Exercise! - Exercise Accountability # 17 -- August '05

Ilene
08-01-2005, 12:56 AM
Hi everyone :wave: ... I had a coffee after supper and look at me I'm still up at almost 1AM :tired: ... So I decided to start the Exercise thread.

I've noticed that many of us exercisers are very busy in the summer and the weekly exercise thread gets lost at the bottom of the page sometimes. So in my tired wisdom at 1AM decided to make the Exercise Accountability thread for the whole month of August. If anyone has a better idea or would like to return to the weekly format we can certainly switch it easily. We can go back to the weekly thread in September when we're all back to more regular routine...

So, since it's 1AM I haven't exercised yet :lol: ... I'll touch base later and add my exercise for the day......

srmb60
08-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Well, I was looonnnggg gone sleepin' by 1 am! And now it's 9:35 and I've still not exercised. I have a bit of a muzzy headache that needs to go away before I do the first day of my second week of Body Sculpting Bible.
I knew I wouldn't be able to take a rest day on Sunday. I went for a bike ride 'round the country block. It was very nice.
This week I'm going to keep a closer eye on my fat intake. It creeps up very easily.
I'm unit clerking this week instead of patient care. It's more sedentary (scary). Sooner or later I'm going to have to decide if I'm going to get up early to do my BSB routine or do it after work (7ish-3ish). I only have to do the weights thing Wed and Fri so maybe tomorrow I'll get up and do cardio and see how that goes. If I'm not a zombie I can get up on Wed to do weights.
I'll probably end up in bed by about 7:30 pm snoring!

srmb60
08-01-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm kind of a pest when I'm home. Frequent poster :)

I did my weight workout. My little arms still drive me nuts! For the second set of extentions I had to put one weight down. Only 5 lbs!

In the BSB they recommend that you do stiff legged deadlifts from the top down. It's much easier to keep your lower back in good (protective) form that way. I like them.

srmb60
08-02-2005, 07:42 PM
I got up at 5:30 but did not do much. I was on the elliptical for a few minutes but I worried about getting my lunch ready and getting my hair fixed in time ... just not a good scene. So I went for a bike ride tonight. There's my cardio.
I got home from work and a little while later my youngest son came home too. He watched an old show on TV and I did abs on the TV room floor ... and we chatted. Later I was thinking how things have changed around here. A couple of years ago, he would have thought I was nuts. Now none of my family thinks it's weird if I suddenly break out into fitness.

srmb60
08-03-2005, 06:56 PM
It is soooo hot and sticky here! I did do the BSB weights but it was lethargic to say the least!
I've got a sort of quad pull thing happening. Ballet squats hurt! If it's not feeling better on Friday (my next weights day) I think I'll make up a leg-less routine in place of the BSB one. That'll give it until Monday (return to day one) to loosen up.

Ilene
08-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Today worked chest, shoulders and triceps :wl: it was a great workout...

srmb60
08-04-2005, 06:39 PM
I walked 20 minutes this morning before work :tired: and I biked 20 minutes this evening :bike: . I haven't done any abs yet but I will. This is a good week :D

srmb60
08-05-2005, 07:25 PM
I didn't feel like tiddling around with counting and timing today so I did 25 minutes of heavier upper body. Then I went for a 30 minute bike ride on the hilly sideroad. I feel awesome!
I might go back to the weights.
I think I will sleep well tonight!

Ilene
08-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Today Saturday I did Back and Biceps and jogged some hills on the dreaded :tread: for 30 mins..... it was a great workout!

srmb60
08-05-2005, 07:53 PM
You in Australia today Ilene? :)

Ilene
08-05-2005, 08:05 PM
:lol3: @ SusanB

srmb60
08-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Yesterday I drove (is that exercise? it sure is tiring) almost two hours one way to go bridesmaid dress shopping with my daughter and two of her attendants. It was fun but tiring. I got some specials at a couple of grocery stores on the way home so by the time I got here and made supper for a couple of roofers I felt like blah! And yet the evening stretched before me ... lots of time and nothing to do .... guilt set in. i went for a bike ride. 30 minutes. It felt good. Between that and a dot of red wine ... I slept very well.
I have a more ambitious schedule for today which includes some tidying because the princess and her beau are coming for a couple of days. Instead of sitting at the computer I should be exercising!

Ilene
08-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Today I jogged to and from the gym, total of 5k, did some core exercises at the gym... It's all good...

srmb60
08-07-2005, 07:31 PM
I went for my bike ride round the country block (5 miles) and I did legs this evening. Feel nice and wobbly now. I think we're going to watch "Supersize Me" again this evening. My son (the pepsi king) wants to see it :)

srmb60
08-08-2005, 10:06 PM
I did upper body this morning. Awesome bench press, felt really good. I forgot to do push-ups which are turning out to be nicer than I remember :) My daughter was home so we worked out together. It was great.
Tonight I went biking again. I've set a goal for August because I'm so bad at cardio.

Ilene
08-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Susan -- Goals when you are slacking or not feeling like exercising is a great idea...

Today I did legs :strong: and biked 18k...

srmb60
08-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Ilene :s: , I believe God put you on Earth to make me feel like a weenie little woman. 18k????!!!!! :lol: I do 10 and think I'm supermom or something.
I'm going ... now ... right now.

hollybelle
08-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Ilene - I too, am quite impressed. Makes the 2.23 miles that I went on the elliptical rider today seem like small potatoes...hold the phones...I did do 2 miles on the treadmill and 20 minutes of weights!!! I wish that I could bottle the feeling that I get when I do workout, and stock pile it for when I need motivation. Of course, then again, this site provides a tremendous amount of motivation especially all of you "exercise buffs" out there...You're fantabulous!!

JuliaTN
08-09-2005, 08:55 PM
I wish that I could bottle the feeling that I get when I do workout, and stock pile it for when I need motivation
If you find a way I will happily pay lots for a supply. I was sitting here all afternoon thinking about how I didn't want to go to the gym. Made myself anyway and once I got there I felt absolutely splendid and completely enjoyed myself. Why can't I remember that from one day to the next? :?:

AngelKisssezz
08-09-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm new to the board, but I feel if I post here when I accomplish my workout then I'm going to be more apt to do it! :)

I worked out upper and lower body today and 20 minutes on the treadmill (until I got a big ole cramp :lol: )

srmb60
08-09-2005, 09:31 PM
I stepped out the door and DH the carpenter said "Can you help me with this for a minute?"
Two hours later ... it was dark :(
I'll do legs tomorrow ;)

Ilene
08-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Susan and Holly -- Your making me blush !! With time you will bring your exercise time up a bit too ... I've been at this for 20+ years now and in order to get the exercisers high that I like, I need to do more, PLUS I've gained 4# lately and I'm kicking the exercise up a notch :lol: ...

Today I ran for 1h07 don't know how far it was but I felt like I jogged all over freakin' town !!

Ilene
08-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Today I worked chest and triceps and some easy hills on the treadmill for 30 minutes...

srmb60
08-11-2005, 02:23 PM
My week is going 'you know where' :devil: in the proverbial handbasket! I can't believe it! My new car is having a stereo installed. So here we are the 3 of us working with one vehicle. I've been home for almost and hour and in another hour I have to take someone somewhere and shortly thereafter pick someone up. Then if the dealership ever calls, I have to find someone (who I probably have to pick up) to take me to get my car! And of course today is the day I got called to work at 0700 hrs :yikes: and they kept saying "I'm not sure when you can go home." :s: My poor old husband (who had the only vehicle) had to call twice.
All this is interfering with my fitness plan :tantrum:
So ... since you're all thinking then why is she sitting at the computer? ... I'm going to throw all my shake stuff in the blender, go for a bike ride and ignore the dust bunnies. The car dealership can leave a message!

LunaValkyrie
08-11-2005, 02:48 PM
YEAY!! Its been a while since ive been around, but hey!! Doesnt mean i stopped doing anythign!! Anyways, on Tuesday I joined a gym! I joined a gym (OMG not again)...but I actually like going to it ^_^. Its only $10 a month (+$5 for tanning wohoo).--Their whole thing is so the people who go there dont feel intimidated!... They even have a separate floor for people who want a quiet area!. Also...if anyone starts grunting, or having a bad attitude, they sound a really loud alarm and embarrass that person (bcause they are making people feel bad) :P ITs great!!!

Anyways, for my accountability: Today I spent 2 hours... O_O. 20 mins warm up on bike....9mins in the tanning booth...(snicker), then i did an Ab workout, then i did muscle build on legs (lots of knee work, i need them stronger so i can run soon) then i did 30 more minutes on the bike....and went home and waiting for the shower to be clear ;_; (does walking up the hill count from my parking spot ?) lol.

srmb60
08-11-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm feeling much better now. I biked five miles, did three sets each of calf raises and dead-lifts and my shake is delicious!

WaterRat
08-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Good for you Susan!! I've been lack in reporting here, and not too good on exercise either. Sigh. :( I went to the gym on Mon and had a good UBWO, but no cardio. Today I have my stuff in the car, and hopefully the car will make the turn to the gym instead of home when I leave work. Can't trust myself to not just go home and veg - as that's the mood I'm in. I know if I can just get to the gym I'll be fine. :lol:

Ilene
08-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Susan good for you for getting out there when everything goes to :devil: in a handbasket :thumb: The dust bunnies can wait, I know they do, cause they wait for me here ALL the time :yes:

Hey Luna welcome back...

This morning I ran for 30 mins, that's all I had time to do today, the rest of my day was filled with appointments...

Ilene
08-11-2005, 04:38 PM
:coach: PAT, GET TO THE GYM !!!!!!

WaterRat
08-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Yes, Mom! :lol: But I still have 4 hours at work to go...

srmb60
08-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Pat ... I have to do things on the way home from work. I never get back out. I could quite nicely be a hermit I think :)

I did upper body this morning. It was great.

It's drizzly here today. I don't mind getting wet but I don't like that calmmy feeling, cool, damp. So I think I'll try the bike but I might wait and go walk later. I haven't had a nice long walk in ages.

BTW ... I finally got my car back at 8:30 last night. Dragged my 23 y o reluctant (to say the least) son out to take me. The stereo is heavenly!

Edited to say that I did 5 miles on the bike. As soon as I got home it started to rain again!

WaterRat
08-12-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm with you Susan. Once I'm home, I want to stay there. I hate to go out again for anything, not just exercise.

Okay, mom, hit the gym and did some :tread:, planning to go back tonight for :wl:

Happy Friday all! :)

kittie
08-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Today I did 30 minutes of yoga! Yay!

Ilene
08-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Today I had time to do only an hour of back, biceps, and shoulders....

srmb60
08-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Buns of Steel today. From start to finish! I pooped out at 8-7-6 .... a couple of times. But I did workout from start to finish. It's hard!

Edited to add 30 minutes on my bike. I bought a basket and a rearview mirror today. My kids say I look like a nerd! :s:

srmb60
08-14-2005, 02:14 PM
I did legs earlier, all weights. Then after lunch biked 2.5 miles. My butt is achin' after that "Buns of Steel" thing yesterday. If it works half as good as it feels ... oooo weee what a behind I'll have.

Ilene
08-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Good Monday Everyone :wave:

Today it was legs :strong: and 23k bike ride... All is good...:D

srmb60
08-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Today was upper body. I just kept upping the weights until I couldn't do a set anymore. :wl: It felt wonderful. Then tonight I did the five mile block on my bike. :bike: I can't believe how sore my butt still is.
My food has been fantabulous for two days now. If I can stay this good for a week, I'll post my percentages.
And I feel really, really good today. :dancer: Ya know? Like everything is going really well. I feel good!

4rabbit
08-16-2005, 05:16 AM
Hi,
Back from holiday and I had a slow start to get back to excercise. Did 5 km on the treadmill today

Ilene
08-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Tuesday's workout: I had a very good run this morning... After about 15 minutes I met up with some gals on the trail who invited me to run them home, WELL, their pace is SOOOO much faster than mine that after 15 minutes, thank gawd we arrived at their corner, I was able to walk for 2 minutes after I left them... This made me realise though that I must up the ante here and set some goals. Thank goodness September and a new season is around the corner...

Welcome back rabbit :wave:

srmb60
08-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Ya know how at the beginning of some work-out videos, they suggest you watch the whole thing thru once? Well, that is too sedentary for me. I watched the basic moves on Kathy Smith's AeroBox, then I rewound and did them. When she and Michael Olajide (sp?) stopped to talk, I just kept repeating. I went into the warm up but I'm such a clod. I got all mixed up :) So I switched to Abs of Steel ... did that warm up and the first programme.
So that's 35 minutes of that and I'll go biking later.
I got called in to work for four hours this morning and didn't have time for my shake. Yogurt just doesn't cut it. I was starving by lunch. Luckily I was home and finally had my shake. I feel much better now.

Edited to say that I went biking for 25 minutes. So I have over 42 of my '70 miles in August' goal in.

Ilene
08-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Edited to say that I went biking for 25 minutes. So I have over 42 of my '70 miles in August' goal in.

Ilene
08-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Edited to say that I went biking for 25 minutes. So I have over 42 of my '70 miles in August' goal in.:bravo: keep it up !!

4rabbit
08-17-2005, 03:54 AM
Hi all,

rowing machine 15 mins today, and lower body workout followed by 5 - 10 mins of stretching

srmb60
08-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Must be rowing machine day. I rowed through Jeopardy, 30 minutes.
The other day my son passed me (on my bike) at about 8:15, driving into the sunset. He said it was very hard to see me. So I didn't go out tonight. By the time I got done work, went to check on my MIL who had a knee replacement last week, visited, bought quick supper, got home, cooked said supper .... it was already getting to the sunsetting straight down our road time. I'll go during the day tomorrow.

Ilene
08-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Wednesday -- Chest, shoulders, triceps, abs --- I feel :strong: :D

srmb60
08-18-2005, 11:15 AM
It's nice to have a day off! :D I went biking this morning and had my shake at a leisurely pace. Sometime later .... I'll do something else.
Maybe 'Buns of Steel' :yikes:

Ilene
08-18-2005, 11:25 AM
I went running with some gals who run at a faster pace than I do and it was a very good workout... 58 minutes...

srmb60
08-18-2005, 01:29 PM
I love being home all day! I did 25 minutes out of the middle of Buns of Steel and added calves and some abs for a complete lower body workout. Hmmmm ... now I still have the entire evening.

Ilene
08-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Friday -- Back and biceps -- 1 hour at the gym...

srmb60
08-19-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm having kind of a rough day. I'm not sure what's wrong. I worked from 7-11 this morning and then dragged my backside around home until I finally just went to lie down. I slept for over 2 hours and got up feeling worse.
The weather here is awful. rainy, windy, really windy!
I've had to cram down all 850 calories I've had today.
On the upside I did manage a fairly decent upper body work out. Not long but I can feel it.
Tomorrow we have a wedding that's a couple hours from home so my eating will blow and unless DH will dance ....

Ilene
08-19-2005, 11:38 PM
SusanB -- You must have needed the rest good for you for taking it, and don't feel guilty..... Have fun at the wedding do what you can, then start over the next day...

srmb60
08-20-2005, 07:21 AM
I got up early and got 4 kms in on my bike. Feels good. I'm still afraid of taking that one day off!
Thanks Ilene. We do need to remember to get enough rest, don't we?
Gotta go iron shirts :) We're off in 45 minutes. Did I mention that my son is a groomsman today? He'l be handsome in his tux, I'm sure :)

4rabbit
08-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Hi all,

I did not have time to post last week. But i did 2 times 6 km on the treadmill, 3 days gardening work, and today I did 2 km treadmill and UBW.
Last week I was totally sore from the LBW for 3 days. I love getting back into the routine. That is I hate the first 10 minutes, but I enjoy the rest of the hour. Goal for this week: 5 days of 1 hour excercise.

Oh and SusanB: You probabely needed that rest and now you'll look great at that wedding!!

rabbit

Ilene
08-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Monday -- LEGS !! :strong: One guy approached me today at the gym and jokingly said: '' Don't work so hard, you're making us guys look like wimps!'' Yeah that's me :D !! It was a very good workout...

srmb60
08-22-2005, 12:41 PM
It's one of those Mondays ... I'm soooo glad the weekend is over! I'm also glad this is not a nutrition accountability thread. :ink:
Yesterday things were looking up. I biked in the morning and shovelled chicken you-know-what in the afternoon. So at least I expended some calories.

I got called to work this morning so my exercise day starts about now. I've lost track over the weekend but I probably should do upper body and maybe row some.

No part of me makes men feel wimpy :lol:

WaterRat
08-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Hey exercisers, I'm back from a mini-vacation! Didn't do any formal exercise, but we were camping and canoeing, and I have to say, I really notice how much stronger I am and how much more endurance I have thanks to regular (well, somewhat :lol: ) exercise.

It was supposed to rain today, so I have gym stuff to go and do some :tread: after work but right now (11:30 am) it's really nice and I'm considering going home and getting my bike. Guess we'll see what the weather is like at 5 o'clock. :)

srmb60
08-22-2005, 09:19 PM
I did get at that exercise thing after all. Really had a lack of gumption today. I'm seeing some progress with lateral raises today and that feels good. I'm glad I finally got around to them. And I rowed. Not a canoe :) but I guess you paddle a canoe? Still sound like exercise to me.

WaterRat
08-23-2005, 12:39 AM
:lol: Susan, yes you paddle a canoe, and it is an exercise for your upper arms, mostly triceps and your back. My worst problem is maintaining my posture, esp as the paddle DH gives me is a little too long.

Weather did indeed deteriorate over the afternoon, and so I stuck with my gym plan. It hasn't rained yet, but it's very cloudy and extremely windy - not good bike riding weather.

srmb60
08-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Today I biked five miles and then came home and did legs. It was really hard work. I guess I thought I could lighten up on legs since I was biking but maybe not. I have a little more than 10 miles to bike to hit my goal of 70 in August, but I'd better do legs days too.

srmb60
08-26-2005, 01:34 PM
I biked my 5 miles this morning. Half of it into a nasty east wind. But it's such a beautiful day .... if #1 son would take me and my bike to the store, I could get a few things we need and bike the 3 1/2 miles home with the wind at my back .... hmmm
Oh and I still need to do upper body today.

srmb60
08-26-2005, 04:47 PM
A son took me to the store, so I've biked 8 miles. I was wrong about the distance. Still I feel pretty good about that. And I have oatmeal!

srmb60
08-27-2005, 01:41 PM
It's kind of a blah day here. Over cast and raining. I did abs until I had to rescue my laundry off the line. About 25 minutes, not bad I guess.
I think I'll have a nap. Maybe the rain will clear and I can go biking :)

Edited to say that I finally got 5 miles biking in. The rain stopped and the sun actually came out. Nice evening really.

srmb60
08-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Only one side of the 5 miles block I like is gravel. The rest are paved. One even has a nice paved shoulder. Today we have a stiff south wind. You got it. Straight up the gravel road. Man, I worked hard. Took me 7 minutes longer than usual. I'm sweatin'. Ain't it great?!

srmb60
08-29-2005, 08:04 AM
Oh my goodness! I'm posting a lot. I hope that means I'm enthusiastic! I had forgotten about a goal I'd set until I was reading here ... I've gone over my goal of biking 70 miles in August. I've gone over 77 already! I'm pretty happy about that.

Ilene
08-29-2005, 08:32 AM
:cp: way to go SusanB on the 77 miles!! Your enthusiasm does show :D...

This morning I ran for an hour, about 10k I guess... Later I am going to the gym, back and biceps...

srmb60
08-29-2005, 09:12 PM
Today I bike to the store in the little village up the road. I bought a diet Coke and some gum and biked home. 7 3/4 miles.
Then I put off legs until too late and only did about 15 minutes of hams, calves and gluts. My thighs are complaining since I started biking.

WaterRat
08-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Did a short but intense cardio session at the gym tonight! (Do we have an icon for patting yourself on the back? :lol: ) I was going to take my bike out for a spin, but it's been raining off and on - mostly on - all day.

Ilene
08-30-2005, 07:11 AM
Tuesday -- bike to gym, doing legs :strong:, then a longish bike ride afterwards..

4rabbit
08-30-2005, 07:20 AM
Hi excercisers
I did not get to post last week as my son was on-line almost continuously. His school has started again today.
Last week I met my goal of 5 hours of excercise.
So far this week I did 1 hour of rowing machine + stationary bike yesterday, and 1 hour run today.

One time last week i ran outside and it felt wonderful. I would like to run more, but I have to be carefull as I have a sore hip, so I tend to feel every step.

Rabbit

Ilene
08-30-2005, 08:08 AM
Rabbit -- Wow running outside !! Good for you!! Do you have good runners? Good shoes would help the pain in your hips...

srmb60
08-30-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm impressed by running of any sort!

Today I biked 7.5 miles and did upper body.

4rabbit
08-31-2005, 04:38 AM
Hi,

Ilene, Susan: Thanks for the compliment!! I use the same shoes for running inside and outside. I have thought of buying a second pair, but I have not found shoes with good fit yet. I have a very short foot that is wide at the front and most shoes in my size are just too narrow.

Today I did not run but I brought my daughter to school by bike. That is 10 kms, all flat. I will pick her up by bike again in the afternoon. And I had a good UBW.

rabbit

Ilene
08-31-2005, 08:44 AM
Rabbit -- I'm not sure where you're from but a reputable running store specializing in running shoes it your best bet. They will look at your walk, the width of your foot, etc, and take everything into consideration before selling you a shoe....It's well worth the $$...

srmb60
08-31-2005, 05:10 PM
All I've done today is bike 2.5 miles. I'd better do something better after supper!

Ilene
08-31-2005, 07:39 PM
Wednesday -- Chest, shoulders and triceps,

WaterRat
08-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Ah, my hopes of biking this week are washing away - it's been POURING all day. :( I'm off for a haircut and then to the gym for UBWO :wl:

dizzi_v
09-01-2005, 07:10 AM
I was wondering if I could join your thread?
I'm sort of new here I was here around a yr ago but life got way too busy so i had to stop...
My name is Heather I'm 21, married, go to school full time, and help my sister with her kids... I have started exercising 4-6 days a week 20-60 minutes a day... I really need some encouragement and just someone to talk to about working out and workout videos...

Tuesday I did: 25 minutes of Slim in 6 Ramp it up video and 25 minutes of winsor pilates...

Wednesday I did: 60 minutes of walking 3.0mph on my treadmill...

Ilene
09-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Welcome Heather :wave:... I'm going to be closing this thread now and will start a September Excercise Accountability thread, See you there...