a trainer. I workout 5 days a week-3 of those days with weights and 5 days of cardio. I'm curious to hear if any of you have seen results since you have been working out. I have gained a total of 6 lbs....GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! I will not give up though...I will keep going. I do think that I have seen some change in my thighs..maybe toning up a tad...but that is the only place. Just curious on your thoughts! Hope you don't mind me joining you!!

Flower Power
08-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Welcome Libbysmom. Great job on the exercises. I think it takes awhile before you notice much. Did you measure yourself? I didn't but I can tell by my cloths and I am just firmer all the way around. My energy level is much better and my stamina..and, in my case, my blood sugars love it when I exercise. I have been at it since my diagnosis 3-31-04. at least 5 days a week sometimes 7... I only fell off the wagon a few times when I was traveling or in rebellion. I was a TOTALLY confirmed couch potato for about 30 years. So it can be done. Cindi

TheNewChristy
08-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Well, I didn't get to swim yesterday because the rain never let up (it was one of those gulley-washers as we Southerners call it...LOL). :( It's supposed to rain today and tomorrow too, but hopefully I'll get to do some tae-bo or something inside. I have plenty of cleaning and laundry to do (AGAIN) though, so I'll at least get a little exercise doing that. I'm kind of bummed because I only lost 1/2 pound again this week, but to be honest I could have done much better than I did :^: ...but on the bright side I went shopping this weekend and was able to buy (and feel comfortable in!) size 14 pants!! WOO HOO! :D I was spilling out of my 16's when I started this weight loss journey, so I have probably actually lost 2 sizes. WOOT! :dizzy:

Looks like everyone else is staying on the exercise wagon...great job ladies!! :D

libbysmom03
08-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Cindi-Thanks for your response..I did measure myself about 2 weeks ago and thought I would wait a couple more weeks. You are doing so AWESOME!! I still cannot tell in my clothes, but like I said..I am only 2 1/2 weeks into it. I always quit 3-4 weeks into an exercise program b/c I don't see results. 4 years ago I began WW and did it 3 weeks and quit b/c I was exercising and following the plan to a T and no loss, even a tad gain, and the counselor just looked at me like I was an idiot. I got frustrated and quit and gained 15 lbs. I know that there is no way, if I continue at this pace, for my body not to change. I don't want quick results...I want results that will last. I will be patient and I will not give up this time. Congrats to you on your wonderful success!

Christy-I am where you started size wise-busting out of my 16's. Congrats to you on getting into those 14's! WEIGH TO GO!! How long have you been on your journey? What kind of plan do you follow??

TheNewChristy
08-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Christy-I am where you started size wise-busting out of my 16's. Congrats to you on getting into those 14's! WEIGH TO GO!! How long have you been on your journey? What kind of plan do you follow??

Thanks! :) I started on June 3rd this year, and have just been counting calories and getting in exercise whenever possible. I try to keep it between 1200-1500 calories/day, but there are some days that I go a little over. The main thing that has kept me on plan has been using frozen meals (the Healthy Choice/Lean Pocket/SmartOnes/etc. varieties), pre-portioned foods (like individually wrapped stuff), and not denying myself ANYTHING. If I have a craving for ice cream, I go get some Healthy Choice ice cream. If I want fast food I get a single cheeseburger and small fries with water or diet soda rather than a double bacon cheeseburger with large fries and sweet tea. I've just been watching my portions and calories and luckily haven't had a week of gain yet!! I wanted to be down 25 lbs by my b-day (tomorrow) but I'm 6 lbs off...but, 19 lbs in 2 months is still pretty good if you ask me!

psych_girl
08-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Hey everyone! Wow, everyone is doing so great! Welcome libbysmom, and don't get discouraged by the weight gain! You are absolutely right about your body having no choice but to cooperate EVENTUALLY. Remember that the body goes through a lot of changes when you first start exercising - glycogen causes water retention in the muscles for the first few weeks (but after that your body stops panicking and lets it go) and muscle weighs more than fat (of course we all know this by now, right? ;) ). The first few weeks are always the hardest, but the reward will come when your body has more lean muscle and turns into a fat burning machine! Keep up the positive attitude and hard work - you are doing great! :cheer:

Today I did 40 min. of step aerobics, and the diet is going very well still - yay!! :cp:

Flower Power
08-09-2005, 01:02 AM
Took Sunday and Monday off this week. Back to the schedule tomorrow. Your doing great ladies..Cindi

carla49
08-09-2005, 06:48 AM
I took Sunday off, but yesterday I spent a couple of hours swimming in an almost empty lake. Today is going to be very hot and humid again (so tired of saying that!!!), so if I get any exercise it will probably be back in a lake. Of course I really have to manage the sunscreen better, as I'm too old to be letting my shoulders and décolleté burn to a crisp. I could get dressed RIGHT NOW and go out for a good walk before it heats up - my big cat woke me up at 4:45 because he wanted some attention. I think he must be punishing me for being out of the house so much the last few days. But I am so not awake, and so tired still. Of course he's fast asleep now, secure in the knowledge of a job well done...

Greetings to our new posters, :wave: and hello to Cindi and Christie (nice new avatar!). I haven't left, just not always posting. ;)

libbysmom03
08-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Hey everyone! Thanks for the great Welcome! I met with trainer yesterday and we stepped it up a bit with the weight training...did back and shoulders yesterday and 30 min. of cardio. Today will do 45 min. of cardio. Feels good!!!

caprice
08-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Great job and sticking it out ladies!!! :dancer:
19 pounds is awsome!!! :dance: but the way you feel is even better, right?
I too was getting a little discouraged, this is week four and I haven't lost much of anything the last week. But to be honest, Sun and Mon I did a very bad thing!!! I made my son trailmix, with nuts, raisins, and m&m's. Well, I nibbled a few here and there.....put it in fit day and OH MY GOD!!!!! 1000 calories......couldn't believe it! I did do the cardio for 50 minutes yesterday, and already 50 min today, but oh my goodness!!! I feel just like I made a major booboo :rollpin:
I started today off right, and am determined to stay on track.
I refuse to quit!!!
You ladies are a constant inspiration, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :grouphug:
:dance:
Lynn

psych_girl
08-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Yay!! :flow1: :goodvibes: Another day, another great workout..! :wl: Today I did abs, back, and chest, along with 30min on the eliptical (sweated my butt off - i hope! :lol: ).

Caprice, don't worry about the weekend, unfortunately none of us can go back and fix the past - otherwise NONE of us would be here, right? :^: All you can do is start your day fresh (or the next hour sometimes), forgive yourself (harder to do than forgiving others for me!) and take one day at a time. Today is really ALL you have - don't beat yourself up over spilt milk..., as long as you keep up the hard work, it will all pay off :grouphug: :beach:

Betani
08-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Even though I was gone, I was able to get in a 30 minute walk every morning except Saturday. I was quite pleased with myself!

caprice
08-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Thank You psych girl!!! I needed that :cloud9:
Funny how we all know the correct way for this to work is to diet and work out, take it slowly one day at a time....but.....it's still easier to give that talk than live by it!!! :yikes:
I had a great day today, completely op. Did 60 min total cardio, abs, and leg weight training. No more overdoing it with the excercise. My DM made a homemade cake for the family and I had one bite...not one slice, one bite :bike:
Thank you girls again......
Caprice :dance:

caprice
08-10-2005, 08:30 AM
I feel fantastic this morning :cb:
I was up at 5 am and at the gym at 5:15. After 55 min of cardio (toned down due to some pain) I feel absolutely marvalous :dancer: I had been doing 40-45 min twice a day of intense cardio and my back pain lingered. So this week I slowed it down some, and made the workout longer. I still burned 300 calories, and worked up a good uhmmmm sweat. :spin:
and guess what?????? another pound gone!!! even after the horrible two days with the trail mix. I guess there is something to this excercise stuff afterall..... :flow2:
I hope you all have a great morning too!!! Thank you for your support ladies!!
caprice :dance:

Betani
08-10-2005, 09:31 AM
I feel back on track already :)

I got my 30 minute power walk this morning, and as long as it's not raining, I'll try for another at lunch.

libbysmom03
08-10-2005, 09:45 AM
Caprice..great job on another lb down!! Glad you aren't experiencing any more pain. 300 calories is great. I did 50 min cardio yesterday. 15 on bike, 20 on elliptical, and 15 on treadmill with incline...so I feel good about my workout yesterday. I will work with trainer today on legs. I weighed and am still the same this week..nothing down...total of 6 lbs gained in the 3 weeks I have been exercising...but my pants seem to feel a bit different. Maybe I am dreaming it..but they seem a little looser below the waist. Hmmm..maybe something is happening now??? Hope so!! I just feel so good! I got frustrated this morning when I got on the scale and my husband said "are you toning up? do you feel better? That is all that matters!" I guess he is right. I will take my measurments next week and I took photos as well in a swim suit..so that will be interesting to see if there is any change! Hope you all have a great day!!

Berlin
08-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Hello all!

First of all, I'd like to say that all of you wonderful ladies are such a great source inspiration. I've been struggling with my weight for half my life. Three years ago, I was married and a month later, pregnant. After the birth of my child, I've been unable to lose the additional 15lbs to my already overweight body.

So the first of this year I started SBD. It worked great - lost weight pretty fast. Alas, after 3 months I slowly started back to my old habits. The pounds slowly started creeping back and sure enough - I packed on a few extra to boot. I'm now at my heaviest ever at 152lbs. So back to gym I go.

It's been 3 years since I last set foot in a gym - yesterday was my first day back. Let me tell you - IT FELT GREAT! I'm so excited about working out again! My only big concern is that I have very limited time with my child,work, and commuting 2 hours a day - so they only time I have to schedule my workouts is during my lunch hour. From the time it takes for me to drive to the gym, change, and drive back to the office- it only leaves me with 30 minutes to work out.

I plan on working out at least 5 days a week. My only concern is 30 minutes doesn't seem to be near enough time to get into shape. But - a little it better than nothing!

Yesterday I did 17 minutes on the treadmill at a speed-waking rate. Sprinted for 5 of those 17 minutes. I completed one mile.

Today I'm gonna shot for 15min mile and 15 min. on the elliptical trainer.

Here are my stats:

Height: 5' (very small frame)
Current Weight: 152lb
Goal Weight: 105lb
Short-Term Goal: 130lb

caprice
08-10-2005, 05:17 PM
It is soooooo hot down here! close to 100 and the air is so thick that it's hard to breathe out there for very long. (Thank goodness for the cushy library job....)
Berlin, you are doing great already!!! Fitting it in when ever you can shows determination. Maybe thirty minutes at lunch and thirty minutes at night when the family is either busy or in bed?
Thanks Libbysmom! Your husband is right, it may not show up on the scale, but if your feeling better ......WAHOO!!!!! just let the diet and workouts do their job.......
I am just looking forward to the first time someone else notices, won't that be a confirmation? I have so much to lose though, that noone has noticed the 10 pounds yet :sumo: !!
I'm just going on and on and on and on......LOL
Have a great afternoon girls...I am off to the gym to get some weight training done....
:dance:

Ga Peach
08-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Hello ya'll,
Well I have returned from my travels. I managed to at least 30 minutes or more of walking in every day that I was gone from home!! :tread: Today I did 80 minutes on my gazelle. I also washed my furry babies. That was another few minutes of exercise. I had to chase them both down!!! They hate bath day. I find it very strange that they both love to go and get in the swimming pool with me but they run like mad when they see me get out their bath stuff!! It must have something to do with all of the hair drying and brushing that happens after the bath.
I was going to mow the lawn later this afternoon but it is pouring down rain. Looks like the ole lawn will have to wait until tomorrow :D !!! I think I am just going to lay on the couch and read my book all evening tonight :cloud9:
Peach

psych_girl
08-10-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm so excited about working out again! My only big concern is that I have very limited time with my child,work, and commuting 2 hours a day - so they only time I have to schedule my workouts is during my lunch hour. From the time it takes for me to drive to the gym, change, and drive back to the office- it only leaves me with 30 minutes to work out.

Hey, there Berlin! Welcome! :)

Just wanted to give you a quick suggestion about time... What about throwing that adorable child of yours into a stroller and taking her for a brisk walk?? Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak?? :dizzy:

I can relate to the old time crunch! :faint: I am in University full time (working on my honours degree this year) and I work, and I have a son, and I have a boyfriend... Whew! So trying to fit the gym in is a pain... But I suffered a severe back injury almost 2 years ago (after I stopped going to the gym because I was so busy) and believe me - that will make your life a lot harder than it was by trying to slip that time in for the gym!! I learned my lesson, and now that it is FINALLY not KILLING me (my back) everytime I workout - I am back at it diligently! You are doing the right thing by fitting it in where you can!! :) Don't give up, and see where you can take care of 2 things at once - maybe your child will love it, too!!!??? :hyper:

Flower Power
08-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Soooo sorry to be absent guys..but after my company left we had some problems with an organization that I was made president of only last thursday. And a pile of junk fell in my lap..and now I am really stressed about fixing it. and I haven't exercised for the last two days and boy have I been doing some stress munching. I haven't done that for a very long time. Things just closed in around me and I fell back in my old way of handeling life. But ladies I am back..I am not perfect and I know I will never be but I am going to get back on program tomorrow...Stress eating certainly hasn't helped the situation any. Back on track and thank you all for inspiring me to get it back together. What I should have done is post when I was about to stress eat so that you could help talk me out of it. Next time I will. Kick me in the butt or something ok ladies. Your all doing great. One day at a time. Cindi

TheNewChristy
08-11-2005, 08:46 AM
I know what you mean about the stress Cindi--but don't worry, it will get better! ((hugs)) :)

I've slacked the last couple of days, but I did get in a bunch of cruches, pushups, leg lifts, bicycles, etc. last night--probably a little over 1/2 hour worth. Hey, it's better than nothing right? :dizzy:

libbysmom03
08-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Cindi-I can totally relate about the stress eating...I am the same way...Glad you are back on track.
Berlin-Great advice....my little one loves to stroll! I should do more of that myself, especially on the weekends.
Ga Peach-Glad you are back from your travels...my daughter is the same way with the bath...LOL...she loves to swim but hates taking a bath...go figure?
Caprice-Where are you in TX? I am in Lake Charles, LA so I can total understand what you are talking about with the heat and humidity. We are just about in Texas!! We just moved here like 6 months ago so I am still trying to get used to it. I totally know what you mean about when people will notice the weight loss. Obviously they won't on my until I start loosing...but I look forward to that day!!

I worked with my trainer yesterday on weights and did lunges...uuuggghhh...I am so sore. Then he had me do 30 min cardio at 3.0 Incline..."briskly walking." I have one more free session with him and then I am going to purchase 10 sessions with him. He says that we will not go by the scale only my body fat and how my clothes fit. He had suggested that my hubby take pics of me in a swim suit when I started and so last night took more and compared. We both could see a slight difference in some areas. In the area on my back under my bra, my arms, and my booty was the same size, just more toned...so that right there was great incentive to keep going..plus the sight of me in a swim suit :). Ok enough rambling...just wanted to share my good news...oh and I peaked again on scale this morning and was down 2....maybe my body is finally letting go of the lbs. Hope you all have a great on plan and strong exercising day!! 45 min of cardio for me today!!

Betani
08-11-2005, 08:56 AM
I got in a second walk at lunchtime yesterday, but I didn't get out this morning. My husband woke up from nightmares at the time I would have gone out (his job has been very stressful lately), and I wanted to make sure he got back to sleep ok. Once I was sure of that, I'd missed my window of opportunity, so I did some housework instead. I intend to get out at lunch time today, and hopefully I'll either walk or do a video after work tonight.

Berlin
08-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks, caprice and psych_girl, for the words on encouragement and the advice on how to squeeze in some more exercise. I'll surely gonna do my best to get some more in.

Right now, my morning starts at 4:30am. I get up, shower, eat my high-fiber cereal, make-up, hair, get DD up and ready to go, and I'm out the door at 6:30am on my way to daycare and work.

Work out during my lunch hour as much as possible!

Leave the office at 4:30pm and get home at 5:30pm to start dinner (waiting for DH to get home). By the time we eat and give DD her bath it's 7:00pm. At that point I'm worn out! I usually do some house chores (laundry and such), clean up for bed, and then it's off to bed I go at 9:00pm to start the day all over again.

I know working out will give me more energy - so I'm hoping that by next week I'll be able to push myself to 9:30pm, maybe 10:00pm and do some sit-ups/push-ups before bed. It's just getting that energy. :^:

Today, my plan is to treadmill for 15 mins., elliptical for 15 mins (that thing is brutal!), 50 sit-ups, 3X of bicep curls.

Friday I meet with my trainer for body assessment :o and to discuss my goals.

Well, have a good day all!

caprice
08-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Great job on fitting the workout in psych girl and Berlin! :cp:
I admire you very much fitting the workout, housework,kids hubby/boyfriend,work,school,commute, bath,and sleep into every day. Sounds pretty darn good when you list it all like that! Who ever said women are the weaker sex???! :jig:
Hi Cindi, I can relate to your few days,( just had a few of those myself). I am fortunate in that I don't stress munch or emotional munch...I just love all of the things that are so bad for me...and over indulge. You will get thru this, and be better equipped next time. I am so happy that you saw it, and are dealing with it. That is how we will make it to our goals :flow2:

keep up the good work and the struggle, it's worth it.
My workout this morning was 55 min on the treadmill, and my ball crunches.

libbysmom03
08-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Berlin-I understand where you are coming from. Although I do not get up as early, I have a similar schedule: Get up at 6:00 get DD up at 6:45. My hubby takes her to school..I'm at work at 7:30-4:30. I then go to gym. I workout until about 6:00. Go get DD, get home about 6:30. Cook dinner, get DD bathed and into bed by 8:15. I have just tried to do easy quick low fat dinners that I can either warm up or have ready when I get home. That way dinner is not so late. This is the only time I have to workout-so I just decided that was the way it was going to have to be. Good luck with your trainer...I am loving mine!!!

Ga Peach
08-11-2005, 05:16 PM
I got in a 30 minute power walk and I did 25 sit-ups. I also raked the lawn for about 20 minutes!!
Peach

Betani
08-12-2005, 09:01 AM
Yesterday, I finally got in 60 minutes of power walking when the rain stopped.

I got in 30 minutes this morning, and hopefully another 30 minutes at lunch, barring rain.

I've really got to get in strength training. I've been neglecting my stability ball lately, so hopefully I can work out on that after work.

I'm sounding a little ambitious. I doubt I'll do it all, but at least I got my 30 minutes!

libbysmom03
08-12-2005, 09:09 AM
I did 45 min of painful cardio yesterday. I am still so sore from working with trainer on Wed. I work with him again today on upper body. Oh lordy...now I am not going to be able to move at all!!

caprice
08-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Wow, I would love to have one of those.....I see them at the gym with thier clients and they push them really hard. Right now I just do it on my own, but will consider one when DH gets used to the gym membership...LOL.
55 min cardio this morning, will do upper body tonight.
Have a great weekend girls and keep up the good work!!!

libbysmom03
08-12-2005, 04:32 PM
Great job Caprice...I think the biggest thing about my trainer is accountability and he wants it almost as badly as I do...meaning for me to lose the weight. He takes it very seriously. I'm just so scared that I am going to continue and the weight won't come off. I mean what if you did this day in and day out and the weight never came off? What do you do different at that point? I know by past experience that I cannot deprive myself and stay on track. I just have to believe that it will happen.

Ga Peach
08-12-2005, 08:55 PM
I got in a 30 minute power walk today. I jogged some of the straight part of my path. I think tomorrow I will try to jog some more!
Peach

Flower Power
08-12-2005, 09:32 PM
OK Guys......I am Back In Business....30 minutes tonight on the treadmill.YYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so easy when you let it go for more than a few days to just forget it...But I dooooo feel better. Your all doing GREAT...Keep it up ...You inspire me..Cindi

caprice
08-13-2005, 08:50 AM
And I work on Saturdays :fr:
Libbysmom, stick with it.....please don't get discouraged even if you go a few weeks with no weight loss. We all have heard others say that if you keep doing good things with your body, good things will happen. It can't help it, excercise and good eating will result in a healthier, happier you. (This motivation is for me as well as you ) :drill: I think about it everyday, most of the day and dream my thin dreams at night. We can't give up, ok???? :dancer:
I am reading "Diary of a Fat Housewife" right now, (work in a library), and it is one of the funniest and saddest books I have ever read. It shows the daily battle of weightloss for a woman with food addictions. One day she weighs 267, a few months later she's down to 199, weeks later she's back up to 230.....and so on. The point is she falls off and gets right back on but it's taking her years....I don't want to do that. So.....stay motivated, and pay close attention to how much better you feel. By the way, have you taken your measurements? I did it Tuesday, and will check it on next Tuesday.
Have a great weekend Girls.....We are going to do it....

psych_girl
08-13-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm just so scared that I am going to continue and the weight won't come off. I mean what if you did this day in and day out and the weight never came off? What do you do different at that point? I know by past experience that I cannot deprive myself and stay on track. I just have to believe that it will happen.

Well, I have the perfect news to make you feel hopeful and better (I hope). I actually GAINED a pound this week, and was starting to feel a little frustrated by my "lack of progress" - but this morning I dicovered that the rolls of fat that were on my back - ARE ALMOST ENTIRELY GONE!!! One small step - because I did not feel it in the rest of my clothes or anything, but now I am assured that the exercising is getting rid of the fat whether I see it on the scale or not. I know that my body is gaining muscle and just "gearing up" for the weight loss to come. :sumo:

Don't get discouraged!! :cheer: We are all here to be each other's cheering section and I know that if you keep it up - it WILL happen. Right now, try and focus on your HEALTH instead of weight loss (very hard to do, i know!!) but remember that there are a million benefits from exercise for your body and mind besides just weight loss! Keep concentrating on proper nutrition and keep working out - it will happen!! :goodvibes YOU CAN DO IT!!! :hyper:

Update: Just finished my workout today... :wl: Did upper body resistance training (increased my weight today) and 30 minutes of step aerobics!! Feelin' mighty good... :sunny:

sugarbutt
08-13-2005, 08:01 PM
This is my first time to this forum.. i started my diet about 3 months ago... with a about a month break of eating whatever i wanted.. but i like to come and be apart of this tread and get advice cause i am kinda just winging it.. dont really know what to do... i am eating right with a 1200 cal a day diet.. with 30 to 2 hours of exercise a day... starting monday the 15th of aug i am goin start walking a mile and a half a day my goal is to be able to run or fast jog the 3 mile track near my hourse...

Betani
08-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Yesterday I worked out on my stability ball for 30 minutes and then did a 10 minute stretching routine from the Tamilee DVD. Today was a rest day because I don't remember the last time I was this stiff!

That makes 6 days this week! I'm proud of myself!

Betani
08-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Got in my first 30 minute power walk this morning. Weather permitting, another at lunch time, and tonight is stability ball night.

caprice
08-15-2005, 09:25 AM
Hello Ladies!!
Good job Betani :cb:
I worked out Saturday for twenty minutes at the gym that makes 6 days and 10 workouts!!
Sundays I let my body rest, but yesterday I decided to start painting the exterior of the house....I really got a work out, and my arm is a little sore. :strong:

TOM is just around the corner so no weight change, retaining water, feeling a little B****y , and really want a pound of chocolate covered peanuts!!! :tantrum:
Have a good Monday ladies.

psych_girl
08-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Hello everyone! :wave:

Great work and congratulations to everyone for staying so committed!! :cp: :cb:

Good news!! I have finally seen the scale move in the downward position for the first time in about two weeks!!! I am now down another 2 lbs. I am feeling pretty enthusiastic and more determined than ever! :hyper:

Today, I did a full leg and butt workout on the machines at the gym, and then 30 min on the eliptical!! :goodscale

Keep up the effort girls - WE CAN DO IT!!! :cheer:

hollybelle
08-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Hi Ladies!!
Thought I might join you on this thread…I’ve been working out 7 days a week for the month of August, so I thought this was a perfect place to post!! Usually, I’ve been doing 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and then about 20 minutes of weights. I’ve incorporated the exercise ball and I’ve really noticed a huge difference in my abs and butt!!

TOM is right around the corner for me too. Darn that chocolate!! Why must it taunt me during this time of weakness??

Well, keep up the great work!!

libbysmom03
08-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks you guys so much for the encouragement!! You are all so awesome! It really means a lot. Psych Girl...so nice to know someone else is facing some of the same issues as me...great job on toning up!!
Friday I worked out with trainer and did upper body and then 30 min of cardio doing some jogging as well as elliptical. Haven't jogged in a long time. Trainer wants me adding 30 min. of cardio a 6th day before I eat breakfast...so got up Sat. AM and walked 30 min. Took Sunday off and today will be back with Trainer to do back and shoulders.
TOM is supposed to be coming for me too..7days late though and NO not pregnant. Maybe its the exercise?? This is the first month for me to exercise. I was down a lb. this week. Now I have 5 more to lose to get back to my starting weight when I began exercising. I will not give up...you guys are right..if anything doing it for my health is huge!!
Hope you all have a great day!!

Ga Peach
08-15-2005, 08:07 PM
I did my 70 minutes on my gazelle this morning. My daughter and I then went out for an entire day of shopping!! We were gone from 9am to 5pm. We walked our butts off...I hope ;) .
Peach

libbysmom03
08-16-2005, 08:56 AM
WOW Peach-70 min. that is awesome!! I got a booty kicking from my trainer last night. It was the first "paying" session I had with him. WHEW! I did 30 min. cardio with some jogging on the treadmill and then we did back and shoulders. I really struggled with the last 2 exercises. Then we did ab work on the ball and did leg lifts where you are laying on your back and you lift your legs and pull your knees up and them legs straight up in the air. Did that for a full min. without touching the ground, twice. Then legs straight out and slow bicycle like moves....1 min. without touching ground-twice. He even said that I impressed him...so that made me feel good. I am leaving for the beach Wed. afternoon so we are going to meet again today. I am so worried about not having a gym for 5 days...I'm thinking that I will just power walk on the beach for 30-45 min each day. I peaked at scale and was down 3 lbs this morning..but not getting too excited....we'll see. Clothes are definately fitting much better. YEA SOME PROGRESS!!!
Hope you all have a great Tuesday!!
Marcie

Betani
08-16-2005, 09:02 AM
Yesterday, I got in my 30 minute lunchtime walk, and last night I worked out on my stability ball for 40 minutes.

This morning I got my 30 minute power walk in.

Flower Power
08-16-2005, 09:11 AM
Not doing nearly as well as all of you. My son and I have decided to move.From Nebraska to Kansas (my old home town) probably not until next summer but we are going to have a garage sale in 2 weeks and have been busy getting ready for it. I work at the school and it starts on Friday..and the arts council that I am a member of is having a big concert in the park on saturday. I have also had a realtor come and visit about selling the house..it's been a busy couple of weeks. It seems like when I get done working I remember that I haven't done any intentional exercise but surely all of this stuff counts for something. If you don't hear from me for awhile you'll know whats up. Keep up the GREAT job all of you...One meal at a time..one step at a time, and One day at a time. Cindi

caprice
08-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Congrads Psychgirl!!!!! :cheer:
I did get to the gym yesterday and did my 70 min on treadmill (50 am and 20 pm) and got my upper body weights done. This morning was 60 min on the treadmill, and I feel great. I was really feeling the TOM this morning and after the work out, I felt so much better.
Hopefully I will see a little loss in a few days, I am just so bloated right now. I tend to retain alot of fluid during the first few days.
Keep it up girls.....great job on keeping eachother pumped up..I know it helps me.

Ga Peach
08-16-2005, 09:07 PM
I got in a 45 minute walk/jog this morning at 6:30 am while it was still nice and cool here. Once again my daugther and I had another whole day of shopping!!! So I pretty much did nothing but walk all day today!!
Those blasted scales are mine just have to be broken....they have not moved in a whole month ( I guess that is not a true statement....they have moved up a few pounds, then back down again)! I seem to be stuck at this current weight. But I guess that is just the way things are to be for awhile.
Peach

Betani
08-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Yesterday I got in my 30 minute lunchtime walk, and this morning I got my 30 minute power walk.

Hopefully another walk at lunch today, and tonight is stability ball night, if I can keep up my discipline.

libbysmom03
08-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Great job you guys...everyone is really working hard. Yesterday I did 30 min cardio and then worked with trainer on legs and arms b/c I am leaving to go on vacation today. I can't walk again today, but I guess that is what I pay him for. Scale went back up a couple of pounds this am...oh well not worried...gonna keep on going.

Great job everyone!

Ga Peach
08-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Well today was another all day long day of shopping!!!! I didn't do any type of work out yet today and I don't know if I will or not. I may do some sit up or push ups later tonight.
I bet ya'll are wondering why I have been doing so much shopping? I have an on camera interview with PBS next Thursday and of course I can't find a thing to wear!!!!! Everything that I have seen this week has been either to young looking (too much skin showing!!!!) or too old looking (big giant flowers!!!) Of course all of my clothes that hanging in my closet are way too big for me to wear. I also seem to be missing the fashion gene!!! I suck at picking out clothes. I wish I had a personal shopper to pick out my clothes. I will probably just wear a nice shirt and a black pair of pants for this thing.
Peach

Betani
08-18-2005, 08:47 AM
Well, I didn't do the stablity ball last night, but I did get in a second walk at lunch.

Got my 30 min power walk in this morning, but I did NOT want to do it. I'm just losing motivation for some reason. It didn't even make me feel better afterwards like it usually does. Maybe I'm just moody.

Summersweety
08-18-2005, 09:00 AM
HI, I'm new here, I did 40 minutes on my gazelle on tuesday, but only 20 yesterday. I'm on my why up to do some now. Does running up to my bedroom on the third floor 20 times a day count as exercise?!

caprice
08-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Hello Summer, yes it counts...LOL.
I did 50 minutes this morning on the treadmill.
Guess what I did that's even better though! My family just had to have pizza Tuesday night.....I assured DH that it was ok, and proceeded to make me a salad. When the pizza got here, it smelled so yummy that I just knew I would give in and have one (pizza not slice...) :hungry: But I didn't!!! I ate the salad and 2 hot wings. That was one battle won girls. And another thing...I got on the scale this am and 3lbs down!!!! (not too surpriseing since TOM is almost over).
Hope you are all haveing a great day, and keeping up the workouts..... :strong:

Berlin
08-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Hello all!

Well, it's been a bit over a week (a week and 2 days to be exact!) and I'm down 4lbs! I'm so happy! My biggest challenge now is keeping myself motivated. I'm hitting the gym 5 days a week and haven't missed a day! I can't wait to see what the next few weeks bring!

I've set myself a goal to lose 2 lbs. a week, which, according to my trainer is a good goal. I'm a bit concerned that the bar is set kinda high but I'm gonna give it all I got to reach my mini goal of 130 in 12 weeks!

Caprice - My husband and I order pizza without cheese, which is really where a lot of the calories and fat is and it's really very good! Our pizza of choice is thin wheat crust with chicken, olives, tomatoes, and japs (hold the cheese!) Mmmm- yummy!

Ga Peach
08-18-2005, 08:27 PM
I got in another whole day of shopping today. I found a very cute suit to wear for my interview :bravo:! I had to buy a size 12 :bravo: because the 14 was kinda baggy.
I also did a short 35 minutes on my gazelle tonight.
All in all it has been an awesome day!!!!
Peach

Den@
08-18-2005, 08:59 PM
I hope it's not too late to join all of you. You have really inspired me this morning to do a workout that was on TV. I worked out for 30 minutes today. This is the start of getting back into shape... a little at a time. Hope to continue tomorrow.
Thanks, Dena

Betani
08-19-2005, 08:58 AM
I only got 15 minutes of my lunchtime walk yesterday because it started thundering. I did, however, go on a historic walking tour at night, and use my stability ball for 40 minutes at night.

I got my power walk in this morning, and felt pretty good about it.

caprice
08-19-2005, 10:12 AM
It's Friday, Wahoo!!!! :cb:
Did 55 min on the treadmill this am and 20 min on upper body weights.
That pizza doesn't sound half bad. I have learned that a sandwich without cheese and mayo, (add mustard and strawberries) is very tasty too. :hun:
Keep it up girls and have a great weekend!! :bike:

Den@
08-19-2005, 11:18 AM
I did a 30 minute video this morning. I am feeling much better these last few days. You gals are really a good influence. It doesn't seem so bad when you know others are exercising, too. Hope to walk later.
See ya, Dena

Summersweety
08-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Well, after doing lot's of housework yesterday (didn't know how white my fridge really was after taking everything off of it!) I didn't get on my gazelle, but just did 22 minutes and will do 20 more later.
Does anyone have a really good trusty scale? Mine changes depending on where you step on it. It drives me crazy!!

Den@
08-20-2005, 04:59 PM
30 minutes on the treadmill! Yay!
Have a great weekend!
Dena

Betani
08-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Hoo, boy! Today was DVD day. I did a 60 minute Leslie Sansone DVD, and a 45 minute stability ball DVD. I'm beat!

Flower Power
08-22-2005, 01:31 AM
5 hours in the yard yesterday and 6 today. Hoeing and pulling weeds and getting my yard ready for the pictures the realtor will take tomorrow. It looks beautiful..everything is blooming and we are eating grapes from our backyard. In so many ways I don't want to leave here but in lots of ways this will be a fresh new start and a new adventure. One thing that we all know is that nothing stays the same..Life is ever changing..and thats good. Keep up the great work all of you...Cindi

Betani
08-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Yesterday was a rest day, but I'm back at it today with a 30 minute power walk so far.

Six days last week. Huzzah!

libbysmom03
08-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Hey everyone! Just got back from the beach and am feeling sooo guilty..not a lick of cardio. That means I took off 5 days..ouch! But back at it today..meeting with trainer this afternoon for back and shoulders. Sounds like you all have been working hard! Great job!!
Peach-What is it you do? My husband is in the media...I was wondering if you are as well. Congrats on the baggy 14 and the new size 12!! WOOHOO!
Berlin-You are doing so awesome! Congrats! What all does your trainer have you do??

Gotta get right back on track now and get some of this weight off!!! ITS TIME!! Things should start kicking in now.

Ga Peach
08-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Hello everyone! I just stopped by to post for a minute. Nursing school started back up for me today so I am sort of tired tonight. I did put in 30 minutes on the stairmaster today at school then when I got home I did another 40 minutes on my gazelle. So I did pretty well today.
For Libbysmom, I am not in the media. I am just a lowly nursing student and I am a founder of a program here at our local children's hospital that gives support to parents of child who are having day surgery done. The upcoming on camera interview is about my program that I started for a class project.
Peach

Summersweety
08-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Everyone is doing so well. I did tons of yardwork on Sunday and then felt sort of sick yesterday, so it is back on the gazelle today.

Ga Peach: do you have just the basic video for your gazelle, the more advanced one, or do you just do it on your own? I have a very basic video, but there is another one I could buy, although I think the time goes by faster if I just do my own routine while watching TV. Just curious.

Berlin
08-23-2005, 11:25 AM
Hey guys!

Well, just had my weigh-in this morning and I've reached my goal of 2lbs. this week! Woohoo! :D

I'm also happy to say that I LOVE going to they gym now! Who knew that I could enjoy working out like I do! I guess now that I'm starting to see some real progress and my energy has increased 10X it's really an incentive to keep on going!

Let's keep it up!

HAVE A GOOD ONE!

Betani
08-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Adding to yesterday= 45 minute brisk walk at lunch, and 30 minutes with dumbells on the stability ball.

This morning, 40 minutes with Leslie Sansone.

libbysmom03
08-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Peach-What a great job you have! Congrats on the on camera interview! You will look great!
Great Job Berlin on your loss! 2 lbs is awesome!
Betani-You go girl! You are doing awesome!

I worked with trainer yesterday and then did 30 min cardio. Not too sore today...guess my muscles are beginning to get used to it. I did feel like my pants may be a tad looser today. I haven't stepped on a scale in a week...since I was at the beach I couldn't and then I didn't want to when I got back. I may peak tomorrow. Just don't want to get down if it hasn't moved. I am doing so well going to the gym and working with the trainer...just don't want to get down if the scale hasn't moved. We are testing my body fat on Wed. That will be the real tell-tale-I know last year at this time it was 38% so I will at least have something to compare it to and then we will take it again in a month. Hope you all have a great day today!!

caprice
08-23-2005, 01:57 PM
THAT IS AWSOME GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:
Pounds gone, getting the workouts in :wl: .....we are just doing all the good.
I haven't been on line in a few days, but have been keeping up.....60 min cardio Monday, upper body weights....55 min cardio today......
I too love going to the gym.....can't believe I put it off for so long. I wore two outfits this weekend that I haven't been able to wear in over a year. Not that much in pounds, but the clothes test is even better!!!! I am still patting myself on the back.....LOL :cp:
Have a great day ladies,
Lynn :dance:

Ga Peach
08-23-2005, 11:37 PM
I got in a 30 minute gymn workout today on the new air trainer! It kicked my tail. I still have a ton of paperwork to do before my clinical time at the hospital tomorrow. So see ya'll later.
Peach
Oh by the way Summer, I just do my own thing while I use my gazelle at home. I normally just turn on the TV and start strolling :ebike: .

Betani
08-24-2005, 08:48 AM
I never thought this was possible... I think I'm actually forming a habitual routine! *knock on all wood I can find* *cross all fingers and toes* (I hope I haven't just jinxed it...)

Yesterday I got in a 40 minute walk at lunchtime, and 30 minutes lunges, squats and legwork on the stability ball.

This morning so far, I got 40 minutes in with Leslie Sansone.

Den@
08-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Sorry I haven't posted for a few days. But my hubby and I were on a mini vacation. Of course, we did tons of walking, and I actually lost a couple of pounds! Now today it's back to reality. I expect to go to the gym today, so I'll post about that later.

Hope you all had a great weekend.
Dena

Summersweety
08-24-2005, 01:38 PM
40 Minutes on Gazelle yesterday, today I am going to try the Firm video with the step thingy. I need to get into a better routine. Now I just go and exercise when I feel like it, but starting Monday I start back to work so I need to figure out the best time to exercise. At least the Gazelle is quiet enough to do while my husband is still sleeping.

Does anyone have a favorite scale? I need a new one.

Ga Peach
08-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Whew!! I got all my paper work finished and sent in to Prof. I got on my gazelle for 80 minutes already today. I think it is about my nap time now.
Peach

Betani
08-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Adding to yesterday- 40 minute lunchtime brisk walk, and 25 minutes ab work on the stability ball at night.

This morning so far, 40 minutes Walkaerobics.

libbysmom03
08-25-2005, 05:04 PM
I did weight training on legs yesterday and 30 min of cardio...going to do 45 min cardio today. Checked body fat-33%-Trainer says we need to get down to 20-25%. At this time last year I was 38% so the exercising must be working even though I am losing lbs.

Ga Peach
08-25-2005, 07:51 PM
I got in 60 minutes on my gazelle today.
Peach

libbysmom03
08-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Did 45 min cardio yesterday...Ladies...I'm just curious...what kind of plan are you all following? Are you just counting calories, low carb, etc?? I'm trying to count calories but its the evening dinner time that gets me....I try and do something quick for the family and end up not eating as good as I would like.
I know we come here to post our exercise but I was just interested in what kind of plan everyone is following!

Den@
08-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Yesterday I did a 30 minute video in the morning and I went on the treadmill for 30 minutes in the afternoon. I still have to work out today. I will.

Libby, I do a lower carb version of weight watchers. Basically, I eat 3 meals a day, watch my carbs and fats.

See ya, Dena

Betani
08-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Yesterday I got in another 40 minute walk at lunch time, but I started feeling bad last night, so nothing last night, or probably all day today either.

Libbysmom03- I started out with Weight Watchers, which got me through losing my first 20 pounds. I've since switched to straight calorie counting, but I still use the WW points as a guide to keep fat in check and fiber in mind.

caprice
08-26-2005, 01:55 PM
I just love this time of year! It means things are going to cool down soon and we can enjoy the high school football games. I went to my son's first one last night, and it was hotter than hadies!!! But the cool is comeing.
55 min wed afternoon on treadmill and 20 min weights, 65 minutes yesterday on the treadmill. (will go this afternoon for 65 min and weights). Girls, my clothes are fitting so much better!!! I have a closet of things to choose from now. I refused to buy bigger sizes for the last six months, and have only been wearing stretchy things. Now I can wear real clothes!! Wahoo!!!!
Have a great weekend girls!!

caprice
08-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Libby,
I count calories and fat with fit day. I eat nothing processed if I can help it, and try to keep the fat to minimum and the protein to a maximum. Basicaly I eat lots of veggies, fruit, whole wheat bread, chicken, tuna, an egg here and there, cottage cheese, etc.... and no sugar. I try to eat a good breakfast, mid morning snack, good lunch, afternoon snack, and early dinner. 1200-1400 calories is my goal....closer to 1400 but never under 1200.
caprice

libbysmom03
08-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Caprice-Where in TX do you live?? I am in Lake Charles, LA-just right there beside TX and I know what you mean about the heat and FOOTBALL!!! WOOHOO!

So your typical day would be what menu wise??

I'm so happy for you about your clothes...I can't wait for that day to come! I so want things to start loosening up a bit. Someone told me today that she could tell I was losing...but I don't see how...scale not moving and clothes pretty much the same. Oh well...I took the compiment though...felt good.

Betani-I was thinking about joining WW to get me going. I like the idea of the support and weigh in...I did WW once before and quit after a month b/c I was not losing..but I was exercising and like this time around...no weight loss either. I think my body just reacts differently and it just may take a while for it to start letting go of the weight. I just want to see results soooo badly!!

Great job ladies...your exercise is AWESOME!!!

Ga Peach
08-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Hello everyone
I have worked my tail off today (I hope). I got in my 3 miles walk/run early this morning before it got too hot. I came home and shampooed all the carpet in the house (two-story house with lots of carpet) and then I made a Walmart run. I plan on doing a small workout on my gazelle tonight if my energy level holds out.
Peach

Betani
08-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Well, I was under the weather over the weekend, but I did manage to squeeze in 5 days worth of exercise, by virtue of some vigorous housework yesterday.

Today so far, 40 minutes walkaerobics this morning, and a 40 minute brisk walk at lunch time.

caprice
08-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Wow, what a storm!! I feel so for those poor people, please know you are in my prayers.
I managed to get 55 min treadmill yesterday and 65 this morning....
Libby, I live south of Houston and we visit Lake Charles pretty frequently (casino junkies). My normal day consists of: two slices of seven grain bread with fat free butter spray, sometimes I add a poached egg for protein, Lunch could be a good salad, or a sandwich with low fat lunch meat, leftover chicken, lots of greens and veggies, or a baked potatoe with fat free sour cream and fat free butter spray. Dinner could be a salad, baked chicken, and frozen veggies, or a variation of the lunch and dinner.....always have two snacks..one in the morning and one in the late afternoon....an apple with fat free vinegrette dressing, strawberries with cottage cheese, etc.... I am never hungry....honest!! I also do not eat after 8pm.
My weight loss is coming slowly, but it's comeing. And yours will start to show...just don't give up, and look ahead......

Betani
08-30-2005, 08:55 AM
Sniffly and stuffy, I'm still getting back on track. Adding to yesterday, 40 minute brisk walk at lunch, and 30 minutes with dumbells at night.

This morning, 40 minutes Walkaerobics again.

libbysmom03
08-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Hey ladies...did not get my cardio in yesterday. I was exhausted. Since my husband works in the news he had to go in Sunday morning to get ready for Katrina. He finally came home last night at 5:00 p.m. I was up all Sunday night not able to sleep, concerned about the storm. Although we are 3 hrs from New Orleans I was worried for the folks there. As I suppose I should have been. My thoughts and prayers go out to folks in New Orleans, Mississippi, and Alabama. SO SO Sad.
Caprice-That is funny that you come here often. Have you been to the new casino here? We went Sat. night and it is awesome. Well I decided to join WW on Sat. I went and joined with a girl I work with and we are doing it together. I started yesterday and so far so good. I am really liking it. I am ready to get back to the gym today. I did go to the gym on Sat. to make it 5 days of cardio last week. I missed last Tuesday so I made it up on Sat. but didn't do anything on Sunday. I really am trying to get in 6 days. I work out with trainer today. We will do back and shoulders. I need to have a really strong work out today. I am in withdrawls since I have been off for 2 days. I guess that is a good thing huh?
Betani-I just noticed your goals you have set for yourself. Is that 525 min of cardio and 504 oz of water? I was just being nosey :)
Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Betani
08-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Hi, Libbysmom

The minutes is total for exercise, both cardio and strength training. And the water is ounces. It's something we're doing in the Habit Formers Challenge over in the challenge forum. Check it out sometime!

Ga Peach
08-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Hello all,
This is just a quick posting . I didn't get in my normal amount of exercise today because I had my ICU rotation today but I know that I at least walked for an hour today. I will try to do something tonight before I go to bed. I have a paper that is due in a few hours so I had better get it finished.
There is nothing like working under pressure!!! :eek:
Peach

Betani
08-31-2005, 08:52 AM
Adding to yesterday, 40 minutes brisk walking at lunch, 30 minutes legwork on the stability ball at night.

This morning, 40 minutes Walkaerobics.

Berlin
08-31-2005, 03:16 PM
So I weighed-in yesterday...to my surprise - I've gained 2lbs. :( I really don't understand why. I've been working out - hard - 5 days a week. I've been eating right....where in the world did these 2lbs come from?

Y'know what....now that I think about it....for the last couple of weeks I've been eating a Jack in the Box Chicken Club salad with my own fat-free dressing. I wonder how much calories and fat the salad has? I have been eating the crutons and the bacon bits. I wonder.....

I'm very upset about this. I really pushed myself last week to burn at least 400 calories per workout AND do weights.

BUMMED....

libbysmom03
08-31-2005, 04:23 PM
Berlin-Don't get frustrated...you will probably be down 4 next week...the chick salad may have something to do with it if it is something new you have been eating. I'll be anxious to see your next weigh in!

Did chest and back yesterday-Trainer was sick-did 35 min of cardio-Meet with trainer today for legs-Probably won't be able to walk tomorrow :)

Ga Peach
08-31-2005, 07:58 PM
I did 80 minutes on my gazelle today and once again I am working on paperwork that has to be turned in tomorrow before my 8 am class.
Peach