WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday chatters for August!

View Full Version : Thursday chatters for August!

Mimi4fun
07-31-2005, 10:43 PM
I can hardly beleive that our summer holiday is half over. It sounds like you all go back earlier.
Have a great month.
Mimi

auntie
07-31-2005, 11:12 PM
Thanks for getting us started Mimi. I agree it's hard to believe that it's already August. Time flies.....

Hope everyone had a good weekend. We didn't do much, we went today and Pat bought me a new book bag, a lunch sack and lunch box. It was so funny, then he laughed and told me I would look like a nerd. What a guy! He was just joking.

Tomorrow will be the first day for all of the teachers to come back. All of the new teachers started last Wed. I'm a little nervous again but no like I was last week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a great Monday.

Tina
08-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Me too!
Mimi, thanks for starting us off for August. It's hard to believe another month is finished.
For anyone new to this thread, you'll find a lot of support here. Come join us!

It's ridiculous how early our kids have to go to school.
In Houston, they start back in another 2 weeks. My sister, a teacher, has to be at work next Monday.

Susan, have a great day tomorrow. Once you get there, it'll seem like old hat.
Mimi, you have the greatest neighbors to help you with your front yard.

Sis, I hope things go well and you learn lots from the nutritionist.

Tammy, you probably won't read this----but-----hope you have a good trip.

Amy & Jody, what's happening?

:flow1:

Little Sis
08-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Hi everyone.
Sorry I have been MIA. We have been doing lasst minute summer fun before the kids go back to school. They go to don't go back until the 22nd but we are just starting ou summer. Last weekend we went to Corpus Christi for 3 days. It was loads of fun. Brenden (4 1/2 yr old) wanted to spend the entire time at the Aquarium.

Tina- Yes I am feeling MUCH better, thank you. Nothing like going on vacation with a UTI. Yuck!

Well I am off to work in my daugthers room. (She is almost 9 and going into the 3 grade) Yesterday we bought her a new big girl desk, to be delivered later in the week. She has been using the one Sue and I had going up, it is too little for her to work and use her computer on. SO finally get it back and am going to put it up in my room as a Scrapbooking, stampin, and sewing table.

Sue - Take it one day at a time. Love ya!

Little Sis
08-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Just a quick post...

Sue and Pat had to put Betty to sleep yesterday. Pat was with her and said it was peaceful. Now Sťamus has his puppy.

Please keep them in your prayers.

Tina
08-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Amy,
thank you for letting us know about Betty.

Tina

auntie
08-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Hi All,

I've survived my first couple of days at Middle School. Everyone is very nice and helpful. It's strange to go into a build of all new faces but you guys know me, it won't be long before I know everyone.

Amy, thanks for the post about Betty. I'm taking it very hard even though I know she was sick. I don't need to tell you how much comfort and what a companion she has been for me. I know that Seamus is happy she is with him and they are playing.

Tina
08-03-2005, 10:41 PM
It's quiet around here today. :(

Susan, we are all so sorry for your loss of Betty. It's just not fair. :mad:

I hope everyone had a good day.
For me, I took it kind of easy as I had a sore throat last night and this morning. It's gone now but I had no energy today.
I took the opportunity to drink lots of water. What fun---but healthy.

Has anyone tried a new recipe lately or tried something new at a restaurant? If so, please share with us!

auntie
08-03-2005, 11:02 PM
It has been quiet here lately. I havent' been posting much either..... going back to work has been hard but good. I've come home exhausted every day!

I'm spinning out of control with my food. I stopped on the way home today and got a frosty. Soft ice cream seems to comfort me when I'm down. Not sure why, but it does. I have to get in control SOON!!!! I'm hoping that next week when I am taking my lunch to school everyday, it will help.

Tina, sorry you don't feel good. Make sure that you take care of yourself and get lots of rest.

Tina
08-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Question---

Does anyone have a fruit punch recipe? I need a healthy one, of course. :)

Thanks

auntie
08-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Sorry I don't have one, but it sure sounds good.

Hope everyone has had a great day. It's been a long one for me, we had 6th grade open house tonight. My one 6th grader didn't show up. I ended up interpreting for a deaf family. Someone forgot that their was one coming up. Luckily I knew the people and it was a piece of cake.

Tina
08-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Susan, I'm glad your first week is almost over. Getting that first one done is always a relief. How many students do you have? Are they all different grades?
I start painting our extra room tomorrow. I don't look forward to starting. I'm sure it'll get easier as I go along. First thing will be to prime the ceiling. Wow, what fun!

Jody, you are quiet.
Mimi, how are you doing?
Sis and Amy, please check in.
Tammy is probably tiring herself out about now.

WDWErin
08-05-2005, 02:22 AM
Well, I'm new to this thread - but, it's great to read about you all.

Little Sis
08-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Tina - I have a great recipe that was my grandmothers, but it is FAR from healthy. The base is 4 lbs. of sugar for a syrup. Sue can tell you that it puts you in a sugar coma. Sorry, there. Let us know if you find one.

Last night I went out with 3 of my close girl friends. We went and saw "Must love Dogs" with Diane Lane and John Cusak. If is a must see!

This week has been a good week. I have a new found drive when it comes to my weight loss. It also helps that the scale actually went down on Wednesday by 2 lbs.

As for school, my kids go back on the 22nd. This is going to be a hard year to get started. My 4 yr. old is starting 4K (his request) he loves school. My heart is breaking. Not to mention Amanda is going into 3rd. This will be the first time that it is just Zack and I. It will be a change for him, but a bigger one for me.

Tina
08-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Happy Friday one and all!!!! :D :D :)
Can you tell I'm happy and ready for the weekend! :)

Erin welcome to the group. Please come back and post, post, post.

Amy, my mother had a recipe that sounds just like yours. It had 7-Up and cherry juice in it, too, I think. (I've used it at lots of parties I've given.)
I'll let y'all know if I find a healthy one.
Are you doing the school shopping thing this weekend? It's "tax free."

How is everyone else???????

auntie
08-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Hi,
I am extremely happy the weekend is here. I'm soooo tired, I can't see straight. I've had 2 late nights at school, one for open house and tonight it was because our coordinator was there hanging out. I like the school and everyone is really nice. I'll have 4 kids and a 5th one coming at the end of the month. 2 of them are more involved than the other 3 and will present a little more of a challenge.

I've not been good at eating this week due to not taking my lunch and being able to eat out. I'll be back on track tomorrow.

Tina, the punch Amy is talking about is everyone in my family's favorite but it will certainly throw you in to a sugar coma :) Oh but is it yummy!!

Amy, I'm glad you got to go out with the girls, you deserved it.

Tammy, what's up girlie?

Erin, welcome to the group. We like to have fun and everyone is super supportive.

Well, off to try and stay awake until bed time, if not I'll be awake at midnight.

WDWErin
08-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Today - my first day on the flex plan - was EXCELLENT! I'm so excited about this 'diet'.

As for all of you getting ready for school - I certainly feel out of the loop! I start back to school on the 22nd of August - I'm starting on my Bachelors.

I homeschool my 8 and 10 year old - and we aren't going 'back' to school until Sept. 6th! I did go buy school supplies while it was tax-free, though!

Thanks for the warm welcome, btw! THis website is so informative!

Tina
08-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Hey, everyone look at my new tracker. I've made a bold goal for November. I go back to my ob/gyn for a check-up then. Wish me luck!!!!

Erin, glad you are with us. Good luck on the flex plan. It's my favorite.

Susan, I'm glad you have the weekend to relax. Be good to yourself.

I wonder when Tammy will be back?

Sis, Mimi, and Jody, please let us know what's up.
Amy, you will have an empty house this year.

Sis
08-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Hope everyone is doing better. Susan,I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Tina, hope your burn is getting better.
Welcome to the new people. Hope you like it here as much as we do.
I am starting my week of vac today. I am so happy to be home for a whole week. :D
Hope everyone has a wonderful week end. Take care all.....Sis :D

auntie
08-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Morning all (at least for 10 more minutes)

I've been cleaning off and on. I've also been on the verge of tears this morning so everytime I think I'm going to start, I do another chore. I'm missing Seamus and Betty. Just think I'm tired and overwhelmed. I'm also picking up Betty's things.

Pat's band is playing tonight but I'm staying home. It's at a real smokey bar and I hate going when it's real smokey.

Tina, I'm right there with you on going to the dr. I go in Oct. so I need to get my behind in gear!!!!!

Sis, I'm sooo happy you are on vacation. How is your daughter doing?

Erin, keep up the good work! That's great you are going back to school, what will you be studying? Tammy and I are both teachers.

Tammy, where are you? We miss you!!!!!!!

Amy, I'm proud of you, sweetie!! Keep it up, and give your big sis some motivation.

Off to do a few more chores..... I have a ton of wash to do. Any volunteers???

Tina
08-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Very strange----I didn't get a notice of anyone posting today. :(

Sis, a vacation sound heavenly. Have a great time. What will you do just for you?

Susan, I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. I can't even imagine what you're going through. Just know that you have lots of friends right here.

My fingers are almost well. I still don't have feeling on top of the old blisters but that will go away as soon as the rest of the blister pieces go away.

Tammy, are you home yet?

I've been painting for 2 days now. I'm about done with the priming. (I'm no painter and I'm not quick. :lol: )

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Oh, I'm going to start a new Goals Thread.

auntie
08-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Good morning,

Nothing exciting happening here. Wished we had won the lottery! :) Tomorrow, I'll start packing my lunch so hopefully that will help me in losing some weight. I went to the store yesterday and bought healthy stuff.

Tina, painting does not sound fun. We need to paint the outside of the house and are thinking about getting it painted just for the sake of time. Glad your fingers are better. Get Mederma for them and they won't scare as much either.

Have a great day.

Sis
08-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Hi everyone. Hope you are enjoying this beautiful week end. We aren't going anywhere this year, just staying at home and relaxing. We have a new puppy right now that need to be fed a couple times a day. She is such a sweetie. Our older dog is soooo tolerant of her. I was surprized, as she is about 11 yrs old now, but she seems to adore her too. :) The pup is going to be about 4 times the size of our older one, cuz she (the pup) is a Yellow Lab and our other is a Sheltie. Anyways is going to be a nice week. Hope everyone has a great day....Sis :)

Tammy
08-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Sis, your pup will be a bit bigger than the older one!!

Welcome to Erin!! You have joined a great group of women!

Susan, I'm so sorry about Betty. I know how hard things have been for you and Pat. You've been in our prayers and will continue to be in them. You will be great at the Middle School. It won't take you long to get the routine down and to make so many more friends.

Amy, I'd like to see "Must Love Dogs". Not sure about sitting through it though. I start hurting and have to get up and move around.

Tina, Hope you are over the sore throat. Painting is not any fun in my book.

Band camp was fun, but hot. Last Sunday before we left, I ran into the mother of one of the chaperones. I joked about whether Tonyah would survive band camp since it was her first time as a chaperone. Her mom told me that she wasn't going. This is at 11:00, and the check in was 1:00. The mom got her on her cell phone. Tonyah told me that she had talked to the band director and had also called my house to let me know that she wasn't going. The director knew nothing about it, and there was no message on the machine. I was NOT happy. Why are people so inconsiderate? We managed without her, but it would have been easier if everyone would have been there.

The songs and the show are going to be great. The kids got along, so it was a pretty easy week. The seniors did some silly pranks (turned the practice area in the gym completely around, put shaving cream on the handles on the sinks, put "poppers" on some of the doors so they would bang when they were opened, and other things). One of the boys was just disgusting. He had bought condoms and they were found in various places. The director and chaperones were not happy. His parents think that he is an angel and does nothing wrong.

Bob and Tim are in Indianapolis for the Brickyard 400 today. Kramer and I are hanging out here at home. I need to go to school and see if my room is ready. I have to get started or I won't get ready in time. It takes me forever to do things.

Have a great day!!

Mimi4fun
08-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Susan I feel for you deeply, I still miss my Peppy so much, but I try to concentrate on all the happy times, and just think what a wonderful life you gave to your Betty and how much she gave to you.

I finally finished the painting in Dan's room. It is beautiful, now.......... on to the next one.
I have been eating pretty good and trying to stick within my points. I started to pick up cookies and candy (my weaknesses) several times and talked myself out of them. I am being stubborn with myself and saying NO I will NOT.
Have a great week ladies.

Tina
08-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Someone here has great willpower. That person is Mimi. Wow, telling yourself NO to cookies and candy. That's great!!!
Mimi, want to come help me finish painting my room? :lol: I've gonna finish that thing as soon as possible. I need some normalcy back.

Everyone have a great Monday. I am going to get up, eat a healthy breakfast and exercise to the WW dvd tape.

WDWErin
08-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Tina, how do you like those WW exercise videos???

Mimi does have excellent willpower!

I teach children's church, and today at church I had cookies. I thought to myself, I already had cookies, go ahead and have some kool-aid. It completely went against everything the WW plan is about! If I had stopped at a cookie or two, things would of gone fine for the rest of the day.

But, instead, when I got home I continued on a trend much like that, until this evening. It's ok - because I reigned myself in, but from now on, I'm going to tell myself NO beforehand, so I don't go into a tailspin like that again!!!

I'll have a plan for next Sunday, for sure!

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow, too!!!

Tina
08-08-2005, 10:25 AM
It's Monday and the first day of the workweek! :):):):):) :D :D

Erin, I have the dvd exercise that was given out free. I LOVE it!!!! I haven't gotten down all the moves in the most intense part. My feet just won't turn that fast. :lol:

Hope everyone has a good OP day. In fact, I'm getting ready to exercise with that video---right now.

WDWErin
08-08-2005, 04:10 PM
I didn't get a free dvd!!! I want one, though!!! I'll have to check out what they have for sale on Thursday!
I'm not very coordinated, though - it could be a disaster! LOL!

So, how is everyone today? So far, so good for me. I'm still painting my living room, which is a blast with a baby, let me tell you!

It feels like I've cleaned up more paint on the floor than I've put on the walls!

So, Tammy - do you have children in a band? Do you play any instruments? I play the piano, but I just taught myself how about 2 years ago...it's alot of FUN! I find it VERY theraputic!

Mimi4fun
08-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Ladies if you will pay my way down I will finish your painting. ;)
Erin you can have my dvd if you like I am way too much a spaz to even try the routine again. I really did fall over my own feet when I tried it.
As for the cookies and candy you see here's the thing. Its my big weakness and I feel so hungry if I do have them it is like something gets switched on in my body. I often find that if I have a blow out day the next I am incredibly hungry even if I am eating all my points.
I am sure that happens to all of us but it was a revelation to me that I just have to really control the sweets. I still allow myself them occasionally and have lots of treats that I can have.

Tina
08-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Evening,
I can stay away from the candy and cookies (except at Christmas). It's the pasta and bread that get me. Whenever our son comes for a meal, I make sure we have some kind of bread or rolls. He loves that.
I just need to exercise every day. When I do that, I get the metabolism going and I start losing.

Mimi, I wish you could come down here and help me finish painting. I've got to get in high gear. I'm not sure when our new sleeper sofa will arrive. :)
I'm getting up bright and early tomorrow and finish the priming. (I goofed off royally today.)
Tammy---I'm so glad you had a good trip.

auntie
08-08-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm a bread lover too!!! I love anything that is a carb and not healthy for you!

I survived my first day of school. I had one young lady cry from 8:30-10:00, she was not a happy camper. She kept gathering up all of her things and was bolting for the door. We had to stand at the door to keep her in the room. Then once she decided she was staying she had a great day.

Well, off to print some pictures of my class for my board.

WDWErin
08-09-2005, 02:24 AM
auntie I'm studying Computer Science, and I'll get my teaching certificate - hopefully I'll teach middle school students computer courses, if not - I'll be teaching out of field for awhile :c)

I'm so addicted to the cookies/candies, too. But, I have also found that if I leave them out, I crave them less. The more I eat, the more I want. I wonder if this is a genetic thing? I have friends who could have one and stop!

Tammy
08-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Tina, I'm with you on the pasta and breads.
I wanted to sleep in today, but the guys were here to do the landscaping that we're having done. They started right outside the bedroom window. It almost sounded like they were right in the room with me! Scary!!

Susan, I will be the one crying and bolting for the door on Aug. 29. lol I really need to figure out what I'm doing in the room. I was there on Sunday and just walked around in circles! lol Today I'm taking Tim with me. Then we can both walk in circles.

Erin, good luck with computer science! My brother taught computer/business classes for quite a few years. He is now in charge of all of the technology in the school district where he started out. If I have problems, I call him. Our tech person in our district isn't quite as good as my brother. Don't tell him I said that. I don't want him to get a big head!! lol

I'm starting my 29th year of teaching. I've taught 5th, 7th, 8th, 2nd, and this is my first year at 4th grade. I'm very nervous about it, but I know I'll have support from the other teachers. Our administration and school board are all idiots.

Little Sis
08-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Bread. Bread. Bread. That's my biggest weakness. Especially when is hot! I used to have to buy 2 loaves of fresh french bread when grocery shoping and eat half of one on the way home. I would get home and Rob would look at me and say "was it hot (with a smile)".

:bravo: I salute you teachers. :cp: You are our unsung heros!

I started to school for elementary education and ended up getting my degree in accounting.

These days I am busy with girl scouts. I have a troop of 15 third grade Brownies and run the cookie and nut sales for 20 troops in our service unit.
It is a good thing that cookies are not my favorite, because if they where that would be a bad combination.

Tina
08-09-2005, 11:13 AM
I can see I'm not alone, being a major bread eater. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amy, my mother was a Girl Scout leader for years. She also worked in the main office for awhile.
One year, I was in charge of candy sales for David's Little League team. All those boxes of candy bars---chocolate with almonds........ (Back then I was at least 15 pounds lighter :) )

Everyone stay safe and OP today.

Tammy
08-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Hey! My mother was a Girl Scout leader too! I think we are all related. I was Tim's den leader for Cub Scouts and also coached some of his little league baseball teams. What a riot!

Well, I've been to school twice today. I did get some things accomplished, but there is so much more to do. The custodian told me that the floor in my room needs to be waxed, and they won't get to it until next week. I'm not going to get too upset about it, because it really needs to be done. Most of the rooms are only being mopped, not waxed. Because of that, I can't put things on the shelves or on desks in the room since they'll have to be moved for the waxing. I'm going to try to get the bulletin boards done this week. Then I'll feel like I'm really accomplishing something.

I'm chaperoning the band to a band show at a county fair about an hour north of here tomorrow night. We go early, eat supper, then the show. I get to do my first announcement for the year! I'm really going to miss the chaperoning next year. I might continue to do the announcing for the football games though, so I'd still be hanging out with the band after Tim graduates.

auntie
08-09-2005, 11:21 PM
Hi,

Ok now get this for the story of the day....... I got to school and we had NO ELECTRICITY. It went out yesterday at 4:00. It was hot and dark. We had to walk over to the senior high and stayed there until 12:30, they feed us hamburgers and chips for lunch. It was an interesting second day of school. My bolting young lady had decided that she loves me and had a great day.

Tina, did you get your painting done?

Amy, I'm so proud of you!!! You never cease to amaze me.... I don't think I would EVER be organized to all that you do!!!!

Tammy, I know everything will be perfect when school starts for you? What day do you start?

Erin, Good for you going to school.

Mimi, I wanted to tell you something and already forgot. If I think of it, I'll post again. I think I might be losing it. ;)

Have a great evening.

WDWErin
08-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Tammy - I was a secretary for the data department for our schools for quite awhile (actually quite a few school districts, since it was a consortium) I have to agree with you - many times the board members and administrators are clueless as to the actual needs of the teachers/students.

Little Sis - that's pretty cool that you do alot with Girl Scouts - my daughter really wants to join, so I think I'm going to let her this year :c) You're so blessed that you don't fall into the cookie temptation. That's where it's at for me. I love cookies. I think 20 of the 75 pounds I gained with my last pregnancy were from girl scout cookies!!!!

auntie - I can't believe there was no electricity!! I'm sure that made for an exciting day!!! LOL! I'm glad you're little girl who liked to bolt stayed put today :c)

Well, we are part of this survey website, and we were chosen to be taste testers for some oreo products. We were sent a box of oreos in the mail that we all had to try. (It's a blind taste test, so I have no idea what's different about these oreos) Anyway...I had about 6 too many oreos :c( I'm not sure how the exercise points work, but I'm going to go paint my living room for a while...I hope I work some of those evil cookies off!!!! IF I had never eaten one... LOL!

Other than that, I've had a great OP day - and I've really not done to much damage...

I hope you ladies had a great day,too!

Tina
08-10-2005, 03:53 PM
I had to log in this morning. No wonder I didn't get a message about all the posts yesterday evening. Hmmm?????? Wonder what happened?????

I'm still painting. I don't think I'll ever paint again. :lol:

auntie
08-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Hope everyone had a good day! Mine was pretty good. My girl tried to bolt again but we gave her a snack and she decided to stay.

Tina, every now and then mine does the same thing. I don't like it when it does it. Do you still have a lot of painting left?

WDWErin
08-11-2005, 02:48 PM
I never get messages about the posts? Am I supposed to?

I weigh in today! My first one since being OP. I'm so nervous! LOL!

auntie
08-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Erin,
You have to subscribe to the messages to notify you. The next time you post go all the way down tot he bottom of the page and it will say "subscribe" and it will give you several options.

GoddessInclined
08-12-2005, 01:55 PM
What a schmaltz I've been, not checking in!!!! I'm very sorry, chicks, my schedule has been completely insane lately.

We're getting ready to move, and getting the place we're moving into ready as well. I'm trying to finish up this project I'm working on so that I can be done at this job, and training to start another job at the same time. On top of all that, my body HATES me, and is telling me so by indigestion, headaches, and other various scatalogical problems. Is it too late to trade in for a more convenient, lower maintenance model?

So anyway....Sue, I am sorry to hear about Betty. :(

Tammy, congrats on your 29th year of teaching!!! I feel as though I'm on my 29th year of trying to become a teacher.

And to the rest of you.....greetings! And sorry I've been so infrequent...will try to do better despite moving madness.

all my love and have a great weekend!!! jody

Tina
08-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Hi all,

Erin, look at the top of this page and you'll see it says, "User CP." Click on that. Look down the left side until you see something like User Subscriptions. Click on that and you can add the threads you go to. Then, every time one of us posts a message, you'll get an e-mail. (Hope that was clearer than mud. :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Jody, it's about time we heard from you!!!!! :D :D :D :D Are you moving in the same area of town? I hope you aren't having to paint. I've been painting one of our bedrooms. Yuck!

Susan, I'm glad this is your last day of work for the first week!!!! Hopefully you can rest.
Tammy, have fun at the county fair.
Amy, do you have all the back-to-school supplies ready? :)
Sis, how was your vacation? I hope you took it easy. Have you gone to the nutritionist yet?
Mimi, I'm still waiting for you to come help me finish painting. :)

It's hot here. I'm really trying to drink a lot of water.
I'm looking forward to the weekend. Maybe a movie is in my future!!!!
I'll try to stay away from the movie popcorn.

WDWErin
08-13-2005, 12:49 AM
Thank you for all your help - one more question, how do I edit my weight tracker?

Tammy
08-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Susan, too funny about your student! At least she loves you and snacks now, right?
Our kids start on Aug. 29. Teachers have meetings on Aug. 25-26. I was at school last night working on bulletin boards. They started waxing on Thursday instead of waiting till next week. I should be able to really get started in my room on Monday. I'm meeting with the other 4th grade teachers Monday morning.

The fair was fun the other night. Our band looked pretty good. They were 2nd in the line-up, and the first band was interesting. Not very good. It made us look great!
No problems on the buses which is good.

Staples is having Teacher Appreciation Day today, so I'll be heading there to get my bag of goodies. I won 20+ posters there a few years ago, so I make sure that I make it to sign up for things.

I got my nametags done for the lockers last night. Might go in today sometime and put those up. Still deciding about sending postcards to the kids. I always did at 2nd grade, so I guess I might as well for 4th. Need to get those started.

Time to get Tim out of bed and get started on the day. Laundry is caught up so at least we don't have to do that. Need to pull weeds at the end of the house. They are overtaking the flowers. I'm not even sure the flowers are still alive! Our new landscaping in the front and one side of the house looks great. I wish we could have had them do all the way around the house, but that will have to wait until another time.

Sis
08-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Hi everyone. I have had a very nice and relaxing week off. I SO don't want to go back to work on Monday! We have just kicked back and done whatever came into our minds to do, swimming, boating & such. And the weather cooled off so that made it nicer too.
Tina, no haven't seen a nutr. yet but we have a dr appt for this month. DD is getting frustrated with the low carb thing. I totally understand that especially at her age. But she's doing good so far.
Hope everyone here is doing well. I kind of blew it this week for being OP. I wanted to get back with the program but it fell by the wayside. This week hopefully today I am getting back OP and sticking with it. I have to!! I have gained and I need to get it back off.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Take care....Sis :D

auntie
08-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi,

I'm so glad it's the weekend. I have a headache today, already took some imitrex twice and a nap. Glad I have it today and not during this past week.

I went to weigh in this morning and had gained 1.4. I have been real good this week with the only exception of having a King size Almond Joy and Peppermint patty one night. :D TOM is just around the corner, explains the headache today.

Nothing exciting here today. Just did some chores..... Hoping for a much calmer week with my youngin. The rest are great. I love them all. Off to feed the dogs and horses.

Tammy
08-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Sis, your time off sounds great. Just kicking back is a good thing!

Susan, hope you're feeling better soon. TOM can really do a number on us, can't it?

I went to Office Max this morning and they were having Teacher Appreciation Days there too! I hit Staples this afternoon. Loads of freebies!!!!

Time for a Diet Pepsi and sitting on the porch with Kramer. He's out on the glider now. He likes it better when I'm there because I keep it moving. lol Our dog is spoiled.

Tina
08-14-2005, 09:31 PM
How is everyone today?!!?
We had a nice shower this afternoon. That keeps me from worrying about not watering the grass. :lol:
I totally blew Program today. I'll start again tomorrow.

Tammy, it sounds like you'll have your classroom ready in time. Our schools begin tomorrow. I'm sure there are lots of excited kids around town tonight. we passed a couple of malls today and they were full of cars.....last minute shopping. I think most of the elementary schools have the kids wear uniforms now. That makes life easy for mothers.

I'm not full of info tonight.
Have a good Monday!

Little Sis
08-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Hope everyone had a good Sunday!

Tina- I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one that blew Program today. I'm right there with you.

Tomorrow is a new day.

auntie
08-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Nothing exciting happening in big McKinney. Still have my headache just not as bad, had it all through the night. Yuck!!! We went for Mexican today. I had beef and chicken fajitas and grilled veggies. It was pretty good. Only good thing is that I wasn't real hungry because of my head.

We just had a good shower here too. It's still lighting. Maybe we will get some rain. We really need it.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

WDWErin
08-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Good afternoon, everyone!!! I hope everyone's Monday is fabulous :c)

auntie, I hope you're feeling better, headaches are no fun.

Tina
08-17-2005, 01:04 AM
Hi all,
I hope everyone had a good Tuesday.
Susan, how is your class going this week?
Tammy, did they get your school room floor waxed?
Sis, when do your schools begin?
Mimi, you've been so quiet. I miss you, girl!!!!!
Amy, how did you do OP yesterday and today?
Jody, how is the moving going?
Erin, you sound upbeat! :)

Susan, I was thinking about you and Betty. My best friend had to have her dog put to sleep today. He was very old and had degenerating discs in his back. My friend and I have been on the computer, constantly, for 2 days.
I got some good news about my cat. His BUN and Creatine levels are a little lower than they were 6 mos. ago. He has minimal kidney failure. I was so scared that it was worse. He hasn't felt good for a couple of weeks.
His thyroid blood level is a little high and so I think that might be the reason. (He has hyperthyroidism.) Now you know more than you ever wanted to know about my cat. :D )

Everyone have a great day tomorrow. Drink your water!

Tammy
08-17-2005, 04:41 PM
My classroom was waxed last Th. and Fri. It looks wonderful! They completely stripped the old wax off, and they put on 4 layers of new. The custodian said that he knew that I would take care of the room and not let the kids make a mess out of it. Of all the classrooms, my old one was in the best shape of all of them. It hadn't been completely redone in over 5 years, and it still didn't need to be done. Yes, I'm proud!! lol

I bought some magnet strips at Staples today. I have posters that I planned to put up about the windows. I planned to use tape or sticky tack, but found out that magnets work. Happy!!!! My large storage cupboard is organized, and I'm almost finished organizing the large file cabinet. Next year I won't have to do all this unless they change me from one grade level to another again. I hope not!!! Oh! My desk drawers are organized too. Now for the shelves!! I still have a few boxes to go through, and I'm still throwing things out as I go.

Went to orientation at the community college today. Tim starts there on Monday, taking 3 classes. He'll have Band and English at the high school. The classes at the college count for HS credit AND for college credit. They will transfer with him to Ball State next fall.

I've been doing great on food and water. Snuck on the scales this morning, no loss, no gain. Boring. Maybe something will change by morning.

Tina, I wish our school had uniforms. I can't believe some of the things the kids wear to school. Some of the little girls look downright slutty. I'm serious! What kind of dog did your friend have? We've had concerns with Kramer's back. We really have had to keep an eye on him the past couple of years.

Susan, we went out for Mexican last night. I had a shrimp quesadilla. Yummy!!!

Bob is out mowing. Tim is cleaning up the weed mess that he and I created at the end of the house. It looks much better. Tomorrow we will work on the weed patch on the side of the barn. I know there are flowers there somewhere!!!

We've had rain off and on the past few days and it has been cooler. So nice!!

Mimi4fun
08-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Well let me tell you about my drive through Detroit on Monday.
They are redoing the ramps on and off the expressways so the traffic is detoured through the city, guess what no detour signs. I got lost going through both times. The second time I was alone in the car and more than a little nervous, I kept going around in a big circle, I finally stopped and asked for directions at a busy gas station. Whew I was sweating bullets(bad joke).
It is a tradgedy how many buildings are abandoned and boarded up. Too bad the land can't be at least bulldozed and some trees planted. You know you drive down all these terrible streets and then go a block over and there are nicely cared for little cottages and homes with flowers in front. Habitat for humanity could make a MEGA project out of the city. The massive amount of poverty is really a shame. Time to get off my soapbox.
I have had a pretty good couple of weeks but have been doing lots of extra hours.
I am on my way to the library to pick up some talking books for the car. I'll check in again soon.
Mimi

Tammy
08-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Mimi, I do not envy you at all having to drive through Detroit. When we picked Tim up at the airport, it was bad enough, and that wasn't even downtown. I agree that Habitat for Humanity could do something there.

I was at school again tonight for a couple hours. Background is up on all of the bulletin boards now, and I put some posters up. I also have 2 more garbage bags full of stuff to throw out! Whoever gets that room next won't have to go through much to see what's there.

That's all for now!

auntie
08-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Hi Ya'll,

I can't believe it's Wed. already, wish it was Friday :) Going back to work has been a change. I like it but I'm so tired. My girl did pretty good today. Yesterday, she REFUSED to get on the bus to go home. So strange!! and never a dull moment. She is a cutie

Don't really know how my food is.... I've not been real hungry and then I'm straved. I need to get back on CORE I think. I'll switch on Saturday.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Tina
08-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Evening,
It didn't rain today. Yea! I was getting water-logged. :lol: :D

Tammy, it sounds like your classroom is about ready. I'm sure it looks great!
Susan, how are you doing this week with all your students? I hope your headache went away. I'll bet it's been hard getting back into "the groove."

Mimi, what on earth were you doing down in Detroit????? Lots of cities have that problem. Our downtown was pretty desolated for several years. It has revived. Then, the Super Bowl helped even more by getting more restaurants and bars to open down there.

I also sneaked a peak at the scale today. I'm hoping it's the same or even better tomorrow. ;)

GoddessInclined
08-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi, all!!!

Still moving...have three weeks off work to get it all done, and I'm afraid it won't happen. Ugh!!!

Tina, I'm moving about 30 miles up the interstate....it's a good move, but Lord, do I hate moving.

Eating? Holy hannah, planned eating seems to have gone right out the window.....I'm just trying to stay sane these days....hopefully, can check back in a few days....everyone have fun getting the kiddies off to school (or welcoming them back, in some cases!)!!!

Love, me

Tina
08-19-2005, 03:52 PM
It's Friday!!!
Are we all excited about the weekend being here?? I am.
Larry has had to work the past 2 and doesn't this one. We don't have anything planned but to rest. There's a new movie out, "Wedding Date," or something like that. I want to rent that and watch it tomorrow night.
I am eating so healthy that it's great!
Isn't it amazing how a few pounds gone makes you feel better and want to do good!

Jody, stay sane and away from all the fast foods. :D
Tammy, is your room ready to go?
Mimi, are you back in Detroit?
Susan, I hope your headaches are all gone. Maybe you can take it easy this weekend. Hopefully your girl has calmed way down.
Amy, how do your kids like school? Have you been having lots of rain like we have?
Erin, keep up that losing. You're doing fantastic!!! ;)

Question----Does anyone have the WW lemon cake in their grocery stores yet? I got something in the mail talking about it coming out soon. It looks good.

WDWErin
08-19-2005, 05:44 PM
Thanks Tina!

Yup - I'm glad the weekend is here, although, my husband is working all weekend, so I can't expect to have TOO much fun!!! I did hit a few yardsales today, and picked up some pretty cool baby toys. It was great to get out of the house and spend money! LOL!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Tammy
08-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Big news! I can now see the top of my desk in the room!!!! Woo hoo!! Of course, I still have things sitting around the room, but I can deal with that. I just need to sit down, go through what's there, and fill the trash can! lol I really am pleased with the way the room is looking. Tim helped put up some posters today so I didn't have to climb a ladder or climb up on desks to do it. Bob found out that I had done that already, and he was not a happy camper.

Susan, your girl sure sounds interesting! I'm sure it will be an eventful year with her in your class.

Jody, Tim starts classes at the community college on Monday. He's excited about it. I think he'll do ok especially since he's taking classes he'll enjoy (government, history, psychology). His high school classes won't start until the next Monday, the same as me.

Tina, have a wonderful weekend with Larry!!! Haven't seen the WW cake yet. I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.

auntie
08-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Hi,
I'm so glad it's the weekend!!!! I am wiped out and have nothing planned except to get my hair colored tomorrow.

My girl was great today. She came about 20 minutes late and I was afraid it would set her off but it didn't. Her mom came and brought her McDonald's and she still did great. Only one out burst that lasted about 5 minutes. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!

I've done horrible on eating and exercising. I'm eating all kind of junk. I think I'll switch to CORE this week. I have to be good this week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Tammy, I'm sure Bob was not a happy camper.
Tina, I'm so happy for you!!! Can you rub off on me?
Jody, moving is no fun
Amy, Are my honeys excited about school?
Mimi, how are you doing?
Sis, Are you off this weekend?

Tammy
08-19-2005, 11:28 PM
Susan, I had my hair colored yesterday. I sure feel better when I have it done. I don't know why I let it go so long. I've been doing great on the walking, eating, and water. The scales have stayed exactly the same! So frustrating. Bob is losing, so that makes it worse!! lol

I think I'll go read and then hit the pillow. I love weekends, and I'll love them even more once school starts.

Sis
08-20-2005, 09:33 AM
Hey everyone. Hope all is well. Sounds like things have been pretty busy for everyone. I went back to work this week. Yuk! I sure enjoyed my time off. My dd school starts on the 29th of Aug. I don't understand why they just don't wait till after Labor Day. She is looking forward to it. Not much going on here. Doing fairly well getting back OP.
Hope you all have a wonderful week end. Take care.....Sis :)

Mimi4fun
08-20-2005, 01:30 PM
Hi just checking in. It sounds like you are all busy back at school. Ours starts the day after labour day. I will be going back to Detroit on Friday, I am hoping that this time my older son will come too. Dan and my ex are in Nebraska so it is a really long drive for them.Take care everyone. :)

auntie
08-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Wow it would be nice to start school after Labor day. Texas is talking about doing it next year but I'm not sure it is a go or not. Kids have been back for 2 weeks and I've been back for 3 1/2 wks (the 1/2 was for new teacher inservice) My district starts a week earlier than others around here but we get out earlier and have a week off in October. YEA!!!

Mimi and Sis, it's great to hear from ya'll!!!
Amy, Keep up the great work!!!
Tina, PLEASE PLEASE rub of on me!!!!
Tammy, I love to get my hair colored. I do it every 4 weeks religiously. My guy even came and colored it in the hospital for me. Talk about dedication.... I'll never switch from him. I told him he is one of the most important men in my life other than Pat, Dad, brothers and nephews!

WEll, I'm supose to be cleaning and stopped for a short break. Not really in the mood to clean but it needs to be done. Pat's mowing. I have another headache. I've had it all week long and I really think it's a sinus infection. My doctor called me in something for it. Talk to you later....

Tammy
08-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Starting after Labor Day would be nice. I could even start the Wednesday before Labor Day. Then we would have a 3 day week, 4 day week with Labor Day, then finally the 5 day week. I like to ease into things. Our county fair started yesterday and runs until next Saturday. We have so many kids involved with 4H, etc. They are at the fair constantly, and they are worn out the first day of school. A couple other schools in the county wait until Tues. or Wed. to start. We go right back on Monday.

Susan, I say sell the house and you don't have to clean it. Let the new people do it. I keep telling Bob that. lol I also say we should just throw the dishes away and buy new after we eat so we don't have to wash dishes. Goes for clothes too. Could get expensive though.

Sis, glad you enjoyed the time off. It's always hard to get back in the swing of things, isn't it?

WDWErin
08-21-2005, 02:10 AM
Well, I start school on Monday. I'm trying to get my house in order, because I start homeschooling on the 6th. Fabulous! I can't wait - but, we have alot to do before then!

auntie - the stories about that little girl are so funny!! She sounds like a doll.

Tammy - I like your philosophy on life - Throw away, and buy new!!!! Now, if I could just win a HUGE lottery to support that habit! I have to admit that I've been known to throw away some of the containers that I find in the back of the fridge...scary!

:P

I hope everyone's Sunday is awesome! You guys have interesting lives!

Tammy
08-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Erin, I understand completely about those containers in the back of the fridge!! It's awful when you can't figure out what it used to be! Yuck.

The dog just completely gutted his "baby". He had chewed a hole in it last week, so we found some stuffing laying around. Well, he finished getting the stuffing out. The living room floor looked a bit wintery with all of that white fuzz laying around. Not much left to baby. Time for a new one I guess.

Bob is out walking. I was going through school things again. Sure would be easier if someone would just do my lesson plans for me so I could just relax. I'm trying to get the first couple of weeks in my mind so it would be easier for me. I ran into some 4th graders today. One of them will be in my room, the other ones isn't. The 2nd one almost cried. I wanted to have him again since we go to the same church.

Tim and Jessica are at the fair again. I still haven't been there. Getting old I guess.

auntie
08-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Hi,
Nothing exciting happening here. I'm just so tired!!!! I could sleep all day. Not sure what is wrong with me. If I didn't have an appointment with my doctor in Oct. I would call her and have her run bloodwork on me. I'm wondering if my thyroid levels are out of whack. Or it could be I've gone back to work, a little stress, little emotional, grieving and it's 102 degrees outside... :dizzy:

Tammy, if you get someone to do your plans let me know, they can do mine too!!! The fair sounds fun!!!! To be young again......

Amy, hope Ms. Manda is feeling better. And my boy and Manda have a great first day at school!

Tina, anything exciting going on in big H this weekend?

Erin, how many classes are you taking this semester?

Well, off to go do something..... maybe take a nap

Tina
08-22-2005, 09:36 AM
It's Monday morning and I' slow getting started.
Tammy, that's so funny about Kramer. What a site---snow in the living room.
You are such a good teacher, someone should do your lesson plans as a reward! I thought county fares were just held in the fall? I guess I'm thinking about old movies. :) :D
Erin, you are not alone~~~~~I've thrown out containers because the thought of opening them was scary. :lol: :s: :lol:
Susan, you need a summer vacation. ;) I'm sorry for all your stress, grief, headaches, etc. Do you drink milk? For some reason, that comes to mind. Maybe more calcium would be goodl. (That idea came out of right field.)
Sis, Jody, Mimi, Amy-----have a great Monday.

I'm getting back on the ole treadmill today. My room is painted, the cover is off the :tread: and I must get rid of these hips!

Take care,
Tina

WDWErin
08-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Hey everyone!
Tammy - your dog sounds funny! We have two dogs - one is old and kinda ditzy, and the other is huge and primarily lives outside. He's scared of his own shadow, though - so, he's always looking for a way inside. Too cute.

Lesson plans! I homeschool, so I've had to do a few myself. Not on the same scale, of course! I figure it's all preperation for the future. I'm only taking one class this semester. I'll start full time in January. Fall is so hectic with church, homeschooling the kids, and the baby being so little still. Going to school fall time was close to a disaster last semester. I'll take it slow.

auntie - I hope you're feeling better, you sound discouraged. I can tell you've been through alot this summer. Give yourself time to heal. It's ok if you have bad days. There is no rule against that!

Mimi4fun
08-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Happy Monday everyone. Well we had an exciting weekend here with tornadoes for the first time in about 15 years. That I can live without. I took Friday off because I felt so out of it, everyone was glad to see me back today, a lot of my clients just cancel if I can't come so I feel guilty and sick at the same time. The house is so quiet without Dan here. It makes me wonder what I will do with myself 5 (?) years down the road when both guys have flown the nest. It is easy to keep to my diet when I am all alone though. Well have a good week everybody.

auntie
08-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Howdy,
Hope everyone had a good Monday!!! It's been a pretty good day here, I found out that I'm getting another new student next week that is pretty involved. Hopefully she will get into the routine soon. My girl has been doing great......

Here's the excitment here..... a skunk skunked 2 of our dogs in the middle of the night. The odor came inside, and woke us both up. Pat went out and cleaned dogs. I thought he was just up because of the smell. He stayed home today to air out the house and you can still smell it when you first walk in. The other night we smelled a skunk too..... don't they know we rescued a baby skunk so they need to give us a break.

Tina, you sound like you are on a roll. One of the coaches at school wrote me up an exercise plan and asked me today if I did it this weekend. He is going to stay on me. I even went and walked with my kids when they were warming up in pe.

Tammy, how are you feeling today? Don't over do it!

Mimi, there were 5 kids in our family. I'm not sure how my parents survived when we all left home. We are a real close family and enjoy being all together.

Erin, how old is your baby? You have your hands full with all you are doing.

Amy, glad the kids had a good day. Amanda will have a better one tomorrow. Just remind her that the teachers get nervous too, she wanted to know if I did. And you know very well, I did.

Oh, my food was good today!!!!

Little Sis
08-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Well my house is strangly quiet today. Yesterday my 2 big ones started school to today is the firsst real day for just me and Zackie. This is a first! Jumper started 4K and was excited and wanted to be like the big kids, Manda on the other hand (my 3rd grader) had the hard time and just wanted to go home.

She has been having stomach problems off and on for a couple of weeks. So after dr. visits last week, stomach x-rays, cultures, and not being able to keep anything down this weekend due to nerves. Her dr. just called and on top of everything else she has a UTI. Poor baby!

Tomorrow, Zackie (my 3 yr old in 2 more weeks) goes to "Nommie School". He wanted to go to school, but he and I have never had one on one time, so my Mom told him he could come to "Nommie's School" a.k.a. her house for a play day once a week. I don't know what to do. Being a Full Time Stay at home Mommy I am not used to this concept. I know it wont take me long to find something. :D

jodilynn
08-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm new to the board and am finding a lot of great information here. I live in Oklahoma and have 2 kids (a 5 yo girl & a 8 yo boy). We have 1/2 day Kindergarten here so I'm struggling with a sleepy headed girl who wants to do NOTHING in the morning. I told her that after labor day, we're going to go to the Y in the mornings.

How does everyone deal with school lunches? We make ours, but the kids want desserts in their lunches. I try to steer them to the ones I don't really like, but it's HARD. Any ideas or suggestions?

Joanna

Mimi4fun
08-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Well its Official I am DIVORCED!

auntie
08-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone had a good Tuesday. I keep thinking it is later int he week than it is.....

Amy, I know it's going to be hard for you without Zacker tomorrow. You need to go have a manicure and pedicure. Treat yourself!!! You deserve it. He and Nommie are going to have soooo much fun!!!

Mimi, how are you feeling about your divorce? You know we are always here for ya. You know if we all were closer in distance we would be there and take you out.

Joanna, welcome to the group. We are a great group! If I say so myself!!! You will find all kind of support here.

Tammy, I don't know about you but I'm ready for vacation, already!!!

Tina, it's HOT here!!!! It's going be 102 with a heat index of 110 tomorrow. Way to hot for me!!! What's it like down there?

Have a good evening.

Tina
08-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Hi all,
It is hot here, too. :cool: I hate getting out in the afternoons because the car is an oven, the parking lot is an oven, get the picture. :D

Joanna, welcome to the group. I don't have to fix lunches anymore. Someone else will have to give you that info.

Mimi, dear Mimi, are you okay? Should we all celebrate or be sad?
Like Susan said, we are here for you, any time.

Tammy, I know you'll have the best looking room in the school district. ;)

Everyone have a great Wednesday.

WDWErin
08-24-2005, 03:33 AM
Joanna - When my children went to school, they had an option to buy icecream in the cafeteria. Do they have that option there? That way you don't have to pack a dessert, and so you won't be tempted to eat one. Just a thought...

auntie - She's 17 months old. I also have a 10 year old boy and 8 year old girl. I do have my hands full! :c) I love it.

Tina
08-24-2005, 10:40 AM
It's Wednesday!
You know, this thread has gotten soooooo l o n g !!!
Since it's almost September, maybe we can stick it out another week. :D :dizzy:
Today I take my mother in for a blood test. My mother's dementia is getting worse and taking her anywhere is a challenge.
Erin, are you ready for homeschooling? Where do you get your teaching materials?
Mimi, how are you doing friend?
Sis, I imagine you're ready for another vacation about now? How are you doing OP?
Jody, are you moved yet? Stay away from that fast food! :o
Susan, did your house finally get all aired out? That's a nice thing about living in the city-----no surprises like that!

Maureen, are you out there reading posts and not wanting to join in? Please come back, start posting again. I really miss you.

Amy, have fun by yourself today. If it were me, I'd go to La Madeline and get a cup of French onion soup.

Tammy, does Tim have friends who are taking classes at the college and the high school? How does his schedule work? Does he go one place in the mornings and the other in the afternoons? I know you are proud of him! Congratulations on getting your tracker moving again. I'm planning on mine moving tomorrow. :)

maureen kempster
08-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Good afternoon from rainy downtown Edmonton, alberta

Hi Ladies

I apologize for not posting, but I'm here everyday reading. I've managed to stay quit from smoking for 13 months, but have managed to gain almost 30 lbs. So now I have a grand total of 40 lbs to lose!!! I'm still working 2 jobs so I put in about 12 hours a day working. Try to get a walk in everyday or I'd be the size of a barn. I am taking the week off after labour day & I'm going to try to join a gym. I've been offered a job with an old employer and he's offering me the same salary that I make with my 2 jobs, so right now I'm just waiting to see when they'll be able to open up here. They're hoping for mid sept, but that may be a bit premature. This is an employment agency(mainly general labourers). I don't know what I'll do with all my time!!

Well, take care & I promise to stay in touch. Hi to all

maureen

Tammy
08-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Mimi, stay away from those tornadoes! Not fun. Do we say congratulations for the divorce? We should be there with you for a group hug (and of course a meal and a drink! lol )

Susan, you'll do great with your new student. lol about being ready for vacation. Tomorrow is our first official Teacher day. I am NOT looking forward to it at all. Meetings all morning, then hopefully some time in our classrooms. I know the 3 of us want to meet and work on plans for next week.

Joanna, welcome to the group!!! This group is wonderful. Very supportive in all areas of our lives, not just with eating. For desserts, I usually take yogurt or sf jello. Sometimes a cup of fruit.

Tina, my room looks great except posters keep falling down. Tomorrow I bring out the duct tape!!!! Cement might be next.

Erin, I have a 17 year old boy, a 57 year old husband, and an 11 year old Dachsund. I have my hands full too. lol

Tim goes to the high school for 1st period which is band. He leaves and goes to the community college on M-T-W-Th. He has 2 classes on M and W, and 1 class on T and Th. He goes back to the high school for English last period of the day. He has no college classes on Friday. His government class at the college has 14 people. 10 of them are post secondary students from our high school! He knows a few kids in his psychology class from the high school. He doesn't know anyone in hiis history class.

Maureen, we miss you when you don't post. You are so busy!! Take a break, come to Ohio, and hang out with the 4th graders and me next week. Wouldn't that be fun?

auntie
08-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Hi,
It's been a LONG day! 2 of my kids left by mid afternoon so my las period was just 2 kids and 2 adults.

Maureen, it seems like you just were talking about quitting smoking. It's great that it's been 13 months!!!! My hat is off to you. The weight will come off.

Tammy, have fun tomorrow, those meetings are a blast!

Tina, I hope my tracker moves too. Our house finally got aired out!!! :)

Erin, you do have your hands full. Where do you get your curriculum for homeschooling?

Mimi, how are you doing Sweetie?

Tomorrow is picture day. I hope my next ones in the spring I will be much skinnier.

Tina
08-25-2005, 11:17 PM
How was everyone's Thursday?

Susan, did you smile pretty for your photos? :D :D :D

Tammy, how was the first day of being back in the school? Did you have boring meetings today? I bet you're getting butterflies in your stomach. I know I would.

Amy, how are your little ones?
Maureen, it's so good to have you back!!!!! Congratulations on being smoke-free for so long. I sure hope you get that other job.

Hopefully everone else is doing good.
Well, I am sooooo hungry right now that I could eat a shoe. I mean, I'm soooooo hungry. Thoughts of cakes, pies, cookies, and ice cream keep going through my head. I was smart this week and made sure there wasn't anything like that in this house. I am determined to lose this weight!
:)

WDWErin
08-26-2005, 09:25 PM
I get my curriculum through www.schooloftomorrow.com - I use it for my core curriculum, and then I supplement my own things. For instance, we are tracking the hurricanes for the remainder of the hurricane season. (This has so many great lessons!!) They are responsible for catching the coordinates on the news in the evening. (homework, LOL!) Since School of Tomorrow's Science and Social Studies gets a little boring, I try to supplement what they are learning with something hands on. Last year, during some community themes, they interviewed the mayor of our town. It was alot of fun! We also try to find something that goes along with current events (the hurricane tracking is an example of that) Last year, during the tsumani tragedy, we learned how they happen, what area of the world was affected, and how we could help. So, some of my lesson plans literally occur over night!

Tammy
08-27-2005, 11:57 AM
On Thursday morning, our meetings went from about 9-12 in the auditorium. I didn't take a cushion, and boy did I regret it. My backside was sore, and it still is. Yesterday morning our meetings were in the computer lab working with a new grade book program. Comfy chairs, so that was helpful. Both afternoons were spent planning with the other 4th grade teachers and doing things in the classroom. Last night was the first football game, so I was there to announce for the band. I'm going in to school today to use the copier to get things ready for the first couple of weeks. I'm sure there will be others there too today, but it won't be as crazy as waiting until Monday.

Erin, I know some of my plans occur overnight too. We have to be flexible with what is happening in the world. With our principal, we have to follow the lesson plans that we have. For being a former teacher, he sure doesn't go with the flow!! lol

Well, it is past time for Tim to be out of bed. He is going to school to fix a bookshelf for me sometime. He works tonight from 4-11 at Arby's. Loves those paychecks!!

Tina
08-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Hi group!

Tammy, it sounds like you had a busy two days. I just know your first day will be good. And, your room will be the best one. :)

How is everyone doing this weekend?

WDWErin
08-27-2005, 11:51 PM
I didn't have a good evening last night. I really went OP. Then, of course, felt very guilty. Well, today - I did much better. I just used up all my flex points in one night. Not good - but, I'm still on track as far as I'm concerned. I won't miss any more meetings - I need that encouragement.

Oh well.

How is everyone else?

Tammy
08-28-2005, 04:36 PM
I've spent most of the weekend doing stuff for school. Bob was growling at me because he thinks that I'm doing too much. I decided to get things done for the first couple of weeks so I won't have so much to do after school starts. Makes sense to me. I am ready for a nap though! lol

My food and water have been ok, but no more movement on the scales. I bought some mini-cinnamon/raisin bagels for breakfast. Thought that would be something different to get me started this week. Also bought salad fixings.

Mimi4fun
08-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Happy Sunday: Yes you can congratulate me. I gave the papers to my ex and he was glad to get them. They don't make much difference to me though. Dan is back from Nebraska and wants to join a gym. He has lost quite a bit this last year as well I think about 50 pounds. One more week of summer holidays. It is staying hot up here I hope we have a looonnnngggg fall. I had a real blow out night last night and stuffed myself back on points again today though. Will check in again soon.
Mimi

WDWErin
08-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Well, then - Congrats, Mimi. I've had a divorce alot like that, too. We'd been split up for years and years, and just never made it official. It was nice when it was done. Nice and FINAL!

:c)

Today's been a great day. I've been researching the Wendie plan - it sounds interesting. I might give it a try starting next week. I've had a wonderful OP day.

WW is a surprisingly easy diet to be on - but, not as aggressive as I'd hoped. Does anyone know what I mean?

auntie
08-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Hi Everyone,
Hope you've had a great weekend. I've gotten a lot of school stuff done. Progress reports go out next week, since it's the third week of school. Figured I better get some grades in the grade book. :)

I'm hoping to do better on my food. I craved ice cream this weekend and gave into it.

Nothing exciting here. Take care!

Little Sis
08-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Ladies, I need your help!

This starts week 2 of school for us and Jumper (4 yo will be 5 in a couple months) is getting up every morning and cries that he doesn't want to go. He is in 4K and it is all day. When he comes out at 2:45 he is happy and says he had a great day. I feel like I have done the wrong thing and should pull him out since it is only preK. All I want to do is cry. Needless to say it has not been a good last week.

Tina
08-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Morning friends,

Amy, I'm sorry you're having such a dilema.
When our son was that age, we put him a one-day a week group.

I haven't been posting because I've been so busy. I'll have to catch up.

auntie
08-29-2005, 10:02 PM
It's that time of the year when it's so busy!

Amy, I know it's hard on you with Jump being upset. I promise it will get better. Call me when you need to talk!!! I love you bunches!!!!

Tina, how are you doing?

Tammy, how is school?

Erin, how is school for you?

Mimi, are you doing ok?

I'm getting a new student tomorrow. I met her this morning.... She is going to something. I'll fill ya'll in on how the day goes. On the other hand, my youngin is doing great!!!

Tina
08-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Don't Post Here!
Come to the new thread