Support Groups - Back To Basics - August

View Full Version : Back To Basics - August

Roxymom
08-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Welcome to a new month! Can you believe it's August already?!? It's a new month and a new start.

I had a really good weekend. Got lots of things done around the house, exercised and watched what I ate. I lost the 2 pounds I gained while on vacation!

Today I plan on walking at noon and going to the gym after work. I had a bowl of Kashi Heart to Heart cereal for breakfast and brought a Lean Cuisine meal for lunch.

Have a great day! :D

jollygirl
08-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Way to go, Roxy - for starting our thread. I can't believe it is August already either.

I had a good week. I lost 4.1 pounds. Hurray! Now I just need to keep it up.

Have a great day all.

Roxymom
08-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Jolly - that's great! Keep up the good work!

jollygirl
08-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Thanks, Roxy. I didn't make the healthiest choices today, but I also wasn't grazing. So, I am going to shrug, say ok, and remember tomorrow is another day.

Have a good one everyone.

derrydaughter
08-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Good morning everyone. I'm back! I've been away tending to my mom and dad and sorry I have not been in touch. I also have been really not watching my weight at all, too much stress. But, being home and getting on the scale again was a eye opener. I was back on program yesterday and plan on being back all week.
How are things going everyone?
Linda

Roxymom
08-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Good Morning! I finally made it back to the gym last night. It felt so good, but I was so worn out when I got home. But that was okay. Anyway, more of the same for today.

Nice to see you checking in derry. I hope everything is ok with your parents. I know how stressful it can be.

LegallyBrunette
08-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Last month I lost 13 pounds, so I hope August is good to me also!! I can't believe I've been good for a full month! I've never EVER been so good for a full month! One more reason to prove that I'm fully committed this time around!

Yesterday was a great day!! I hit right at 1200 calories (I try to stagger them through out the week and average 1500 per day!) I also did 30 minutes of cardio, and 50 crunches!!

Roxymom, CONGRATS on losing your vacation weight!! I hope if I do gain while I'm on vacation next week that I lose it back as quickly as you did!! I hear so many wonderful things about that Kashi brand, but we don't have it here :(

Jolly, 4.1 pounds?!?! Way to GO!!!! I love big weeks like that, they are so motivating to keep my butt in gear! I hope this week is just as good for you!

Derrydaughter, Welcome Back :) I know that frustrating feeling of stepping onto the scale after being away for awhile :( I wish you the best of luck in staying on program again!

jollygirl
08-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Good morning, everyone. Glad you are back, Derry. Sorry things are so stressful for you right now, but good job getting back on track. Good job getting to the gym, Roxy. Good job on the loss and staying on track, Legal. You rock.

Just trying to stay sane here. Still working on finding a new barn for the horse and an apartment for me and the hounds. I did get out and had a VERY nice run this morning. Felt very good and reviving.

Food is ok. My big thing right now is resisting the urge to splurge. Now that I am moving, I really want to do some major redecorating. I do not have a budget for major redecorating. Must stay focused . . .

Have a great day all.

Apple Blossom
08-02-2005, 02:07 PM
DERRY! I'm so glad to hear from you. I think about you every time I post. I hope things are well with your family!
Great work Jolly! I'm sure your exercise program is really kicking in. You will keep reaping the benifits! Keep it up!
I had a bad eating day yesterday so I'm going to be very strict today.Wish me luck!

redballoon
08-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Hi there. Got a bit of time to post here so I thought I'd say a bit more than the usual couple lines these days.

Roxy -- Thanks for starting up the new thread. Yes, isn't it amazing that it's August already?! Darn, this year is flying by. My birthday is next Monday and I don't like the number...oh well, I'm still going to celebrate. I always do. Want to be pampered or pamper myself on MY day! :lol: Good to hear you lost the pounds you put on over vacation. That's what we always should be doing, nipping things in the bud. Unfortunately, with me at least, a setback sends me hunkering down for the long haul it seems and I put on a good solid five pounds of pure fat, lose tons of muscle, etc. etc. Gotta stop doing that!

jolly -- What is this?!!? 4 pounds gone and you're not jumping for joy!! :shrug: Man, I would be ecstatic. Come on, girl, this is major. :bravo: No shrugging and saying "ok." It should be "Great balls of fire, look at me!! I am awesome!!!" :woo:

derry -- Hello there. Glad to see you're still with us. I know you're going through a major rough time, with lots of stress and emotional downers. I hope we can help in some way. I'm sure glad to see you. :yes:

Legal -- Look at you go! Wow! 13 pounds last month! Line up for your medal! You should be SO proud, girl. And exercising too. They say the combination, watching your eating AND exercising is the only way to go! Good for you! :twirly:

Apple -- Heh there. One day does not a habit make. Enjoy your goof-off days. They make life fun!

Well, I'm determined to not let my lack of progress be seen as any stroke of fate from the heavens or an evil curse from ****. It's just an indication that I'm not doing something right. That's it. Pure and simple. Take the emotion out of it and look at it objectively. I was thinking yesterday about how little sustained aerobic exercise I do these days. I used to jog 5 K at the gym at least every other day. No wonder I had less fat. The weight training and walking just don't hack it for me, although they have helped me get tighter again. For a few months there I was doing nothing and I hated what it did to my body! Recently, however, I've raised the bar and then was wondering why the fat was still hanging on me. I was whining and wingeing and saying, this ain't right! Well, it is right because I just am not doing enough to burn off the stores of fat I've put on. So, that's what I'm going to focus on now. Pull out the heartrate monitor, start racking up deep breaths, heaving chests and pounding hearts. Oh yeah! And come fall (well maybe Christmas) I'll be out there causing a bit of that in the guys! :rofl:

:df:

Roxymom
08-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Happy Wednesday!

Red - thanks for the support. I just love your posts. You are a great support for all of us.

Legal - 13 pounds! That's great! You are an inspiration.

I'm really tired this morning for some reason. Hard to get motivated. I did bring my workout clothes to work and plan on going to the gym later. Also plan on my 30 minute walk during lunch. The exercise part has been easy. With me, it's the food. I really need to consentrate on that this month. It really helps when I write everything I eat down. I just get lazy and forget. So my goal for August is to NOT forget. Write it down!!

Have a great day!

jollygirl
08-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Hey all.

Red, I agree - I do love when you post. I am happy about the loss. I am just being realistic that I am still making some food choices I would be better off without. I am just glad I am not going into full all out combat stress eating.

Roxy - I hear you on the tired morning. I skipped the gym :) Ah well. I too have more issues with portion control and food choices than exercise. One day at a time, and one choice at a time.

Have a good one all.

Apple Blossom
08-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Red- I know what you mean about the exercise. It's pretty crucial to weight loss. I'm not doing much at all right now, just 4-6 laps at the pool maybe 4 times a week or so. I'm hoping to get into some king of routine once the kids are back in school. Mean while I'm trying to keep the calorie count low.
Today has been kind of a weird day. I'm taking my mom to the airport later tonight and I feel like I'm just waiting around for that errand. Kind of a blah day. :p I'm doing really well on my eating though, and I'm just going to have a Lean Cuisine for dinner and that will be it for the day.
I want to move my ticker!!!! ;)

redballoon
08-04-2005, 04:44 AM
Hi all. Just trying to get my butt in gear to get out the door, on the bike and to the gym, where I will attempt to push and pull around heavy weights focusing on my chest and back and then, if my stars are out tonight, I will get on the treadmill and count out 5 K!

I don't know. I'm still at the computer here. It's going on 4:30 p.m. ... I'll try. You know, why can I get all focused and exercisy now and then go into lapses of sheer gluttony, nights on the town with endless pints, triple dip ice cream (ok, I ordered a double and then they said I get one more scoop free...yippee! NOT) Ok, so I had days of that, maybe weeks, maybe months and it was all so free and easy and then WOW, here I look at myself in the mirror, wondering how I could have done this. Well, ****, like they say, it ain't rocket science! :rofl:

I remember something my bro said to me once. He said this to me through my tears after yet another gut-wrenching breakup with yet another loser...., "Look, you had your fun," he said. And, you know, he was right...I HAD had my fun. And I think that marked a turning point....if you do something memorable, you will pay a price. There's ALWAYS a price. But, you know, sometimes it's worth it. Even that episode was worth it, because, at times, it had been great fun.

Okay, now we're on the flip side of the fun-for-a-price side of the hill. I want to get this cool body. I also like sitting on my butt drinking beer, stuffing whatever caught my attention at the convini into my face, and watching the tube. But. I DO want that body. I want to hear my brother saying to me when I wow him (and preferably other males) with my athletic body, "Well, you know, you paid the price.....NOW, you're gonna have some fun!"

Roxy -- Well, gosh, don't know what kind of support I am when I'm rarely here these days. Thanks though! :thanks: How did it go? Did you get your workout in and your lunch walk? Yes, forgetting is SO easy. Good luck planning and writing things down!

Apple Blossom -- I was just thinking, do you know there's a famous Japanese song called "Ringo Oiwake" (something about apple blossoms blowing in the wind) sung by Hibari Misora. It's sad and very pretty. Anyhow, just remembered. Yeah, I know about those kind of days where they just kind of waste anyway because of something hanging over you. The best remedy for them is a strict itinerary, packed with things to do. But, what the heck, maybe it's good to have one of those occassionally. Hope that ticker moves soon! :sunny:

jolly -- Okay, I'll take your word for it you're happy with the loss. You better be! Otherwise I'm going to send my cyber Dobe over to straighten you out! :lol3:

I'm out the door!! :dancer:

jollygirl
08-04-2005, 07:47 AM
Good morning all. Just a quick flyby. I am spending the day at the hospital with a client that is havng surgery. Joy.

Did not get my run in this morning. I went to take the dogs out, and it was lightening something fierce. Because the client's surgery got rescheduled to EARLY, I didn't have time to hit the gym, BUT . . .. (drumroll, please) I did throw in my yoga tape. So at least I got something done.

Have a wonderful day all.

derrydaughter
08-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Hi everyone....
Red, good point about paying the price. I want this "buff" body as well. I'm now 50 years old and when I look in the mirror and see a double chin and if I turn to my side and see a roll of FAT over the top of my jeans it is bothering me. I'm not doing this for anyone else, I need to feel good. I'm not going to reverse the clock, but I can make me feel better about me!
I blew it again yesterday and I sit here this morning debating why I did that to myself and why I continually do this time and time again. What the **** is wrong with me?
Talk about a pity party.
It's time to give myself the proverbial slap across the face and crack that darn whip. No more, no more.
I need the whip guys.
This continual situation with my parents is not going away and not going to change in the near future unless one of them unexpectly dies, literally, but the way things are going they could linger on for a long time and I need to find better ways to deal with the several phone calls a day and dad trying to "escape" from the nursing home he accuses us all of holding him prisoner at. Life is too short to wallow in this, isn't it?
One day, I could be in that nursing home and I need to review the quality of my own life and what I am doing to myself.
I wish a better day to us all today.
Linda

redballoon
08-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Well, I did it!! Got to the gym and had exactly the kind of workout I had written about before. So, I guess my stars are out tonight!! New moon tomorrow, so I'll be sure to see them. :spin: Now, back home, showered and ate. Had a bit of pumpkin rice gruel (sounds gross but is yummy, 2 pieces of Vollkorn bread with a slice of cheese on it and some cottage cheese, so protein and complex carbs. Writing this and into bed. Normally, Friday mornings I hit the gym before going into the office but I don't know if I can do it tomorrow. May, though.

jolly -- I assume you were not hurt by the lightning. We've had some bad strikes in the area recently. One house burned down. Two others on the beach critical. Take care! Great going on the yoga tape! :cp:

Derry -- Okay, you want the body too! Well, you're only four years ahead of me. Monday's my birthday! :twirly: Well, you know, with all the stress around you, it's kind of no wonder you're "blowing it." I'd say there's nothing at all wrong with you. You're reacting pretty normal to the chaos. It could be a lot, lot worse. You could be gaining tons, absolute tons, you could be chain smoking, you could be getting drunk every day, doing hard drugs....(I take it you're not doing any of the above. ;) ) I know you want the body and you will be able to do it. I really suggest though you start looking at what you HAVE done right for a change and it may give you hope and give you that boost to do what it's going to take to get that buff body. Come on, if you're going to review, start with the things you are doing right! And then think of what more you can do right. The other will work themselves out of your life. Good luck. You can and will do this, Linda. :yes:

LegallyBrunette
08-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Hey ladies, just wanted to write and let you know I won't be around for a week or two very much... DH had a family iemergancy and we're running out of town as soon as he's finally packed!! (Who knows, with him! That could be tomorrow :lol: )

Roxymom
08-04-2005, 10:55 AM
I did pretty good yesterday. Got my walk in and went to the gym! Did good on writing down what I ate until in the evening. Still need to work on that. Today is my break day from the gym. I plan on walking at lunch and then doing some hand weights at home.

Have a great day!

jollygirl
08-05-2005, 06:45 AM
Legal, good luck with the family emergency. Roxy, congrats on getting to the gym. I hope your energy rubs off on me this morning. Derry, just a big hug and my thoughts and prayers. This must be an incredibly difficult time for you. Remember to take care of yourself. Congrats Red for what sounds like a great day.

My day was hectic and crazy. I was eating on the fly when I could leave my client. I also didn't get home until late, after a 12 hour day, so ordered pizza I ate too much of. Not something I am proud of, or feel good (literally) about today. Ah well. Off to the gym I go.

Roxymom
08-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Just a quick post this morning. Got a busy day and weekend. We are starting to move DD back to college. Moving some things this weekend and finishing up next weekend. I'll be eating out lots, so hopefully I will have the willpower to make good decisions. Talk to you on Monday. Have a great weekend!

Apple Blossom
08-05-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm down a pound! If it's still off tomorrow I'll move the tracker. :hat:
Yesterday was just a regular eating day which included some potato chips :nono: I didn't count up the calories but I think I came in OK. Today is going along OK too but my dinner choice will be important. I'm planning on lean cuisine but.....
It's so hot. I am really fed up with it and we still have a good month of hot to go. :hot: I haven't taken a walk in a long time. Maybe I'll take the kids out to the coast again tomorrow and go for a short hike. I've been there twice this week though. It's about an hour and a half away.
Hey Derry and Red - I'm seeking that body too. *sigh*. I'm looking forward to having the time to do something about it. Mean while I'm trying to eat less and at least move around a little more.
Hope everyone's week-end goes well. Legal- I hope your emergency is nothing too serious!

jollygirl
08-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Hi all. Hope everyone has a good weekend. I will be looking at apartments tomorrow. I am on call this weekend too, so I hope things go smooothly. And I need to stop eating badly. Did not have a good day.

Take care everyone.

Apple Blossom
08-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Moving the ticker!!

redballoon
08-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Hurrah, Apple!! :encore: :cp:

jollygirl
08-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Hurray Apple from me too. Well, this weekend has been full of bad food choices, and missed workouts. I was busy looking at apartments yesterday. I liked one - should find out tomorrow if they accept my application. Hopefully . . . I also should find out tomorrow if we can go back to our old barn in that area. Keep your fingers crossed.

I am on call this weekend. I didn't go ride yesterday due to apartment hunting. And today, I got called into work, so I wont make it out either - poor baby. I am finding time to do some cleaning and packing, so all is not lost.

Have a good day all.

derrydaughter
08-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Just read Red's message and I had to laugh at the comment "you could be getting drunk and doing hard drugs,etc." I did make an effort to have more than my usual glasses of wine on a few nights, but all that did was give me a headache the next day and make me have to get up and pee all night! No point in that.
Food is and has always been the drug of choice for me, sadly. I have to find ways to feel better about what is going on in my life and learn to deal.
You are right, Red, in that I need to look at what I've done RIGHT for a change vs. the wrong!
Hope the family emergency works out ok, Legal, keep us posted. I sure know lots about that kind of stuff.
Roxy, moving someone into a college dorm just reeks of junk food in my mind! Good luck with that for sure!
Also, Jolly, try to keep calm with all the hectic things you are doing. Sounds busy!
As for me, will be driving North to visit my dad today and heading home really quickly. My daughter is in a play and has dress rehearsal this afternoon... so much to do!
Linda

Roxymom
08-08-2005, 10:34 AM
:woo: :hb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RED!!! Hope you have a great day!

Had a bad weekend, eating wise. We ate out lots with moving. We will be finishing up the move this coming weekend. We are moving DD back to college. This year she won't be in the dorms. We got her an apartment. She is so happy. You are right, dorm food is so bad. She's not a big girl but did gain the freshman 15. Over the summer she lost half of it and still working on the rest.

This is a new week and I plan on being a good girl!. Going to the gym tonight.

jollygirl
08-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Hey all. Just a quick howdydoo. And happy birthday too, Red.

Well, good news. My apartment application was accepted, and the person I used to board my horses with in that area is making room for my horse - so all is right with the world. I go next week to see the barn, sign the lease, check out the gym, yadda yadda yadda. Now that I know all that is taken care of, maybe I can stop sucking down Zantec.

Ah well. Off to finish putting together my kitchen chairs. Have a good one all.

redballoon
08-09-2005, 08:19 AM
Heh, guys, thanks for the birthday wishes! How did you know?! Roxy! You been sneaking around the challenge thread, haven't you!?! Well, if so, I'm glad. I love getting birthday wishes. Thanks jolly and Roxy!

jolly -- Glad to hear some good things are going on in your life. Apartment, probable barn. I didn't know what Zantac was but I looked it up so now I know. Hope you feel better.

Roxy -- You sound positive, up and getting to the gym. Good for you. Oh yes, college life is **** for fat. Hope your daughter will enjoy her place. I commuted, that was no fun. Miss not having had that college experience, dorms and all. Then again, couldn't be helped.

Derry -- Good to hear from you again. I hope you're looking at some of the "right" things. I know, I'm starting to look at what I have in life, not what I don't have, what I need. Already I feel better. It's scary, sure, not having work and money, but it makes NO sense to focus on it. Well, Linda, hope you can handle what life throws you. :yes:

Apple -- How are things? Finding any more time to get that body?! :lol: I heard they're having a sale soon! Better stock up, get a few for the closet and haul 'em out on special occasions! :rofl:

jollygirl
08-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Good morning all. Just wanted to post that I did get out and run this morning. Hurray. Nothing else is new. Have a great day all.

Roxymom
08-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Hello all!

Well I went over a little last night on my eating, but at least I know what I did. I wrote everything down! So that is a start. I plan on walking and getting to the gym tonight. I had oatmeal for breakfast, while I watched the space shuttle land. Running errands at noon so thought I would stop by Subway. Chicken for dinner. That should get me back on track.

Do any of you drink green tea? I have been ready about all the health benefits and thought I would get me some. I'm a tea drinker, both hot and cold.

Have a great day!

redballoon
08-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Heh, Roxy. I drink green tea. After all, I'm in the land of it. I like it both hot and cold but usually don't drink it hot unless someone else has made it for me. You know you can't let it steep at all. It's like in and out. They have little special teapots for it. And the water should not be boiling, just under the boiling point. In the summer I drink a lot of it cold because it is also in all the vending machines and this is also the land of vending machines. They have so many types now, more bitter ones and less bitter ones and blends made from green tea and herbal teas. It still has caffeine but it seems much gentler on the system. I have been going off coffee. Somehow my body doesn't want it anymore. I do need the adrenalin kick in the morning I think but at other lows (I try to keep caffeine to no more than twice a day) I am trying to have green tea instead. I think there are lots of blends in the States with sugar and so but this I think ruins it. Green tea is never drunk with milk or sugar here. You are starting to find things like green tea ice cream though and there are sweets (Japanese style) that have tea in them. Can you find it readily by you? If not, I can send you some. There are convenient teabags too although the vast majority of people use loose tea. Well, good luck. :)

jolly, good going on getting your run in. :yes:

jollygirl
08-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Hey all. So, does putting a dining table set together constitute an upper body workout?? If so, I'm in. I bought a new table set, and instead of waiting to put it together after I am moved, I of course had to put it together today.

I was way over on my eating, but otherwise had a good day.

Have a good one.

jollygirl
08-10-2005, 07:12 AM
Good morning all. Well, the only workout I am going to get today will consist of cleaning up after dog. I don't know if it is stress, heat, or what, but my Justin has his tummy problems again. Greaaaaaaat. Clean up in aisle 7!

Here's to a great day everyone. Make the most of it!

derrydaughter
08-10-2005, 07:47 AM
Good morning all.... I am both a coffee and tea drinker, but have not been able to get into green tea as much, though I have found a few of the blended drinks with it pleasant, but they seem to have many other herbal teas and sweeteners in it, so maybe that is the taste vs. the tea in general?
Yesterday afternoon was a true eye opener, my daughter and I went clothes shopping. Eeeewww.... we're both way too fat and nothing makes you understand that more than going clothes shopping. We're going back to WW later on tonight!
Linda

Roxymom
08-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Good Morning - getting a late start today.

Red - thanks for the info on green tea. I bought Lipton green tea bags. (They had several brands but thought I would buy a brand I'm familiar with.) The box had 6 different varieties: regular green tea; lemon; mixed berry; honey; mint; and orange. Thought that way I could see what I like. Right now I'm drinking them hot, but DD has started making it and drinking it cold. So far I think I like the plain green tea the best. I never put sugar in tea. YUK!

Hava a great day!

derrydaughter
08-11-2005, 06:59 AM
Good morning again.... not much posting here so I guess I'll do my own thinking out loud, so to speak....
My daughter and I went back to a WW last night. It had not been all that long since I've been, but for her it's been sicne March or so. She's put back all her weigh except for about 2 pounds and so have I. Bummer.
But, it's my own fault. The WW program works if you use it and stay on it. I know this.
I will be working hard and trying again. Did I tell you all that we are going away for the week next week to Rhode Island? Trying to lose weight on vacation is difficult, but I will give it a good try. I'm very motivated again. I wish I could bottle this kind of motivation and sell it as that is truly what it takes to stay fit and healthy. You can take ANY weight loss program, I am convinced, and make it work for you if you can keep up your motivation!
So, gang, what is your motivation today?
Linda

redballoon
08-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Wow, Derry, I'm sure glad to hear you're motivated again. I was doing well then kind of lost it again, but could still save the bit I lost if I got back into it too. I see we're about the same weight. I would love to be at 135 too. I don't know what my motivation is. Well, I do, but it's never strong enough to win out over the immediate gratification I get from eating. I was just thinking tonight though, I don't even think I love eating so much, it's the preparation, the money for eating out, these are things that stop me and I just reach for some junk. Hmm. How to make the motivation stronger when the only things I have to look forward to that I know of are just ifs, possibilities. The feeling healthy I already have. Can you think of any things that we could do? It's be good if we good do this together somehow since our weights are the same and it's probably just as hard for you to take it off as for me.

derrydaughter
08-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Hmmm... am about ready to get off line but this requires some thought and I wanted to aswer you before getting off line...
First of all, if preparation is an issue, you need to plan ahead my dear.
What about keeping individually frozen boneless chicken breasts on hand that can be quickly thawed/cooked? Frozen veggies or canned are good as well and require little time and preparation if you have a microwave, and who doesn't nowadays? I like to open a can of kidney beans or chick peas (garbanzo beans) and have those as a starch alongside my meals rather than preparing potatoes, rice or things that take time. They are full of good things for your body and much better sources of protien and fiber. I can have a meal like that on the table in less than 15 minutes and none of it is junk.
I do the same thing with canned tuna, salads that come in a bag (so easy!) as well as small portions of fish or a grilled/broiled lean hamburger patty. I'm a "meal" kind of gal vs. a sandwich kind of gal, even for lunches and find that a small can of tuna, with beans on the side and even a canned vegetable is a good and FAST and easy choice.
Would you try those kind of things on your own? Also, just one thing about snacking vs. a meal. I like a sit down meal, even if I am eating alone with me and a magazine or me and a book, etc. I like to feel as if I've "eaten" and snack foods don't make me feel like I've had a meal, though I could consume the same amount or more of calories in my snacks. Another thought is that if you cook pasta (use whole wheat if you can enjoy it, it's better for you!) don't just cook enough for one meal. Cook the entire box and put it in a container in your refrigerator. It will keep about 4 or 5 days, won't it guys??? So, when you want pasta, just sccop it out in ONLY one cup servings and heat it in the micro, add a tiny bit of water to it and it will be like fresh. I do this all the time, it's so fast! I love putting canned diced tomatoes over top of pasta and a bit of low fat cheese. It's very satisfying and the tomatoes have no fat as regualr pasta sauces do. I have found FF feta cheese in the stores that tastes great and can put that over top of my pasta and it's yummy! So, there are some ideas for you to try, Red. Let me know if anything appeals to you.
I know you live alone, so making meals can be a problem. So, what about cookng a few really nice things once in awhile and freezing them? I love soups and chili (even in hot weather 'cause I'm weird) and they are filling and good for you as well. I am "ok" with "lite" breads and can make a meal out of soup and two pieces of the lite bread.
Are any of those ideas good for you?
Also as far as being "good" and having things that we both could do, I'm am willing to work with you or with anyone here as a team to accomplish this.
I was to lose 10 pounds by September 18th, we have this black tie thing coming up and I want to look great for that! I'll be in NYC and want to look fabulous for that event!
Also, Red, do something really nice for yourself as well. I got my hair highlighted yesterday. I went to pick up my daughter afterwards and everyone loved it and one woman said to me "it takes 10 years off you"! Wow, we should all have days like that. How can you not be super motivated if someone says something like that to you? : )
Linda

jollygirl
08-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Good morning all. I realize I need to be a bit kinder to myself right now. I am getting myself exhausted. Working, planning, packing, sick dog . . . It all adds up. So, I am just trying to conserve energy right now, so I don't end up really really sick.

I did not work out again today. My foot was hurting, so I had planned to go to the gynm instead of run, but then I distracted myself with some moving stuff. Ah well.

Have a good day all.

Roxymom
08-11-2005, 10:38 AM
:wave: Hello ladies.

Derry - I think you have enough motivation for all of us! I love your ideas. Right now I'm not very motivated. Have been so busy after work helping DD pack that I have no time. We will be moving her this weekend so things will get back to "normal" next week.

I did make it to the gym yesterday and had my noon walk. I did fair on my eating yesterday also.

Jolly - sounds like you have got your hands full right now. Take some time for yourself so you don't get run down. I think you are getting exercise with the packing, etc.

Red - We all have set-backs. I'm having one now also. But we can get through this together. Hang in there!

derrydaughter
08-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Jolly, forgive me for asking as I have been out of touch, what are you packing for? At least that is some form of exercise??? : ) Roxy, sounds like you and Jolly each have lots going on right now, so take time out for yourselves - both of you!
Yesterday, for the third day in a row, I was "on program" and journalled, ate right, drank water, exercised and stayed really focused. I'm proud of that! I hope to do that again today. The scale seemed to go down a bit this morning. I am a scale freak, by the way and get on it several times a day. I have this love/hate relationship with it. I used to joke around that the scale was my personal step aerobics program!
Oh well.
Leaving for one week vacation tomorrow, guys. I wish I could be on line as I would be able to stay motivated more and share with you all. I plan on doing some form of exercise every day and am going to try really hard to maintain some kind of food program efforts and journal.
I want to look good!
Linda

Roxymom
08-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Good Morning!

derry - keep up the good work and have a great vacation!

Just a quite note. Getting things ready to go for DD's move. I won't be checking in until Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

jollygirl
08-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Hi all. Did make it to the gym this morning, though, due to bad eating the last few days, I was only able to do a short cardio workout. That's what I get :(

Derry, I recently received the promotion I applied for at work. as I will be supervising a different county, I am moving, hopefully at the end of the month. That is what I am packing for.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

derrydaughter
08-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Jolly, am I crazy, or didn't you just move a little while ago? Maybe it was someone else.
Last e-mail from me before leaving on vacation. I'll be back in a week and hopefully there will be LESS of me coming back that there is leaving?????
Take care of yourselves,
Linda

redballoon
08-13-2005, 08:42 AM
Whoops! Derry! Just wanted to say a big thanks for the long post to me the other night. I have had no time to reply and I am sorry. I will get back to you soon! Thank you soo much for all that writing! Have a fun time on your vacation!

jollygirl
08-14-2005, 08:21 AM
Good morning all. Nothing much here, except trying to stay sane. Eating isn't great, but it isn't horrid either. Workouts are being missed though. Time constraints, and my foot is still bruised. On the plus side, my poor ignored horse is doing very well. The two rides I have managed to squeeze in have been awesome.

Derry, have a good vacation. An yes, you are crazy :rofl: I have lived in the same place for 6 years. I move, hopefully, at the end of the month. Must have been someone else - I know Happy moved fairly recently. . .

redballoon
08-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Heh all. How's it going? I am dragging here so I think I sound like jolly. Damn! Just don't know why I don't have the get-up-and-go anymore. Perhaps it's the heat, the lack of good things in my life, I don't know. I feel it especially on my bike. The pedals feel soooo heavy. I could push them harder but I don't want to. It seems to be a mental thing, but maybe it's also physical. I have given up sugar for this 21-day challenge I do on the other thread and maybe that is part of it. One day, on a free day, I had a ton of sugar, and the next day I felt really good. It was so different, a weird feeling these days, I actually felt good. It must be some chemical the sugar causes to be released. Oh, to **** with it, I hate the thought that I am so affected by food, especially chemically altered junk like processed sugar. :mad: Rant, rant.

Roxymom
08-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Good Morning! I'm draggin this morning too. I need another day off to recover from the weekend. Got DD all moved, ate out too much, and not enough rest. Good thing is - I got on the scale this morning and didn't gain over the weekend! Now I just need to get motivated this morning! Anyway, plan on my noon walk. I have a meeting tonight so not sure I will make it to the gym.

Have a great day!

jollygirl
08-15-2005, 11:39 AM
HEy all. Still need to catch up on some sleep, but, despite sick puppies again, I did make it to the gym. And, I had lost the little blip I gained the other week. Hurray.

Now, on to bigger and better things. Have a great day all.

Roxymom
08-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Hello - I feel much better today. Got a good nights rest! I started the day with a bowl of oatmeal. I have a busy day at work, but i still plan on walking.

Jolly - sorry to hear about the sick puppies again. At least you got some sleep!

Hope everyone is doing good.

redballoon
08-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Jolly, good going on losing that "blip"!! :cp:

I'm okay here after that big quake in Sendai yesterday. It sure shook in Tokyo as well! Scary stuff. I've been feeling like a 3-ton load of bricks (or something like that) and just haven't gotten much exercise in. Am determined to move this booty today!

Take care, all!

derrydaughter
08-17-2005, 08:48 AM
HI guys! Surpirse, I'm on line for a short while as my husband's laptop is here and he is not currently using it this moment, went out to make a fax and left it on for me! Cool, I'm on line while on vaction. I hate typing on laptops, as the keyboard is different so forgive any spelling issues.
Well, I've not been an angel so far on this vacation, but I've not been as bad as I could have been at least. I have walked every day except one, so far, and hope to do something like that today as well.
DH has been tremendously busy with work, this is truly a working vaction for him as the new company opens on Sept. 18th and this time period is way too close to the opening for him not to be working. Today, in fact, I think he'll be taking a train to NYC for a meeting and I will have to "entertain" the kids. Try "entertaining" a 17 and a 15 year old who miss their friends and consider everything I suggest "boring". Hmmm.... we'll figure out something I guess!
The weather has been hot and so far pretty nice, thank goodness. Today is supposed to be hot so maybe we'll hit the beach?
I've not been perfect with eating, but have met my own challenge every day except that one (was sick to my stomach) by walking or swimming every day. If I am lucky, perhaps I'll at least maintain my weight by the time I get back?
I miss you guys!
Linda in Rhode Island instead of NH!!!!

Roxymom
08-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Good morning!

Red - glad to hear you are ok after the quake. Just heard about it yesterday on the news.

Derry - nice to hear from you! Sounds like things are going for DH. It's great that you have been getting some exercise while away. That is the hardest part for me when away from home. Enjoy the rest of your time.

I've been doing pretty good this week so far. Exercising and keeping busy in the evenings so I don't snack.

Have a great day!

jollygirl
08-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Morning all. Just time for a real quick post. Busy busy busy. Just trying to stay sane. And trying to get exercise in.

Will try to post more later, but am thinking of you all. Have a great day.

Roxymom
08-18-2005, 10:33 AM
We are all so busy right now! I finally got back to the gym last night and am a little sore this morning, but it feels good. I plan on going back tonight. I over-ate a little last night. I did make a good choice though. I opted for low-fat frozen yogurt instead of ice cream.

Have a good day everyone!

jollygirl
08-19-2005, 12:10 AM
Good for you, Roxy. I have been opting for ice cream in a BIG way lately. Not good.

I made it to the gym this morning. Yeah. Got some sleep last night, so am feeling a bit more human. Also got a lot done today. Feel a bit more organized.

Apple Blossom
08-19-2005, 01:57 AM
Hi all! I'm back from my trip. The kids had a great time. Unforunately, my mom spent the whole time in the hospital so my brothers and I were very stressed out. She had a seizure, which she has every now and then, but this time she also had problems with her heart. The frustrating thing was that no one knew exactly what was wrong. It went from heart attack to a third of the heart not working to just a weakened heart to nothing wrong with her heart at all, just a bad seizure. Ughh. She had to be taken to a hospital 2 hours away so she could get the right care so she was SO far away too. My poor mom. She was supposed to go home with my brother today, I haven't heard yet how that went.
So I feel a need to get healthy again. Lose 10 pounds, get some cardio-vascular fitness going, eat better. I didn't gain any weight while I was away even though I drank more beer than I am willing to admit. I need to detox and maybe even fast for a day...coming soon!

Roxymom
08-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Apple - glad to have you back. Sorry your Mom was in the hospital. Hope she gets better soon.

My exercise today is starting to help my Mom clean out her house. She has put her name in for the new duplexes they are building in town for the elderly. We have a lot of sorting, tossing, etc. to do. I can only help on Friday afternoons and weekends. It will be really nice when it's all done and she is in her new surroundings.

Have a great weekend everyone!

jollygirl
08-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Hey y'all. Roxy, hope your mom's move goes smooth. Apple, hope your mom is better soon.

I have been busy, but am actually getting things done. Did finally make it out by my pony today. Hurray. Had a very nice ride. I have to get back in a routine with him. Soon.

Now, just keep packing and organizing stuff. Two weeks and the move will be done. Yeah!

take care all.

derrydaughter
08-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your mom, Apple. I am thinking of you and know exactly what you are going through, considering all that is going on with my dad right now.
I'm back from vacation and have to get, as our thread is so aptly titled, back to basics.
Wanna join me?
I was totally off over vacation and fearfully got on the scale this morning before my shower.... the news was bad.
But, today is a new day and the new beginning.... vacations are OVER, school starts next week for the kids and time for me to get my widening A____ in gear!
So, for today, here is the plan:

1. Ate a smart choice breakfast of a WW bagel (2 points) and had FF cream cheese on top. Also ate one apple. That breakfast total is 3 points. I get 22 points a day with WW and if I exercise, I get two more points.
2. Then, I did my body sculpting work out tape and then 25 minutes on the treadmill. I feel good, but when I looked in the mirror, I thought I looked awful. Oh well.
3. Lunch will be a good choice, not sure what yet, but it will be intelligent.
4. Snacks for the afternoon will be popcorn (94% FF) as well as maybe some fruit?
5. Will be going shopping after lunch and figure out something good, filling and healthy for dinner.
6. Dessert will be a WW dessert.
I shall do this, one day at a time!
Linda

jollygirl
08-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Hey everyone. Not much new here. I just really need to get things back in a routine. My eating is off. My exercising is off. my pony is getting ignored. I am focusing so much on the move, that everything else is getting ignored . . .

derrydaughter
08-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Jolly, sounds like focus and a very strict "to do" list is in order for you my dear. What date is the official move now? Hope things go well.
I had a good day yesterday, really stayed on track for a change. I swear I imagined that my scale was way up, couldn't possibly have lost 7 pounds since yesterday, could I have? I weighed myself yesterday morning and was in a state of shock that the scale was up to 164, a new high for me. This morning it was at 157, something I am not proud of but can work with at least. Where did 7 pounds go in one day? I know I was a good girl yesterday, but that is impossible, isn't it? Was it all fluid or something? I don't recall eating anything super high in sodium either over the last few days. So, any ideas?
Wish weight would really come off that quickly!
Today, I plan on being a very good girl and sticking right to my WW program. I need to get this weight off and be looking good for New York City in September! I want my husband to be proud to introduce me to his new business associates and contacts. I don't want to be the one they look at and say "What does he see in that heiffer?".
So, it's fast track here for me and I plan on being an absolute angel right now. I can do this.
Linda

Roxymom
08-22-2005, 10:53 AM
We had badd weather on Friday. My Mom and I had been going through some things at her house when I noticed it was getting really dark outside. I turned on the TV and they were having a weather statement. A tornado was headed our way. We loaded up and headed for my house. I have a basement, Mom doesn't. Sirens went off about 5 minutes after we got to my house. We lost electricity at 4:20. All the local radio stations went off the air about 10 minutes later. Brett called (he was at work) to let me know to take cover immediately! We went in a closet under the stairs with our 2 dogs. When we came out, we had lots of trees down in the neighborhood. Lots of damage around town. Found out today that it was a tornado that was not completely on the ground. It was about tree top level. 12 were injured but none seriously, thank God. Finally, after 26 hours, we have electricity again.

I was totally a bad girl eating, but got lots of exercise cleaning things up. My arms are so sore today. I brought my stuff to go to the gym tonight but not sure I will go.

derrydaughter
08-23-2005, 08:30 AM
Roxy, sounds horrible. Seeing as you are in Kansas, I am reminded of the Wizard of Oz and Dorothy! I'm glad you guys are ok. It must be terrible to go through something so threatening. I've never been in a storm such as that before. But, I am a weirdo and kind of like storms and thunderstorms, I get excited by them. Probably should have been one of those "storm chasers" on the weather channel? : )
Just to share, I started a new thread today:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63927
It's a one week journalling challenge, I guess it's really only for Weight Watchers people, but you might want to check it out. I'm challenging myself to be held accountable and journal everything I am eating and doing to help with my weight loss. Total honesty is required!
I'm the kind that needs to be held accountable, and I am so serious right now about dropping this weight!
Linda

jollygirl
08-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone. After several weeks off (first due to a bruised arch, then just out of dumb excuses) I went and ran today. I feel pretty good.

Derry, I do have a list. I have a list of my lists. I even have listed what stuff will go in which closets at the new place. I always am OBSESSIVELY organized, I just still feel like things are out of control. I move a week from Friday. Also, I have to say your previous post concerns me a bit. When you made the heifer comment about yourself. The world puts us down enough, don't do it to yourself, even in jest. You deserve better!

Roxy, I am glad you aren't hurt, and didn't have any serious damage. YOu just have to love tornado season in the midwest, eh?

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!

Roxymom
08-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Good morning!

I did really good yesterday until I got home from the gym. I had the munchies so bad! the bad thing is I haven't complete restocked the frig since the power outage. So no fresh veggies or fruit. Today is payday so I will stop by the grocery store on the way home tonight.

We love thunderstorms too. In fact, both my children use to want to be storm chasers or meteoroligists. They both heard about it on the news and called. Both said they missed all the fun. This was a little close for comfort for me.

Derry - I'll check out your other thread. I really need to be working on my journaling. I do good during the day then forget later in the evening.

Have a great day!

Apple Blossom
08-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Hello all. I'm just kind of cruising along here, waiting for things to get started! School starts tomorrow, and my mom comes back from NY. I am hoping that once a daily routine gets started it will be easier to get my own weight loss goals on track too.
Derry, you sound really comitted! I'm definately with you! (and Jolly is right no more heifer comments!!)

derrydaughter
08-23-2005, 08:04 PM
OK, no more heifer comments! I am feeling really self conscious about my weight though right now. This black tie affair in NYC is fashion week, where all the top models will be strutting with all the new designer fashions being "launched". It's going to be exciting, but I will feel old, fat and frumpy to be honest. Nothing like having an occasion like this to go to to make you work harder than usual at your weight loss.
I went to my WW meeting this afternoon and lost .6. I consider that a victory considering that I was on vacation last week and I did have blueberry pie with ice cream and cake as well as a few alcaholic beverages, etc. during the week. But, walking each day really helped, I guess. I feel energized!
I bought fabric today to make my new black dress for this occasion. I sure hope I can sew this thing and do a great job on it!
Linda

jollygirl
08-24-2005, 07:04 AM
Congrats on the loss, Derry. That is cause to celebrate! :cb::cb:

Roxymom
08-24-2005, 10:20 AM
Congrats Derry! I'm impressed that you are going to sew your own dress for the big event! I use to sew all the time but haven't for years, except for hemming things for DD.

I weighed this morning and was down 1 pound. Hope I can keep it off. My TOM will be soon so I know the water weight will be coming. Things are back to normal after the storm last Friday. I'm going to walk at noon and then to the gym after work.

Have a great day!

derrydaughter
08-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Thanks Roxy and Jolly! Wonder what's up with Red lately? She's ok I hope.
What ever happened to Raven by the way? I think she really was having some troubles. I miss her and hope she finds her way back to us, but not only that finds her way out of her troubles.
At any rate, I am pleased with how today has been going. I made sugar free Jello in desperation this afternoon as I was hit with the "hugry horrors" and felt like I wouldn't get through the afternoon. Of course, the Jello has not set yet and now I have broken down and had popcorn, but only for one point - so not a bad choice and with a large glass of Splenda sweetened green iced tea, I made it 'til dinnertime - which is in just a few moments.
Some days I just crave sweet things and today is one of them. You would think I was going through PMS or something, but sadly I don't get a period any more. Though, out of the blue, I could just get one I suppose, but it's been awhile.
Linda, who can't wait until dinner is served!

jollygirl
08-25-2005, 07:06 AM
Good morning everyone. Well, I am giving notice. After September begins, give me all the gentle nudges, kicks in the butt, bashes over the head I need to get moving in the right direction again. Yesterday morning I was so run down, I took a nap instead of hitting the gym. Then, do to work issues, and running to buy new crates for the dogs, I was late getting ready for the part time job, and grabbed fast food to eat on the go. This morning, i woke up to many police cars outside in my neighborhood. While I was willing to brave going outside so the dogs could take care of business and get their exercise, I was not willing to run by myself. So, I am doing my yoga tape, but still . . . Between missing workouts, eating on the run, and yes, some self medicaiton - I am not at a very healthy place right now. Until I finish up some things at work, and get the packing finished and moving started, I don't see that changing. I just hope I am able to keep on a time line, so I have a few days to unwind before starting the new job.

So anyway, once the madness is over, no excuses! Please, help me get back on target - even if you have to beat me into submission.

Have a great day all.

derrydaughter
08-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Jolly, you certainly do have pressures in your life right now and you have to do the best you can amidst all of this crazy stuff to take care of yourself. I should talk as everything went to **** with my dad's illness and all that went on. He's not better, but being in the nursing home is more "settled" at least. I did exactly what you did, I missed work outs, I started "self medicating" (love that term) and ate like crazy. Now, I am sitting here with almost every pound back on me that I had worked so hard to lose. I keep wondering what made me do that and put back on all the weight?
I guess it's all emotional stuff, and I can see that with you right now. No amount of advice that anyone could have given me would have helped me during that time, I was on my own track.
However, now, I have regained control and am more determined than I have ever been before, it seems. I accept this for today, and recognize that I could fall appart at the seams tomorrow. Life and our emotions are very fragile.
I promise to get on you after this time period. You will do this on your own, though, I think, as I have done.
I had a great day yesterday, by the way. I was right on target with everything I ate. I had 5 servings of fruits and veggies, wow! I have three servings of dairy, all low fat or ff and had good protien. I made homemade chili for diner and even substituted half the hamburger (used lean as well) in the recipe with veggie hamburger substitute. Quite honestly, I couldn't taste the difference!
I worked out, I drank my water and I was totally psyched. I wish for you days like that when you are done with all the crazy times. There is peace and self satisfaction in having this control.
I am almost what I would refer to as "hypnotized" by being so in control. If you waved a dozen doughnuts under my nose (my total favorite splurge) I could probably walk away from them right now and go to the fruit bowl. Wonder what it is that makes me so GOOD sometimes and so BAD other times?
Linda

Roxymom
08-25-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm with you! I really need to get my butt in gear. I will really get serious after Labor Day. We had a big family fish fry that weekend and lots of family coming in for it. I don't really have a problem with the fish fry because I'm not a big fan and there is usually enough other choices that I don't have to eat all the fried stuff.

I've been slacking a little this week on the exercise also. I have a dentist appointment at noon today so I won't get my walk in. Maybe I'll be motivated and go later in the evening.

Derry - I was wondering about Red and Raven too. Hope they are doing ok.

Apple Blossom
08-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Hello! I hate to say it but I won't be able to really kick into it untill after labor day too. Meanwhile i'll try to be good. I have my anniversary coming up, our 10th! We might go out to Napa and drink wine, find some fancy place to eat. Hoping my sister in law is willing to take on the kids ;)
I've been doing OK with eating, maintaining anyway. And I've been doing alot of gardening. It's a never ending job...

redballoon
08-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Heh guys!! Derry, Rox, thanks for thinking of me. I normally don't even lurk but I popped in to read the posts today and saw you mentioned me. I'm okay healthwise and all.. just busy with the challenge thread. Wish you'd join me there. I'll try to get it to say a bit more occasionally here too. Later, chicks! :wave:

derrydaughter
08-26-2005, 08:13 AM
Red, glad you are ok. I took a look at your challenge thread and it sure is busy! I think it's way too much for me to keep up with and can recognize why you are not showing up here as much! I saw that after I asked where you were and kind of figured it all out afterwards.
You have generated a great deal of enthusiasm. Perhaps I'll join in after I get a few of my committments out of the way?
As for me, I'm doing ok. Had a good day yesterday. Today I am heading North to visit mom and dad and don't have much time to type here.
Linda

Apple Blossom
08-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey where is everybody? I don't have much to say except I ate too much yesterday. OOps. :nono: I just spent about an hour and a half in the garden including turning the compost pile so I think I'm OK for exercise today. I might take a walk later. I haven't been on one in a really long time. So are we all gearing up to a totally serious, back to basics and more September???

derrydaughter
08-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Apple, I'm here! I've been awfully busy these last few days. I ate out twice yesterday and tried very hard to stay in control. It was tough, but I managed to end the day using only one flex point, not too bad for me!
I'm facing a holiday weekend away this week.... I'm really trying hard to think of what I can do to stay in control. This is usually where I go down the wrong track.
Linda

Roxymom
08-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Good Morning! Sorry I haven't checked in, but I have been so busy at work and at home. I'm ready for a long weekend! Probably won't be checking in much until next Tuesday. I'm going to have a house full of company starting Thursday. I'm even taking a couple vacation days to have an extra long weekend. My SIL just found out she had diabetes so I'm trying to fix low-fat, low-sugar things. Hopefully that will keep me on track also.

Have a great day and weekend (in case I don't have a chance to check in).

Kathy

Apple Blossom
08-30-2005, 04:26 PM
My digestive system is all messed up today. Probably because I've been eating really badly the last few days. Definately time to get back on a diet. I'm beginning to get frustrated with myself. I keep saying I've got to do this and I DON'T. :( What will it take to get it going???
My SIL is on the south beach diet. She's lost 3 pounds so far. I don't think she nneds to lose a whole lot of weight. She wants to at least lose her 10 pound-having-babies-weight-gain. Me too. I'm not the diet following type though. I'm of the eat-less-exercise-more ideology. It's hard to follow a specific diet when I have to cook for 3 other people. Although DH really needs to lose weight too. He's having major hip troubles and I'm sure 20 pounds less of him would help.
Anyway, I'm not ready to make any declarations here because I've said it all before. I'm just hoping 2 or 3 days from now I can say LOOK! I'm doing it!

derrydaughter
08-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Roxy, sorry about your SIL.. maybe helping her will help you too!
Apple, hope your weekend is a great one and I hope you can say look I'm doing it as well... me too!
I'm bummed out.... I weighed in today and only lost .2 and yes, I know it's a loss and I should be glad (and I am at least I didn't gain) but I really worked very hard this week and really expected better than that.
Oh well... I'm not giving up!
Linda

derrydaughter
08-31-2005, 08:55 AM
What, no new posts guys? Where are you all?
Nothing hew here, just continuing to do the best I can do. I want results. That darn scale is my enemy right now, I'm not happy. If I was such a good girl all week, why didn't the scale reward me?
I have to try to feel good about what I am doing no matter what that ____ scale has to say, though. I followed a really healthy lifestyle for an entire week. I know the scale will be my friend soon if I just keep it up!
We are going away for the upcoming holiday weekend, any ideas for me on what best to order when eating out to remain on track?
Also, I am donating blood today to help hurricane victims. I am also donating cash to The Red Cross. I hope you all are doing something as well.
If we all consider giving up ONE of our favorite foods for a week and donating the cost of this food to aid victimes that would be cool. I challenge you all!
Linda

Apple Blossom
08-31-2005, 02:57 PM
My prayers go out to all in the south who have to endure the wrath of the hurricane. Giving up one food seems too little of a sacrafice. There are so many people left with nothing. I'll definately be sending some money. And I'm with you Derry, I'll quit the beer for a while. I need to anyway.
If you are going to be eating out alot, I'd suggest salads. Sometimes they can even have bad stuff on them, like cheese, but they are still mostly lettuce. I don't even count lettuce if I'm adding up calories. There is a place we eat sometimes and my favorite item on the menu is an apple,walnut gorganzola salad. Yum.
I did some more gardening today as my exercise. But i'm still eating way too much. :p

derrydaughter
09-02-2005, 10:03 AM
My prayers are also with these people. I've been totally on program the last few days, but have not been thinking much about my own issues, more about these poor individuals who I wish I could do more to help instead of just donating cash and my blood. I hope more information becomes available locally about a way I can WORK to help.
Linda

Apple Blossom
09-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Glad you're able to stick to it, Derry!
I'm still eating too much. Some thing has to click in. This time of year is difficult because of school starting and settling in to new routines. But that's just another excuse. I think I've gained back a bit. :mad: I need to exercise. Tonight I'll dust off the step aerobics. I'd really like to crack the whip and do it for 15 min EVERY night. It's only 15 minutes, right?
I'm sure everyone is out doing holiday week-end stuff. Hope you're having fun! I'm not going anywhere so I'll hold down the fort! It would be wonderful to pick up a few fresh faces! Anyone out there?

Apple Blossom
09-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Well, its me again. I did do 15 min of step aerobics. And I took a walk today too, about 40 minutes. Exercise is really going to be the key for me. That and quitting the beer. I am feeling good about the exercise. I think I can I think I can I think I can........
I'm also posting over on Red's 21 day challenge thread. I'm challenging myself to do the Stepping 15 min a day. I agree with Derry, it's a very busy thread and there's no way I can post lengthy replies like the others do, but hopefully it keeps me accountable. Hope everyone is out having fun! :hat:

Apple Blossom
09-05-2005, 02:57 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Hello? Anyone out there?
I just realized we're well into September and need to start a new thread. I've never done that and I don't have the time to figure it out right now. Maybe later tonight, if no one else does it first. (hint hint)
Eating too much, but I've been exercising!!!
Enjoy your Monday off!

jollygirl
09-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Sheesh. I drop off the map for a few days and . . . Well, off I go to start the new thread.