30 Miles

*Smiles*
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Sigs/bb62_phone_sunnyd.gif
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

shoequeen69
08-01-2005, 09:21 AM
Hi Sunny! :wave:

Well July was not so great for me. I was too busy moving and it was way too hot here. So I got in a measley 2 miles. :nono: August is already starting out better. We managed to wake up super early this morning and get a 2 mile walk in! Good thing we did it early because it will be a level red ozone day today, not to mention about 100 degrees this week. Hopefully I will be able to do more this month, but no promises because August is the hottest month here in Texas. I'm going to set my goal for 10 miles. Hope to see everyone back here again. Later! :beach:

Michele L
08-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Well, August means back to school for ME and my kids. That means less time for exercise, but I PROMISED myself to do more about trying to lose weight and get healthy. So.....my August goal will be 40 miles. I've done 50 since July 5, but I think that getting my classroom ready will cut into structured walking time. I'm doing the Walk Diet, which is 32 miles this month. And I tend to do more than 1 mile a day, which is what most of her weekdays recommend.

Have a wonderful Monday!

Michele :wave:

Dinahgirl
08-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Hi everybody, although I didn't meet my 50-mile goal for July, I'm starting fresh for August. I did a 3-mile WATP dvd today.

Because I will be traveling for my job a lot this month, I'm going to ratchet my goal down to 40 miles. I find it very difficult to exercise when I'm traveling, but I will try!

Good luck to you all and be careful in the August heat.

Dinah :D

pixiefalls
08-02-2005, 12:03 AM
I just started today with 2 miles of brisk walking with WATP, so I hope to keep that up ;).

cathyxxx
08-02-2005, 09:39 AM
good morning gang :wave:

I cannot believe that another month has flown by already! :faint:

I guess I will set a goal of 30 miles for August.

I did 2 miles this morning with perky Leslie! she is really perky for 5:30 a.m. ;)

August Miles = 2

hugs,
cathy

macdeez
08-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Well it sounds like everyone is off to a wonderful start this month! :) I'm sure you'll all reach your monthly goals! :)

I've decided that since I walked 76mi last month I'm going to aim for 100 this month! DH and I found a new route to walk that's 6.5mi so on the cooler days we'll be walking that. Managed to get 4mi in last night and will do at least that again tonight. :)

Well ladies, I hope you all have a happy and healthy day today! Keep up the great work! :)

~mel

Soon2BFitChick
08-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Hiya Sunny, Amy, Cathy, Mel, Dinah, and everyone here plus all of the newbies~!!

I'm doing ok, still so busy I can't seem to think sometimes!

I wanted to tell ya'll what happened to me too. I think you all know how I log my steps every day with AmericaOntheMove.org? Well, I sent them my success story just for fun and a few months later (last week actually) they called me to see if I would like to fly to Boston to film a national public service announcement with them for Sept. 28, which is something like American On The Move Day. I called her back and had a bad connection in my car, on my way home from court for the baby, and she said I could call her back the next day. When I did, she had already found enough people for it, sadly enough. :( So she said she is going to have her copy person call and get info from me to put my story on the website. So that will be neat, if and when. Anyhoo, be watching for that commercial on tv. Wish I could have gone! Dang it! Ah well, maybe next time.

I am so glad you all are still up and running. I hope to be soon as well. I still wear my pedometer every day, and although I never sit down, except to feed babies, I'm only hitting 4-5k every day, or less. I'm standing cooking, doing dishes or laundry. There is no running involved with all that! LOL.

Take care and do well! Talk to you all soon hopefully. Hugs!! :wave:

fma4mom
08-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Okay ladies, do you mind if I join you? I am back doing my WATP dvd's plus trying to keep track of steps during the day here at work. My goal is for 62 miles for the month of August. ;)

magallina
08-02-2005, 05:38 PM
I want to publish my goal for this month: 1080 min. of walking or another kind of work out.
I'll be still eating healthy and tasty, and I know everyday closer to my first goal :p

Good luck to everyone!

macdeez
08-03-2005, 12:56 AM
First of all, welcome to the newcomers! Looking forward to getting to know you along the way! :)

Selina... Sorry to hear that you missed out on the chance to be on TV, but it looks like you'll still be acknowledged for all your hard work! *Big ol' pat on the back* You deserve it, lady! :) How are things going? Have they slowed down at all? Keep in touch whenever you can and in the meantime please take care of yourself! :)

As for me, food and water was right on target! :) And I got in another 6mi tonight. I'm 1/10 of the way there. :tread: Oh, and I forgot to mention ealier, I'm down another 2lbs! Woop woop! Slowly inching my way to the finish line....!

Well, I hope you all had a great day today! Take care of yourselves! Type you all later....!

~mel

shoequeen69
08-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Hi to all the newbies! :wave:

Selina that is so cool that AOTM called you! You go girl! Keep in touch. I love to hear about the kiddos. :)

Ugh. Well I have my official weight from my doctors visit yesterday. And I am NOT happy about it. I'm up to 191. Thats a 5 pound gain in 2 months. Ugh. I know its my own fault for not exercising enough or eating right. But still, it hurts to see those numbers go up again. :tantrum: Hopefully I can get back full swing soon. So far we have had 4 days of level red air pollution. I don't know if any of you have experienced these but they just make you feel awful. Its down to level orange today but I still feel awful from it. Well aren't I just a Ray of sunshine? haha :p Ok, thanks for letting me whine. Good luck to everyone. I'll see you all soon. :crazy:

Alicat
08-03-2005, 02:16 PM
I would like to join also please. I'm going to try for 50 miles this month. It may be a little high for me but I'd like to shoot for it. I've done 9 miles this month so far but I also had 2 really good days :) I'm looking very forward to being part of this group!

Dinahgirl
08-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi everybody! Welcome newbies, even though I'm kind of a newbie myself. I'm off to a pretty good start. Monday, I did a 3 mile WATP dvd. Yesterday, it was not horribly hot out, so I walked 4 miles in my neighborhood to a Kathy Smith walking cassette (which I LOVE -- like having your own personal coach while you walk). Today it was raining so I did a 4-mile Leslie Sansone fat burner dvd.

So I'm at 11 miles for August! YAY ME!

I think the American Heart Association Heart Walks are coming up in September. I'm toying with the idea of joining up. I think it's a 5k. Has anybody ever done any of these?

Cathy, you're right...Leslie is perky, but not as perky as Denise Austin! Argghhh.

Take it easy everybody and love yourself!

Dinah :)

macdeez
08-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Just on long enough to post my miles... 3 for today! :)

Hope everyone is doing well! Keep up the great work... all of you!

~mel

shoequeen69
08-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Hey Alicat! :wave: Is that your pretty ki-kitty? Beautiful! :D

Hi everyone else! I don't have any updates, just wanted to say hi! :hyper:

magallina
08-04-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm sooo proud of myself! I went to mom's house yesterday and it was like I went for shopping. I was looking into my former closet (lol) and I found clothes I've not wear since more than 2 years, at least. Well, I try to fit in a 7 size jeans, and... I DID IT! :cb: :cloud9: :cheer:
Although it's nice achieving a goal, this is my first one: Fit in a 7 size jeans. Next goal is about 9 pounds away that is Zip a 5 size, and the last one is being a 5 size in a lean body. :write:
Now on, I have to continue making my effort, and next week I'll be going to the gim at least 3 times a week and alternate with my walking program. :ebike: :strong: :wl: :tread:

Thank you, thank you all :encore:

Soon2BFitChick
08-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Ok, checking in for a sec. You all are doing great! Love it!

They called me today from AOM. We set a time tomorrow at 7pm to talk and get all the information for the article. I'll give you all a link when it gets done! This should be fun. :D

I asked them not to put that we are foster parents bc the kids are embarrassed to be called foster kids. So I didn't wanna hurt their feelings, and decided to put that we just have two kids. (Makes my life sound really easy, just two kids???) LOL. But it's better this way. The older ones don't want to be called ours bc they do have their own parents still and they don't wanna be called foster kids either. It's a hard situation for them. I don't wanna make it worse.

I'm down to 212. Uggh.. this sucks. Wish I were lower!! Take care! Emily is crying. :(

macdeez
08-06-2005, 12:03 AM
Hey ladies... just a quick post tonight. Up to 21mi thus far with another 8-12 to rack up over the weekend. :)

Hope you're all keeping well! Take care!

~mel

cathyxxx
08-06-2005, 10:06 AM
good morning walkin buddies :wave:

I just did a 30 minute 2 mile Walk & Kick dvd.

August Miles = 4

Now I've got to get ready to head out to a bridal shower

hope all is well

hugs,
cathy

Dinahgirl
08-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Hi everybody...hope you're having a great weekend. I walked 4.2 miles this morning so I'm up to 15.2 for the month.

Dinah :dizzy:

Michele L
08-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Hello all! I haven't been here since Monday, but I have been walking! I reached my weekly goal of 10 miles, which is 3 more than this week's Walk Diet! I'm 1/4 of the way to my August goal of 40 miles and have a total of 58 miles since I restarted on July 5. The scale is not moving, but I am feeling better physically. Hopefully, the scale and/or the clothes will start to show positive changes :tread: very soon!

I'll try to check in more regularly! You guys are wonderful motivation!

magallina
08-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Well, I'm back :flame: . Since monday to saturday I've excercised for 140 minutes, so it remains just 940 minutes 2 go. I hope next week I can do much more than this one, because this days were very busy doing office job.
Tomorrow I have to take my measures so I hope some advances in the scale, because of I've been eaten so right :eating2:

pixiefalls
08-07-2005, 01:36 AM
Hi everyone :^:. I haven't set a goal, but this month is my first month on the diet so I'll see how much I accomplish this time and set up something near it next month.

So far.. 7 and 1/2 miles! woohoo

Dinahgirl
08-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Happy Sunday everyone. I walked five miles today, bringing my August total to 20.25 and halfway to my goal of 40. I guess I'm trying to hurry because I'll be out of town a lot this month. My feet are killing me now!

Dinah

macdeez
08-08-2005, 01:09 AM
Hey girls... hope you're all doing well and making your way closer to your monthly goals! :)

Got in another 4mi tonight... so I'm up to 25 for the month. 1/4 of the way there.

Anyway, I should take off for now, but take care of yourselves and I'll type you all later. Stay happy and healthy!

~mel

Michele L
08-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Well, I did 2 miles yesterday (WATP-Abs with the belt) and 2 miles today (WATP Original with 3 pound weights). That puts me at 64 miles since I started. I'm hoping to reach 100 before the end of the month. For some reason, that number really MEANS something about what I'm doing for myself!

Happy walking!

Michele L
08-09-2005, 11:11 AM
I did another mile this morning--The Power Mile with 3 pound weights. Hoping to do more later, but we have lots of errands to run, so don't know how time will work out.

Happy walking!

magallina
08-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Yesterday I went for another 70 minutes at the gym, so 940 - 70 = 870 min.2go :tread:
May be today I cannot go to the gim, but I have a lot of work at the backyard :halfempty that I don't even know where to start

Trixie14
08-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Hello Everyone!!

I havn't been here in a bit but I've been busy, I don't really know how many miles I would like to reach this month b/c Im afraid it won't be too many so I'm just going to do what I can, yesterday I walked pretty much from one of end of town to the other and back! At 4:30 I walked downtown and met my friend Ashley (took me 20 minutes walking slower than usual b/c I didnt want to wait around too long for her - she was getting her nails done and wasnt done until 5)

Then we walked to Mcdonalds (bad I know but she wanted it, and I had no money) I just had a nugget happy meal, then we walked to A&W to meet our friend Joey (dont worry we didnt eat there too! lol YUCK) then we walked back to my house, then to 7-11 to meet Joey, then we just hung out and walked a bit, so I'm guessing we walked about....2 hours maybe...so 5 miles walking at 2.5 miles per hour (we didnt walk too fast, it was hot out) thats about 577 calories! :) Now if only I could do that EVERY day!

I walked for 30 minutes the other day, so that brings me up to around 6.5 miles for this month.

Alicat
08-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone!
I was away for a long weekend but today I got right back to walking and walked 3.8 mi. I got in really late last night so I might skip yoga today and go tomorrow. I need a nap.
Shoequeen69: Yes that is my small meow. I have two. This one is the nice one. He always looks at me so adoringly. Actually, he looks at everyone adoringly. He thinks he's a dog.

macdeez
08-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Evening everyone! :wave:

Only have time for a quick post today... off to dinner in a sec, here. Walked another 8mi since my last post (total of 29) and will do another 4 tonight. Today I did 35min of strength-training and a 20min jog. I've decided that every week I'll up my jog by 10min until I reach an hr. :) I'm hoping to be able to do a full hr of strength-training one day soon too. We'll see.

Anyway, I hope you're all keeping well! Keep up the great work, everyone!

Take care. Type you later.

~mel

cathyxxx
08-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Did 3 miles this morning.

August Miles = 7 (I have got to get myself in gear) :tread:

hugs,
cathy

magallina
08-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Yesterday I did 45 minutes, so I'm 825 minutes away from my august goal :p
Today I'm going to the gim again, so I hope I can do more than yesterday :ebike: and be healthier day after day :cloud9:
So, see you tomorrow everyone! :wave:

Alicat
08-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Ugh! I'm stagnating on the scales. But I did walk another 3.8 at lunch today and will do another .7 on the way to yoga tonight. I't so hard to stay motavated when the scale doesn't move :(
Oh well, maybe soon...Friday is my official weigh in day so I still have time to make some progress.
Good luck eveyone!

Michele L
08-10-2005, 04:01 PM
I know what you mean about a plateau! I haven't changed in 3 weeks and I've been consistently walking for 5! Oh, the scale moves up and down by a pound or two (I'm guilty of weighing just about every morning), but nothing consistently DOWN :(

I'm just telling myself that I'm gaining muscle with all this walking!

Just did Walk Strong Express with the stretchie. My muscles are telling me I shouldn't wait so long between toning sessions! I use the boosters every time, but not quite like this tape does :eek:

Hope everyone else is having a great walking week!

Michele L
08-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Well, I felt like doing more, so I hopped on the treadmill and did 1.44 miles in 30 minutes. Not a very fast pace, but I had the incline up pretty high for part of the time, so my heartrate was going. I'll squeeze in the other .56 mile either today or tomorrow so my numbers even back up.

Dinahgirl
08-10-2005, 06:49 PM
quick post then gotta cook dinner. Walked 2.25 miles, brings me to 22.5 miles for the month. I really need to get back to the toning thing!

Dinah

shoequeen69
08-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Wow. You are all doing so good! :D

I'm not :mad: but I hope to get back on it soon. I got in about 1/2 a mile last night. I should get in some good walking time tomorrow. I'm taking the day off and going with friends to the new IKEA store in Frisco. :love: Can't wait! I really have to get back into walking big time. I committed to a 2.2 mile walk for the Alzheimers association. Its not a long walk but since I've been doing NOTHING I could have trouble doing it. :( So hopefully next week I'll be full swing again. Sounds like you're all doing great! :bravo: Later! :wave:

Sherrita
08-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Hi everybody! I haven't been on in a long while! Been very busy. I haven't done much walking, but I have been doing other exercise. I want to get back into the walking though. I'll only set my goal for August for 15 miles. Maybe next month I will be able to set my goal higher.

Hope all is well with everybody! :)

Michele L
08-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Just did the 1 mile DVD from the WATP book. I like the nice brisk pace. I'm planning on doing more in a little while and then we have school registration--YAY!

Happy walking!

Jazzmine
08-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Ok-I am jumpin in here-A little late, but I am hoping to finish the month strong. I have been doing a 1 mile tape w/ 5# weights every day since Aug 3rd.

My goal will be 30 miles of WATP walking...so I need to get a couple of 2 mile days in there too!!

Michele L
08-12-2005, 11:27 AM
WOW--5 pounders? My arms complain sometimes when I do 3!! What else do you do to get 30 minutes per day, since the 1 mile is only 15-20? Just curious......always looking for ideas.

I did the 1 mile Super Challenge this morning. I LOVE the brisk pace that just gets more brisk! I may not get any more in today. I think I'm going up to school (I'm a teacher) and get started on my room. Next week's meetings will eat up a bunch of time and decorating is something I can only do THERE (unlike planning). Besides, I have 2 kids here who can help put tape on posters!

Have a great walking Friday!

Jazzmine
08-12-2005, 05:13 PM
What else do you do to get 30 minutes per day, since the 1 mile is only 15-20? Just curious......always looking for ideas.

LOL-Nothing very exciting!! I go for a 35-45 min walk each evening

Michele L
08-13-2005, 11:47 AM
I did 3 miles this morning. The original Walk Strong is quite the workout--especially for the legs :eek: ! Then, I did the 1 mile Express with the stretchie. I have done 15 miles this week!

Have a great Saturday!

teresa1222
08-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Hi, everyone
I guess I'll jump in, too. (about 11 days late :( ) I'm gonna really kick it in gear. My goal is to walk at least 20 miles by the end of this month. Good luck and good walking!!

Dinahgirl
08-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi all, I did the WATP 2-mile fat burner, which is an interval routine with weights. I'm up to 24.25 miles for the month. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Dinah

cathyxxx
08-13-2005, 06:05 PM
my exercise for today....I cleaned for over 5 hours :faint:

hope everybody has a great weekend!

Jazzmine
08-13-2005, 07:39 PM
I did a 1 mile this am.

Wow Michele L !!!! That's all I can say is WOW!!! :) Awesome

Sherrita
08-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Did 4 miles today. Got to get atleast 11 more in this month. lol

Michele L
08-15-2005, 07:55 AM
My legs are STILL sore from Saturday's Walk Strong workout :eek: ! I did no formal exercise yesterday, but I did take my daughter to the big mall an hour away and walked, and walked and walked! Pedometer broke 16,000 steps :D!

I'll get back to walking today, but I also have to run to town (40 minutes away) because one of my son's gray shirts bled all over the rest of the load and Hancock Fabrics has the ONLY thing I've found to save the clothes! Carbona Color Run Remover is a wonder! The shirt had a flag on the front (that I missed when I sorted) and it turned things pink :headache:.

Anyway.....I'll do at least 2 miles today. My new Muscle Mile tape should be here this afternoon, so I may do 3 (2 this morning and then try it out). Hopefully, my legs will warm up and stop hurting!!!!

Happy Monday (my last free Monday for awhile, with school starting)!

Alicat
08-15-2005, 08:33 AM
Good Morning!
I walked 1.8 on Friday and 1.4 Sunday on my way to yoga. I have been going to yoga twice a week for the beginners class and Sunday I thought there was a class at 5:30 but it turns out there was only a moderate class at 6, so I went anyway. It was challanging but I did it! I may try to go to Yoga 3 times this week (1hr. and 15 min per session) in addition to the walking. Not tonight though, I'm still really sore from yesterday. I went to dinner and a birthday party Friday, an all day out door concert and then out to dinner on Saturday and I still stayed with =in my WW points. The sad thing is that I haven't lost an ounce in weeks! Oh well, nothing I can do but keep trying......

Michele L
08-15-2005, 06:47 PM
I've done 3 miles today. This morning, it was the 2 mile WATP Abs. Then, this afternoon, my new Muscle Mile arrived and I just HAD to do it! I may even get on the treadmill this evening!

Alicat
08-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Wow Michele, that's motavation! I added another 1.8 yesterday and I hope to do an additional 5.2 today, although that's a lot to ask.
How is everyone else doing today?

magallina
08-16-2005, 11:07 AM
I was out of town for a long weekend, but I'm back
I was making just a few fo walking while I was out, just 90 minutes total, so 825-90= 735 min.to goal.
I lost a pair of #s, so I'm still doing great :cp:

Sherrita
08-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Did 3 miles this morning. August miles: 7.

Hope everybody has a great day!

Michele L
08-16-2005, 11:23 AM
I didn't end up doing any more yesterday, but that's OK. I've only done 1 mile so far today (the Muscle Mile again), but I plan to do more. I just have several errands to run and then get to school and work on my classroom. If I haven't squeezed it in before then, my husband and son have a Scout meeting tonight, so I can do at least a mile while they're gone.

I DID lose 2 pounds in the last week :D :cheer:! I am happy about that. Slowly, but surely, it will come off!

Have a great day!

Cindy_Gail
08-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi!

I've walked approximately 11 miles so far in August. I started Tae Bo and have gotten in 45 minutes of swimming too. Not bad since I had back problems for about a week earlier this month. I'm feeling good now though.

You guys are doing great - no, awesome! You're inspirational!

Alicat
08-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Ok so I did do my 5.2 miles yesterday and I think I may do the same today. That would put me at 37.9 for the month and I think that puts me ina good position to make my 50 this month.

Sherrita
08-17-2005, 09:45 AM
I did 3 miles this morning. August miles: 10

Michele L
08-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Only did the 1 mile yesterday, but I've already done 2 (WATP Express) today! I'm on track for the week and things are gearing up with teacher inservice starting on Friday. I spent 3 hours in my classroom yesterday afternoon and STILL have TONS to get done! Good thing hubby and kids are are going camping this weekend! Usually I go with them, but I HAVE to get things done! They understand, and we have several more trips planned yet this fall (gotta use that new pop-up camper we bought!).

Have a great walking Wednesday!

PS: I added the Power Mile after I posted the above note! Keep walking!

sugarbutt
08-17-2005, 05:04 PM
where do you get these DvDs i really wanna get involved with this... reading about what these DVDs do for yall i want in on it... wheres the cheapest place or webby.... thanks jen!!

Michele L
08-18-2005, 08:24 AM
Ebay has been a great source, though many of them are used. She has a website (lesliesansone.com), but shipping is a bit steep. Walmart and Target often carry some titles. Amazon.com has several titles. Overstock.com also is a source. If you type in Leslie Sansone or Walk Away the Pounds, in any search engine, you will find lots of places.

Good luck and happy walking!

Alicat
08-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Happy Thursday Everyone! It's almost Friday....
I only did 3.2 miles yesterday but I'm still on track. I will try for 3.8 today. We'll see how it it goes. As long as I make 40 miles by the end of this week I should be a little ahead of schedule.
I'm think of getting a pedometer. I'm interested to see how much I usually walk in a given day.
It looks like everyone is right on track! What a great group this is!

Michele L
08-18-2005, 11:02 AM
I've done the 3 mile WATP-Abs already this morning. Hoping to do more, but with back to school prep, that may not work out. I'm still ahead for the week (and month).

Keep walking!

Sherrita
08-18-2005, 01:20 PM
I did 2 miles this morning. August miles: 12

macdeez
08-18-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm up to 44mi as of last night and will do at least another 6 tonight. That'll put me 1/2 way to goal. If I walk 6mi every day for the next 10 days, I'll be there! :)

Keep up the great work, ladies! :)

~mel

Rakkoon
08-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey everyone can I join in? I just got my new stroller delivered this morning. Long story, it broke last week while on my morning walk. But any way, I really need support. I got really lazy this week, did nothing up until yesturday when I popped in a dvd and worked out.
Before my accident I walked 3 miles a day plus Tae Bo.
What are the rules to join? :)

magallina
08-18-2005, 04:50 PM
I walked 100 min. yesterday, so I'm 635 min. to go :spin:

shoequeen69
08-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone! :wave: I've been MIA for a while. I still am not where I would like to be exercise wise. I did end up walking like 5,000 steps just at work earlier this week moving my office from one end of the building to the other. And I actually got up yesterday morning and did my 20 minute Denise Austin DVD. Yes she does remind me a little bit of a posessed Barbie Doll but the woman is definately in shape and deep down I kinda like her. haha :lol: Sounds like the rest of you are doing pretty good. Keep it up. Later!

sugarbutt
08-18-2005, 06:43 PM
thanks.... ill check it out later

Jazzmine
08-19-2005, 06:59 AM
:wave: I am still here and still walking!!! Hope to have a few minutes today to give a complete update!!

Great job everyone!!!

Alicat
08-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Good Morning everyone,
Yesterday I did my 3.8 and today I plan on 1.8 but this will put me over 40 miles so I'm feeling pretty good about that.
Hi Rakkoon! I'm kind of new here too so I might not be the best one to answer you but I'll try. I don't think that there are any technical rules except that you should post your monthly goal and then try to make it. Some people like to go by amount of time walking and others by miles. A number of ladies seem to by doing a Dvd, whereas I like to walk outdoors. Some people like to post their progress often and others only once in a while. I like to post every weekday. It keeps me honest :)
You can make mention of any other excersize you did if you'd like to share.
Please let me (us) know if you have any questions.
Good Luck!

macdeez
08-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Welcome Rakkoon! Looking forward to hearing of all your successes! :) Yup, Alicat, pretty much summed things up. We're usually a more active thread although during the holidays, ppl are usually too busy to post. I imagine things will pick up again in Sept. :)

Good job, ladies, for all your hardwork! You're all doing amazing! :) Keep it up! :)

As for me, I got in 7mi last night and will do another 6 tonight. That will put me at 57 for the month... still capable of reaching my goal of 100. :) We'll be walking at least 4mi every night until the end of the month so I may even surpasse my goal. Who knows? ;)

Nothing else exciting to report. Just wanted to pop in to post my miles.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Take care of yourselves and stay HAPPY and HEALTHY!

~mel

Sherrita
08-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Got in a mile this morning. August miles: 13

Have a great Friday!!

Jazzmine
08-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Looks likethe last time I poste miles, was 8/13 so here's the update

8/14-1 mi exp
8/15-1 mi exp 5.68 total exercise miles
8/16-1 mi exp 2.24 total exercise miles
8/17 1 mi exp 4.69 total exercise miles
8/18 2 mi-walk strong and all day walking at convention total miles 10.29

Michele L
08-19-2005, 09:06 PM
I did the 2 mile WATP with my 3 pound weights tonight AFTER being stuck in my sweltering school all day! I may even go do 1 more mile to get my 40 yet tonight!

fma4mom
08-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Oh my! I forgot all about me coming in here earlier this month and saying I was going to join you all! Not a very good poster!! But good news is I have been with you all -- walking -- so far this month I've got in 43 miles and my goal for August is 62. So it looks like I'm going to make it. I've been doing my 4 Mile Super Challenge almost every day for the past 2 weeks -- unfortunately my 3 mile dvd has decided that it doesn't want to play anymore -- but I need that extra mile anyway.

You are all doing such a great job! Keep those legs moving and that water bottle in reach! I promise to come post more!!

;)

Michele L
08-20-2005, 09:03 AM
I can't believe that I went and did 3 more miles after I posted last night!! I was just going to do 1, to reach my August goal of 40 miles. But.....I have 2 new tapes (ebay is great!),so I decided to do Walk Away the Stress (after I did WATP Express 1 mile). It wasn't quite what I expected, but it was a good 30 minute workout! I thought it would be a slower, calming pace. It is just as brisk (and in some cases more brisk to me) as any other 2 mile workout! In a couple of places she does too many arm reps for me and I had to stop for a few. Oh, well.....gives me something to work on!

As you can see, I surpassed my August goal and am on my way to being in the 100 mile Club (10 more to go!)!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I had the night to myself last night. Hubby and daughter (age 11) are camping til Sunday and son had a sleepover at a friend's house. Tonight is just me and son (age 9).

Chat with you later!

Jazzmine
08-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Congrats Michele!!!!

I did walk and jog this am-It was new to me, so a challenge. Leslie says it's equal to 2 1/2 miles walking outside.

Dinahgirl
08-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi everybody,

I haven't been in for a week or so, but I'm up to 29 miles for August. I WILL make at least my 40-mile goal. I'll be out of town on a work trip all next week, but I'll be in a location where I should be able to exercise most days.

I was a slug this week though. Well, not really a slug, but a lot going on and it has been really, REALLY HOT this week. :hot: So I exercised Monday and then not again until today. I did a 2.5 mile WATP weight loss walk.

Have a great weekend!

Dinah :sunny:

Soon2BFitChick
08-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Hi you all! I see u are kicking some tail with all ur exercising! I am still trying to get all my steps in. Most days I don't hit my 10,000 but that's ok. I'm happy to hit 5K each day! LOL That's better than 2,000! I'm not losing but trying to maintain and will hit it harder after Labor Day, which is a full weekend at my mom's for Emily's baby shower and going to church with mom with 6 kids! It's gonna be a busy time so I know I won't exercise! Don't you just love excuses! Uggh! Anyway, glad to have you all to chat with about it all! I hate that I have gained some back, and I'm fighting to win this battle! Hugs to you all, hope to come back again soon! Bye for now!

Alicat
08-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Wow you gals are really putting on the miles!! I finally saw my scale move (in the right direction for a change!) at my Saturday weigh in. It's only 2 more pound but that's 2 more then I've been getting. I started the Wendy WW plan and I think that made the difference. I'm going to stick with it and see where it takes me. Because of that long weight loss drought the first half of the month, I doubt that I'll make my August and my birthday goals but at least I'm moving forward and that's SO much less depressing. Thank you guys for your support and motavation.

magallina
08-22-2005, 04:20 PM
I walked another 120 min. more this weekend, so 635 - 120 = 515 min. to go :jig:
I've not drop any pound yet, but I'm still losing centimeters and although I can see difficult to achieve my mini goal, I'm not giving up :nono:

Michele L
08-22-2005, 06:16 PM
I got myself out of bed at 6:10 this morning and did the 2 mile Express tape! Then, this afternoon, I came home from work, changed my clothes and did the Muscle Mile BEFORE I did anything else! Now, my 3 miles for the day are done and I can get ready for my kids' "Back to School Nights" without that hanging over my head!

Hope everyone else is having a good walking Monday!

magallina
08-23-2005, 12:05 PM
515 min, and I went yesterday for 60 min. walking and 25 biking, so I'm 430 min. away from reaching my august goal :angel:
Just have to keep the good work :flame:

Alicat
08-23-2005, 02:06 PM
I made my 50 miles! I eally didn't think I could do it, but the weather has really been cooperating. No rain and not TOO hot. I'll bet I can do another 10....
New goal is 60. I'm a glutton for punishment.

macdeez
08-23-2005, 03:22 PM
WOW, everyone is doing so great! Keep up the amazing work, ladies! :)

I'm up to 65mi so far... but feel like I'm lagging, hardcore. I've been hit with another bout of insomnia (come in awful waves that seem to last for a month or two) and haven't been asleep before 4am in days. Definitely makes it difficult to get up with DD at 7:30! :(

I took my measurements on Saturday (take them on the 20th of ea. month) and am down 7.5" from my previous measurements! And today was WI and I'm down another 2.5lbs... still another 6lbs off of my birthday goal (and only 2 weeks to go), but that's ok. I've decided that I'm going to really focus on getting as close to 135 as I can before then... and will be ok with wherever I am.

Nothing else to report from this end. Not sure if I'll make my monthly goal of 100mi... not much time left. I'll do my best. Will walk 6mi tonight and another 6 tomorrow night (providing I don't need toothpicks to keep my eyelids open :lol: ).

Congrats to each of you on your successes! You're doing fabulously! :) WTG!

Best wishes!

~mel

magallina
08-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Well, I went yesterday for 60 but I did 70 min. of excercise, and I felt so well :strong: I didn't see that today I could make same as yesterday, but I'll take the day off, and study a lot for my next semester test I'll have next saturday :write: I hope I'll do it good :crossed:
Anyway, everytime I go to the gim I feel sooo good, that I think I'll go more often from now on :yes:

360 min to goal :cp:

Alicat
08-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Hi Everyone,
I am at 55.7 miles so far.
Macdezz, I saw that you mentioned that you are trying to make a brthday goal for your birthday in 2 weeks. Me too! I have until my party on 9/10 to loose a few more pounds (I doubt I'll make my goal) and fit into my party dress. When is your birthday?
I'll check in soon!

Sherrita
08-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Did the 2.5 mile Walk/Jog this morning.

August miles: 15.5

Michele L
08-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Got up this morning and did the 2 mile Abs tape. Then this afternoon, I did the WATP book DVD and hit the 100 mile mark!! I am so proud of myself for sticking with this as long as I have! It took me 7 weeks and 2 days, but I DID IT :D :cb: :cp:

Hope everyone else is doing well!

macdeez
08-26-2005, 01:55 AM
Hey girls! Sounds like everyone is pluggin' along just fine! Good job! :)

Alicat, yup, I'm tryin' to meet a goal of 135 by my birthday on Sept. 4th (Sunday). I actually WI every Tuesday so I'm actually giving myself until the 6th... and since DH and I aren't really celebrating until the 9th, it all works out in the end! ;) Keep up the great work, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that your party dress fits perfectly! :)

A few more miles logged... but still 20 off of my goal. Blargh. Ah well. It'll be close. :)

Take care, ladies! :)

~mel

magallina
08-26-2005, 12:52 PM
ok...360-120=240!!! :angel:
Yes!!! I'm so close! I know I can do it!!! :cheer: And I'm feeling greater everyday. I'm so anxious for september begins to stablish a new goal and reach it :write:

Michele L
08-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Didn't do any formal fitness on Friday--the first week of school kicked my behind! So.....this afternoon I did the 3 mile WATP-Abs tape. I owe myself 2 more miles for this week's Walk Diet, which I'll probably do tomorrow. I took 2 unstructured days this week, but I got more than 13,000 steps on one day and more than 15,000 on the other one, so I don't feel bad!

Hope everyone is having a great walking weekend!

AllieNVegas
08-27-2005, 07:42 PM
I just found this group. I look forward to joining you all in September.
I do the Leslie Sansone Dvds.
See you in the challenge next month.

Reading the posts has been so motivating to read that eveyone here does not give up, that you keep on going. You are AWESOME!

AllieNVegas
08-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Does anyone have the Leslie Sansone Short cut Abs or the WATP for Abs? If so, how do you rate these?

Does anyone have Leslie Sansone:3 Mile Power Walk or 4 Mile Power Walk.
How would you rate these?

I have the 3 mile WATP and the 4 Mile Super Challenge. How does these compare to the ones above?

Michele L
08-28-2005, 05:21 PM
I have the WATP Abs tapes. I like them a lot. The 4 mile Super Challenge is more challenging than any of the Abs tapes, but the Abs tapes work muscles that the Super Challenge doesn't really work. I have about 2 dozen WATP tapes/DVD's. I have the 3 mile Power Walk, too, but I've only done it once, so I can't really compare yet.

I did the 2 mile Express tape this afternoon and then later I did 1.07 treadmill miles in 20 minutes with a pretty tough incline for part of it. I FEEL GOOD :D !

Alicat
08-29-2005, 08:41 AM
I hope everyone had a good weekend!
I went to see thr Rolling Stones on Friday, they were awesome!!
Anyway, my weigh in day is Saturday and I did quite well for a change. I lost 4 pounds this week! I couldn't believe it! I might make my August goal, which I was starting to think was just a dream. Only one pound to go, I will do an end of month weigh in on Wednesday and maybe I'll have made it. Plus that will be my first 10 pounds and that feels very monumental. I really think that the walking and the yoga has helped a lot but I think it was the Wendy WW plan that got my metabolism moving again. I highly reccomend it to anyone at a plateau. Anyway, I'm looking forward to joining the September thread. This group is so great. I brag about it all the time!!

Michele L
08-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Way to go, Alicat! Wish I could reach 10 pounds!

I didn't get up this morning and walk and then the kids needed my attention (homework patrol) after school so I didn't do any walking until 7:30. That usually means I DON'T walk, but I DID IT!! I did the 2 mile Walk Away Your Stress. It is a brisk one! Aside from being very hot and sweaty, I feel great! And I'm still on track for Week 5 of the 6 week Walk Diet!

Have great week!

Dinahgirl
08-29-2005, 09:47 PM
I did a 2-mile WATP dvd and then uppper, lower and abs from a Denise Austin dvd. Two-tenths of a mile and I'll be at my 40 mile goal for August!

Dinah :cb: :dancer: :woo: :cp: :lol:

Soon2BFitChick
08-30-2005, 12:04 AM
Sherri, Michele, Sunny, Dinah, Mel, Alicat, and everyone who posts here now! How are you gals? I'm good. Would like to have a few more pounds off by now, but I'm ok with where I am. I will hit it much harder after Labor Day when I'm out of town for Emily's baby shower. I walked this morning for almost an hour, plus tried to add extra steps all day. I think it was a good day, 1410 cals and 20.5 grams of total fat. Should have had more water tho.. Oh, I wanted to tell you all also that America On The Move (americaonthemove.org) has interviewed me and is posting an article about my weight loss and some of the things that helped me lose on their site. It should be on there by Friday. I think it will motivate me to keep going, or at least I hope it does! Glad to see you all are doing so well! I love this place, keeps me on my toes! Take care!! :wave:

Michele L
08-30-2005, 08:25 AM
I got up this morning and did the Muscle Mile. Didn't have time for more, but at least it's something! I'll come home this afternoon and do at least 1 more mile. PLUS.....I lost another pound :D!! I'm finally back below where I started the summer! Now to get back in one-underland!

Have a great Tuesday!

Alicat
08-30-2005, 08:54 AM
Michele, great job on sneaking in a mile or two where and when you can. I can't walk today because the weather is crumy and my boss wants to bring lunch in. I am fighting tooth and nail against pizza. I found a place with a nice chef salad instead. I hope he listens... It bad enough that I won't be walking.

magallina
08-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Well, I did another 250 mins last weekend, so I've reached my august goal :dancer:
EYEYEYEYEYEYEY!

macdeez
08-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Hey girls... quick post today. Managed to rack up another few miles and am 3 away from goal. Not sure if I'll get a chance to get them in today, and I'm not gonna beat myself up if I can't. I figure 97mi is a great achievement!

WTG everyone for kickin' some tail this month! You all did fabulously! :) Looking forward to September with each of you! :)

Take care and have a great day!

~mel

Dinahgirl
08-31-2005, 08:36 PM
For a hot humid month, everybody has done so great! I made my goal and passed it -- 42 miles!!! :cb:

AND, my cholesterol test came back normal! :cp: I've been working for a year on my diet and exercise and finally some tangible results...now if I could just lose a pound or two... :sumo:

That's okay...We are all awesome!!! Balloons for all of us and on to September!

:balloons:

Dinah

You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.

SunnyD57
09-01-2005, 10:02 AM
LINK to the
SEPTEMBER THREAD --> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=949563#post949563post949563

*Smiles*
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Sigs/SunnyD_sunflower_Teddy.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Patriotic/katrina2.jpg