Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-01-2005, 09:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Monday Chit Chat~8/1

good morning gang!

everybody grab some and pull up a chair and chat!

my boss is in Honduras this week doing some mission work. I'm hoping it will be a little quieter around here with him gone, but it may just be even crazier. will have to see how it goes.

will be back later.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

I'm feeling rather depressed today, there was a death in my family I was completely unprepared for......I didn't even know he was ill (inoperable brain tumors)..he didn't want anyone to know until he was gone....

I just did mindless tasks all weekend to keep busy, but I feel ultra-crappy.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:41 AM   #3  

Oh, I forgot to say one good thing that happened this weekend....I accidently located my neighbor's missing kitty....he had been gone 4 months (with no front claws) and suddenly appeared down the street.....hanging about another neighbor's house. She was describing him and I put 2+2 together and told her to check it out....AMAZING! that he survived all this time.

he's home now and going to the vet tomorrow, the poor thing is just fur and bones.

Carla, it sounds like your kitty has nuumonitis (spelled incorrectly) a kitty-cat cold that is common when they are in a shelter....hope she gets better soon.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:16 PM   #4  

Morning everyone.

It is a holiday today.........I awakened at 7 am which is unusual when I don't need to be up..........my poor body is probably so confused it doesn't know when it should sleep.........anyhow just as well. I do work a day shift tomorrow so it will make the 6 am start tomorrow a bit less punishing. Only 2 more nights left this month and hopefully I will find out about a new job in the next week or so........

I got up and made a lovely pesto salade for a family BBQ today........and 2 doz cupcakes.......3 family birthdays in the last 2 days.

DD 7 has a birthday party and I got that gift wrapped up........the party is at build a bear.........has anyone heard of that?

DD 13 has lost 8 lbs.........she doesn't really have a lot of weight to lose but has just decreased portions and increased her water.........the usual formula.

Hubby is golfing.......I am feeling a bit resentful about his away time from the family and will have to share that with him when we get some alone time...

Anyhow must run and get my kids moving........they want to stay up all night and sleep all morning.......but this is a new month........

Sorry for your loss marble.

Cathy hope things stay quiet for you!

Bye for now. Going to tackle my kitchen cupboards........I am loving my new range........maytag gemini.........what a treat.

LIz

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:35 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Afternoon

Marble, so sorry for your loss

Liz, WOW enjoy your holiday, I could have used one this morning lol.

Cathy, enjoy your time w/out your boss (I know I do )
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 02:02 PM   #6  

Cin, I'm so sorry your DD's friend turned out to be an idiot with no integrety...unfortunately, there are a lot of them running around. It's his loss I'm sure.

I had my first acid treatment and it is not for the tenderhearted with a low threshold of *pain*....that stuff is so strong it took my breath away after 1 min. on my skin. Unofrtunately, I had it done, then got the bad news, so I was leaking tears down my freshly peeled skin and OW! OW! OW!!!! I kept blotting my eyes.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #7  

Hi all....just dropping in to say a quick hello.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 04:50 PM   #8  
CIN

Hello everyone,
Marble.first of all I am so sorry about your loss of a loved one. I started to comment on expected and unexpected death but realize it is different for all so there is no need to discuss that one! It is never easy and everyone handles death diferently. My prayers are with you. I know God knows who "Marbles" refers to ! ( sincerely)

I went to the Dr today hoping to get answers for my tireness. Everything checked out perfectly normal including my cholestrol and all those things that have been high in the past. He said that having the large intestine removed had a lot to do with that and I will be retested in 3 months. NG tubes have a way of depleting some things ( boy do I know that).....none the less I was hoping for a better explannation for my fatigue but guess it is still due to surgery. It is improving. Guess I wanted a pill to perk me up. ( no comments please )

I am planning on returning to a few meetings (work) next week. Sure hope I feel like it.

Caught some sun catchers on clearance at Walgreens......went a bit overboard........how tacky can 11 thingies hanging in a window be? What was I thinking????? I will leave up 3 and hide the others. Perhaps give them as gifts at Christmas or if anyone says they like them!!! I will whip them out of the coat closet!

Later taters
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 04:53 PM   #9  
CIN

P.S. Liz...my grandaughters love the Build a Bear thing for Birthdays! It is really popular here too. Wish I owned one!(the business that is)
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:43 PM   #10  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, it sure does take a long time to catch up on a week and a half of posts. Marble, I've very soory for your loss. The face peel sounds excruciating. I don't have a high tolerance for pain.

CIN, I wish you felt more energetic, but major surgery will knock you out for quite a while, I'm told.

April, I was glad to see that you had one day of sun in your posts. I guess you have to be thankful for what you get, even the rain.

Leens, enjoy your week without a boss. That's always a pleasure and like a vacation.

Cathy, I'm sorry about DS panic attack. How is he doing now?

Liz, enjoy being off nights soon. I hope you get the new job.

For everybody else, I hope you're doing great.

The cruise was nice, but I wouldn't do it again. The whole focus is on eating, eating and more eating. I did gain 3 pounds. I wasn't too surprised since I was bored, bored, bored when not eating, eating, eating. You all get the picture. The scernery, though, was to die for. Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, and Victoria were all beautiful. But nothing was as inspiring as Hubbard Glacier in AK. It was just so incredible. I loved it and took 98 pictures. Thank goodness for digital cameras where you can take as many as you want. I will set up a website on the trip in the next few days, then post a link so you can see the cruise pictures.

Past the 3 pounds, things are going good. My house was so dusty when we came home I had no choice but to clean. It looks much better now. DS didn't heat the pool right so it is cold and not real swimmable. Probably will be back up to temp in a day or two so I can restart doing laps. All 3 dogs are in great shape and I missed them terribly. I'm really not a traveller - I hate to be away from home. We took them on a hike yesterday and they loved it. So did I.

Well, that's about it. I will be back later.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:14 PM   #11  

Hi again everyone....DS3 was over for a visit with his GF....he borrowed our utility trailer & our car to take some things to the swap shop at the dump. They had had a garage sale over the weekend.

DIL is still in the hospital on bedrest with pre-eclampsia....her blood pressure is still elevated...but not in the dangerous zone....the baby is 34 weeks & 1 day now....DIL might be induced this week.

Marble.....so sorry for your loss.

Cin....our DS1 & DIL....last year gave us a Build A Bear Border Collie with a pup in her mouth....they built it...it has a leash & a birth certificate....it's really cute.

April
Old 08-01-2005, 06:50 PM   #12  

Good evening everyone!
Cathy, don't you love it when the boss is away? Mine is gone this whole week as well.
Marble, I'm sorry for your loss, stuff like this can take you by surprise. Where do you get these acid treatments, are they expensive? I have a very high tolerance for pain (or so I think, I have lots of piercings and enjoy them, but I can only imagine it is no where near childbirth, lol)
Cin, 11 sun catchers? LOL, they will make good christmas presents, or stocking stuffers?
MMarie, you did great with only gaining 3 lbs, I went on a cruise before and I know exactly what you mean about it being all about the food!
April, wow, I'm sorry to hear that your daughter has pre-eclampsia. Can't wait to hear all about the baby!

I've decided to switch it up a bit, I'm changing my weigh ins to Friday's. I like Monday's, but I've done Friday's too and love that as well. Anyways, tomorrow I am starting bellydance classes! Woohoo! I am so excited to get back to this, I took a couple classes before about 3 years ago, and I adored it but just never stuck to it. I ignored the fact that I don't like my size right now, and signed up anyways! The only problem is that it starts at 6 pm, and I get off work at 5, but it takes 30 minutes to get home. Oi, I might have to just get off work early so I have time to change and eat. The class is 2 hours long, so I should definately be getting a workout (finally!) I've also been looking into joining Golds Gym, they have a womans only floor, so I would be much more comfy, and I have heard that it is under 40 a month. All I know is I definately need to start working out if I want to keep on losing weight, and I need to be more strict with my eating habits as well.
chixyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:52 PM   #13  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! Holiday monday here. To bad the weather hasn't co-operated, but at least today has had more sun than rain.
Marbles - sorry for your lost. Good to hear that you were able to return the lost kitty to her home.

Marie - congrats on gaining only three pounds, I've heard that cruises can be "diet" killers. Once you get back to your regular routine I'm sure you'll get rid of them soon. Look forward to seeing the pics.

CIN - sorry about your dd, but like you said, better now than later. Take it easy, you've had major surgery and it takes the body a bit to get back.

Liz - hope you hear what you want with the new job prospect. I don't think I could handle roatating shifts.

Cathy - enjoy your time without the boss!

April - glad you DIL is out of the danger zone. It sure won't be long before you'll get to snuggle a grandbaby! Are both of your sons in Victoria?

chixyb - good for you for signing up for the dance classes! Two hours will be quite a workout. Have fun!

And I hope everyone else is doing great on this first of August!

We enjoyed the drive-in Sat night. One nice thing with the clouds, they were able to start the movie at 10pm and they were done by 2am, so not as late as I was expecting. I can understand why people were concerned with young children going to that Star Wars. We did enjoy Robots though.
DH has actually had all day Sun and now Mon at home with us. But it sounds like he'll be gone for a bit after this. (he drives truck)
I have to go to town tomorrow and check my mom's house and dd17 wants to check out EBGames. Mind you looking at these carpets I think I may pull out the carpet cleaner. Glad they are small! (one advantage to a small place!)
Anyway I have to go and get dinner going. Take care everyone.
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:39 PM   #14  

K...the son who has the pregnant wife lives in Port Coquitlam....near Vancouver. DS2 lives in Victoria.

April
Old 08-01-2005, 11:49 PM   #15  

Well I am ready to hit the pit!

See ya tomorrow!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote